BH Balanced Hackmons

There's benefits to both. Normalize Gengar has craptacular coverage and pretty much loses to Magic Bounce users. MB Giratina with Knock Off can live a hit and remove the Spooky Plate to hard counter, for example, assuming Gengar doesn't have or hasn't used set-up. But it's also pretty much a giant middle finger to anything slower who lack the proper moves to hit it anyway. Most teams carry a move or two that hit through Normalize, however,

Moldy Gengar can self-Imposterproof and bypass Unaware and Shedinja, smack Fur Coat users, namely Chansey, with Secret Sword, and also sneak stuff like Spore past a Bouncer. It also can run better coverage since its coverage moves aren't always Normal. Secret Sword and Sludge Wave are the most common. Dazzlesmash shouldn't need any explanation. Both sets also have the benefit of not losing their whole gimmick to a stray Taunt or Encore and are a bit more useful offensively if they lose their plate.

There's also some more niche abilities for Spooky Plate Gengar, like Simple, Merciless, Adaptability, and Prankster, but they're more team specific.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Would rather not look through 56 pages, so does anyone know any good fun sets that have been posted here, or just any that come to mind?

This is my favorite

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 hp / 252 atk / 252 def / 252 spa / 252 spd
Brave Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Shadow Force
- Copycat
- Spore

Just a fun set i like to play with, not very good obviously but i like it. Prankster Spore is cool, just watch for M Bounce or Safety Goggles, and ofc dark types, which you just lose to :p
Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Simple
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Sunsteel Strike
- Power Trip
- High Horsepower

+Atk to go second to avoid Spectral Thief, +4 Attack, SpA, Speed and then you are suddenly first the following turn.
Follow up with a Mega Evolution and you are +30 % all Damage.

Metagross is faster than Kartana’s Unburden Set, (and slower when it needs to be- Pre-Mega), and has better Defenses (Pre-Mega) than Kartana for when the foe outspeeds.

Kartana admittedly still hits harder, but we are talking +6 vs + 4, because if it was +6 + Tough Claws, the Metagross would win.
————
An upgrade to your Doublade set:

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Brave Nature
- V-Create
- Shadow Force
- Copycat
- Me First/Destiny Bond

Spore is annoying if they have Misty Terrain, Me First can be useful when they use moves they are weak to (Precipice Blades Diancie-Mega), while Destiny Bond handles Dark Types.

Me First is like Sucker Punch on steroids, giving you a 50% Boost. Plus you can Copycat the move you used next turn!

Dual STAB, over 500 Attack, and it cannot be burned!
Fire gives it switches into some Steel, Bug, Grass, Ice, Fairy, Fire moves.

Last edited:
For a prankster copycatter you can try Mega-Ampharos, who has excellent special attack, good typing, a very good STAB, and is not reliant on its item. Core Enforcer is STAB, Copycat to move first the next turn, Spore to put imposter and other mons to sleep, and DBond to emergency remove a dangerous sweeper, Recover can be used to improve longevity.
Ampharos-Mega @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Core Enforcer
- Copycat
- Spore
- Destiny Bond / Recover

Anyway here are 2 'Cores' I have been using. Feel free to make comments/suggestions.

Slowbro-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Soundproof
Relaxed Nature
- Parting Shot
- Anchor Shot
- Scald
- Heal Order

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Entrainment
- Anchor Shot
- Topsy-Turvy
- Recover
Simple defensive core that cover a vast majority of attackers while covering each other's weaknesses quite well. Soundproof megabro is an underrated set and it handles all -ates bar galvanize which ferro takes. Megabro is also a good answer to the annoying mmx. Moveset is pretty basic with parting shot to pivot, anchor shot to threaten imposter, scald for stab and spread burns, spectral can be used over scald. Ff ferro is one of my favourite sets as it blanket checks all ph users. Entrainment is to beat ph users by removing ph, topsy turvy to remove the boosts (spectral fails on gigas), anchor shot to threaten imposter and trap phers thinking they can 1v1 you. Megabro covers the fighting weakness ferro has while ferro covers the electric and grass moves targeted at bro. Should pair this core with somethings that can beat triage ray and normgar, along with other stuff, prankster works ok.

Kyogre-Primal @ Choice Specs
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Water Spout
- Water Shuriken / Steam Eruption
- Volt Switch
- Moonblast

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Roost
- Spectral Thief
- Anchor Shot
A offensive core. Specs Pogre is a ridiculously strong breaker (outpowered specs surge mmy) that has limited switch ins apart from prankster and regenvest tina, regenvest pogre, water immunes, imposter. Spout is main stab, shuriken is so it is more useful vs offense, volt switch can chip down switch ins while gaining momentum, moonblast provides good coverage, hitting dragons without consuming spouts pp. Red orb don improofs pogre, taking a pitiful amount from Moonblast. Sacred fire is a strong stab that has a high chance to cripple physical attackers, spectral prevents being set up fodder, anchor shot traps imposters that often switch in on non illusion don and can also trap the imposter pogre (they shouldn't switch in though), roost to keep healthy. Electric surge as ability to prevent sleep while not preventing burns as well as powering up volt switch. The benefit of a more defensive don is the imposterproofness while luring imposter for pogre. Good partners include slow pivots to get pogre in safely and stuff that have knock off to remove vests.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Isn’t your Pokémon reliant on an item though? If they have Magic Bounce or a Grass Type with Spore (Ferrothorn, Venu-Mega, Kartana, Sceptile) you cannot stay in without Safety Goggles, plus if they switch in a Fairy Type then Core Enforcer is blocked completely.

Marowak might have below powerful Attack after losing Thick Club, but it can use Shadow Force to add up Damage thanks to being invincible, and use Me First to turn an Attack into a free Choice Banded / Specs version of it due to the power boost. Also... V-Create:

252+ Atk Marowak-Alola V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Arceus: 162-192 (36.4 - 43.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Is on par with a Life Orb Pixelate Diancie-Mega Extreme Speed

252 Atk Life Orb Pixilate Diancie-Mega Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Arceus: 165-196 (37.1 - 44.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

So if it’s best move without an item comes with priority and hits as hard as Diancie-Mega, I think we are good...

For a Pokémon actually not reliant on an item you might want to try

Exeggutor-Alola @ Draco Plate/Darkinium-Z
Quiet Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Copycat
- Spore
- Seed Flare/Parting Shot

For damage comparison:

252+ SpA Draco Plate Exeggutor-Alola Core Enforcer vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Zygarde-Complete: 312-368 (49 - 57.8%) -- 55.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

VS

252+ SpA Ampharos-Mega Core Enforcer vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Zygarde-Complete: 320-378 (50.3 - 59.4%) -- 77.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

At least Exeggutor can Spore safely without fear of Magic Bounce, etc. after Knock Off and Trick.
A 4x resistance to each of the following: Grass, Water, Electric as well as a key resistance in ground help it stay in on common coverage moves despite its lower Defenses.

And even after Knock Off/Trick, if it has lowered its opponents’ SpD by -2 thanks to Seed Flare, then it will definitely be doing enough damage, without the need for a Boosting item.

Last edited:
Actually magic bouncers are not a problem usually since 45 speed underspeed and cores apart from fairies which wall you anyway and also mampha isn't weak to knock off unlike alowak. Exeggutor isn't on the viability ranking and isn't even close to viable (unlike alowak which imo is borderline useable) so let's not discuss that. I think the main problem with this discussion is that this won't be getting anywhere because prankster copycat itself is a flawed strategy that is very close to a meme and the only reason mampha has this set ranked is because of its power and ability to use a good move in core.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Sunsteel Strike
- Power Trip
- High Horsepower

+Atk to go second to avoid Spectral Thief, +4 Attack, SpA, Speed and then you are suddenly first the following turn.
Follow up with a Mega Evolution and you are +30 % all Damage.

Metagross is faster than Kartana’s Unburden Set, (and slower when it needs to be- Pre-Mega), and has better Defenses (Pre-Mega) than Kartana for when the foe outspeeds.

Kartana admittedly still hits harder, but we are talking +6 vs + 4, because if it was +6 + Tough Claws, the Metagross would win.
————
An upgrade to your Doublade set:

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Brave Nature
- V-Create
- Shadow Force
- Copycat
- Me First/Destiny Bond

Spore is annoying if they have Misty Terrain, Me First can be useful when they use moves they are weak to (Precipice Blades Diancie-Mega), while Destiny Bond handles Dark Types.

Me First is like Sucker Punch on steroids, giving you a 50% Boost. Plus you can Copycat the move you used next turn!

Dual STAB, over 500 Attack, and it cannot be burned!
Fire gives it switches into some Steel, Bug, Grass, Ice, Fairy, Fire moves.
do you have any good replays showcasing the effectiveness of these sets

1526328894351.png

y'know u-turn is p common. According to April usage stats, 9/10 of the top used mons have u-turn usage, 7 out of those nine having u-turn at least 15% of the time. Why does this matter? So I'm not crazy when I use this:

Hanjiryū (Giratina) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Sassy Nature
- Baneful Bunker
- Beak Blast
- Spectral Thief
- Core Enforcer

Abuse how common this contact pivot move is by using these two moves t o spread lots of status, preferably burns. Tina has an advantage in doing so thanks to it already resisting U-turn and the passive recovery provided by poison heal. Burning on u-turns was the original purpose of the set, but after some time I had found spreading burns to anything with a contact move (which is quite a bit of things running koff or spectral, and pretty much any phys breaker). I often can sack tina just for the burn and have it turn out well. Baneful bunker exists to aid in activating your toxic orb, giving you the passive recovery mentioned before, and status immunity, also threatening to poison anything already not burned. I've toyed with the idea of instead using spiky shield, someone report back to me on how that works out. Spectral Thief has two purposes; One being that it allows tina to not be a sitting duck against set up, two being that it aids in hindering imposter. When Chansey decides to come in, being poison heal without an actual recovery move is already in an advantage. Beak Blast has negative priority, allowing me to evade opposing core enforcer.

252 SpA Giratina Core Enforcer vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 174-206 (34.5 - 40.8%) -- possible 5HKO after Leech Seed recovery and Poison Heal

I do NOT recommend using baneful to aid in recovery versus imposter unless you make godly predictions; you dont want imp getting poisoned. You should hope they decide to test spectral thief's damage. While the set can go against its own imposter, I do recommend carrying something else to aid in beating it, going tina v imp is quite dull. Core enforcer is for generic ability stopping and checking most ph barring fairies (although if carrying leech seed support you can win, unless it gets +1, in which case you need about 70% or higher HP to win)

Speaking of leech seed:

Giratina @ Toxic Orb
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Baneful Bunker
- Spectral Thief / Topsy Turvy
- Core Enforcer

Sacrifice the power to burn a chunk of the meta for the almost perfect PH counter. Topsy is better against Gigas, Spectral aids in not being completely passive against the fairies. As already noted, to beat +1 xern you need to have around 70% health, worse case scenario:

(no turns out i dont have time to post the calcs)

Of course, if you come in on a xern that is quivering, you should just spectral. Thief into baneful lets you win unless I'm forgetting something. Same for Pogre:
(which i dont have time to provide calcs for)

(will get calcs at a later time lmao)

Well thats all, I have no idea how to end a post. Cya

EDIT: lol not all fairies just ph xern is a worry, unless some maniac is running ph m-dia, in which case, run.

pazza

Banned deucer.
Isn’t your Pokémon reliant on an item though? If they have Magic Bounce or a Grass Type with Spore (Ferrothorn, Venu-Mega, Kartana, Sceptile) you cannot stay in without Safety Goggles, plus if they switch in a Fairy Type then Core Enforcer is blocked completely.

Marowak might have below powerful Attack after losing Thick Club, but it can use Shadow Force to add up Damage thanks to being invincible, and use Me First to turn an Attack into a free Choice Banded / Specs version of it due to the power boost. Also... V-Create:

252+ Atk Marowak-Alola V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Arceus: 162-192 (36.4 - 43.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Is on par with a Life Orb Pixelate Diancie-Mega Extreme Speed

252 Atk Life Orb Pixilate Diancie-Mega Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Arceus: 165-196 (37.1 - 44.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

So if it’s best move without an item comes with priority and hits as hard as Diancie-Mega, I think we are good...
yes will be fun eating this post

I honestly have no idea why your comparing a 80bp to a 180bp. Arceus is still in the WAY better situation there vs Marowak.
Marowak is also really slow and has like no bulk.

Also for the other set, why are you comparing it to stuff that people don't use. Its like saying "guys manectric is good because it does more damage then sivally xdd"

can we hit 5 references

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
do you have any good replays showcasing the effectiveness of these sets
Yes I started a new job at Facebook so I haven’t played for a few days, but I’ll log in and bring them.

yes will be fun eating this post

I honestly have no idea why your comparing a 80bp to a 180bp. Arceus is still in the WAY better situation there vs Marowak.
Marowak is also really slow and has like no bulk.

Also for the other set, why are you comparing it to stuff that people don't use. Its like saying "guys manectric is good because it does more damage then sivally xdd"

can we hit 5 references
I don’t understand why you can’t see what it does... Prankster means it goes first after an Attack, Me First included, so it being slow is only to its benefit (Shadow Force will go second on the turn it Attacks, but go first the turn it becomes invulnerable thru Copycat, a great strategy on its one hitting very hard off Marowak-Alolan).

Base power is not the issue. (If it was then you would actually say 96 vs 180 due to the Pixelate Boost), actual Damage is. As long as you end up dealing a worthy amount then you are doing your job.

Not that I use Manectric, but I know other notable users in the forums do (such as Rumors), so you take that up with them... anyways your example compares a Sylvally (why not Eviolite Type: Null) vs Manectric a non-sweeper vs a sweeper/pivot.

Marowak and Diancie both use Priority moves to handle faster threats, so they aren’t completely different. My example was not for the best case scenario, it was for a worst case (no Thick Club means half the power), and highlights the type (STAB) Marowak can uniquely use (Shadow Force and V-Create).

My point on exeggutor wasn’t about it surpassing Ampharos-Mega it was about them saying “non-item reliant”, but to some degree *such as vs Imposter, Grass Types with Spore, Magic Bounce (Core Enforcer doesn’t negate on the switch in) it is.

You didn’t eat my post, you only ate your words...

Last edited:
@above Please BNBR.
The point about Alowak is that it has mediocre bulk, weak to rocks, completely crippled by knock off, and loses to just about every dark, dqm, and priority user. Ampharos, while having these problems, is not completely crippled by knock off as it can still function, and core enforcer does enough damage by itself and has that utility to slightly alleviate this problem.
To your Metagross set, I think the main point is why not use Unburden sets instead? I would rather use BellyUnburden Metagross/Solgaleo/Dusk Mane than that because with Sitrus I end up at 75% rather than your 50% (since your defence gets halved by Shell Smash). The speed tier, while faster, doesn't matter because you outspeed the entire unboosted meta (well excluding a couple but they can't do anything back and are nonexistent in the meta anyways). And unburden carries you through imposter while post mega you are susceptible to scarf imposter and speed tie eviolite imposter. You also gain a little more power and is not obvious what set you may be running (especially for Solg/DM). Ofc 70 Base speed is still outspeeding all mons that are min speed and less than or equal to 130 base speed.
The main problem with a lot of your sets is that while they all have some niche that niche is totally not worth using over some other mon that 95% outclasses it. Coming up with creative sets for the mons on the viability rankings will be a lot more effective.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
@above Please BNBR.
The point about Alowak is that it has mediocre bulk, weak to rocks, completely crippled by knock off, and loses to just about every dark, dqm, and priority user. Ampharos, while having these problems, is not completely crippled by knock off as it can still function, and core enforcer does enough damage by itself and has that utility to slightly alleviate this problem.
To your Metagross set, I think the main point is why not use Unburden sets instead? I would rather use BellyUnburden Metagross/Solgaleo/Dusk Mane than that because with Sitrus I end up at 75% rather than your 50% (since your defence gets halved by Shell Smash). The speed tier, while faster, doesn't matter because you outspeed the entire unboosted meta (well excluding a couple but they can't do anything back and are nonexistent in the meta anyways). And unburden carries you through imposter while post mega you are susceptible to scarf imposter and speed tie eviolite imposter. You also gain a little more power and is not obvious what set you may be running (especially for Solg/DM). Ofc 70 Base speed is still outspeeding all mons that are min speed and less than or equal to 130 base speed.
The main problem with a lot of your sets is that while they all have some niche that niche is totally not worth using over some other mon that 95% outclasses it. Coming up with creative sets for the mons on the viability rankings will be a lot more effective.
Simple Smash was to outspeed non-Simple Smashes/Unburden activated foes (I.e. if they set up as you do) and allows you to go Adamant over Jolly (and allows you to have less investment into Speed to under Speed Spectral Thief, while outspeeding as much as possible once you Boost).

Further, unlike Unburden, it isn’t a 1x use (I.e. if they send in a Prankster Hazer then you can switch out and Shell smash later- especially if you haven’t Mega-ed). I like to save my Mega until Imposter is used as Power Trip is often enough even before the Mega.

Also, Power Trip is the reason for Shell Smash over Belly Drum. It’s anti-Giratina, Lugia, Etc. Unless they have Haze Prankster, they are done.

Also, if I ever switch to Stored Power for mixed Sweeping, Shell Smash benefits SpA.

Most importantly is the fact it is Eviolite Imposterproof until you Mega, while Unburden is only Imposterproof if it isn’t hit by Trick, Knock Off, or hasn’t already switched out. Metagross isn’t concerned about those things... Trick is actually blocked, and Knock Off is at 65 Base Power.

Your point about 50% vs 75% is only true assuming Metagross goes first, but Metagross is hoping to underspeed the hit, survive to boost, and then hit first next turn. So it’s actually 75% VS 100%, as Metagross is used for going second (another reason why I use the slower Base form vs the faster Mega form) .

My post was in reply to what Yveltal for PU said:
Would rather not look through 56 pages, so does anyone know any good fun sets that have been posted here, or just any that come to mind?
I agree about most things you said, but I am not trying to add them to the viability rankings list in my posts, I was literally just posting some fun sets I enjoyed using.

Also I wanted to add: Thank you for your post, it was clear, considerate and effective at making your point in a respectful way.

Last edited:

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alola Marowak is honestly not bad. I tried using it on a previous recommendation in the resources thread. I feel that prankster is not the best option for it, as the niche here is to make use of its
1) imposter resistant nature with thick club
2) its extremely low speed, which lets it underspeed uturns from walls, core enforcer, and metal burst
3) its great stab combination that lets it hit Giratina unlike things like Blaziken Mega

I make use of Tinted Lens, my favorite ability in BH, and tried to leverage all of the above. It deals significant damage if used properly.
1526356189397.png

Marowak-Alola-Totem @ Thick Club
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 SpA / 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Spectral Thief
- Extreme Speed
- V-create

This replay is a perfect showcase of all of the above: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-736849886

----

I also wanted to say that I enjoy discussion on not only this thread, but also the central and the ban discussions thread. However, I wanted to mention that a poster should also take feedback on their sets/teams from others discussing with them. We all want to make the most fun and strongest sets together, not personally try to one-up each other or stay on one track stubbornly. Disagreements on the same points don't need to continue for many pages; you can respectfully disagree and then end the argument if it looks like neither side will budge.

Last edited:
That Marowak-Alola set looks interesting, I wanna try that out! Alolan Exeggutor looks like a fun Pokémon to use as well. I have a few more things too, sorry if they’re bad or whatever I don’t have access to PS! or the calculator atm. I apologize in advance for crappy names.

CHOMPCHOMP (Mawile) @ Mawilite
Ability: Multiscale / Simple
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 def / 252 spd / 252 spe
IVs: 0 spa
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum / Shell Smash
- Bullet Punch
- Sunsteel Strike
- Play Rough

So if it’s not obvious, setup, mega, rek. I assume that, even at +3, 50 Speed is not too fast, so you have to be wary for that I guess. It’s meh defenses and great defensive type give it Core Enforcer and Toxic immunity, which helps it not be stalled out. However, you don’t have too much of an answer to Spore and such, as If it’s Prankster Spore especially you can’t even Bullet Punch because you might be slower than the target (unless I guess if this like Mega Audino or Registeel or whatever). Ground/Fire weaknesses is something you have to watch for, so probably best to setup on something passive-ish, if you can. You can also run this as Mega Medicham instead, using Photon Geyser over Sunsteel, Mach over Bullet Punch, and whatever you want for that last slot, maybe CC/Drain Punch? Also, how to imposterproof, if possible?

Rawr it’s Doggo (Houndoom-Mega) @ Firium Z / Life Orb / Leftovers
EVs: 252 def / 252 spa / 252 spd / 252 spe
IVs: 0 atk
Timid Nature
- Taunt / Spore / Entrainment
- Destiny Bond / Entrainment
- Blue Flare
- Dark Pulse

With its awkward typing comes a few cool things. For one, it has Prankster immunity, so at least the Status side of your movepool you are unaffected by, when imposter visits. Prankster Taunt can help stop setup sweepers from setting up, and it’s Dark/Fire typing combined with Entrainment poses a threat to Prankster Steels, but really just Prankster and steel Pokémon in general. Plus hey, cool thing about Prankster Entrainment, if you hit a Magic Bounce Pokémon, you get Magic Bounce, meaning your likely about to bounce something back! Destiny Bond is good because you could easily just book something with it out of nowhere. Honestly, I kinda wanna replace Dark Pulse, but idk with what? It can really only help vs Giratina/Mega Gengar off the top of my head, as something like MMY I say likely to kill you before you attack, though I suppose Spore (granted they don’t have Safety Goggles or something else) can help with that. Also, you’re walled completely by Mega Gyarados, is there anything to run to improve that? Seed Flare, maybe? Could also help vs Kyogre Primal as well, though I doubt Seed Flare would ever KO, Andy you’d just get OHKOd back with scald or something.

Old Boi (Drampa) @ Leftovers / Safety Goggles / Toxic Orb
Ability: Prankster / Poison Heal
EVs: 252 def / 252 spa / 252 spd
IVs: 0 atk / 0 spe
Quiet Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Tail Glow
- Spore / Milk Drink
- Boomburst

Seems to hit very hard, has STAB Core Enforcer, 135 Spa + STAB Boomburst, and yeah that’s it. Basically a slower, special variant of Regigigas/Slaking/Arceus, but can also run Prankster for Prankster Spore or a Milk Drink I guess. It’s normal type, so Spectral Thief is something we laugh at, and our what 36 Speed with Core Enforcer makes it very slow, meaning we will likely always get the effect out of Core Enforcer, except for fairy Pokémon. However, this is also a very frail Pokémon if I remember correctly, so it may not live too many attacks. I’d couple this with a mon that can best use Knock Off, so you can get rid of goggles and such, so you can just attempt to Spore everything.

Last set for the night

Kiss Me (Tapu Koko) @ Focus Sash / Life Orb / Safety Goggles
Ability: Triage
EVs: 252 def / 252 spa / 252 spd / 252 spe
IVs: 0 atk
Modest Nature
- Parabolic Charge
- Draining Kiss
- Tail Glow
- Oblivion Wing / Giga Drain / Healing Wish / Spore

What? Triage Mega Ray? WHAT DO I DO?! Tapu Koko outspeed Mray, and on top of that has Draining Kiss to hit it for weakness with. Tapu Koko also has Paralysis immunity, along with Core Enforcer immunity, so you can be sure, maybe except for Spore users, that you will pretty much always be able to hit fast. I only consider healing wish because I think depending on what it’s paired with it can be a really powerful move to use, plus it’s got +3 priority so it’s not like your going to be stopped from using it unless you’ve been Taunted earlier.

I'm not sure that's the best set for Houndoom. Granted, Houndoom is a very niche Pokemon (in my unofficial sub-D VR, it's in E-rank), so I'm not sure anyone really knows its best set. The main reason to run it, I think, would be to hit stuff like Giratina with STAB, which is something other special-Fire types cannot do, and to hit stuff like Registeel and Aegislash, with is something Yveltal and other stray special Darks cannot do. Houndoom's main drawback is it really needs more power, speed, or bulk (mostly one of the first two).

Also, Night Daze > Dark Pulse except for Imposterproofing with attacks due to the accuracy drops.

Drampa's main problem, while it has a niche typing, is all of its stats are fairly mediocre except Special Attack. It does not have the bulk to take much of a hit, if it can take one at all, to justify its low speed. Ampharos-Mega almost completely outclasses it, its only drawbacks are Ground weakness and lack of Spectral immunity.

Here's my team:

Blaziken-Mega @ Assault Vest
Ability: Contrary
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Superpower
- Ice Hammer
- Dragon Ascent

This guy's base attack is high, so I went more defensive, giving him moves that raise various stats with contrary and can sweep a whole team when used right. V-create is the go-to move for base 180 and raising defenses and speed. Let's see this guy after two V-creates:
252+ Atk Rayquaza Earthquake vs. +2 252 HP / 252 Def Blaziken-Mega: 124-146 (34 - 40.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Rayquaza-Mega @ White Herb
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Fusion Bolt
- Shell Smash

Speaking of Rayquaza, this one uses Shell Smash to raise it's Attack, Special Attack and Speed to sweep and uses a White Herb to negate the defense drop. Here's it's power in action against the previous set:
+4 252 Atk Rayquaza-Mega Earthquake vs. +2 252 HP / 252 Def Blaziken-Mega: 382-450 (104.9 - 123.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
Adamant Nature
- King's Shield
- Crabhammer
- Diamond Storm
- Flying Press

Leftovers complement Aegislash's Stance Change to give passive recovery in it's defensive form. Not quite as noteworthy as the other members but pulls it's weight.

Kyogre-Primal @ Fist Plate
Modest Nature
- Judgment
- Steam Eruption
- Aeroblast
- Thunder

Here's our special attacker! Self explanatory, moving on.

Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Thousand Arrows
- Toxic

This guy is an absolute TANK. Stalls with toxic, uses Wish/protect to heal itself and others, and uses Thousand Arrows to not be walled by steels.
This guy has a 70% chance to take two 1512 ATK base 140 STAB attacks.
+4 252 Atk Rayquaza-Mega Sky Attack vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Fur Coat Zygarde-Complete: 304-358 (47.7 - 56.2%) -- 29.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
This guy can take special attacks too:
252+ SpA Kyogre-Primal Steam Eruption vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Zygarde-Complete in Heavy Rain: 282-333 (44.3 - 52.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Bounce
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Psystrike
- Parting Shot

Outspeeds everything unboosted to set up T spikes and SR and Magic Bounce will bounce back opposing hazards. Sash and speed ensure both hazards are set. Parting shot helps momentum and Psystrike gives it something to attack with.

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
+3 252 SpA Tapu Koko Draining Kiss vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Rayquaza-Mega: 260-308 (62.8 - 74.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
:thinking:

Here's my team:

Blaziken-Mega @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Superpower
- Ice Hammer
- Dragon Ascent

This guy's base attack is high, so I went more defensive, giving him moves that raise various stats with contrary and can sweep a whole team when used right. V-create is the go-to move for base 180 and raising defenses and speed. Let's see this guy after two V-creates:
252+ Atk Rayquaza Earthquake vs. +2 252 HP / 252 Def Blaziken-Mega: 124-146 (34 - 40.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Adamant Nature
- Sky Attack
- Earthquake
- Fusion Bolt
- Shell Smash

Speaking of Rayquaza, this one uses Shell Smash to raise it's Attack, Special Attack and Speed to sweep and uses a White Herb to negate the defense drop. Here's it's power in action against the previous set:
+4 252 Atk Rayquaza-Mega Earthquake vs. +2 252 HP / 252 Def Blaziken-Mega: 382-450 (104.9 - 123.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
Adamant Nature
- King's Shield
- Crabhammer
- Diamond Storm
- Flying Press

Leftovers complement Aegislash's Stance Change to give passive recovery in it's defensive form. Not quite as noteworthy as the other members but pulls it's weight.

Kyogre-Primal @ Fist Plate
Modest Nature
- Judgment
- Steam Eruption
- Aeroblast
- Thunder

Here's our special attacker! Self explanatory, moving on.

Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Thousand Arrows
- Toxic

This guy is an absolute TANK. Stalls with toxic, uses Wish/protect to heal itself and others, and uses Thousand Arrows to not be walled by steels.
This guy has a 70% chance to take two 1500 ATK base 140 STAB attacks.
+4 252 Atk Rayquaza-Mega Sky Attack vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Fur Coat Zygarde-Complete: 304-358 (47.7 - 56.2%) -- 29.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
This guy can take special attacks too:
252+ SpA Kyogre-Primal Steam Eruption vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Zygarde-Complete in Heavy Rain: 282-333 (44.3 - 52.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Bounce
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Psystrike
- Parting Shot

Outspeeds everything unboosted to set up T spikes and SR and Magic Bounce will bounce back opposing hazards. Sash and speed ensure both hazards are set. Parting shot helps momentum and Psystrike gives it something to attack with.
Interesting team, but there are a few kinks to work out, mainly that you are incredibly Imposter and Poison Heal weak.

Blaziken-Mega's main problem is that it's mainly outclassed by Mewtwo-Mega-X. While it does have STAB on V-Create, it also has 30 less base speed, which causes it to be outsped by the likes of Rayquaza-Mega, Diancie-Mega, and Mewtwo-Mega-X; additionally, Mewtwo-Mega-X has STAB Photon Geyser to break through Unaware, and STAB Psycho Boost to beat common Fur Coat or otherwise physically bulky mons. Blaziken-Mega could try Overheat, but most Fur Coat mons are resistant to it (e.g. Zygarde-Complete, which you are currently using right now).

I would suggest this set instead:
Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Icium Z
Naive / Jolly Nature
- Psycho Boost / Photon Geyser
- Superpower
- V-create
- Ice Hammer
Icium Z allows it to 100% OHKO Zygarde-Complete unboosted (and at +2 when Fur Coat), as well as OHKO Giratina at +1.

Rayquaza-Mega's set is fairly questionable. Simple Shell Smash is easily beat by Unaware if you don't have any ability-ignoring moves. Sky Attack is pretty much outclassed by Acrobatics - while it does do 30 BP more, it requires a charge, which can be played around with by Protect clones or just KOing the fug while it's charging.

Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Acrobatics
- Precipice Blades / Earthquake / Thousand Arrows
- Sunsteel Strike

Precipice Blades does more damage, although it does have some miss rate. Thousand Arrows does 10 BP less but can hit Flying types. I chose Unburden to help against Imposter, since Imposter does not copy Unburden's 2x speed.

I generally dislike one-time-use sets like these, so here is another more standard set that works well:
Rayquaza-Mega @ Choice Specs
Ability: Aerilate
Timid / Naive Nature
- Boomburst
- Core Enforcer
- Blue Flare / Secret Sword / Extreme Speed
- Moongeist Beam
Choice Specs Boomburst with Aerilate has almost no switchins, save for bulky Steel types and Tyranitar-Mega; the rest is just coverage.

Aegislash's set is really weird to me. It has no recovery, no STAB, and is vulnerable to Spore. I would rather make it a defensive wall to imposterproof your sweepers.

I would suggest this set:
Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
Sassy Nature
- Entrainment / Defog
- Defog / Spectral Thief / Topsy-Turvy
- Shore Up
- U-turn / Anchor Shot

Flash Fire imposterproofs Blaziken/Mewtwo-Mega-X. Entrainment pressures Poison Healers, Defoggers control hazards (which you have none at the moment other than Deoxys-Speed, which is a shaky one), while Spectral Thief and Topsy-Turvy negate the boosts that the PH users try to get. Anchor Shot prevents them from escaping though you could use U-Turn for better momentum.

Kyogre-Primal is not exactly very self-explanatory. I'm not very sure why you have Fighting Judgement - it still doesn't beat Normalize Gengar-Mega or Imposter. Additionally, Aeroblast doesn't seem to hit anything useful other than Mewtwo-Mega-X; Steam Eruption does more damage anyway.

Kyogre-Primal @ Toxic Orb
Modest Nature
- Scald / Steam Eruption / Water Spout
- Moonblast / Freeze-Dry
- Quiver Dance
- Spore / Leech Seed / King's Shield

Poison Heal Kyogre-Primal is really nice as it gives itself immunity to status, semi-reliable recovery, and imposterproofing. Scald is used for its large PP, though you could use other Water moves for more power. Moonblast hits Fighting and Dragon types that doesn't get walled by Water types, though you could use Freeze-Dry to have a better matchup against Imposter. The last moveslot is your choice, really.

Fur Coat is nice for Zygarde-Complete, but I think that Unaware is a better choice here, as you have nothing against special setup sweepers. Wish + Protect is okay, but I would rather use Shore Up to free up a moveslot for more utility. If you want it, though, I'd suggest Spiky Shield or Baneful Bunker over Protect since it beats Sturdy Shedinja. I question the viability of Toxic, since it doesn't affect many sets (Magic Bounce, Magic Guard, Misty Surge, Comatose, Poison Heal, Poison types, Steel types). I would go with Will-o-Wisp to cripple physical attackers, Spectral Thief to steal boosts, or Core Enforcer to pressure Poison Heal users. Thousand Arrows may sound ideal, but in reality, it fails to 2HKO any Steel-types:

252 Atk Zygarde-Complete Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Registeel: 134-158 (36.8 - 43.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Zygarde-Complete Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Ferrothorn: 81-96 (23 - 27.2%) -- 51.2% chance to 4HKO
252 Atk Zygarde-Complete Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 168-198 (42.2 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Zygarde-Complete Thousand Arrows vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Celesteela: 87-103 (21.9 - 25.9%) -- 3.8% chance to 4HKO
252 Atk Zygarde-Complete Thousand Arrows vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Celesteela: 174-206 (43.8 - 51.8%) -- 11.3% chance to 2HKO

Zygarde-Complete @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Unaware
Relaxed Nature
- Shore Up
- Will-O-Wisp / Defog
- Spectral Thief / Core Enforcer
- U-turn / Anchor Shot

Deoxys-Speed is very mediocre, despite popular belief (in the low ladder). The combination of bad 50/95/95 defenses and 95/95 offenses means that it is extremely passive, prone to being set up on. Additionally, having Magic Bounce and hazards means that Imposter can easily switch in on you to bounce your own hazards. For a better hazard setter, use a more bulky mon. I thought of Audino-Mega here to imposterproof the Aerilate Rayquaza-Mega; as for the Shell Smash Rayquaza, I'd use Slowbro-Mega instead.

Here is the sets I would use (choose one based on Rayquaza-Mega):
Audino-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off / Moonblast / Anchor Shot
- U-turn / Parting Shot
- Shore Up
- Spectral Thief

Relaxed Nature
- Scald / Anchor Shot
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up
- Parting Shot

Anchor Shot + Parting Shot makes sure that you trap Imposter so it cannot pivot out. Soundproof protects against Boomburst.

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Icium Z
NaivebhNature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- V-create
- Ice Hammer

Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Acrobatics
- Precipice Blades
- Sunsteel Strike

Sassy Nature
- Defog
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up
- U-turn

Modest Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Quiver Dance
- Spore

Relaxed Nature
- Shore Up
- Will-O-Wisp
- Spectral Thief
- U-turn

Relaxed Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up
- Parting Shot

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Icium Z
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- V-create
- Ice Hammer

Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Core Enforcer
- Secret Sword
- Moongeist Beam

Sassy Nature
- Defog
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up
- U-turn

Modest Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Quiver Dance
- Spore

Relaxed Nature
- Shore Up
- Will-O-Wisp
- Spectral Thief
- U-turn

Sassy Nature
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Shore Up
- Spectral Thief

Last edited:
+3 252 SpA Tapu Koko Draining Kiss vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Rayquaza-Mega: 260-308 (62.8 - 74.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Interesting team, but there are a few kinks to work out, mainly that you are incredibly Imposter and Poison Heal weak.

Blaziken-Mega's main problem is that it's mainly outclassed by Mewtwo-Mega-X. While it does have STAB on V-Create, it also has 30 less base speed, which causes it to be outsped by the likes of Rayquaza-Mega, Diancie-Mega, and Mewtwo-Mega-X; additionally, Mewtwo-Mega-X has STAB Photon Geyser to break through Unaware, and STAB Psycho Boost to beat common Fur Coat or otherwise physically bulky mons. Blaziken-Mega could try Overheat, but most Fur Coat mons are resistant to it (e.g. Zygarde-Complete, which you are currently using right now).

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Icium Z
Naive / Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- V-create
- Ice Hammer
Icium Z allows it to 100% OHKO Zygarde-Complete unboosted (and at +2 when Fur Coat), as well as OHKO Giratina at +1.

Rayquaza-Mega's set is fairly questionable. Simple Shell Smash is easily beat by Unaware if you don't have any ability-ignoring moves. Sky Attack is pretty much outclassed by Acrobatics - while it does do 30 BP more, it requires a charge, which can be played around with by Protect clones or just KOing the fug while it's charging.

Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Acrobatics
- Sunsteel Strike

Precipice Blades does more damage, although it does have some miss rate. Thousand Arrows does 10 BP less but can hit Flying types. I chose Unburden to help against Imposter, since Imposter does not copy Unburden's 2x speed.

I generally dislike one-time-use sets like these, so here is another more standard set that works well:
Timid / Naive Nature
- Boomburst
- Core Enforcer
- Moongeist Beam
Choice Specs Boomburst with Aerilate has almost no switchins, save for bulky Steel types and Tyranitar-Mega; the rest is just coverage.

Aegislash's set is really weird to me. It has no recovery, no STAB, and is vulnerable to Spore. I would rather make it a defensive wall to imposterproof your sweepers.

Sassy Nature
- Entrainment / Defog
- Shore Up
- U-turn / Anchor Shot

Flash Fire imposterproofs Blaziken/Mewtwo-Mega-X. Entrainment pressures Poison Healers, Defoggers control hazards (which you have none at the moment other than Deoxys-Speed, which is a shaky one), while Spectral Thief and Topsy-Turvy negate the boosts that the PH users try to get. Anchor Shot prevents them from escaping though you could use U-Turn for better momentum.

Kyogre-Primal is not exactly very self-explanatory. I'm not very sure why you have Fighting Judgement - it still doesn't beat Normalize Gengar-Mega or Imposter. Additionally, Aeroblast doesn't seem to hit anything useful other than Mewtwo-Mega-X; Steam Eruption does more damage anyway.

Modest Nature
- Moonblast / Freeze-Dry
- Quiver Dance

Poison Heal Kyogre-Primal is really nice as it gives itself immunity to status, semi-reliable recovery, and imposterproofing. Scald is used for its large PP, though you could use other Water moves for more power. Moonblast hits Fighting and Dragon types that doesn't get walled by Water types, though you could use Freeze-Dry to have a better matchup against Imposter. The last moveslot is your choice, really.

Fur Coat is nice for Zygarde-Complete, but I think that Unaware is a better choice here, as you have nothing against special setup sweepers. Wish + Protect is okay, but I would rather use Shore Up to free up a moveslot for more utility. If you want it, though, I'd suggest Spiky Shield or Baneful Bunker over Protect since it beats Sturdy Shedinja. I question the viability of Toxic, since it doesn't affect many sets (Magic Bounce, Magic Guard, Misty Surge, Comatose, Poison Heal, Poison types, Steel types). I would go with Will-o-Wisp to cripple physical attackers, Spectral Thief to steal boosts, or Core Enforcer to pressure Poison Heal users. Thousand Arrows may sound ideal, but in reality, it fails to 2HKO any Steel-types:

252 Atk Zygarde-Complete Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Registeel: 134-158 (36.8 - 43.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Zygarde-Complete Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Ferrothorn: 81-96 (23 - 27.2%) -- 51.2% chance to 4HKO
252 Atk Zygarde-Complete Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 168-198 (42.2 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Zygarde-Complete Thousand Arrows vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Celesteela: 87-103 (21.9 - 25.9%) -- 3.8% chance to 4HKO
252 Atk Zygarde-Complete Thousand Arrows vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Celesteela: 174-206 (43.8 - 51.8%) -- 11.3% chance to 2HKO

Relaxed Nature
- Shore Up
- Will-O-Wisp / Defog
- U-turn / Anchor Shot

Deoxys-Speed is very mediocre, despite popular belief (in the low ladder). The combination of bad 50/95/95 defenses and 95/95 offenses means that it is extremely passive, prone to being set up on. Additionally, having Magic Bounce and hazards means that Imposter can easily switch in on you to bounce your own hazards. For a better hazard setter, use a more bulky mon. I thought of Audino-Mega here to imposterproof the Aerilate Rayquaza-Mega; as for the Shell Smash Rayquaza, I'd use Slowbro-Mega instead.

Sassy Nature
- U-turn / Parting Shot
- Shore Up
- Spectral Thief

Relaxed Nature
- Scald / Anchor Shot
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up
- Parting Shot

Anchor Shot + Parting Shot makes sure that you trap Imposter so it cannot pivot out. Soundproof protects against Boomburst.

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Icium Z
NaivebhNature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- V-create
- Ice Hammer

Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Acrobatics
- Precipice Blades
- Sunsteel Strike

Sassy Nature
- Defog
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up
- U-turn

Modest Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Quiver Dance
- Spore

Relaxed Nature
- Shore Up
- Will-O-Wisp
- Spectral Thief
- U-turn

Relaxed Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up
- Parting Shot

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Icium Z
NaivebhNature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- V-create
- Ice Hammer

Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Core Enforcer
- Secret Sword
- Moongeist Beam

Sassy Nature
- Defog
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up
- U-turn

Modest Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Quiver Dance
- Spore

Relaxed Nature
- Shore Up
- Will-O-Wisp
- Spectral Thief
- U-turn

Sassy Nature
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Shore Up
- Spectral Thief
I didn't consider things like Imposter because the bot rarely uses things like that and when it does it's not well used and I just break it.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Icium Z
Naive / Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- V-create
- Ice Hammer

Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Acrobatics
- Sunsteel Strike

Timid / Naive Nature
- Boomburst
- Core Enforcer
- Moongeist Beam

Sassy Nature
- Entrainment / Defog
- Shore Up
- U-turn / Anchor Shot

Modest Nature
- Moonblast / Freeze-Dry
- Quiver Dance

Relaxed Nature
- Shore Up
- Will-O-Wisp / Defog
- U-turn / Anchor Shot

Sassy Nature
- U-turn / Parting Shot
- Shore Up
- Spectral Thief

Relaxed Nature
- Scald / Anchor Shot
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up
- Parting Shot

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Icium Z
NaivebhNature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- V-create
- Ice Hammer

Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Acrobatics
- Precipice Blades
- Sunsteel Strike

Sassy Nature
- Defog
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up
- U-turn

Modest Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Quiver Dance
- Spore

Relaxed Nature
- Shore Up
- Will-O-Wisp
- Spectral Thief
- U-turn

Relaxed Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up
- Parting Shot

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Icium Z
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- V-create
- Ice Hammer

Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Core Enforcer
- Secret Sword
- Moongeist Beam

Sassy Nature
- Defog
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up
- U-turn

Modest Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Quiver Dance
- Spore

Relaxed Nature
- Shore Up
- Will-O-Wisp
- Spectral Thief
- U-turn

Sassy Nature
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Shore Up
- Spectral Thief
I actually really like that Slowbro set, but feel like it warrants Perish Song, and Imprison may be a better move than Parting Shot to force Imposter to self-KO and block the metagame’s most common recovery move, which works well with something that uses U-turn like Mega Audino (after Baneful Bunker)... plus the last thing you want is for Imposter to hax a Scald Burn... Anchor Shot, Perish Song, Shore Up, Imprison/Baneful Bunker seem like they might better compliment each other.

That makes me think of another good trap set: Something fast with Bad Dreams and Safety Goggles (or if Mega-Sceptile then Leftovers).
Substitute, Leech Seed, Spore, Infestation-

Trap a foe, Sleep them, Substitute, Leech Seed.
Turn 1: 12.5% Infestation damage
Turn 2: 25% Infestation & Bad Dreams damage
Turn 3: 25% Infestation & Bad Dreams damage
Turn 4: 37.5% Infestation, Bad Dreams, & Leech Seed damage
Total is 100% damage, anything else is carried into turn 5.

Last edited:
That makes me think of another good trap set: Something fast with Bad Dreams and Safety Goggles (or if Mega-Sceptile then Leftovers).
Substitute, Leech Seed, Spore, Infestation-

Trap a foe, Sleep them, Substitute, Leech Seed.
Turn 1: 12.5% Infestation damage
Turn 2: 25% Infestation & Bad Dreams damage
Turn 3: 25% Infestation & Bad Dreams damage
Turn 4: 37.5% Infestation, Bad Dreams, & Leech Seed damage
Total is 100% damage, anything else is carried into turn 5.
This could work on LL but your set assumes the following-
1. You get a 3 turn sleep every time, and
2. The OP doesn’t click something like leech seed instead of spore and outspeed.
If either of these happen, and you don’t get the KO turn 4, the foe will be crippled, but possibly be able to switch out. Also, Imposter doesn’t work with Mega Sceptile, as it’s grass and thus immune. This does want me to experiment with Bad Dreams tho

This could work on LL but your set assumes the following-
1. You get a 3 turn sleep every time, and
2. The OP doesn’t click something like leech seed instead of spore and outspeed.
If either of these happen, and you don’t get the KO turn 4, the foe will be crippled, but possibly be able to switch out. Also, Imposter doesn’t work with Mega Sceptile, as it’s grass and thus immune. This does want me to experiment with Bad Dreams tho
Couldn't you run Anchor Shot instead of substitute to keep them trapped in?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)