Base Stats of New Pokemon

There are just too many base +125 stats in all of these Pokemon for me to whole-heartedly believe this. If this is indeed confirmed, none of the other Pokemon from past generations will stand a chance.
Anyone notice that most pokemon in GEN 5 are mean and "dark-ish" therefore has high offensive stats.

I'm extremely disappointed by the starters... but this guy:

#566Aaken (Lv. 37 -->)
#567Aakeosu
Rock/Flying
"Weak-kneed"
HP: 75
Atk: 140
Def: 65
SpA: 112
SpD: 65
Spe: 110

OH GOD YES!!! Aerodactyl on steroids, a lot of steroids. 567 BST if those are correct, would be the highest of all non legendary/pseudo legendary so far, even higher than Arcanine. But what is that ability, I don't see it on serebii.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Yeah, but there are like, +10 Pokemon with a base 140 Attack or SpA stat up there that aren't legendary. How many do we have of those? Slaking and Rampardos, and maybe Azumarill and Medicham. I can understand base 130 anything, but base 140 is kind of pushing it if it isn't a defense stat.

#522Shimama (Lv. 27 -->)
#523Zeburaika
Electric
Lightningrod/Motor Drive
Atk: 100
Def: 63
SpA: 80
SpD: 63
Spe: 116

And you thought Electivire didn't have much power. This guy makes me cringe.
To be fair, we don't know its move pool, and its base speed means that Motor Drive isn't required. I'm hopeful for Dragon Dance, and Volt Tackle. :naughty:

Don't hope for Vote Tackle.

It's the series' mascots' signature move, and they won't give it away.

...or would they?

-Janobii: Faster Meganium with worse Defensive stats and poor attacking ability with no secondary type to compensate.
-Enbuoo: High HP but frailer than Blaziken, Slower than Blaziken, and lowest SpA of all Fire Starters. Instant NU.
-Daikenki: Pure, Boring Water Type. Doesn't do anything that Swampert or Empoleon can do better.

Instead of one Derpderp, we get three Derps.

imo too many glass coannons...

and why should ononokoosu Be broken? 97 Base Speed sucks ,any Salamence or chomp >IT

imo too many glass coannons...

and why should ononokoosu Be broken? 97 Base Speed sucks ,any Salamence or chomp >IT
Do you know why Garchomp was broken? Yache Berry was a large part of that. Haban Berry could be a large part of his strategy as well... if they even have the type-resisting berries anymore.

the rotom form change seems decent. now atleast we can say we got new type combination's... ( electric/grass) <- finally

dragon dance or choic scarf fix speed. Base 140 attack is insane, combined with the probable giant move pool dragons get.

147 Base Attack + Dragon Dance + Mold Breaker = Rape.

both mean the same..but hey comon its not like that we raraly have seen ScarfChomp or Mence as Checks in DP...and Ononokosus Defensive Stats are also not that impressive that he can easily be switch in... ok 140 Base Attack is a point but any
Scarfer , specially dragon>It and he is imo too fragile to set up a + 2 Dragon Dance without getting hurt..

he is good but even not so good as chomp if chomp would play in OU without Restrictions. (so also + sandsturm ability)

There are just too many base +125 stats in all of these Pokemon for me to whole-heartedly believe this. If this is indeed confirmed, none of the other Pokemon from past generations will stand a chance.
Serebii confirmed these stats. They're real.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
#500 Emboar

110 123 65 100 65 65
Isn't that just Blaziken with higher HP?
I'm kinda sad that I promised to start with Tsujarta, what crappy attacking stats. I don't need another defensive starter (Screw you Meganium)! We need more kick-ass grass starters like Sceptile. Oh well...

#637Urugamosu
Bug/Fire
Flame Body
HP: 85
Atk: 60
Def: 65
SpA: 135
SpD: 105
Spe: 100

This guy seems pretty good except Stealth Rock.

#497 - Jarooda
Grass
Overgrow
Atk: 75
Def: 95
SpA: 75
SpD: 95
Spe: 113

If this gets Growth and a decent recovery move, I see potential.

All of the Starters seem lame. Smugleaf is trying to do too much at once, Wotter's is a bit slow but might be a viable mixed attacker, and Pignition's is going to be fighting heavily against Infernape, speed vs. survivability. Too bad it has a crappy defensive typing.

Musharna is interesting. Incredibly slow, but bulky and strong. Synchronize is pretty cool, too.

Zeburaika will be cool but overhyped. 75/63/63 defenses aren't that great, you have few resist/immunities and Wild Bolt sounds like it works off Special Attack(Confirm?), which is only 80. Even if Wild Bolt is physical, the rest of the movepool might not be good enough to carry somewhat averagely.

Hahakomori on Sunny Day teams?

Basrao seems interesting...

Hihidaruma will be overrated. I predict it'll be the next Electivire.

Shinboraa is interesting. 72/80/80 defenses are nothing to write home about, but 97 goes past Base 95s and 103 Sp. ATK ain't bad. More importantly, all this and Magic Guard!

Zoroark is vaguely dissapointing. Wish he had just a little more defense...

Chillarmy's evo seems interesting. 75/60/60 defenses aren't that good, but 115 Speed, decent attack and Technician! I hope it gets U-Turn.

Gochiruzeru seems like Gardevoir, but Frisk is nice. I'm definately gonna get one.

Emonga lolz.

Shubarugo seems good to me. 20 base Speed is horrible, but 70/105/105 defenses are good and Base 135 ATK. Also, possibly Bullet Punch, U-Turn, etc.

Mamanbou sucks. 45 Special Defense is too little and it's HP isn't high enough to pull a Blissey. Also weak to a lot of more common Special Moves(coughThunderboltcough)

Burunkeru is interesting with Water Asborb.

Denchura is nothing to write home about, but could it be a good UU? 108 Base Speed is nice and Bug/Electric is a good offensive typing.

Shibirudon, oh man, another Pokemon that I think has no weaknesses. 85/80/80 defenses aren't bad, either. And it has mixed attacking stats. So zetta slow, though...

Shanderaa is kinda scary.

Ononokusu kind of scares me. Not only Dragon Dance + Mold Breaker, but what about Rivalry + Choice Scarf? No setup, similar effect, can also revenge kill. The fact it's PURE Dragon is also nice.

Kojondo seems neat. Does anyone know what Regeneration does?

Kurimugan....is it odd Rough Skin interests me here?

Sazando...is this Ubers? If not, it scares me more than Ononokusu, honestly.

Birijion seems good. 91/72/129 give it good defensive stats, but it also has nice 90/90 attacking stats and 108 Speed. It'll be interesting to see where it goes.

Seems like people are overeacting to me, but then again since the meta isn't out this is unsurprising...

"Geez, this makes me wonder how many pre-Gen V Pokemon will even be worth using anymore. "

Really?

the Dark/dragon's final evo stats are awesome

HP: 92
Atk: 105
Def: 90
SpA: 125
SpD: 90
Spe: 98

seriously this mon will be able to kick ass and take some hits too

and the speed is decent.

#500 Emboar

110 123 65 100 65 65Isn't that just Blaziken with higher HP?
I'm kinda sad that I promised to start with Tsujarta, what crappy attacking stats. I don't need a defensive starter!
Higher HP, slightly higher Attack, and everything else is lower. Blaziken > Pokabu3.

And Tsutaja may actually have some use with Growth in its set. The bulky defenses coupled with its speed could let it easily set up - I wonder what type of movepool it will get.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)