[Beginner] Back to the Basics Mafia - The Many win!

Also it's like at least one of us was inspected each night. And for the record, idiotquaza, if you're a wolf or a neutral that can't win with the village, YOU DO NOT CLAIM TO THE VILLAGE. GOD YOU ARE SUCH AN IDIOT. You should have faked a role or something, and if you wanted spiffy dead so much claiming to him wouldn't have been different than just waiting until he didn't have his bg on. Also, you didn't "check TPM's loyalty" because you already declared to him that you're working with the village. And btw, I was the thief, and I actually did a really good job, stealing your axe and two ammo. But bleh, luck and idiocy from the likes of uberiffic and hfb were the biggest downfall to the monsters. So it's a shame to see people posting "you played terrible" when it was actually mostly luck based and based on the fact that THE GODDAMN WOLF SOMEHOW WORKED WITH THE VILLAGE, GAVE THEM A KILL + INSPECT AND PRACTICALLY "GAVE UP" ON NIGHT 1, OR SO HE CLAIMED. HOW THE HELL DO YOU EXPECT MAFIA TO CONTACT YOU, AND WHEN THEY DO (WHICH THEY DID) YOU DECLINE LIKE AN IDIOT SAYING "I'M HELPING THE VILLAGE OUT OF NO REASON, I CEWL (H).
I declared to him while I was still immune. If a kill failed and it wasn't a hook or anything, then he's obviously mafia. I didn't "give up", where did I say that? Also, by the time the mafia contacted me, it was far too late. If you're going to get this worked up over a beginner's mafia game... lol.

No offence, but claiming to the village as wolf pretty much translates as "kill me" and/or "I give up". Even if it wasn't said by you, it doesn't really help.

And no mafia dared to contact you because you were so devoted to the village you'd happily send logs to them, like you did the last few days.

And I'm not worked up over the game, I'm worked up because the first time I'm mafia happens when this super-powerful wolf basically FUCKS any mafia and himself by giving the village inspection results AND a night kill (something only both mafias TOGETHER had) while having incredible luck with your inspects. Seriously, this is bullshit.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I am just going to say that I played stupidly in my first mafia, as I really didn't know what exactly to do, and I thought there might be several different win conditions in a BEGINNER Mafia...DX Well anyways, this was certainly a learning experience despite my only being in the game for one cycle. I will do better with the knowledge I have gained, after all, experience is the best teacher.

My story.

N0 I saw on the irc I was being suspected. I told spiffy my role, and he pretty much stopped. I also told Badal my role (not my item) because he told me he was aipom, and could make a person repeat his role on the same person. I figured he wasn't smart enough to figure that out himself (I had never heard of something like that), so I told him. I also told HFB since he said he was asking for claims and spiffy trusted him. THen Badal, who at that point I trusted, said hfb was too, so I gave him my role (but not my item). By the way he reacted I could tell he was mafia, and told spiffy immidietly.

I posted in the thread something like "well I have a good item, but I cant use it. If anyone has something that they make and cant use, or something like that, please give it to me, or PM me". I eventually edited that out because everyone told me to, and I didnt ant to reveal my plan, which was to get the theif to try to steal my "good item", the life orb, and kill him.

Well, it turned out I told both kidnapers, and apperently got double kidnapped. I thought about godkilling myself but instead I got a pm from auraguardian said I can survive, look at the rules. I did and figured because item giving has the lowest priority, I can give my item away to someone (HFB, since I couldnt talk to anyone about who). That happened as planned, thank god.

At that point I knew I was a marked man, and pretty much played along, happy to survive. When spiffy got kidnapped, I told flamestrike to raise my priority so I could get the kill off, when last time I got thefted (didnt know about the hook). It worked, the next night I didnt have any ammo, so I tried giving someone the life orb and died. Oh well, spiffy got off a near sweep, and it wasnt that great of a game because of it. Regardless, it was a good first game, and I am still in overkill 2, so I can enjoy that until the next wave.

Blue_Tornado said:
THE GODDAMN WOLF SOMEHOW WORKED WITH THE VILLAGE, GAVE THEM A KILL + INSPECT AND PRACTICALLY "GAVE UP" ON NIGHT 1, OR SO HE CLAIMED. HOW THE HELL DO YOU EXPECT MAFIA TO CONTACT YOU, AND WHEN THEY DO (WHICH THEY DID) YOU DECLINE LIKE AN IDIOT SAYING "I'M HELPING THE VILLAGE OUT OF NO REASON, I CEWL (H).
Yay somebody already posted my feelings!

Ok so my comments on the game:

So i come and log on to smogon, and i see i'm mafia with some guys i didnt know. cool. i try to get our fakes going and we seem to be doing good. then i'm told badal accused coolking of being mafia o.o badal, you shoulnd't do that, it just puts you on the spotlight when you less need to be there... so we try to set things up so nobody finds out it was badal who told spiffy coolking should be lynched, but i dont remember what happened, and some things just didnt go off.

From there on, things went kind of smoothly, despite acklow's death, which was mostly unavoidable (dude, you never say you have a "friendly inspector" when you're mafia and its d1 and you're referring to your faction's inspector >.>) due to crappy fake and parenthesis. we all had our fakes done, some were quite good. on d3 i think we tried to get into contact with Uberiffic, Xyphang sent him a pm asking to collab before he died. no response. n2 i had to idle because of internet issues, then more monster lynches, which were starting to concern me a little.

Then it began. Xyphang died. well, a really bad loss, he was a good member. Then i was gonna be lynched, and i didnt want that to happen lol so i just tried to convince spiffy i wasnt mafia with whatever reasons sprung to my mind. I gotta say, when you started trying to negotiate with me, I almost gave up, but i kept on pushing and it paid off! so spiffy changes the lynch to B_T, who i hoped wasnt monster, but alas, he was T^T bye bye monsters.

Then one day NJ tells me Rayquaza is the wolf and somebody should contact him, should be me cause nj was going to bg me. So i do, but honestly, i had NO FUCKING IDEA the wolf would out me to the village. low blow man, LOW BLOW. so i die, and stop caring about the game when it seems the wolf just fucked up every single person in the game (including himself) barring the village.

Comments on team members:
~NJ: good player, was the one who i talked with the most, and who was the most active i think
Xyphang: also quite good. experienced by what i saw. made a good spreadsheet, and it was COLOR CODED ZOMG
Badalchristiano: didnt see much of him, except that crazy move he made early on.
Acklow: i thought he was gonna do better, but when he messed up his claim, i was like "jesus christ what did he DO!?!?!?!"

Comments on Spiffy: Good job dude, you did what you had to do and made the right decisions ^^

TO THE MANY: We (Terrible and Monsters) would have KICKED YO ASS if rayquaza hadn't been in the game =D

All in all, thanks A_G for hosting, pretty good game, and TYVVVVVVM FOR MY ROLE, i honestly looooved it!

PD: it was us who stole your life orb Rayquaza, muahahahaha :|

Rayquaza was a terrible wolf.
And I actually thought Spiffy was wolf because of his behavior until D2; I shouldn't have pushed that far, and I honestly thought that he would have vigilante kill me N1.
In retrospect, we should have contacted the Monsters sooner for collaboration. We got a monster inspect N0, N1, and N2 IIRC, so that should have been done earlier.

All in all, good game village. Great playing by Spiffy and Flamestrike.
~NJ and RaRe were also very helpful, though I never talked to badal, probably because of timezone issues, and Acklow died early so I didn't get to know him.
Monsters: Nothing to say, you guys didn't do very well, but it was mostly luck.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Before anybody says anything about my idiocy, let me tell you, what I really said to Aquamarius was that it WOULDN'T MATTER if I was lynched, not that I was lynchproof.

I enjoyed trolling some of you after i was outed. Man, Ray, getting your item stolen is one of the WORST EXCUSES EVER to side with the village. I mean, come on dude, if you are going to be so volatile with your alliance reasons, you are BOUND to lose.

AG, Ihave nothing to say against you, except for the fact that instead of randomizing everything, you probably should have placed the "experienced" people in roles before randomizing the rest. As you could see, I p.much was namekilled.

Agreeing with B_T, I don't think I'm going to join another Beginner's game for a LONG time

In retrospect, we should have contacted the Monsters sooner for collaboration. We got a monster inspect N0, N1, and N2 IIRC, so that should have been done earlier.
Another point I left out quite a lot, actually. People have basically inspected more Mosters than any other faction TOGETHER (BS HAX), but didn't even contact, and only contacted (without me knowing) after they outed our most important role imo ON DAY GODDAMN 1, and contacting our imo worst player after he was probably not giving a fuck about this game anyway. I remember HFB saying he contacted Xyphang about lynching spiffy and I did suspect you in being mafia, but was too lazy to force TPM to change his inspection targets, and funny thing is, most of the things I suggested to do to my allies (that were going to be helpful too, like actually kidnapping spiffy n0) never actually got through. I have ample examples but tbh, I don't give much of a fuck anymore, it's just a game that a wolf fucked up either way.

Another point I left out quite a lot, actually. People have basically inspected more Mosters than any other faction TOGETHER (BS HAX), but didn't even contact, and only contacted (without me knowing) after they outed our most important role imo ON DAY GODDAMN 1, and contacting our imo worst player after he was probably not giving a fuck about this game anyway. I remember HFB saying he contacted Xyphang about lynching spiffy and I did suspect you in being mafia, but was too lazy to force TPM to change his inspection targets, and funny thing is, most of the things I suggested to do to my allies (that were going to be helpful too, like actually kidnapping spiffy n0) never actually got through. I have ample examples but tbh, I don't give much of a fuck anymore, it's just a game that a wolf fucked up either way.
That's definitely true. However, Acklow was acting on his own by outing Hailflameblast, as well as giving away that we had an inspector. ._.
And HFB never contacted me. Maybe NJ?
Oh wait, it was TPM, I was pretty sure he was mafia and I wanted to get something out of him so we could collab.

I just noticed that Acklow told me that RaRe had given him the information about HFB. I trusted RaRe at the time, so I just thought that he was lying. I'm such an idiot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)