Battle Subway

My team of Medicham, Cofagrigus, and Weavile is perfect!

I only loose because of the occasional HJK Wiff, WoW Wiff and Flinch Hacks from Rock Slide and Air Slash.

23 Win Streak to shit loss -_-

Movesets etc?
Also relying on 90% and 75% acc respectively is risky and bound to fail at some point.

Currently breeding a Clefable for Spotlight/Cosmic Power/Gravity abuse.
Is that any good?

Do you mean Follow Me? The only thing called Spotlight is the accessory in B/W. And whether or not it's good depends on how well you use it and what the rest of your team is

I think the AI knows that Zoroark doesn´t have the ability Wonder Guard and will attack with everything except Normal/Fighting, but I´m not 100% sure.
On the other side Shedinja sucks in the tower/subway so it´s not worth wasting 1 of only 3 slots.

a friend of mine got a 56 win streak using Dragonite, Shedinja, and Cloyster so...... I highly doubt that seeing as how my Jolly Cloyster gets canned in subway and Dragonite Checks are all over.

His Dragonite has a Shell Bell FFS

He must be insanely lucky (or lying) because Shedinja isn't any good in Subway really. Also, Cloyster should usually run Adamant over Jolly

Hmmm... since I have no computer to access dream world yet how does

A Rain Dance user

Gorebyss @ White Herb
Nature: Calm
Ability: Swift Swim
252 Def/ 176 SpD/ 76 Spe

Substitute
Shell Smash
Confuse Ray
Baton Pass

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Nature: Modest
252 SpA/ 128 Spe/ 128 HP

Ice Beam
Surf
Dragon Pulse
Draco Meteor

Sound?

Hmmm... since I have no computer to access dream world yet how does

A Rain Dance user

Gorebyss @ White Herb
Nature: Calm
252 Def/ 176 SpD/ 76 Spe

Substitute
Shell Smash
Confuse Ray
Baton Pass

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Nature: Modest
252 SpA/ 128 Spe/ 128 HP

Ice Beam
Surf
Dragon Pulse
Draco Meteor

Sound?
With the right Rain Dance user, that Gorebyss set can work wonders in the Subway. With Kingdra, maybe run Signal Beam over Draco Meteor.

I think the AI knows that Zoroark doesn´t have the ability Wonder Guard and will attack with everything except Normal/Fighting, but I´m not 100% sure.
On the other side Shedinja sucks in the tower/subway so it´s not worth wasting 1 of only 3 slots.
I think I've read somewhere on the forums that they know your ability - so a Zoroark disguised as a Gengar will be attacked with EQ as they know you don't have Levitate.

Considering that Subway has its own banlist, there's nothing wrong with using Drizzle Politoed as your Rain Dance Pokémon

Not Original this team, but 100% self bred:

Mespirit @ choice scarf / 252spd / hp
Trick
Flash
Charm
T-wave

Drapion@black sludge 252 hp / 252 sdef

Crunch
Accupressure
rest
Sub

Gyarados@ lefties 252 attack 170? spd rest hp

Ice fang
waterfall
DD
Eq

Got to 70 once and lost due to sloppy play. After that i came to 48 =/ Now i am breeding a new scizor to check some max hp / att roost / sd play

There are still two battle subway threads, yet this one hasn't been updated since March..

Imo there should only be one battle subway thread to make things more clear for everyone. For those who haven't noticed, here is the other Subway thread which is getting updated way more often than this one.

41 isn't terribly great, but I only have good IV Bred 4th Gen pokes (and so few of them too):

Tyranitar--Mean Green @ Lum Berry
Nature: Adamant
31/31/30/--/31/31
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd (kinda unnecessary but I'm ok with it)
Dragon Dance
Crunch
Rock Slide
Earthquake

Not my idea whatsoever, but this is definitely the best set there is. Stone Edge missed quite a bit, and Rock Slide seems to never miss (though I am so nervous it will!). I'm wondering if I should've replaced EQ with Fire Punch, but then I lose to other Tyranitar. I honestly can NEVER rely on him to sweep, because opposing leads usually scare him. I'm not sure if Fighting or Rock is a better type for dealing with threats. Some oddballs are also hard to deal with, like Sunny Day Victrebel with Weather Ball, as my next fighter hates...

Scizor--Lead Red @ Quick Claw
30/31/31/--/30/28
252 HP/252 Atk/ 4 SpDef
Swords Dance
Roost
Bug Bite
Bullet Punch

With one counter-able weakness, this guy likes setting up in the faces of... a lot of things. You all know how this set works, but it surprisingly beats A LOT of steels in their face. I don't have much items, so I'm using a quick claw. I'm not sure what to use instead. That Speed IV was pure genetic success I was not expecting!

Garchomp--True Blue @ Leftovers
Nature: Jolly
31/31/30/27/31/31
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Swords Dance
Substitute
Dragon Claw
Earthquake

With a Dragon Dance, I... wait. Darn. Swords Dance instead is great, but sometimes that speed is so necessary (Weavile :( ). I was debating (against myself) that I should use Outrage instead of Dragon Claw, for Garchomp then actually threatens Conkeldurr, Gliscor, and various other Pokemon that could rape this team easily. I'd have to then use Persim Berry, which isn't as cool as the Leftovers recovery (that fifth sub has saved me on Battle 35... but I had Scizor anyway)

There you have it: a manly rainbow from the desert. I don't have much other options in Great IV Pokemon (except Starmie, which took experiments in RNGing), so I'm not sure what else I can do. I have trouble against opposing Scizors once they've Swords Danced and ScarfChomps that arrive before Scizor can Boost. A Liechi Berry might work... well yes, better than a Quick Claw. I may be confusing these threats with the Wi-Fi Tower, at which Excadrill, Conkeldurr, and Poison Heal Gliscor are huge threats if Garchomp is out. I'm currently at Rank 5 and not sure when I'll continue.

I really want the 49 streak, but that 42nd battle's Gliscor hit me in the face.
Sorry for making this post so... amateur-ish (that's at least what I feel).
Good luck to everyone in the Battle Subway!

P.S. I miss the people from the Battle Frontier. These new Battle Subway Trainers are soooooo weird with their... proverbs? Ick.

EDIT: Up to 59. Arrrgggh a Jolteon swept my team at 60. Wow I suck.

Ugh the set I posted before desperately needs a Drizzletoed. 5 turn rain (I have no damp rock) does not cut it!

Alternative team im thinking of -sigh-

Kanghaskan @ Focus Sash
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Scrappy
No EV's

Endeavor
Sucker Punch
-
-

Gengar @ Quick Claw
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
Comtemplating if I want to EV train... 252 Spe

Destiny bond
-
-
-

Haxorus @ C.Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
252 Atk/252 Spe

Outrage
Earthquake
Giga Impact
-

Ugh I hate super singles!!!

Here's my team:

Machamp@ choice scarf
Jolly 252 att 252 spe 4 hp
No guard
Dynamic punch
Stone edge
Sleep talk
Fire punch

Here's my lead. He reaches 343 speed with a scarf, letting him outspeed most of the pokemon in the subway. Spamming dynamic punches really hurts alot.
You may think sleep talk is a bad option, but there aren't many other useful moves that could occupy that slot, and if he gets put to sleep i can always switch him out and use sleep talk. I hate losing to gengars hypnosis.

Azelf @ focus sash
hasty 252 speed 140 spatt 116 att
energy ball
psychic
flamethrower
explosion

I go for accuracy over power in all the moves here as 1 miss can = loss.
Generally he 2hkos something then explodes in the face of whatever comes in.
Energy ball over thunderbolt because i seem to see alot of pokemon that are 4x weak to grass.

Zapdos @ leftovers
timid 252 speed 252 hp 4 def
thunderbolt
hidden power grass
toxic
roost

on paper this thing doesn't look like much, but it's won me many games just toxic stalling.

?

The boundaries on this thread aren't very specific, it says "include record streaks", so I assume it isn't limited to just that. Would I be able to ask for feedback on a team that I might use for Singles? I'm new to this and I would really use all help I get.

Damn, lost on a 75 streak. Can anyone suggest a third member for this team?

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Impish - Marvel Scale
252 HP / 204 Atk / 48 Def
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Earthquake
Roost

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Adamant - Skill Link
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Razor Shell
Icicle Spear
Rock Blast
Shell Smash

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)