Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melee Invitational!

This is NOT an open battle. You may only join if you have received a PM from me.

1v1v1v...etc.
5 chills, 2 recoveries
2 Day DQ, 3 for ref.
ASB Arena
If you pass the DQ, action "idle" is used for both actions. You lose 30 hp and 30 en upon each use.
Items=On
Abilities=All
1 non-KO sub.

Express your interest in this thread, and PM me mons+items when you're ready. :)

Also, people should use a strong mon, and not some gay shit like Chansey to slip under the radar to the final 3 (Engi i'm talking to you).
I'll join this, will PM you the Pokemon tonight

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Melee Invitational!

This is NOT an open battle. You may only join if you have received a PM from me.

1v1v1v...etc.
5 chills, 2 recoveries
2 Day DQ, 3 for ref.
ASB Arena
If you pass the DQ, action "idle" is used for both actions. You lose 30 hp and 30 en upon each use.
Items=On
Abilities=All
1 non-KO sub.

Express your interest in this thread, and PM me mons+items when you're ready. :)

Also, people should use a strong mon, and not some gay shit like Chansey to slip under the radar to the final 3 (Engi i'm talking to you).
I'm in

I'll be tossing out my third battle slot, and I'll be battling... the one who won the title of fire gym leader... and testing his gym. Note I will NOT send Poke'mon until my current prize claim is approved.

VS Orcinus Duo
4vs4 Doubles (He brings 6 and choses 4)
DQ: 2 Days
Restrictions: 5 Chills/2 Recoveries
Arena: McCargo's Sauna Resort (Beta Version: Below) Orcinus's Choice
Switch: OK
Abilities: All
Items: On
Special: Coin Flip determines who sends out first (like a gym battle)

Edit: Orcinus has a new arena chosen to test for battles. Let's see how it turns out.

Well, I'm sending out two more challenges.

4v4 Singles Classic (Basically it's just FE, but I'll be using my first four mons)
2 Day DQ
2 substitutions
Switch=OK
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
Arena: Opponent's/Referee's Choice

Switch=KO
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
Arena: ASB Arena
Still need somebody to accept the second match.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
I'll be tossing out my third battle slot, and I'll be battling... the one who won the title of fire gym leader... and testing his gym. Note I will NOT send Poke'mon until my current prize claim is approved.

VS Orcinus Duo

Edit: Orcinus has a new arena chosen to test for battles. Let's see how it turns out.
Let's get it fired up!

Arena: Flareon Training Grounds

Long ago, Cinnabar Island was a technological mecca, a hub for the brightest minds of a generation. But a volcano erupted on the island, destroying everything there was, or ever will be. There isn’t anything here anymore, in “The Ravaged Town of the Past”…

But is there?

Finally, you reach the topmost layer of Cinnabar Island. Flashes of red dart past the corner of your eye. You turn, but see nothing. The once-charred ground stares resolutely back at you, covered by a hair of swaying grass. Another flash. Turn again, but this time, the emptiness seems to be watching you. The sun is shining brightly, but through a thin veil of steam, which the sun evaporated from the surrounding ocean. A drop of your sweat falls, caught by an outstretched blade of grass that lowers it gently to the ground. The ground here is hard, very hard. What kinds of vegetation are these?

A flash, a turn, a howl, and then you flinch. But then, in the distance, you see the rough, chalked outline of the arena. Determined, you walk to it, and release your Pokemon. The sun shines mercilessly, the steam chokes, and you have a mission to fulfil.

Welcome to the Flareon Training Grounds. After the eruption of the volcano, an elite society of Flareons have cultivated the land. Here, they practice skills that are not privy to the knowledge of the outside world. Flare blitzes right and left, the Flareon here are practically legends in their own right. Thankfully, it is not them who you will be fighting today, but Gym Leader orcinus, who grew up in Canada and hates the weather here as much as you. He’s befriended the Flareons here, and it is here that he learns from the skills of these skilled fighters to beat challengers like you.

There are some special rules here, so pay attention. Spread moves, for fear of invoking the wrath of the nearby Flareons, may not be used in their full capacity, as a safety rule set by orcinus. Instead, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Surf and the like must be focused and directed only at one Pokemon. However, while orcinus wants to obey safety rules, he does not want to disrupt the spirit of the game. And so, spread moves can still hit Pokemon that are using evasive actions, and can wipe out all of the clones of one Pokemon.

The arena is in a stage of permanent sun and steam, which is from the nearby water. This acts as sun in every respect (including the including the BAP reduction of water-typed moves, since the sun evaporates much of the water and steam doesn’t actually hurt), but one—it heals dry skin Pokemon instead of harming then.

There is no natural water source on the Arena. You are too far from the surrounding ocean to use that water.

Orcinus' Fire Mons are intensely familiar with the environment, and thus are able to navigate everything with ease--rocks included. As such, all of orcinus' mons have an increases resistance to Stealth Rocks.

Finally, orcinus gets a fan and a cooler. You do not.

Summary: Attacking moves that affect more than one opponent must be targeted at one opponent. However, they can still hit Pokemon that are using evasive actions, and can wipe out clones from Double Team.
Permanent Sun/Steam is in effect, acting like Sun in every respect except healing Pokemon with the ability dry skin. This can only be changed by weather rock holders.
No natural water source.
Stealth Rocks reduced effectiveness against Leader's mons (-4 damage)

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Let's get it fired up!

Arena: Flareon Training Grounds

Long ago, Cinnabar Island was a technological mecca, a hub for the brightest minds of a generation. But a volcano erupted on the island, destroying everything there was, or ever will be. There isn’t anything here anymore, in “The Ravaged Town of the Past”…

But is there?

Finally, you reach the topmost layer of Cinnabar Island. Flashes of red dart past the corner of your eye. You turn, but see nothing. The once-charred ground stares resolutely back at you, covered by a hair of swaying grass. Another flash. Turn again, but this time, the emptiness seems to be watching you. The sun is shining brightly, but through a thin veil of steam, which the sun evaporated from the surrounding ocean. A drop of your sweat falls, caught by an outstretched blade of grass that lowers it gently to the ground. The ground here is hard, very hard. What kinds of vegetation are these?

A flash, a turn, a howl, and then you flinch. But then, in the distance, you see the rough, chalked outline of the arena. Determined, you walk to it, and release your Pokemon. The sun shines mercilessly, the steam chokes, and you have a mission to fulfil.

Welcome to the Flareon Training Grounds. After the eruption of the volcano, an elite society of Flareons have cultivated the land. Here, they practice skills that are not privy to the knowledge of the outside world. Flare blitzes right and left, the Flareon here are practically legends in their own right. Thankfully, it is not them who you will be fighting today, but Gym Leader orcinus, who grew up in Canada and hates the weather here as much as you. He’s befriended the Flareons here, and it is here that he learns from the skills of these skilled fighters to beat challengers like you.

There are some special rules here, so pay attention. Spread moves, for fear of invoking the wrath of the nearby Flareons, may not be used in their full capacity, as a safety rule set by orcinus. Instead, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Surf and the like must be focused and directed only at one Pokemon. However, while orcinus wants to obey safety rules, he does not want to disrupt the spirit of the game. And so, spread moves can still hit Pokemon that are using evasive actions, and can wipe out all of the clones of one Pokemon.

The arena is in a stage of permanent sun and steam, which is from the nearby water. This acts as sun in every respect (including the including the BAP reduction of water-typed moves, since the sun evaporates much of the water and steam doesn’t actually hurt), but one—it heals dry skin Pokemon instead of harming then.

There is no natural water source on the Arena. You are too far from the surrounding ocean to use that water.

Orcinus' Fire Mons are intensely familiar with the environment, and thus are able to navigate everything with ease--rocks included. As such, all of orcinus' mons have an increases resistance to Stealth Rocks.

Finally, orcinus gets a fan and a cooler. You do not.

Summary: Attacking moves that affect more than one opponent must be targeted at one opponent. However, they can still hit Pokemon that are using evasive actions, and can wipe out clones from Double Team.
Permanent Sun/Steam is in effect, acting like Sun in every respect except healing Pokemon with the ability dry skin. This can only be changed by weather rock holders.
No natural water source.
Stealth Rocks reduced effectiveness against Leader's mons (-4 damage)

VS Orcinus Duo

I'mma ref this if there are no objections

Melee Invitational!

1v1v1v...etc.
5 chills, 2 recoveries
2 Day DQ, 3 for ref.
ASB Arena
Items=On
Abilities=All
1 non-KO sub.

Orcinus Duo said:
since there wasn't really a prize for melee of history if you want you can join the melee invitational?
Let's see if my "Randomly pick actions that sounded like good ideas at the time" strategy will work again.

Melee Invitational!

1v1v1v...etc.
5 chills, 2 recoveries
2 Day DQ, 3 for ref.
ASB Arena
Items=On
Abilities=All
1 non-KO sub.

Express your interest ihttp://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3473175&page=3n this thread, and PM me mons+items when you're ready. :)

Um I want in! Got fourth in the melee of history due to DQ, I know I can get farther!

I CHALLENGE GLACIER

6v6 Training Brawl
2 Day DQ
Infinite recs/chills
ASB Arena
Items=Training
Abilities=All
NO SUBSTITUTIONS (KO Subs allowed)

LET'S GET IT

I SHALL FREEZE YOU

Accepting. Since I'm in my phone I won't be able to pm the ref with Mons quickly, so here are the pokemon I'm using

Mamoswine
Syclant
Froslass
Walrein
Jynx
Abomasnow

Sig is in the link

Stratos

Banned deucer.
I CHALLENGE GLACIER

6v6 Training Brawl
2 Day DQ
Infinite recs/chills
ASB Arena
Items=Training
Abilities=All
NO SUBSTITUTIONS (KO Subs allowed)

LET'S GET IT
I SHALL FREEZE YOU

Accepting. Since I'm in my phone I won't be able to pm the ref with Mons quickly, so here are the pokemon I'm using

Mamoswine
Syclant
Froslass
Walrein
Jynx
Abomasnow

Sig is in the link
crabsolutely reffing this

edit: subreffing mat's match

1 vs 1 Training Match
1 Day DQ
Infinite recs/chills
Items=Training
Abilities=All
1 Sub
Arena: Caterpie Sanctuary
Caterpie's attack, Defense and Sp.Def are raised to 3 regardless of nature.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
1 vs 1 Training Match
1 Day DQ
Infinite recs/chills
Items=Training
Abilities=All
1 Sub
Mine. Standard if anything's missing.

Axew @ Exp. Share

Axew, Slasher (M)
Nature: Jolly (plus Speed, minus Special Attack, +15% Accuracy)
Type: Dragon
Dragon: Dragon STAB; more in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Thrash without losing focus.

Abilities:
Rivalry: (Innate) This Pokemon has a primal response to competition and mating, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its attacks by two (2) when it attacks an opponent of the same gender, and decreasing the power of all its attacks by two (2) when it attacks an opponent of the opposite gender.
Mold Breaker: (Innate) Whenever this Pokemon attacks, it emits an invisible, blindingly quick pulse preceding the attack that disables the opponents natural abilities (e.g. Levitators plummet towards the ground before Earthquake hits, Volt Absorb will not absorb electric attacks, Clear Body does not prevent stat-drops, etc.)
Unnerve (DW): (Innate) The Pokemon's presense causes immense tension in the opponent, preventing them from eating a held Berry. Natural Gift may still be used.

Stats:
Axew
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 66 (+)
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 17

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Scratch
Leer
Assurance
Dragon Rage
Dual Chop
Scary Face
Slash
False Swipe
Dragon Claw

Counter
Endure
Reversal

Dig
Substitute
X-Scissor
Total Moves: 15/68

Yet To Get:
1 MC: Dragon Dance, Taunt, Dragon Pulse, Swords Dance, Guillotine, Outrage, Giga Impact (Subtotal: 7)
3 MC: Endeavor, Focus Energy, Harden, Iron Tail, Night Slash, Razor Wind (Subtotal: 18)
2 MC (Tutor): Aqua Tail, Draco Meteor, Low Kick, Sleep Talk, Snore, Superpower (Subtotal: 12)
2 MC (TM): Aerial Ace, Attract, Brick Break, Bulldoze, Cut, Double Team, Dragon Tail, Earthquake, Facade, Fling, Focus Blast, Frustration, Grass Knot, Hidden Power, Hone Claws, Hyper Beam, Incinerate, Outrage, Payback, Poison Jab, Protect, Rain Dance, Rest, Return, Roar, Rock Slide, Rock Smash, Rock Tomb, Round, Shadow Claw, Strength, Sunny Day, Surf, Swagger, Toxic (Subtotal: 70)

Stratos

Banned deucer.
1 vs 1 Training Match
1 Day DQ
Infinite recs/chills
Items=Training
Abilities=All
1 Sub
Mine. Standard if anything's missing.

Axew @ Exp. Share

Axew, Slasher (M)
Nature: Jolly (plus Speed, minus Special Attack, +15% Accuracy)
Type: Dragon
Dragon: Dragon STAB; more in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Thrash without losing focus.

Abilities:
Rivalry: (Innate) This Pokemon has a primal response to competition and mating, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its attacks by two (2) when it attacks an opponent of the same gender, and decreasing the power of all its attacks by two (2) when it attacks an opponent of the opposite gender.
Mold Breaker: (Innate) Whenever this Pokemon attacks, it emits an invisible, blindingly quick pulse preceding the attack that disables the opponents natural abilities (e.g. Levitators plummet towards the ground before Earthquake hits, Volt Absorb will not absorb electric attacks, Clear Body does not prevent stat-drops, etc.)
Unnerve (DW): (Innate) The Pokemon's presense causes immense tension in the opponent, preventing them from eating a held Berry. Natural Gift may still be used.

Stats:
Axew
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 66 (+)
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 17

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Scratch
Leer
Assurance
Dragon Rage
Dual Chop
Scary Face
Slash
False Swipe
Dragon Claw

Counter
Endure
Reversal

Dig
Substitute
X-Scissor
Total Moves: 15/68

Yet To Get:
1 MC: Dragon Dance, Taunt, Dragon Pulse, Swords Dance, Guillotine, Outrage, Giga Impact (Subtotal: 7)
3 MC: Endeavor, Focus Energy, Harden, Iron Tail, Night Slash, Razor Wind (Subtotal: 18)
2 MC (Tutor): Aqua Tail, Draco Meteor, Low Kick, Sleep Talk, Snore, Superpower (Subtotal: 12)
2 MC (TM): Aerial Ace, Attract, Brick Break, Bulldoze, Cut, Double Team, Dragon Tail, Earthquake, Facade, Fling, Focus Blast, Frustration, Grass Knot, Hidden Power, Hone Claws, Hyper Beam, Incinerate, Outrage, Payback, Poison Jab, Protect, Rain Dance, Rest, Return, Roar, Rock Slide, Rock Smash, Rock Tomb, Round, Shadow Claw, Strength, Sunny Day, Surf, Swagger, Toxic (Subtotal: 70)

i'll ref

no need to pm mons so

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Yeah okay Melee hit 9 people so ima say that it's going to start on...uh, Friday I should be less swamped with work.

I still need Zarator/engineer/leethoof/gerard to PM me their mons w/ items.

Seeking a battle. Or two. One is an open challenge. The other, I'm throwing down the gauntlet to a specific trainer, in the hope of us both learning about gyms. He'll be acting the part of the Gym Leader, as he has had Gym Leader ambitions in the past.

Open Challenge:
3vs3 Singles
5 Chills, 2 Recoveries
2 Day DQ
ASB Arena
Items: ON
Abilities: ALL
2 Subsitutions

Challenge to Yarnus of Bethany:
3vs3 Singles OR 4vs4 Doubles (Yarnus chooses size; Yarnus brings 6 and choses as many as the battle allows)
5 Chills, 2 Recoveries
2 Day DQ
Hall of Light
Items: ON
Abilities: ALL
2 Subsitutions
Turn Order: Coin Flip

Note that while I'm putting both of these out now, I won't PM mons until my latest prize claim is approved.
Accepting if you still have a slot.
My gym team, for ref and ED, is

Lickilicky
Ambipom
Sawsbuck
Fearow
Snorlax
PorygonZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)