Battle Stadium Head
If you've got a simple question about the Battle Stadium formats and not sure where to post, this is the place!
- What is Battle Stadium?
- The Battle Stadium forum is a combination of all things you find in the Victory Station (VS) option from the main menu in Sword and Shield. Battle Stadium is the collection of online ranked modes on the Nintendo Switch games themselves. The modes are 3v3 Singles (BSS) and 4v4 Doubles (VGC/BSS); you still being 6 Pokémon though and check what the opponent’s team of 6 is at team preview by pressing X.
- How do I play Battle Stadium?
- You need a Nintendo Switch Online Account, then it’s simply a matter of going to the VS menu, choosing Battle Stadium (the first option), then ranked battles (the second option). You’ll need to put the Pokémon you want to use into a “battle box” from the storage PC by pressing X twice to bring up the battle box selection and moving the necessary Pokémon into them. You can also use rental teams if you’ve registered any with codes.
- What are the rules? What's banned?
- The simplest way of explaining the rules of Battle Stadium is that it's an online, player-vs-player version of the Battle Tower. Only certain legendary Pokemon are banned (cover legends such as Zacian, Zamazenta, Melmetal and so on. You can only use one of each item on your team too.