BH Balanced Hackmons

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Another question here, are there any abilities that prevent the loss of stat boosts?
EDIT: If there isn't an ability, are there any other strats that can have this effect and still be viable?
Sniper works with Critical Hits which ignore negative offensive reductions so for example, having a Scope Lens and Focus Energy is effectively x2.5 Damage, and Merciless can be combined Poison to secure Critical Hits for 1.5x Damage.

Critical hits also bypass opposing Defensive boosts. So if you switch into a Poison Heal Kyogre-Primal and Critical hit it bc you have Merciless, as its already Poisoned, your Fleur Cannons, Psycho Boosts, Draco Meteors, etc. will always deal 1.5x Damage, which is nice, while also bypassing their Quiver Dance boosts.

It ignores your -Atk, -SpA and ignores their +Def and +SpD due to the way Critical Hits work.

Sniper works with Critical Hits which ignore negative offensive reductions so for example, having a Scope Lens and Focus Energy is effectively x2.5 Damage, and Merciless can be combined Poison to secure Critical Hits for 1.5x Damage.

Critical hits also bypass opposing Defensive boosts. So if you switch into a Poison Heal Kyogre-Primal and Critical hit it bc you have Merciless, as its already Poisoned, your Fleur Cannons, Psycho Boosts, Draco Meteors, etc. will always deal 1.5x Damage, which is nice, while also bypassing their Quiver Dance boosts.

It ignores your -Atk, -SpA and ignores their +Def and +SpD due to the way Critical Hits work.
Sorry, but that isn't what I meant, what I mean is that if I have stat boosts, how can I keep my opponent from either haze/topsyturvy to remove them or stealing them with Spectral Thief

MAMP

MAMP!
Sorry, but that isn't what I meant, what I mean is that if I have stat boosts, how can I keep my opponent from either haze/topsyturvy to remove them or stealing them with Spectral Thief
there's no ability that does this, but there are ways around these things. normal types are immune to spectral and will not have their boosts stolen, and you can beat haze and topsy with taunt or encore.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
there's no ability that does this, but there are ways around these things. normal types are immune to spectral and will not have their boosts stolen, and you can beat haze and topsy with taunt or encore.
Does Magic Bounce block Topsy-Turvey? Also if they have Prankster then Dark Types and Dazzling works to block Topsy Turvey.

As for Haze the only other option is Imprison + Haze, besides Taunt / Encore as you mentioned.

I think the bigger dodge is considering Priority.

If someone has Haze but you are an -Ate User, Triage User, or other Priority User, you can go before Prankster Destiny Bond and Haze does.

Regardless, MAMP covered the common workarounds, this post is just for specific scenarios.

Last edited:

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
Ok, thanks. And what about Imposter Chansey? Is there a good way to counter that?
Substitute actually stops Imposter completely, and Chansey'll stay in it's regular form, but apart from that, running a chansey bait (Example: Tail glow/Triage rayquaza), and then having a mon that can deal with it, (Spectral Thief/Ice beam/Dazzling Deoxys-Speed for me).

Yes please, they also include at least 1 team with a mon using something banned (One has a contrary Sceptile). They badly need updating not just for the current meta, but also for bans.

update samples? there are only BO and stall teams no ho's...
Yeah unfortunately the only HO (or at least O) just got banned. We were waiting for the result of the suspect before we updated it, but there should be an update soon (hopefully).
Ok, thanks. And what about Imposter Chansey? Is there a good way to counter that?
Usually for this you have another pokemon to switch to in order counter whatever they Impostered and this will depend on the pokemon you have, or some pokemon such as Poison Heal users can beat imposter 1v1 as long as you have good HP left. Other options include Judgment users such as Mega Gengar or trapping such as Anchor Shot and Thousand waves which let you trap imposter and pp stall them to death (as long as the moves you have can't kill you before that happens. On stall teams you want to punish Imposter every time it switches in, for example with Knock Off or status moves, in order to more slowly wear it down and not let it heal up for free too much on regen pokemon etc.
On more offensive teams they tend to rely on chipping away imposter's HP by not letting them heal up or switch in safely, and having lots of sash users or even letting a pokemon die and having the next one lined up who can take advantage of it by setting up etc. There are also some more niche options like soundproof pokemon (as seen in the sceptile sample which is now illegal).

Edit: also SmartTJ if you think of a new thing to say but you were the last person to post you should edit it into the previous post to avoid spam, it's not a huge deal just something to remember, and try to limit posts that are too short. Again it's fine in moderation but many short questions can be answered in the PS! OM Room or the discord where it is easier to get a quick response.

Yeah unfortunately the only HO (or at least O) just got banned. We were waiting for the result of the suspect before we updated it, but there should be an update soon (hopefully).

Usually for this you have another pokemon to switch to in order counter whatever they Impostered and this will depend on the pokemon you have, or some pokemon such as Poison Heal users can beat imposter 1v1 as long as you have good HP left. Other options include Judgment users such as Mega Gengar or trapping such as Anchor Shot and Thousand waves which let you trap imposter and pp stall them to death (as long as the moves you have can't kill you before that happens. On stall teams you want to punish Imposter every time it switches in, for example with Knock Off or status moves, in order to more slowly wear it down and not let it heal up for free too much on regen pokemon etc.
On more offensive teams they tend to rely on chipping away imposter's HP by not letting them heal up or switch in safely, and having lots of sash users or even letting a pokemon die and having the next one lined up who can take advantage of it by setting up etc. There are also some more niche options like soundproof pokemon (as seen in the sceptile sample which is now illegal).

Edit: also SmartTJ if you think of a new thing to say but you were the last person to post you should edit it into the previous post to avoid spam, it's not a huge deal just something to remember, and try to limit posts that are too short. Again it's fine in moderation but many short questions can be answered in the PS! OM Room or the discord where it is easier to get a quick response.
hey man i just need a team to fuck up GL volkner with

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
One option not mentioned is Imprison for Imposter in general. Don’t use Imprison on a physical or mixed Sweeper because Struggle (the only thing Imposter can use), gets boosted by +Atk. So for example, I used to post a Base Gyarados with Simple and the moves Imprison, Shell Smash, Power Trip, Haze that would Mega Evolve into Dark Typing and gain Mold Breaker and have STAB on Power Trip, while it’s Dark Typing blocked Prankster Topsy Turvey, and Heart Swap, while Imprison blocked Prankster Haze and disarmed all of Imposter’s moves.

Unfortunately, Struggle gains the +4 Attack boost and can KO my Gyarados, even though the Base power is 50, partially due to Shell Smash lowering my own Defenses by -2.

Point is, use Imprison on a Defensive Pokemon or a Special Attacker with 0 Atk IVs, and EVs, and a -Atk nature. For example: Dazzling / Simple MMY with Imprison, Tail Glow, Haze, Filler

To stop Imposter for physical Attackers you can also outspeed Imposter with Unburden (doubles your Speed if an item is consumed) as your item is consumed if you have Belly Drum and Sitrus Berry, while their speed is stagnant since they cannot consume Scarf or Eviolite.

Other work around include Poison Heal Regigigas / Slaking not only benefit from Toxic Orb while Imposter cannot Heal since they are not Poisoned, but Facade also gets doubled to 140 Base power on status inflicted Pokémon. So you deal double damage and heal each turn while Imposter doesn’t heal and doesn’t hurt that much. Also Knock Off allows you to punish Imposter by removing their item, while Toxic Orb is already activated so it won’t hurt you to lose your item. Similar sets with Guts and Flame Orb on Fast Pokémon, or Flame Orb and Flare Boost work.

Another common tactic is using Spore or Lovely Kiss, while you are immune via Safety Goggles, Poison Heal, or Burn (+ Magic Guard). However, be aware that the Sleep Clause can mean they switch out Imposter and let you sleep another teammate and then switch Imposter back in.

Last edited:
Multi-Attack and Techno Blast are also Judgement-like options that work against Imposter.

Most run max happiness by default, so Frustration works very well against them. This is only viable on some more niche -ate sets. And debatably useful on Slaking/Gigas.

Quick Feet is another speed-boosting option to overcome Imposter, provided you're careful about, or don't use, status moves other than Sleep. For example, Mega-Ray can run Quick Feet, tweak its Sp.D EVs a little, and OHKO all Imposters with a Tail Glowed Ice Beam. Tail Wind also works but that is suuuuper niche.

Some really frail mons, particularly Deo-A, that can't take a hit anyway can minimize their Def/SpD investment as much as possible so that Imposter takes massive damage whenever it gets hit.

Imposter cannot Imposter a transformed Pokemon. Not super useful a lot, but worth noting!

Imposter does not copy Focus Energy, such a crit spam fairs well against it, especially when running moves like Draco Meteor so the Imposter's damage grows less and less while the original Pokemon deals steady damage. There aren't any currently meta crit spam sets though, so good luck!

They're rare, but be aware of offensive Imposters, like Light Ball Pikachu, who can break some otherwise Imposter-resistant strategies as long as they have their item. These are much easier to KO, fortunately. These teams will often run a lot paralysis, or even Tail Wind, to get a speed advantage, so be ready!

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Multi-Attack and Techno Blast are also Judgement-like options that work against Imposter.

Most run max happiness by default, so Frustration works very well against them. This is only viable on some more niche -ate sets. And debatably useful on Slaking/Gigas.

Quick Feet is another speed-boosting option to overcome Imposter, provided you're careful about, or don't use, status moves other than Sleep. For example, Mega-Ray can run Quick Feet, tweak its Sp.D EVs a little, and OHKO all Imposters with a Tail Glowed Ice Beam. Tail Wind also works but that is suuuuper niche.

Some really frail mons, particularly Deo-A, that can't take a hit anyway can minimize their Def/SpD investment as much as possible so that Imposter takes massive damage whenever it gets hit.

Imposter cannot Imposter a transformed Pokemon. Not super useful a lot, but worth noting!

Imposter does not copy Focus Energy, such a crit spam fairs well against it, especially when running moves like Draco Meteor so the Imposter's damage grows less and less while the original Pokemon deals steady damage. There aren't any currently meta crit spam sets though, so good luck!

They're rare, but be aware of offensive Imposters, like Light Ball Pikachu, who can break some otherwise Imposter-resistant strategies as long as they have their item. These are much easier to KO, fortunately. These teams will often run a lot paralysis, or even Tail Wind, to get a speed advantage, so be ready!
Quick Feet is Speed Tied with Imposter Scarf though, since it only does 1.5x which is just like Scarf.

A way to also stop Imposter is to lower Defense IVs on a Ghost or Psychic Pokemon, and switch to a Choice Band Tough Claws or Adaptability Pursuit User, like Tyranitar-Mega.

So for example having a Dazzling Judgment (Pixie Plate), Photon Geyser, Blue Flare and Tail Glow MMY means that all of your attacks are resisted by Tyranitar-Mega since it doesn’t have the Fairy move your MMY has, and with 0 Def IVs/EVs and -Def nature, while immune to Priority moves in Dazzling means you aren’t any weaker to anything Imposter has (only special moves) and any -ate moves, but have effectively made it easier for Pursuit Tyranitar-Mega to come in and deal heavy damage on their Imposter switch out.

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Tyranitar-Mega Pursuit vs. 252 HP / 0- Def Eviolite Chansey: 828-976 (117.6 - 138.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Rumors I believe that the focus energy effect is actually copied by Imposter. That inaccuracy was fixed several months ago. I could be wrong though. It's the reason why I haven't tried the sniper +focus energy MMY set that is out there and also probably why it's not on the setpedia because it's actually a pretty good improof set otherwise.

Hi, since Ttar and strong pursuit mons overall are getting a bit more common now I thought I'd just point out that there actually is viable counterplay against pursuit for your defensive mons since you can just replace your pivot slot (prob uturn rn) with baton pass and be safe most of the time.

For one Gira is actually super fast in defensive mon standard so if you pack 200 speed EVs you outpace Jolly Ttar, Adamant Gyarados and Adamant Hoopa which covers most threatening things you'll face, and you can Bp out of here and dodge pursuit.

Aegislash's best set is Prankster (and it's a good prankster at that) so here too you can replace your uturn slot with Baton Pass and Dodge all of them Pursuit + MMY or Fridge MMX cores and whatnot.

Flash Fire Aegislash can also get past this with a Colbur. If you anticipate pursuit, stay in a wisp the Ttar or whatnot. Then the next time you can stay in a recover to scout what move they go for and act appropriately (you take a max net 10% from koff).

Baton pass isn't suboptimal on either of these mons because neither of them particular miss slow pivot. Giratina outspeed ever defensive mon and underspeeds every offensive mon anyway. This also means it outspeeds other Giratina to potentially hit the 2HKO with Core, and it now outspeeds -1 Blaziken meaning it can dodge the 2HKO.
Aegislash is in a similar spot where it was also kinda too fast, it does miss the pivot on opposing Zygs and Giratina but bp also pairs well with Spectral thief and Prank bp still does the usual predicting switches, guarding against doubles, momentum on scarf imposter and whatnot that it normally does (ff doesn't lose anything).

This is my preferred Prankster Set:

Judo boy (Aegislash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Heal Order
- Spectral Thief
- Haze
- Baton Pass

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Hi, since Ttar and strong pursuit mons overall are getting a bit more common now I thought I'd just point out that there actually is viable counterplay against pursuit for your defensive mons since you can just replace your pivot slot (prob uturn rn) with baton pass and be safe most of the time.

For one Gira is actually super fast in defensive mon standard so if you pack 200 speed EVs you outpace Jolly Ttar, Adamant Gyarados and Adamant Hoopa which covers most threatening things you'll face, and you can Bp out of here and dodge pursuit.

Aegislash's best set is Prankster (and it's a good prankster at that) so here too you can replace your uturn slot with Baton Pass and Dodge all of them Pursuit + MMY or Fridge MMX cores and whatnot.

Flash Fire Aegislash can also get past this with a Colbur. If you anticipate pursuit, stay in a wisp the Ttar or whatnot. Then the next time you can stay in a recover to scout what move they go for and act appropriately (you take a max net 10% from koff).

Baton pass isn't suboptimal on either of these mons because neither of them particular miss slow pivot. Giratina outspeed ever defensive mon and underspeeds every offensive mon anyway. This also means it outspeeds other Giratina to potentially hit the 2HKO with Core, and it now outspeeds -1 Blaziken meaning it can dodge the 2HKO.
Aegislash is in a similar spot where it was also kinda too fast, it does miss the pivot on opposing Zygs and Giratina but bp also pairs well with Spectral thief and Prank bp still does the usual predicting switches, guarding against doubles, momentum on scarf imposter and whatnot that it normally does (ff doesn't lose anything).

This is my preferred Prankster Set:

Judo boy (Aegislash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Heal Order
- Spectral Thief
- Haze
- Baton Pass
One other benefit is it doesn’t attract Sucker Punch like U-Turn, and Prankster Parting Shot backfires on Magic Bounce, Soundproof, Dark-Types, and Dazzling.

I really enjoy how you appreciate what Aegislash can do, and ensured it doesn’t really lose anything from Baton Pass, and you can Prankster Baton Pass if Imposter comes in to switch to a Normal-type to maintain the boosts against Spectral Thief.

Another positive about your set is the speed tier you placed it under. It’s great seeing how well thought out the specifics are.

urielll llliendo12345 Aside from what Willdbeast said...

Seems like you're struggling with set-up and hazards off-hand. I can't see all your moves and abilities right now, so dunno if you have those answered.

For set-up, the most popular ways to deal with it is Spectral Thief, usually pro-actively on anything that looks set-up-y if you don't have Unaware or a really strong wall, or Prankster Haze. Other options exist, like Topsy-Turvy (not Prankster!) or Whirlwind/Circle Throw/Dragon Tail if you think they'll benefit your team more. If you opt for shuffling though, you'll want hazards to add some nice chip damage to it. All the methods have their pros and cons. EG: Spectral doesn't work on Normals and you gotta take a hit usually if they get a boost. Haze is passive and they can just attack or boost again on the turn you use it. Etc.

For hazards, Defog or Rapid Spin somewhere. If you're running anything Stealth Rock weak, aka like Kyu-B, you'll want hazard support. You can get away without it but, as you witnessed in your own reply, it nearly costed you.

I saw Zygarde using Toxic. This isn't too bad, but it's best used on someone who's not worried about a bounce back unless you have a cleric. EG: Someone with Poison Heal or Comatose or a Poison or Steel type. Since a Toxiced Pokemon needs to stay in 4 turns for it to be stronger than normal Poison, and the pivoting nature of BH means that doesn't happen often, you can also consider Toxic Thread, which lowers the targets speed and makes the offensive mons easier to check, or Toxic Spikes, which don't have immediate oomph but can spread Poison around nicely, especially if their spinner/defogger is susceptible, but you'll want no other status on your team to make full use. You might also consider switching to Nuzzle since Zygarde would be immune to the Imposters.

MMY using Magic Bounce is... not bad but not great. There are some potentially neat ways to leverage it, such as switching into (non-Moldy) hazards to bounce them back and instantly pressure with direct damage, but you'll want your team built around leveraging that since, otherwise, you'd be better off with more offensive abilities like Sheer Force and Adaptability.

Imposter Primaldon seemed to be giving you trouble, so you might want to look into Improofing it better. Did Zygarde have any recovery moves?

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Kyurem-Black Adamant
I feel like Dragon Hammer coverage is redundant with Extreme Speed and would suggest Bolt Strike. Ironically, it has 130 Base Power without STAB, so it is only slightly weaker than Dragon Hammer at 135 Base Power with STAB.

Bolt Strike handles the following- Kyogre, Gyarados, Ho-Oh, and has good neutral coverage against things resistant to your other attacks.

Replace Earthquake with Precipice Blades for more damage, and I also think you could put Sunsteel Strike over Fake-Out, as it is the slowest Fake-Out user and will be outspeed by Triage Rayquaza-Mega, and Fake-Out Diancie-Mega anyways.

Sunsteel let’s it hit Audino-Mega, Xerneas (and Diancie-Mega on a switch in), as well as Shedinja, Fur Coat users like Chansey, and others.

Using Expert Belt would be useful so you can bluff Icicle Plate, and allows you to boost all of your attacks without taking recoil damage. Since Sleep Clause is in effect, Safety Goggles is less necessary.

Groudon-P Adamant
Not a suggestion, just a consideration:
Maybe Electric Surge on Groudon-P to justify the changes on Kyurem-B. It boots Bolt Strike, blocks Sleep, and also gives Groudon-P a stronger move if it wants to use Bolt Strike over Sunsteel. Zygarde-Complete Improofs Groudon.
————
I would give Unaware Zygarde- Complete a Sassy Nature
Defog over Sunsteel Strike, and Core Enforcer over Crab Hammer. Nuzzle over Toxic so Imposter cannot paralyze it.

Please lower all Speed EVs/IVs and use a -Spe Nature on Zygarde-C, as well as Dialga, Slowbro, and Shedinja.

Dialga Sassy nature

Replace Nuzzle with Rapid Spin.
Replace Moongeist Beam with U-Turn so you can now slow pivot to a teammate and heal thru RegenVest. This allows you switch last which pays off for sending in something safely or scouting a switch from your opponent who likely will go first.
—————
Replace Mewtwo-Mega-Y with Fur Coat Cresselia or Volt Absorb Slowbro-Mega @ Leftovers:

Scald, Anchor Shot, Roost, Core Enforcer = Slowbro

to Imposterproof Kyurem-Black, Groudon, Check MMX, and tank some Sheer Force MMY. Use min speed like I advised above.

Replace Arceus with Shedinja which can Imposterproof the foe against Groudon, and lose a threat to the foe.
Give it Stealth Rocks, U-Turn, Endeavor, Extreme Speed. +Atk, -Spe Nature

Last edited:
Kyurem-Black Adamant
I feel like Dragon Hammer coverage is redundant with Extreme Speed and would suggest Bolt Strike. Ironically, it has 130 Base Power without STAB, so it is only slightly weaker than Dragon Hammer at 135 Base Power with STAB.

Bolt Strike handles the following- Kyogre, Gyarados, Ho-Oh, and has good neutral coverage against things resistant to your other attacks.

Replace Earthquake with Precipice Blades for more damage, and I also think you could put Sunsteel Strike over Fake-Out, as it is the slowest Fake-Out user and will be outspeed by Triage Rayquaza-Mega, and Fake-Out Diancie-Mega anyways.

Sunsteel let’s it hit Audino-Mega, Xerneas (and Diancie-Mega on a switch in), as well as Shedinja, Fur Coat users like Chansey, and others.

Using Expert Belt would be useful so you can bluff Icicle Plate, and allows you to boost all of your attacks without taking recoil damage. Since Sleep Clause is in effect, Safety Goggles is less necessary.

Groudon-P Adamant
Not a suggestion, just a consideration:
Maybe Electric Surge on Groudon-P to justify the changes on Kyurem-B. It boots Bolt Strike, blocks Sleep, and also gives Groudon-P a stronger move if it wants to use Bolt Strike over Sunsteel. Zygarde-Complete Improofs Groudon.
————
I would give Unaware Zygarde- Complete a Sassy Nature
Defog over Sunsteel Strike, and Core Enforcer over Crab Hammer. Nuzzle over Toxic so Imposter cannot paralyze it.

Please lower all Speed EVs/IVs and use a -Spe Nature on Zygarde-C, as well as Dialga, Slowbro, and Shedinja.

Dialga Sassy nature

Replace Nuzzle with Rapid Spin.
Replace Moongeist Beam with U-Turn so you can now slow pivot to a teammate and heal thru RegenVest. This allows you switch last which pays off for sending in something safely or scouting a switch from your opponent who likely will go first.
—————
Replace Mewtwo-Mega-Y with Fur Coat Cresselia or Volt Absorb Slowbro-Mega @ Leftovers:

Scald, Anchor Shot, Roost, Core Enforcer = Slowbro

to Imposterproof Kyurem-Black, Groudon, Check MMX, and tank some Sheer Force MMY. Use min speed like I advised above.

Replace Arceus with Shedinja which can Imposterproof the foe against Groudon, and lose a threat to the foe.
Give it Stealth Rocks, U-Turn, Endeavor, Extreme Speed. +Atk, -Spe Nature
thanksss i will try this now, if anyone else got any other tips im all ears

- Priority: This'll be able to hit you before you load up your move, be it by just a priority move, Prankster, Or Triage.
- Negative Priority: Moves like Dragon Tail, Roar, etc, also apply, being able to hit you once you come out of your invincible state.
- Slower Pokemon: This one is unlikely, but pokemon made for a trick room strat could beat you without a trick room, since they would be slower than you, making them able to hit you once your invulnerability ends.
-Toxic from poison types: Apparently this is one? IDK if it's true.
-Earthquake on Dig
I might've forgotten a few counters, but these are the main ones.
(EDIT: Sturdinja)
you probably want to add poison heal on there, or recovery. also someone can switch into a resist/immunity of choice and pp stall

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)