Battle Maison Discussion & Records

Blah, streak ended at 80 in Super Triples because my 3DS is broken in such a way that if it gets hit hard enough (which is not very hard at all), it turns off. And it just had to turn off in the middle of a battle. :/
Video for streak proof: J5AW-WWWW-WWW3-AHXU

Team:

Greninja @ Wise Glasses
6HP/252Sp.Atk/252Spe
Hasty
Torrent
2/3/26/12/2/16
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Scald
- Mat Block

Started out as filler first, then I kept him for Mat Block. Unfortunately due to the way my team is currently set up and the fact he has terrible IVs, he isn't very useful. He can usually take out a pokemon or two before going down. Also contributing to his uselessness is the fact I was not aware Mat Block worked only on the first turn, which is rather bad in my current setup because usually two pokemon won't attack on the first turn. I do like Greninja though, so I will be grabbing a Life Orb and a Protean Greninja with better IVs.

WrathandKhan @ Kangaskhanite
6HP/252Atk/252Spe
Scrappy/Parental Bond
-Fake Out
-Return
-Power Up Punch
-Crunch

One of my best pokemon. Starts out on the middle, usually megaevos on the first turn, unless there's a ghost I don't want attacking involved, and flinches a pokemon I don't want attacking, which is usually a rock or electric type. Return is her usual attack, Crunch if there's a pokemon that's weak to dark, or Power-Up Punch when I think she can KO with it. She isn't too bad at taking hits either, so she lasts for a decent bit. Amelia covers her fighting weakness, so Wrath and Khan can take out things left and right.

Amelia @ Expert Belt
6HP/252Atk/252Spe
Gale Wings
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-Tailwind
-Roost

Starts on right, and just wrecks fighting types that don't have a second type that resists flying. Flare Blitz is her other STAB to attack things that are weak to it or to attack stuff that resists flying. Tailwind is for when I think it's safe to use, as my other pokemon don't mind a speed boost. Roost is kinda fillery, as she rarely has the chance to use it.

Chester @ Leftovers
252HP/252Atk/6Spe
Bulletproof
-Hammer Arm
-Seed Bomb
-Shadow Claw
-Poison Jab

Usually a switchin for Amelia. I usually use Seed Bomb, but if something resists it I go with hammer arm. Shadow Claw and Poison Jab are for coverage, Poison Jab for other grass types and Shadow Claw for ghosts and such. He doesn't really see much other then to counter.

Matt @ Assault Vest
252HP/252SpAtk/6Spe
Gooey
-Dragon Pulse
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-Ice Beam

My other special attacker. He takes special attacks pretty, but attacks not so well. Though his ability does let him poke attackers a bit if they're not too fast. He has pretty decent coverage, and Dragon Pulse for a STAB.

SwordthingII @ Air Balloon
252HP/252Atk/6Def
Stance Change
-Swords Dance
-King's Shield
-Sacred Sword
-Shadow Sneak

Generic Aegislash. King's Shield when I predict an attack or a supereffective attack, swords dance to setup when it's safe, Shadow Sneak when it's supereffective or to finish something off, and Sacred Sword for a general attack. Not much else to him

Might post some videos later.

I lost on battle 48 at Super Triples... I hate loosing at high 40s...

I'll try again with this team and if I dont reach the boss... I will make some changes, like Gyarados for Greninja

Can I ask for help with team building? I'm looking for a solid 3v3 team for the Battle Maison that uses MegaMawile. How does M-Mawile/Gyarados/Garchomp sound? They can cover each other's weaknesses pretty well, and I already have a perfect IV bred Mawile, a few 4 perfect IV spitback Gibles, and a Gyarados from the Friend Safari with 3 perfect IVs. I have full breeding capabilities, so getting perfect IV Pokemon isn't too much of an issue. Sets could (possibly) look like this:
Mawile@Mawilite
Adamant, Intimidate, IVs TBD (Max attack for sure however)
Play Rough
Iron Head
Sucker Punch
Swords Dance

Gyarados@Life Orb/Assault Vest/etc.
Adamant/Careful, Moxie/Intimidate, IVs TBD (tailored offensive/defensive as per team style)
Waterfall
Earthquake
Iron Head/Ice Fang
Dragon Dance
(moves for defensive set (?) TBD)

Garchomp@
Jolly, Sand Veil/Rough Skin, 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Earthquake
Dragon Claw/Iron Head/Stone Edge
Swords Dance
Substitute

Nothing is set in stone, suggestions welcome/appreciated, fire away.

Well, I lost. 302 streak, which is waaaay better than I was expecting.

Aromatisse got flinch haxed at the beginning and didn't notice, and by trying to play around an Escavalier which I thought was going to be faster than Abomasnow, I ended up losing.

I might make some adjustments to my backups and try again after I get the other trophies I'm missing.

Here's the video proof: DWHW-WWWW-WWW3-AZJT

Just lost my 3rd Super Doubles streak in a row due to freeze hax. Honestly the worst thing for my Garchomp/Gengar team is when the opposing team is faster than both of my pokemon, almost always means I'm gonna be down 2 to 4 or 2 to 3. I went against lead Floatzel and Zebrastika with Air Balloon and got swept after my chomp got frozen by Floatzel before he had a chance to attack -_-

Here's my team. Still don't want to revert to a Sandstorm lv 1 aron/smeargle team just yet to get the trophy (which I vowed to do if I got haxed again lol)

Garchomp@Yache Berry
Jolly 252 Att 252 Spd
-Outrage
-EQ
-Rock Slide
-Protect

Gengar@Focus Sash
Timid 252 SpAtt 252 Spe
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Destiny Bond

These are my leads. Honestly its so easy to play with these guys I still don't want to switch them out yet lol. 70% of my matches are clean 4-0 sweeps with just these two. I'm thinking about changing Chomp to Adamant and Choice Scarf to alleviate me getting completely swept by opposing fast sweepers. In that case I would change my movepool to Dragon Claw, EQ, Rock Slide, Poison Jab. Getting locked into Outrage really sucks in doubles, especially when it hits the wrong opponent. Gonna change Focus Blast on Gengar to Dazzling Gleam or Sludge Bomb. Focus Blast is super high risk high reward (when it misses I'm down 3-2 or 2-4 a lot) and I don't think its a good move for the longer streaks (trying to minimize luck here)

Talonflame@Choice Band
Adamant 252 Att 252 Spd
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-U-turn
-Aerial Ace

Dragonite@Lum Berry
Adamant 252 Att 252 Spd
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-EQ
-Thunder Punch/Fire Punch

The clean up crew. Talonflame was nice cause of priority and can usually start picking off all the weak mons after chomp and gengar go down. Honestly Uturn and AA are filler, and even Flare Blitz for that matter. I locked myself into Brave Bird 99% of the time cause of priority and if I didn't know what the AI would sent out last (everything faster than talonflame gets maimed by Brave Bird just as hard as Flare Blitz and if they resist it well they probably resist Flare Blitz too and I'm fucked anyway lol). I might change from CB to Life Orb just for the opportunity to switch moves.

I originally had a MegaGyarados in place of Dragonite but found it underwhelming. Honestly Dragonite is super underwhelming too. I never used DD, I ended up using Outrage 90% of the time out of desperation if D-Nite is out (something must have gonna horribly wrong lol).

Hax is just as aggravating in doubles just as it is in singles. I've yet to have Blizzard miss against my team (not an exaggerating, 5 successful Blizzards in a row in separate battles) and 3 of them have cost me my matchup when they froze one or BOTH my leads before I had a chance to do anything (here's looking at you Floatzel and Focus Sash Froslass. Porygon Z with Blizzard swept my team after Gengar's Focus Blast missed against it).

You guys have any ideas for Dragonite's spot? Obviously fast water pokes give my team nightmares. I think MegaScizor would be a good fit for being bulky and priority. Any other ideas?

Can I ask for help with team building? I'm looking for a solid 3v3 team for the Battle Maison that uses MegaMawile. How does M-Mawile/Gyarados/Garchomp sound? They can cover each other's weaknesses pretty well, and I already have a perfect IV bred Mawile, a few 4 perfect IV spitback Gibles, and a Gyarados from the Friend Safari with 3 perfect IVs. I have full breeding capabilities, so getting perfect IV Pokemon isn't too much of an issue. Sets could (possibly) look like this:
Mawile@Mawilite
Adamant, Intimidate, IVs TBD (Max attack for sure however)
Play Rough
Iron Head
Sucker Punch
Swords Dance

Gyarados@Life Orb/Assault Vest/etc.
Adamant/Careful, Moxie/Intimidate, IVs TBD (tailored offensive/defensive as per team style)
Waterfall
Earthquake
Iron Head/Ice Fang
Dragon Dance
(moves for defensive set (?) TBD)

Garchomp@
Jolly, Sand Veil/Rough Skin, 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Earthquake
Dragon Claw/Iron Head/Stone Edge
Swords Dance
Substitute

Nothing is set in stone, suggestions welcome/appreciated, fire away.
I'd actually suggest Taunt on Gyarados. It's unorthodox, but it's saved my butt so many times. If you can find a dedicated status move user, it'll give you the opportunity to get at least one Dance in no problem. I'm running Waterfall/EQ/Taunt/DD @Lum and it seems to work very well. After a few DDs there's little point in running a coverage move when a neutral hit is a OHKO. You probably don't need a second Intimidator, so Moxie gives you an extra boost without using a turn. Or, you could have a double Intimidate to just destroy a physical attacker's power. That would help Gyarados survive longer, and in that case I'd try Careful to patch up your SpDf.

Well..lost battle nr. 43 against some veterans in multi. Was begging for no heathran/fire legendary, and what do i get? A heatran+regirock lead. I switch to Azumarill to soak up the inc lava plume while Goodra Rain dances, regirock uses explosion, nearly taking out both azu and goodra. I go for aqua jet on heatran, which due to burn is not letting me KO Heatran. Muddy water from AI Goodra misses both Heatran and regice, gets KO'd from flash cannon. Icebeam+dark pulse from opposing mons KO Alakazam that missed with focus blast while Scizor bring regice below 50%. Next turn I KO regice with BPunch, while heatran uses flash cannon due to rain up on Scizor. The following turn, due to fear of being KO'd i stupidly use BPunch agains 1/4 resisting Heatran instead of thief that would have KO'd it. No matter, I wouldnt have been able to KO the inc moltres w/o my azumarill.

Will try again, but this time I think I may go for Rotom-W instead of Azu, to avoid the burn crippeling. Also, I probably will only go for 40 with AI and borrow a friends ds+game to clear the last 10.

Any other tips on how to improve my pokemons? AI uses Goodra@damp rock, hydration, moves: Rain dance+Muddy water+Dragon Pulse+thunder and Alakazam@wise glasses, synchronice(man..why not give him sash+magic guard?), moves:Focus "Miss"+Grass knot+Psycic(damn, would have prefered psyshock here)+Signal beam. The Zam cant live through anything, and usually get KO'd 1st turn it is out, he can KO with about any move except Focus blast, cus he always misses it when its needed the most.

Edit: Gonna make an attempt with a regirock+noivern partner, and replacing my azumarill temporarily with Rotom-W to check if its better synergy and to evade burn crippeling

Last edited:
Hey folks,

First ever post here, though I've been lurking for a while. I'm a long-time Pokemon player but just haven't felt inspired to work on anything post-game until this gen. I've been enjoying the Battle Maison quite a bit, up until the point where my 40-something streak inevitably ends. And with the exception of some hax early on, it's almost always in the 40s, usually late 40s. I'm doing Super Singles to start, and really I just want to get the 50 streak and aim for doing so in every battle type.

This is the team I use primarily:

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Jolly
252 Spe 252 Att
-Fake-Out
-Return
-Earthquake
-Crunch

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Brave
252 HP 252 Def
-Sword Dance
-King's Shield
-Sacred Sword
-Shadow Sneak

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Adamant (Huge Power)
252 HP 252 Att
-Aqua Jet
-Play Rough
-Ice Beam
-Superpower

Kanga and Aegislash are the heart of my team and I have a hard time if I use anything else in their place. I'd like to branch out at some point, but right now I just want to get a decent streak. These are all pretty standard sets from what I've read. I don't run PuP on Kanga because for me personally, I've found Fake-Out more useful. It seems to (and this could just be in my head!) stop the AI from using its clutch first-turn status moves, and they go for the attack on the second turn, but in many cases I can then KO them with just Kanga.

Aegislash is obviously the switch-in for fighting types, then I scout for EQ and put Azumarill in if they have it, though with the Def investment Aegislash seems to be able to take a few of those. I've tried to run something other than Lefties on him, but I just find it too invaluable, with essentially a free heal on the King's Shield turn. I've tried Choice Band and Splash Plate on Azumarill, and Assault Vest has just suited my needs better. This Azumarill doesn't have perfect IVs in its desired stats, and if that's what's hurting me, I've now got one bred that I'll be training up. Considering putting some in Def as well as HP, but what do you guys think?

But man, it's like I hit the 45 mark and the AI has absolutely perfect teams to counter me. Things go downhill fast when Kanga drops and the AI has a mon with Dark attacks, which they seem to more often than not. Does the AI just ramp up significantly in the 40s? I'm honestly not sure if I'm just playing poorly, or if it's just bad luck. My last streak at 48 was almost single-handedly ended by a Manectric of all things who outsped my Kanga and got the paralysis off with Thunder, both on Kanga and Aegislash, and you can guess what happened to poor Azumarill.

I'm flexible on the last slot, if that would make the difference. I have a Multiscale Dragonite, Gooey Goodra, and a Protean Greninja that I've switched in before, but my highest streaks have always been with the above configuration.

I'll go through my vs Recorder logs and see if I have that last match with the Manectric. If so I'll edit this and post the code for it. Thanks ahead of time! Like I said, I'm new to this, so it could be my playstyle, or I could be underestimating just how much luck is involved.

Updated !

Blah, streak ended at 80 in Super Triples because my 3DS is broken in such a way that if it gets hit hard enough (which is not very hard at all), it turns off. And it just had to turn off in the middle of a battle. :/
Video for streak proof: J5AW-WWWW-WWW3-AHXU

Team:

Greninja @ Wise Glasses
6HP/252Sp.Atk/252Spe
Hasty
Torrent
2/3/26/12/2/16
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Scald
- Mat Block

Started out as filler first, then I kept him for Mat Block. Unfortunately due to the way my team is currently set up and the fact he has terrible IVs, he isn't very useful. He can usually take out a pokemon or two before going down. Also contributing to his uselessness is the fact I was not aware Mat Block worked only on the first turn, which is rather bad in my current setup because usually two pokemon won't attack on the first turn. I do like Greninja though, so I will be grabbing a Life Orb and a Protean Greninja with better IVs.

WrathandKhan @ Kangaskhanite
6HP/252Atk/252Spe
Scrappy/Parental Bond
-Fake Out
-Return
-Power Up Punch
-Crunch

One of my best pokemon. Starts out on the middle, usually megaevos on the first turn, unless there's a ghost I don't want attacking involved, and flinches a pokemon I don't want attacking, which is usually a rock or electric type. Return is her usual attack, Crunch if there's a pokemon that's weak to dark, or Power-Up Punch when I think she can KO with it. She isn't too bad at taking hits either, so she lasts for a decent bit. Amelia covers her fighting weakness, so Wrath and Khan can take out things left and right.

Amelia @ Expert Belt
6HP/252Atk/252Spe
Gale Wings
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-Tailwind
-Roost

Starts on right, and just wrecks fighting types that don't have a second type that resists flying. Flare Blitz is her other STAB to attack things that are weak to it or to attack stuff that resists flying. Tailwind is for when I think it's safe to use, as my other pokemon don't mind a speed boost. Roost is kinda fillery, as she rarely has the chance to use it.

Chester @ Leftovers
252HP/252Atk/6Spe
Bulletproof
-Hammer Arm
-Seed Bomb
-Shadow Claw
-Poison Jab

Usually a switchin for Amelia. I usually use Seed Bomb, but if something resists it I go with hammer arm. Shadow Claw and Poison Jab are for coverage, Poison Jab for other grass types and Shadow Claw for ghosts and such. He doesn't really see much other then to counter.

Matt @ Assault Vest
252HP/252SpAtk/6Spe
Gooey
-Dragon Pulse
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-Ice Beam

My other special attacker. He takes special attacks pretty, but attacks not so well. Though his ability does let him poke attackers a bit if they're not too fast. He has pretty decent coverage, and Dragon Pulse for a STAB.

SwordthingII @ Air Balloon
252HP/252Atk/6Def
Stance Change
-Swords Dance
-King's Shield
-Sacred Sword
-Shadow Sneak

Generic Aegislash. King's Shield when I predict an attack or a supereffective attack, swords dance to setup when it's safe, Shadow Sneak when it's supereffective or to finish something off, and Sacred Sword for a general attack. Not much else to him

Might post some videos later.
I know how you feel. It happened to me too (and when breeding once).
I'm very carefully with my 3DS when playing Maison eversince as I don't want any of my streaks to end because of my 3DS fucking me up.

Which of Dusclops and Duscnoir would be the most effective trickroom setter, and most viable in double/triples? Keep getting annoying by fakeouts on spritzee, and thought the viablility of either of the Duscs would be better due to higher defs and the ghost typing.

Edit: Also, would +def or +s.def be the better nature, and what should the EV's that aint going in HP be put into? Taking it out of speed anyway

Last edited:
Hi, I was wondering if someone could give me some suggestions with my team. I am currently doing super multi, and I am using Mega Charizard Y and Garchomp alongside my partner's Typhlosion and Milotic. I was wondering, is there anything I should replace Garchomp with? He works pretty well, but I just don't feel content using him.

PS I would prefer that any replacements would be physical attackers

BE5W WWWW WWW3 BZW8.

Its only 13 turns. There was only one way to lose this, to switch Garchomp into Ice Fang. And I did it. Most retarded hax ever, and the fact that it had 3 electric types where my only hope was a paralyzed Greninja.

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

This is my latest streak in Super Singles. I believe I belong on the leaderboard?

Anyway, here was my team:

Garchomp@Choice Band
252 Atk 252 Spd 4 HP
Jolly
Sand Veil

Outrage
Earthquake
Poison Jab
Stone Edge

CB Garchomp put in some serious work for me, definitely the MVP. If I ever go back and do an Entrainment run this guy's gonna be my backup.
I just kind of clicked on a STAB move and watched things die, the other moves are pretty much just filler.

Togekiss@Leftovers
252 HP 92 SAtk 164 Spd
Timid
Serene Grace

Nasty Plot
Air Slash
Fire Blast
Roost

Not as immediately devastating as Garchomp, but great for all of the annoying as hell Leech Seed shenanigans that run rampant in the Maison, slower opponents also get completely demolished by flinch hax or +2 Fire Blasts, and even faster opponents often fail to 2HKO without a STAB SE move, so I just attack, Roost, rinse and repeat. Immunity to Ground and Dragon gave it tons of switch in opportunity, a true team player.

Aegislash@Spooky Plate
252 HP 156 Atk 98 SAtk 4 SDef
Brave
Stance Change

Shadow Ball
Shadow Sneak
King's Shield
Sacred Sword

The perfect counter to all of the Double Team + Toxic fuckery (Cresselia is a bitch). And again, immunities give it awesome switch in opportunity, and Shadow Ball + Sneak is awesome for the Lati twins and Focus Sash users that get the jump on Garchomp, as well as being my only switch in to Ice Beam (its everywhere).

Feeling pretty proud of myself, I remember sucking pretty hard at the Battle Towers and Battle Subway.

EDIT: And in case you guys were curious, I lost to a DD Moxie Gyarados. No hax, no BS. Just a straight up, honorable loss. -man tear-

Just lost at 199 wins. Really depressing.

I'd been using Dragonite as a lead for a while, but then I saw the post on last page and modified his team a bit:

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
252 Atk / 252 Spe
Multiscale
Adamant nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

252 Atk / 252 Spe
Scrappy -> Parental Bond
Jolly nature
- Sucker Punch
- Return
- Crunch
- Power-Up Punch

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
252 HP / 252 Atk
Huge Power
Adamant nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Power-Up Punch
- Play Rough

I'm thinking of swapping Azumarril for an Aegislash. Can Aegislash comfortably switch in vs Dragon/Ice/Rock/Fairy types?

Hey folks,
I'm flexible on the last slot, if that would make the difference. I have a Multiscale Dragonite, Gooey Goodra, and a Protean Greninja that I've switched in before, but my highest streaks have always been with the above configuration.
I would suggest a Multiscale Dragonite. I lead with him and won 75% of the first 50 battles with him alone. He solos the 50 win boss as well.

Last edited:
Just lost at 199 wins. Really depressing.

I'd been using Dragonite as a lead for a while, but then I saw the post on last page and modified his team a bit:

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
252 Atk / 252 Spe
Multiscale
Adamant nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

252 Atk / 252 Spe
Scrappy -> Parental Bond
Jolly nature
- Sucker Punch
- Return
- Crunch
- Power-Up Punch

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
252 HP / 252 Atk
Huge Power
Adamant nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Power-Up Punch
- Play Rough

I'm thinking of swapping Azumarril for an Aegislash. Can Aegislash comfortably switch in vs Dragon/Ice/Rock/Fairy types?

I would suggest a Multiscale Dragonite. I lead with him and won 75% of the first 50 battles with him alone. He solos the 50 win boss as well.
Aegis can easily switch into any type it is resisting with its great 150 def+s.def in shield form, with 252 evs in HP also. He can most times setup to +4/+6 with swordsdance for easy sacred sword+shadow sneak/shadow claw (depends on power vs. prio) Also, he will easily soak any fighting attack coming against Khan, but having 3 physical attackers WoW/burns will potentially cripple your team. But overall type coverage/resistance with Dnite, Khan and Aegis is really great.

Edit: Sucker Punch have its uses as prio, but i think overall having EQ instead will prove to be much more beneficial, atleast considering how you are running speedy instead of bulky Khan

Last night I lost my streak of 293 in Super Singles with a team of Dragonite, Greninja, and M-Scizor. It was a frustrating and easily avoidable loss to Set 1 Jolteon (I didn't go for the KO immediately and got destroyed by Swagger), and I know I can do better, so I'm going to try again after a little break.

I've also recorded a lot more data on Battle Maison new/changed movesets (which I've gradually edited into my post a few pages ago) and which Pokemon some of the unique trainers use as a sort of follow up to R_Inanimate's great post documenting the bulk of it, which I'll probably try to post tonight. There are still things I'm not entirely sure on, since some of these unique trainers have a 1/100 chance of appearing, but I think I've seen and mock battled enough to be reasonably confident about a lot of it.

Edit: Here's more details on the team I used. I used a fairly similar team last generation in the Battle Subway to some success, with Starmie over Greninja and generally worse EV spreads, natures, etc. overall. Really though, I should thank Zarel, because he lent me the team he had been using (same Pokemon) so that I could get enough BP for the Maison TMs for research purposes. After getting a streak of 140 with it, I was encouraged to make my own team with some tweaks to go further.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
Multiscale
20 HP/252 Atk/236 Speed
Outrage
Fire Punch
Earthquake
Dragon Dance
Dragonite is easily one of the best Pokemon to use in Super Singles. Most Maison Pokemon lose to Dragonite 1v1, and its partners can easily handle anything it can't, which are usually Fairy, Ice, defensive Rock types, and bulky Waters with Ice attacks. Multiscale and Lum Berry provide an excellent layer of protection against hax, guaranteeing a Dragon Dance in many instances, which is often enough to decimate most of the teams that are faced. Getting two or three is even better, though that doesn't happen as often against the Pokemon seen later in the Maison. Often using Dragonite is about finding a balance about damage taken before going on the offensive, because of Pokemon with Focus Sash, Sturdy, or priority moves that encourage switching or having enough HP remaining to take the hit. The EV Spread gives Dragonite enough speed to outspeed Weavile after one DD, and everything other than the rare Swift Swim/Chlorophyll user after two. Maxing Speed doesn't accomplish anything other than speed tying with a few things at base.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
Protean
4 HP/252 Sp.Atk/252 Speed
Ice Beam
Surf
Dark Pulse
Grass Knot
Sort of like Starmie on the Subway team I mentioned, Greninja is easily the weakest link of this team, but it's also significantly better than Starmie was. Getting STAB on all attacks is nice, and Greninja can outspeed the majority of Maison Pokemon and get a number of OHKOs on key threats. From full HP, Greninja can also use Protean to abuse the AI and dodge a number of would-be OHKOs, as well as encouraging the AI to send in things Greninja can handle (for example, the AI will always send in the Pokemon that can do the most damage, so Ice Beam or Grass Knot can lure out Fire Types). My first try with this team I tried using Scald over Surf for a bit to help make freezes less of an issue and possibly go for burns, but I switched back to Surf after I saw that I was missing important KOs on some Fire types and figured that freezes and hoping for a burn weren't extremely important to the team as a whole. I also originally had Extrasensory over Grass Knot as a holdover from Zarel's team, but I eventually realized that Grass Knot was better in almost every way - BP (in some cases), an answer to bulky Waters, and better resists via Protean.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
Technician
252 HP/252 Atk/4 Speed
Bullet Punch
U-turn
Brick Break
Swords Dance
Scizor went through the most testing/changes, coming from Zarel's which was 252 Speed and Banded (with the barely useful Thief over SD). When I made mine, I started with a Focus Sash SD version. It helped protect against some forms of hax, and was usually guaranteed to get a SD in, but over time I found that there were a number of things that I wanted to switch Scizor into that dealt around 50% with that spread and I could only 2HKO. I moved the Speed EVs into HP, since nearly everything in between were either things I wanted to Bullet Punch, couldn't do much to Scizor, or I would rather go second against anyway so I could U-turn out for free. I still kept 4 though because then it would outspeed certain things like Flareon. After doing this, almost every non-Fire move would fail to activate Sash, so I briefly tried switching it with Sitrus Berry, and then finally Scizorite, and I immediately appreciated the extra bulk and power. I know it got me out of a few jams during this most recent streak that the other Scizor sets would not have managed to do, with the only downsides being less insurance against Fire types and the OHKO spamming Walrein. I didn't really explain how I used it, but Scizor is Scizor. :P

Overall, this is a team with few weaknesses and a generally low susceptibility to hax if you play well (unlike me in that last battle hehe). Sacrificing Dragonite is almost always a bad idea if you've only seen one of the opponent's Pokemon, you'll want to switch if it's something Dragonite can't handle, though it'll probably take a few attempts to learn which situations you'll want to do so or strategies for certain Pokemon like Set 4 Togekiss with Dazzling Gleam and Heat Wave (you'll want to switch to Scizor and then to Greninja; Bullet Punch won't OHKO, but Ice Beam will). If my next attempt goes at least as long or longer, I might make a Pokemon-by-Pokemon strategy for this team like some people made for the Subway last gen.

The Pokemon that are really dangerous to this team are things that can outspeed Greninja/ a weakened +1 Dragonite and KO/threaten a KO. This is mainly Set 4 Manectric and Set 4 Darmanitan, along with Jolteon in some situations. Most Jolteon sets will rather set up Rain or use status moves on a full health Dragonite, so it isn't as dangerous, but shouldn't be taken lightly either. Manectric and Darmanitan are scarfed and very powerful, and in the case of Manectric, prior to switching to Mega Scizor you had to basically hope for Thunder to miss if it came in on a weakened Dragonite. Talonflame (I'm pretty sure I haven't seen one with Gale Wings yet somehow, but I'm waiting for it to give me a hard time...), Crobat, Set 3 Braviary (Scarf), Set 4 Slowbro/Slowking (Trick Room), lucky Regigigas, and of course Set 4 Walrein, the OHKO spammer, are also Pokemon that can potentially threaten the entire team at most points but can usually be played around, though I'm probably forgetting some here.

I don't think I'd change anything else about the team though, other than Bug Bite and/or Superpower on Scizor once available depending on your preference. That should be it for now, and feel free to ask questions about it if you want (and wow, this was longer than I expected).

Last edited:
Does anyone know how the AI reacts to Unaware? There are quite a few boosters in Subway and if Unaware isn't recognized that could be interesting. I want to try an Unaware Clefable CM set, but if the AI switches out it won't work as well.

VioletPumpkin has been added. Would you mind to edit your post and gives us more information regarding your team? Items, Movesets, Natures etc.

Cardio has been added for the time being. I'd like you to post proof within 7 days or your record will be removed. I don't want to be harsh but it is a rule to post at least some sort of proof, and all you did was post team information. No ''how I've lost'', picture, or battle video.

Darkerones I can't see the picture =/ Maybe it's because of my browser. I will check again later, or, if anyone can confirm (and tell me what the streak length is) I will add you to the records list :).

Last edited:

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
VioletPumpkin has been added. Would you mind to edit your post and gives us more information regarding your team? Items, Movesets, Natures etc.

Cardio has been added for the time being. I'd like you to post proof within 7 days or you'll record will be removed. I don't want to be harsh but it is a rule to post at least some sort of proof, and all you did was post team information. No ''how I've lost'', picture, or battle video.

Darkerones I can't see the picture =/ Maybe it's because of my browser. I will check again later, or, if anyone can confirm (and tell me what the streak length is) I will add you to the records list :).
Ah my bad, yeah the picture stopped working for me too.

My streak was 107 and heres the video instead: USEG-WWWW-WWW3-C4H5

Cardio has been added for the time being. I'd like you to post proof within 7 days or your record will be removed. I don't want to be harsh but it is a rule to post at least some sort of proof, and all you did was post team information. No ''how I've lost'', picture, or battle video.
Sorry, I was just looking for advice, not necessarily going for a top position. I'll get a photo up later today. Is there a way to screenshot or do I just take a photo of the screen?

EDIT: Here's the code

W7TW-WWWW-WWW3-C9FJ

Aegis can easily switch into any type it is resisting with its great 150 def+s.def in shield form, with 252 evs in HP also. He can most times setup to +4/+6 with swordsdance for easy sacred sword+shadow sneak/shadow claw (depends on power vs. prio) Also, he will easily soak any fighting attack coming against Khan, but having 3 physical attackers WoW/burns will potentially cripple your team. But overall type coverage/resistance with Dnite, Khan and Aegis is really great.

Edit: Sucker Punch have its uses as prio, but i think overall having EQ instead will prove to be much more beneficial, atleast considering how you are running speedy instead of bulky Khan
Thanks for that, I'll try him out. Would you say 252 HP/252 ATK spread?

I considered EQ on Kangaskhan, but I prefer a priority move to take out Pokemon like Gengar, Lati@s and Alakazam. It also helps against Trick room teams. The only situation where I noted EQ would have helped was against an effects spore Vileplume, but maybe if I add Aegislash I'll be able to run EQ.

Last edited:
I've found a solution for some of the problems with the Truant Durant strat: Red card. It works well to force out most of the dangerous leads that prevent you from setting up. Just give it to something that can survive any single hit, like Aegislash or something with Sturdy, because if you're OHKOed it won't activate. I just tried it out by simulating all the previous battles I lost and making sure the AI did the same things it did when it beat me before. It worked perfectly against everything that stopped me, including the previously uncounterable Magic Bounce Espeon, until I fought this old team...

This team is really hard if you don't know what's coming because it completely counters Entrainment, so I am going to explain how to beat it. Aegislash makes it easy...

Skarmory @ ?
Whirlwind
Toxic
Spikes
Stealth Rock​
Use Entrainment on the first turn then switch out. It likes to get a set of Spikes and Stealth Rock down before it uses Whirlwind, usually providing you with three turns to hit it after switching, but sometimes it will use Whirlwind the first chance it can instead. Steel types Durant and Aegislash are good here due to their Stealth Rock resistance and immunity against Toxic, which would guarantee a loss considering the next two Pokemon:

Medicham @ Life Orb
Detect
Fake Out
High-Jump Kick
Psycho Cut​
Pretty standard Entrainment+Truant counter, this thing has the whole package with those first three moves. Aegislash just happens to be his worst enemy. If you switch to Aegislash when he has HJK queued then he's already at 50% which a Shadow Sneak will finish up. Otherwise, his only move is a NVE Psycho Cut so just Swords Dance first.

Shiftry @ Focus Sash
Protect
Fake Out
Sucker Punch
Low Kick​
Another Entrainment+Truant counter. Walled best by Ghost types. It will spam Sucker Punch until it runs out of PP, which is unboosted at 5, as it has no other way of hitting them. During one of the simulations it landed six successful Protects in a row, talk about hax. With Aegislash, just spam Swords Dance/King's Shield until it's out of its 5 Sucker Punches (it may bluff and throw a few random Protects in between), then kill it with Sacred Sword.

Red Card is still not a foolproof solution at all. There will still be more teams like the one above that include Pokemon who stop you from setting up with Truant but never actually attack you, like that Skarmory set, and there will be teams with multiple Fake Out+Protect spammers, like the Medicham and Shiftry sets above. There are other problems too that the Red Card doesn't solve, but it works great to switch out most of the pesky leads. What do you guys think?

I don't think I'd change anything else about the team though, other than Bug Bite and/or Superpower on Scizor once available depending on your preference. That should be it for now, and feel free to ask questions about it if you want (and wow, this was longer than I expected).
Just wanted to say, very informative post and nice team. I'll try it out.

Sorry, I was just looking for advice, not necessarily going for a top position. I'll get a photo up later today. Is there a way to screenshot or do I just take a photo of the screen?

EDIT: Here's the code

W7TW-WWWW-WWW3-C9FJ

Thanks for that, I'll try him out. Would you say 252 HP/252 ATK spread?

I considered EQ on Kangaskhan, but I prefer a priority move to take out Pokemon like Gengar, Lati@s and Alakazam. It also helps against Trick room teams. The only situation where I noted EQ would have helped was against an effects spore Vileplume, but maybe if I add Aegislash I'll be able to run EQ.
Ye, the 252hp+252atk spread is the best one when going physical, as most Aegis do. You can always go special too, but then you lose out on the neutral coverage of ghost+fighting move. The only other spread I find somewhat viable is probably mixed, but you lose out on SD boosts then, so stick with physical :P

Sure! It's updated now, sorry about that. :)

Anyway, here's what I've found so far about some of the 'unique' trainers found in battles 41+. By unique I mean the trainers that will use more than just Set 4 Pokemon. This post will refer to and build off of R Inanimate's post that documented most of the preliminary information already.

The most important thing to take note of is that unlike the Battle Subway, the Veterans this time around are restricted in the Legendary sets they can use, with one exception. Most of them use Sets 1 and 2 exclusively.
Legendary Sets 1 and 2 Only
Veteran (F) Catherine
Veteran (F) Hera
Veteran (F) Sibyl
Veteran (F) Zenobia

Veteran (M) Dorian
Veteran (M) Howell
Veteran (M) Jake
Veteran (M) Stanislaw

Legendary Sets 3 and 4 Only
Veteran (F) Eleanor
Veteran (M) Alfie

All Legendary Sets
Veteran (F) Isabella
Veteran (M) Saba

Next the Ace Trainers. It looks like Ace Trainers Jai and Bunny, who use high Sp. Atk and Sp. Def Pokemon respectively, will use any of the 4 available sets for each of the Pokemon they can pick. This might've been implied before, but I'd just like to confirm it. Furthermore, it seems likely that all of the other Ace Trainers can use multiple sets of Latios/Latias. Ace Trainer Claus is the only one I've recorded using different Latios sets so far, and they were Sets 1 and 2. All other Latios/Latias I've seen from them have been 1 or 2 (aside from a Latias 3 that Bunny used but I'm considering her and Jai to be separate for now), but I don't have as much data on this as I'd like, so take this with a grain of salt. This is probably why Latios/Latias appear on Ace Trainer teams more frequently in any case.

As for type themed trainers that use different sets, I can confirm that Hex Maniac Anastasia uses only Set 3 and 4 Psychic/Ghost types. I'm also certain that Roller Skaters Ryker, Raoul, and Electra only use Set 3 and 4 Flying and Electric types. Roller Skater Aurora didn't appear once while I was recording these, so it's probably worth being cautious with her, though I'd be surprised if she deviated from this. I'm reasonably certain that Chef Nicoise and Chef Carlos only use Set 4 Pokemon.

Finally, the weather/Trick Room focused teams. It should be noted that these lists are not complete, and I will provide a list of every Pokemon set I've seen each of them use, but I think I've seen enough to make some deductions about each of them.

As mentioned, Beauty Claire uses the Rain team this time around. She uses all four sets of certain Pokemon that have Swift Swim, as well as everything that has Rain Dance and specific Pokemon that have sets boosted by rain such as Thunder or HydraRest. Overall, it's very similar to the Parasol Ladies' Subway teams, but to be specific, she uses:
Swift Swimmers (All 4 Sets): Kingdra, Ludicolo, Floatzel, Seismitoad
Other Sets: Dewgong 4, Weezing 3, Politoed 2, Gastrodon 1, Zebstrika 2, Goodra 3+4
Very likely based on Gen 5: Potentially a lot... I have less data on her than the other weather teams and the rest would be too much to list for now.
Dewgong 4, Weezing 3, Politoed 2, Kingdra 1-3, Ludicolo 2+3, Floatzel 1+3+4, Gastrodon 1, Zebstrika 2, Seismitoad 1+3, Goodra 3+4

Chef Roux uses the Sun team this time around (like Bakers in the Subway), which is composed mostly of every set of most Chlorophyll users and every set that has Sunny Day. To be specific, he can use:
Chlorophyll users (All 4 Sets): Vileplume, Victreebel, Exeggutor, Shiftry, Tangrowth, Leafeon, Lilligant (note that he can use all Leafeon sets instead of just one like the Sun teams in the Subway):
Other Pokemon (sun setters): Arcanine 3, Typhlosion 4, Houndoom 4, Delphox 3
Very likely based on Gen 5/New sets: Arcanine 1, Rapidash 2, Typhlosion 1, Volcarona 1? (doesn't have Sunny Day so less likely), Talonflame 2, Pyroar 2
Vileplume 2+4, Arcanine 3, Victreebel 2-4, Exeggutor 1-4, Typhlosion 4, Houndoom 4, Shiftry 4, Tangrowth 2+4, Leafeon 1+3+4, Lilligant 2+4, Delphox 3

Worker Rasmus uses the Sand team this time around, but the changes appear to be more significant than those for Sun/Rain since last gen they had a bunch of extraneous (or legendary) sets that didn't abuse Sand explicitly. For example, he appears to run all the sets of more than a few Pokemon this time, specifically:
Sand Abusers (Sand Stream/Veil/Rush/Force) (All 4 Sets): Dugtrio, Tyranitar, Garchomp, Hippowdon, Gliscor, Excadrill
Other Pokemon (Sanstorm users): Shuckle 4, Gastrodon 3, Gigalith 3, Ferrothorn 1, Aurorus 2, Carbink 2
Likely based on Gen 5/New Sets: Claydol 2, Cradily 3, Gigalith 2, Tyrantrum 2
Dugtrio 3+4, Shuckle 4, Tyranitar 1-4, Gastrodon 3, Garchomp 1-3, Hippowdon 2+4, Gliscor 1-4, Gigalith 3, Excadrill 1+2+4, Ferrothorn 1, Aurorus 2, Carbink 2

Chef Andrei uses the Hail team this time around, and it appears to be similar to the Hail Workers last time around, running all 4 sets of certain Pokemon that wanted Hail to be up. This time it's expanded to also include every non-legendary set that can use Blizzard (or Petal Blizzard in Meganium's case), and more specifically:
Hail Abusers (All 4 Sets): Walrein, Abomasnow*, Glaceon, Mamoswine, Froslass**, Vanilluxe, Beartic, Avalugg
*Previously, only Abomasnow 2-4 were used despite having Snow Warning, and I haven't seen him use Set 1 yet.
**He could use all 4 Froslass sets previously, but I haven't seen Andrei use one yet.
Blizzard Sets I've seen: Slowbro 4, Meganium 2, Politoed 4, Kingdra 4, Porygon2 1, Wailord 4, Whiscash 3, Milotic 3, Cryogonal 3, Greninja 4, Barbaracle 2
Likely based on what gets Blizzard/Hail: Dewgong 1, Jynx 3+4, Vaporeon 3, Empoleon 4, Samurott 2, Carracosta 2, Cryogonal 4, Aurorus 2 (at least 2 since it knows Hail, maybe more because of Snow Warning), Goodra 4.
Slowbro 4, Meganium 2, Politoed 4, Kingdra 4, Porygon2 1, Wailord 4, Whiscash 3, Milotic 3, Walrein 1+2+4, Abomasnow 2+3, Glaceon 2+3, Mamoswine 2+3, Vanilluxe 1+2, Beartic 4, Cryogonal 3, Greninja 4, Barbaracle 2, Avalugg 1+2

Hex Maniac Mara, as mentioned, uses a Trick Room team. Everything's consistent with last gen's Harlequins so far, with some additions, specifically:
Trick Room users: Slowbro 4, Exeggutor 4, Slowking 1, Bronzong 4, Dusknoir 4, Musharna 2, Cofagrigus 3, Reuniclus 2, Aromatisse 4, Carbink 3, Gourgeist 2
Trick Room "sweepers": Marowak 2, Shiftry 1, Conkeldurr 4, Seismitoad 2, Golurk 4, Avalugg 4
Likely based on Gen 5/New Sets: Golem 4, Quagsire 2, Forretress 3, Steelix 4, Tyranitar 1, Hariyama 3, Rampardos 4, Bronzong 1, Hippowdon 4, Rhyperior 4, Dusknoir 2, Gigalith 4, Conkeldurr 2, Trevenant 4

The full list is everything in those first two categories. Unfortunately, since over half of her Pokemon hold Iron Ball collecting data for her can be slow.

I plan on continuing to add more data on all five of these trainers, and hopefully making it cleaner eventually. I hope this is of use to some people.

12/15/2013 Edit: Major edit to the weather team trainers, starting to put more concrete lists up, and moved Isabella to "All Legendary Sets".

Last edited:
It looks like there is some sort of ''bug'' in the Maison regarding the AI's usage of Will-O-Wisp.
I think just a minute ago was the 9th time I've seen the AI use Will-O-Wisp on it's ally Pokémon that did not benefit from this.
In all 9 cases it used Will-O-Wisp on an ally that had a Lum Berry, Natural Cure or Synchronize.

Now it's obvious that none of those benefit from the burn, but there's a link between Will-O-Wisp and the allies item/ability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)