Battle Tree Discussion and Records

I did look at all OHKO possibilities and I think those are the scariest for what I'm trying to build with. I should have added the Glalie set on the list too, that's my fault. But no way in hell am I making Silvally an Ice-type I'm too scared for that x).
You can always run some kind of Moody Glalie set :P

Have you considered a fast Substitute user and fish for a miss?

By the way... I noticed the game lets you add trainers as potential partners even if you had done so already (say, you add Cynthia, then you fight her again and you can still add her as a partner). Is there any difference if you add the trainer again? If there is, I guess it's adding the Pokemon that trainer used in the last battle to his/her potential roster.

Last edited:
I did look at all OHKO possibilities and I think those are the scariest for what I'm trying to build with. I should have added the Glalie set on the list too, that's my fault. But no way in hell am I making Silvally an Ice-type I'm too scared for that x).

I did consider this but Chansey and Blissey are too slow for my goal. I would need 84 speed EV's for Blissey to handle Walrein-4, and more (124 speed EV's) for Chansey to do the same. And I still want to have some offensive capability especially against the like of mons such as Bisharp, so for now I'm aiming for Silvally as the lead. But I'm still debating. I appreciate the ideas and comments everyone gives.
Yeah, running Speed on them is standard because they are so much bulkier than Silvally or anything else that you can afford to do so.

252 SpA Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Blissey: 58-69 (17.5 - 20.9%)
252 SpA Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Silvally: 57-67 (28.2 - 33.1%)

4 Atk Abomasnow Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Silvally: 38-45 (18.8 - 22.2%)
4 Atk Abomasnow Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Blissey: 69-82 (20.9 - 24.8%)

Blissey @ Wide Lens
252 Def / as fast as you want it to be / wherever else you want to put EVs
Flamethrower (2HKOs Bisharp with no investment)
Confide
Thunder Wave
Soft-Boiled/Charm/Safeguard/whatever

Last edited:
Just reached 64 victories. Here's my team:

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Thunderbolt

Even with a wrong nature, it still wrecks stuff and pretty much outspeed every pokémon. I used almost only Psychic and Moonblast :P

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Return
- Earthquake
- Crunch

I know I should have DD, but I when I found out that Salamence does not learn it normally (why?!) I kept it like that anyway. EQ and Return generally does the job!

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

And the last mon I used. The only one with all perfect IVs and everything "in order". Never used aegislash specially offensive and it works quite well!

I lost to some goddamn quick claw hax. Normal Muk with it, gunk shot OHKO my poor Lele :'( Would have destroyed it with Psychic but whatever. Had trouble with a Pyroar (fucks aegislash quite hard). I don't remember the other pokémon...
And that's it guys :)

I'm curious, when you refer to the "old team", would you use it in all of its stages, or just one stage (i.e. the 'shitmons' one with Torkoal & Megazard-Y, the mono-starters one, the one with ErupTran & Megalie, etc.)?
I was thinking of focusing on the shitmons team, especially since all of them are available besides MegaZard-Y, who is now easily replaceable thanks to Drought Torkoal. However I would've loved to try all the different teams I had, including a new one I was working on with Sniper Octillsry. :(

It's taken me a while to get around to putting any sort of effort into the battle tree. I miss the frantic pace and overall mayhem of the triples format and I'm less motivated to try a bunch of stuff with the lack of easy ways to grind EXP this gen. I did manage to halfheartedly throw a singles team together and pop out 50 wins though.

Minior @ White Herb
Ability: Shields Down
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 164 HP / 252 ATK / 4 DEF / 4 SP. DEF / 84 SPD
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
-Shell Smash
-Acrobatics
-Earthquake
-Explosion

Fairly standard tree-sweeping set that I saw somewhere on youtube and wanted to try out myself. Getting free boosts while being immune to TWave and WoW is always nice. The funky EV spread is because I was admittedly afraid of that choice scarf Aerodactyl and wanted to outspeed it after one Shell Smash when the shield comes off.

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 ATK / 4 SP. DEF
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
-Wood Hammer
-Horn Leech
-Zen Headbutt
-Superpower

This thing is absolutely hilarious. Many weaker mons that resist grass still get OHKO'd by Wood Hammer. Horn Leech also hits hard and is the better choice if Minior didn't do its job. I rarely used the other two moves since a neutral Wood Hammer still does more or equal to a SE psychic or fighting hit.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 DEF / 4 SP. DEF
!Vs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
-Scald
-Toxic
-Recover
-Baneful Bunker

I was getting Mareanies left and right in wonder trade so I bred one of these for the tree after umpteen failed streaks. None of them had Haze though so I was stuck with a choice between BB or Venoshock. It was still able to do its job of walling everything to hell and back, healing up with Sludge + Regenerator + Grassy Terrain and wearing down stuff with Toxic.

I don't intend on going too much further in singles, got my 50 and I'm done. I do feel this team could go 100+ with some tweaks although it doesn't have a real answer to some things like Mega Scizor. Had to sit through a 68-turn match of switch-stalling with that thing because it conveniently has Roost and because it took about 13 Scalds to burn it.

My current doubles team is what I actually want some ideas/suggestions for. I'm only halfway to Blue now so I don't know how it'll hold up in 40 and beyond.

Talonflame @ Focus Sash
Ability: Gale Wings
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 ATK / 252 SPD / 4 HP
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
-Tailwind
-Taunt
-Protect
-Flare Blitz

Good ol' Kentucky Fried T-Flame. It can't mindlessly spam Brave Birds anymore but priority Tailwind support is still very much a thing. Taunt for the Trick Roomers and the annoyances that have like 3 status moves, Protect because it's Protect, and Flare Blitz rather than Brave Bird for steels. The lack of LO, Band, or an adamant nature made me realize just how mediocre T-Flame's base 81 attack really is, though.

Xurkitree @ Choice Specs/Life Orb/Electrium-Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SP. ATK / 252 SPD / 4 HP
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
-Thunderbolt
-Energy Ball
-Hidden Power Ice
-Protect

Easily my favorite of the UBs for just how wacky its design is - hitting like a truck full of pregnant Wailords is just a bonus. Leads alongside T-Flame striking down whatever is the biggest threat while Tailwind goes up and lets it electrocute things at blazing speeds. I'm still undecided on an item; I started off with Specs and Volt Switch instead of Protect, then switched to Life Orb because I wanted to be able to switch attacks when something shockproof switches in, now I'm considering Electrium-Z because I'm convinced this guy doesn't need the orb to murder everything after a single boost.

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 204 HP / 252 ATK / 4 DEF / 4 SP. DEF / 44 SPD
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
-Wood Hammer
-Horn Leech
-Zen Headbutt
-Superpower

Mostly the same as the build I used for singles just with some speed investment to outrun base 130s with a Tailwind. The chaotic nature of doubles allows me to spam Wood Hammer much more liberally and oh boy is it entertaining.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 DEF / 4 SP. DEF
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
-Scald
-Toxic
-Recover
-Baneful Bunker

I'm not quite sold on this things value in doubles but I couldn't think of a better 4th spot out of what I have. It's just here as a failsafe if Bulu and Xurk don't kill everything fast enough.

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Conversion
I just hit 50 wins almost with Porygon alone. I had no problems bar first turn EQ-Users (why??) and scarfed HJK-Users. But nothing Dragonite could not handle. Thanks Lord Wallace, that team is a blast!

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Adamant
Ability: Multiscale
52 HP / 252 Attack / 12 Def / 4 SpD / 188 Spe
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch

Scizor Scizorite
Adamant
Ability: Technicion
252 HP / 252 At / 4 Spe
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Brick Break

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze
- Recover

So I just lost at 49 in Battle Tree Super Singles with this team. I picked different sets from other users in this thread as I am almost completely new to competitive battling.

Honestly, Scizor did a much better job in the 2nd spot than its predecessor in Tapu-Koko, but apparently it wasn't enough for me to get to 50 :(. A Trick Room Mega-Slowbro with Blizzard/Psychic/Surf did me in. I was able to get a Swords Dance off on Scizor, and I am wondering if I would have been able to get the KO with X-Scissor instead on having Brick Break on him (I didn't end up using it much). Any suggestions? I know the Dragonite and Toxapex are pretty standard.

Should I be leading with Dragonite or keeping it in reserve for super singles? I've had a lot of success with lead Tapu Koko, so I'm not sure. How does a team of Koko/M-Metagross/Dragonite sound?

My Minior puts in a ton of work as a lead. Most of the time, it'll pull off a Shell Smash sweep no problem... but my last two streaks have been ruined because Confusion bypasses the Shields-Up mode. Should I swap the White Herb for a Persim/Lum Berry or keep the White Herb? My gut (and my common sense) tells me to keep the herb, but I cannot stand the thought of losing another streak to Confusion shenanigans...

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Adamant
Ability: Multiscale
52 HP / 252 Attack / 12 Def / 4 SpD / 188 Spe
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch

Scizor Scizorite
Adamant
Ability: Technicion
252 HP / 252 At / 4 Spe
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Brick Break

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze
- Recover

So I just lost at 49 in Battle Tree Super Singles with this team. I picked different sets from other users in this thread as I am almost completely new to competitive battling.

Honestly, Scizor did a much better job in the 2nd spot than its predecessor in Tapu-Koko, but apparently it wasn't enough for me to get to 50 :(. A Trick Room Mega-Slowbro with Blizzard/Psychic/Surf did me in. I was able to get a Swords Dance off on Scizor, and I am wondering if I would have been able to get the KO with X-Scissor instead on having Brick Break on him (I didn't end up using it much). Any suggestions? I know the Dragonite and Toxapex are pretty standard.
I used a similar team to yours to get to 50, except in the last slot I had Tapu Lele with the Psychic Z-Crystal. I found Toxapex to be too passive and taunt vulnerable. You can also try X-Scissor or Brutal Swing (ghosts) to particularly target Trick Roomers on Scizor.

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Should I be leading with Dragonite or keeping it in reserve for super singles? I've had a lot of success with lead Tapu Koko, so I'm not sure. How does a team of Koko/M-Metagross/Dragonite sound?
Depends if Dragonite is the wincon for your team or not. You've been having success with Koko to this point because he doesn't mind status as much as the other two, which allows you to wear down stallmons, status & Taunt users for the other guys to clean up with later. He would be the fastest member of that trio, correct?

I would keep him as lead and Dragonite as the second (played right, it saves you the trouble of having to pack Substitute onto either of the backups), but my suggestion is a bit marred by a) my lack of experience/interest in Singles, and b)not having used Koko at all yet. I also suspect I'm underestimating the amount of anti-Steel/Psychic coverage the Tree possesses, due to not having ventured all that far into it yet.

I'd always put Dragonite in the lead. With Multiscale, there's just so many Pokémon Dragonite can set up on and sweep.

Saw a weird AI thing a figured I'd post here. Had a trainer in the mid-30s whose team was Braviary/Staraptor/cradily. The first two were choiced, scarf and band. I lead with phero vs Braviary and subbed to check what it was getting locked onto. It used Brave Bird, so I hit it with Ice Beam and sacced Phero to get a turn of setup with Slowbro. Banded Staraptor came out next and used Close Combat. Based on the trainer, the moveset had to be CC/BB/Uturn/giga impact. Why did it pick the least effective move out of the set? On top of that, it kept hitting until it struggled, even though the AI usually switches out of choice moves if it has no PP. The Cradily was SS/Toxic/Protect/EQ, so it had a neutral move and Toxic to hit Bro with. Any idea what the wacky AI logic is here?

Edit: also, i decided to try sub and fightium z on lead phero and have been getting good results. You can always know what you are uturning out of if you don't get a kill. Obv any non-setup strat is prone to losing at some point, but i think it will get to 50 faster than most.

Smuckem

Saw a weird AI thing a figured I'd post here. Had a trainer in the mid-30s whose team was Braviary/Staraptor/cradily. The first two were choiced, scarf and band. I lead with phero vs Braviary and subbed to check what it was getting locked onto. It used Brave Bird, so I hit it with Ice Beam and sacced Phero to get a turn of setup with Slowbro. Banded Staraptor came out next and used Close Combat. Based on the trainer, the moveset had to be CC/BB/Uturn/giga impact. Why did it pick the least effective move out of the set? On top of that, it kept hitting until it struggled, even though the AI usually switches out of choice moves if it has no PP. The Cradily was SS/Toxic/Protect/EQ, so it had a neutral move and Toxic to hit Bro with. Any idea what the wacky AI logic is here?
The AI has its moments of really bizarre decision-making pre-Legend, though it's not as apparent here as it was pre-facility boss in past gens. I've been stuck in The First 25 for my entire Tree-hopping experience so far, so I've plenty of instances of opponents going for a move that's super-effective on one mon...except that they aim it at the other mon for neutral or reisisted damage (or better yet, neutral damage on a Disguise. AI doesn't quite understand Disguise, I take it), or boosting when they already have a mon in KO range, or the repeated attempts at status effects with Misty Surge up (guess AI doesn't quite understand that either).

Still, give me some specifics on your Slowbro and I'll run some calcs, maybe there was damage overlap between its possible move choices.

Edit: also, i decided to try sub and fightium z on lead phero and have been getting good results. You can always know what you are uturning out of if you don't get a kill. Obv any non-setup strat is prone to losing at some point, but i think it will get to 50 faster than most.
This has been going on for a while now. Basically, when the AI has not a single KO option, there's more of a chance that it'll select its move randomly. You don't see instances of their using their worst available option often, but it happens. I myself have pulled out of dire circumstances because of it.

I was running bold 252/252 Mbro so i'm sure it didn't have any actual chance of winning, but it was still weird since it was the actual worstoption, and it wasn't like I had switched out or anything. My third pokemon was xurkitree, tho it hadn't come out yet.

The streak broke a little after 50 btw. Phero vs kommo-o. If it was the shell smash one i figured bro could take it after one but not two and dazzling gleam scarfitree would definitely get the ko if faster. I subbed up even knowing that clanging scales was sound based. I was thinking the I could switch tobro and CM up, but when i was looking at clanging scales i saw it has a chance for def drop, which could be a problem. I let xurkitree clean it up after determining that the only things that resisted gleam were fire types slowbro could take. I got the worst pull- scarftran. I swapped to bro, but got the spdef drop on the second earth power. I CMed, but I should've switched and sac'd xurk- with no chance of a crit getting bro to +6 would have been guaranteed. Two hits take me out before i can heal, and xurk can't kill fast enough, even though it survives the first hit.

5g9w wwww www3 mnza

I'm pretty sure full defense on bro isn't the way to go, but i'm not sure how much i can move to spdef before i start running the risk of losing after set up. With bro's crazy high base def, a positive nature with no evs might actually be an option, since the extra +whatever is miniscule as a percent increase.

I was running bold 252/252 Mbro so i'm sure it didn't have any actual chance of winning, but it was still weird since it was the actual worstoption, and it wasn't like I had switched out or anything. My third pokemon was xurkitree, tho it hadn't come out yet.

The streak broke a little after 50 btw. Phero vs kommo-o. If it was the shell smash one i figured bro could take it after one but not two and dazzling gleam scarfitree would definitely get the ko if faster. I subbed up even knowing that clanging scales was sound based. I was thinking the I could switch tobro and CM up, but when i was looking at clanging scales i saw it has a chance for def drop, which could be a problem. I let xurkitree clean it up after determining that the only things that resisted gleam were fire types slowbro could take. I got the worst pull- scarftran. I swapped to bro, but got the spdef drop on the second earth power. I CMed, but I should've switched and sac'd xurk- with no chance of a crit getting bro to +6 would have been guaranteed. Two hits take me out before i can heal, and xurk can't kill fast enough, even though it survives the first hit.

5g9w wwww www3 mnza

I'm pretty sure full defense on bro isn't the way to go, but i'm not sure how much i can move to spdef before i start running the risk of losing after set up. With bro's crazy high base def, a positive nature with no evs might actually be an option, since the extra +whatever is miniscule as a percent increase.
I've been using a the regular Calm Mind spread M-Slowbro [252 HP/80 Def/176 SpD] and it has worked out great, the only problem I had was that it shares the Ghost weakness with Aeigslash.

Bah, Triples is gone, I have to retire my team... always liked the full team going all out... but anyway....

I'm thinking of a team with Tapu Lele (Field-setter) and Mega Metagross. I tried it in Battle Royal and they had quite good success (mostly I end up being mobbed by three because Xurkitree and they did too much). I wonder what to do with them in Tree and another teammate....

I'm thinking of running my little Latias or Latios later with Healing Wish for 'gross and few coverages once Bank is up, but depending only on Metagross is not a good thing, no?

And how to cover Trick Room? This tactic had been bane to my Fortress Formation before and I see the plan I have is... speedy, TR will end everything easily. Or maybe running Cresselia....

Or maybe I should just steal another's idea here....

... also, stupid question, how to upload battle videos? Festival Plaza to connect to the 'net makes it confusing to upload videos.

Last edited:
You got my attention. I am currentlly using a Mega Slowbro and it is wrecking everything but I realized that it is mostly due to crit immunity and being able to setup.
Sub Moody Power Trip Smeargle sounds crazy; do you have suggestions for the other team mates?
Here's what I used from 50-100. Battle 100 is definitely the craziest one of the run one that featured Smeargle powering through a Taunt Toxicroak (I overpredicted turn 1 thinking Toxicroak was going to Taunt - should have Roared with Krookodile) and then a Golisopod that outsped it and flinched with Rock Slide at one point. W2AG-WWWW-WWW3-MRZV

Krookodile @ Focus Sash
Intimidate
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Speed
Jolly
- Sand Attack
- Scary Face
- Low Sweep
- Roar

Uses Scary Face as much as possible before fainting. With my luck, I assume Smeargle is going to be at -5 Speed or so even 20 turns in, so I don't mess around much with the other moves. Intimidate gives Chansey a nice cushion to switch in on stuff with Explosion, priority, or sound moves that you wouldn't want to set Smeargle up against. Roar is a last resort if there's something with Contrary or whatever (Defiant/Competitive don't matter since Smeargle is getting KOed by pretty much anything that hits it regardless). Low Sweep reduces Speed in the event of Taunt - I know it gets Bulldoze too but I wanted to hit stuff like Crobat or Thundurus if they came up as a lead, plus I didn't want to accidentally do too much damage with STAB Bulldoze and KO something while getting the Sash broken. I'm sure this could be optimized much more with the spread, but I was just looking for something that had Intimidate and could lower speed reliably.

Smeargle @ Leftovers
Moody
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly
- Spiky Shield
- Substitute
- Power Trip
- Spore

When Smeargle comes in, the first four turns will be Spore, Sub, Spiky Shield, and Spiky Shield assuming no first turn wake-up and Smeargle still outspeeds the opposing lead. By then, you're likely at 100% behind a Sub with 4 turns of boosts and are able to spam Spore a bunch to pick up boosts.

If your accuracy decreases or are against a Spore immunity, you still have at least 16 turns to pick up boosts between Sub and Spiky Shield. Worst case, your accuracy sucks and you should switch to Chansey to reset the boosts and try again. Next worse case, you're at low health behind a sub and can go for the KO with a 300ish base power move. Smeargle doesn't do insane damage unless its Attack is boosted (for example, it didn't OHKO a Talonflame3 at +0 Attack when Power Trip was in the neighborhood of 500 base power), but it's going to do more than enough to finish off something that's taken a few rounds of Spiky Shield damage. Of course, much more often Smeargle will evade an attack (or ten) or the opponent will use a non-attacking move.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Natural Cure
252 Def / 4 Sp. Def / 252 Spe
Timid
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Minimize
- Soft-Boiled

Hopefully this marks the last time I ever use Chansey with Toxic in the Battle Tree, but either way it does a lot of work. It comes in on Trick Roomers, Sub bypassers, priority users, etc and emerges at full health, behind a Sub with +6 Evasion.

On the surface it looks insane to use a team with 3 Fighting weaknesses, but as far as Smeargle is concerned every single opponent might as well have Close Combat and Aura Sphere anyway, and sacrificing both Krookodile and Chansey is going to put Smeargle in a position to succeed the vast majority of the time.

Last edited:

Smuckem

5g9w wwww www3 mnza
To be fair, with a Latios waiting in the wings, you were kinda screwed no matter who you sacked to get rid of Heatran. Heatran kinda has you covered in general, it seems like--Megabro needs to be at least a little set up to deal with most of its sets. Everyone else obviously gets blasted (Pheromosa) or has to trade shots (Xurkitree).

Here's what I used from 50-100. Battle 100 is definitely the craziest one of the run one that featured Smeargle powering through a Taunt Toxicroak (I overpredicted turn 1 thinking Toxicroak was going to Taunt - should have Roared with Krookodile) and then a Golisopod that outsped it and flinched with Rock Slide at one point. W2AG-WWWW-WWW3-MRZV
Wow, Toxicroak4 actually gave a solid team some trouble...makes me want to get back to crafting my own 'croak4...

[...]
Thanks a bunch! I hushed over the post and will go in detail later what I would change/critisize, but I have two main points I have to ask immeadiately:
1. How do you get Spiky Shield on Smeargle?
2. Isn't Ingrain/Baton Pass onto a Power Trip user superior?

To be fair, with a Latios waiting in the wings, you were kinda screwed no matter who you sacked to get rid of Heatran. Heatran kinda has you covered in general, it seems like--Megabro needs to be at least a little set up to deal with most of its sets. Everyone else obviously gets blasted (Pheromosa) or has to trade shots (Xurkitree).
I just got through another run up to 83. I can't upload the battle video, but the enemy team was froslass/exeggutor/amoonguss.

I ran into heatran a few times on the way and it really wasn't that bad. There are actually not many trainers that can even have the scarf set, going by serebii. All the other sets die horribly to all-out pummeling, so it usually just died horribly when i ran into it. The scarf set is normally set-up bait- it's going to pick a fire attack vs phero or ep vs xurk, and the highest bro should ever take is 40% from either. The stat drop was unfortunate, but eh. The one that ended this run is a much bigger flaw.

In general, grass/poisons kind of wreck me. iB from phero doesn't do all that much, hjk is resisted, and u-turn abandons a sub if i have one. Xurk's only neutral move is signal beam, which is the same as a resisted tbolt almost. Basically all of them have recovery or status, which makes matters worse. I wish i could run psychic on bro, but psyshock is the only sure way to beat enemy CM, and slowbro is rarely going to outspeed and can't ohko.

I was worried about venusaur, but I somehow never ran into the mega on my way up- as a lead, i imagine it would sweep me unless i got a lucky status in. I saw the salac set a couple times, including at 50, but uturn does half to it so it was really not too bad. Shiinotic was total garbage to deal with. One of the sets has weakness policy, so you have to play around that with phero. At some point i got slowbro out on it and it spammed sap strength on me until i was at -6 for no good reason. Obviously amoonguss ended my run, so it's probably my least favorite. I don't think there is anything i could change to beat it, unless slowbro can net a kill with psychic amd outspeed with the right evs. Tangrowth is also pretty bad, but power whip actually does less than half to slowbro, so as long as you start from full you can stall for a miss with slack off. Giga drain is relatively weak and i don't think the whip set has sleep powder. It also dies a lot easier to phero or xurk.

Ghosts are also pretty annoying, but none of the ones i saw really scared me much except marowak. I saw decidueye, dhelmise, trevanent, and gourgeist a few times and they all basically did nothing. The funniest thing was setting up sub on phantom force dhelmise. Froslass is annoying with a possible miss chance, but doesn't really have offensive chops. I should've set up slowbro on the one in the last battle, but i was able to take it down without losing anything so i got cocky.

I almost lost to the mono-electric veteran just before the end. Electric spam stops slowbro from getting set up, and xurk's coverage mpves are decidely ehh. Best-case is phero gets a sub up on a twave, but a good chunk of them are all-in offense and the fliers are juat plain annoying.

I think i'll do one more run with the team as-is then look at the possibility of special phero. In 3v3s you probably aren't going to need your fighting nuke more than once very often, and ice beam was getting a lot of use. I liked having a powerful uturn, but it's more for chip to help out xurk with a ko than for coverage. Fightinium gets a 100% accuracy attack either way. The big problem is that it makes the team fully special, which is pretty bad overall. I saw regice a few times on the way up this time and chuckled, but with special phero it might be a pain. They all run bolt or thunder, so i'd have to run calcs to make sure i have an answer.

Thanks a bunch! I hushed over the post and will go in detail later what I would change/critisize, but I have two main points I have to ask immeadiately:
1. How do you get Spiky Shield on Smeargle?
2. Isn't Ingrain/Baton Pass onto a Power Trip user superior?
1. False Swipe a wild Smeargle, have it call an ally, switch in something with Spiky Shield (Togedemaru), use it, bring in Smeargle to Sketch.

2. No. You'd either be passing crappy stat drops to something or your stats are at the point that Smeargle KOs everything itself.

One thing I notice in battle tree that might be different from last gen is that if both are down to their last pokemon and after taking them out, you also die from destiny bond, it still counts as your win.
Plumeria's mega gengar did this to my mega mence and my thought my streak was over but no. It's nice to know the cpu can't pull this crap on you.
Also the battle tree is much improved over the maison. I got the 200 streak in oras super singles with the usual brain dead team of mega kanga, aegislash and dragonite but it's nice to see the difficulty and therefore the fun improved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)