Best Users of EVIOLITE

Hey what's up,

I was browsing around and didnt find any really in-depth threads on the evo-stone, so i thought i'd give my views on the best 2 pokes with the stone, (and no, chansey isn't one of them)

So first up is dusclops, This thing is a monster. With the right ev spread, you can have 539 def AND special def, with a little investment in HP. This can take hits like a boss, and is an essential part of any team I run. Dusclops is a brillient mixed wall, and can be used to cripple incoming pokes.

Dusclops

252 DEF/ 124 sDEF/ 132 HP
Careful
Evolite
Pressure

Seismic Toss
Will-o-Wisp
Sucker Punch
Painsplit

I run the suckerpunch and painsplit, to ware down any poke, and revenge it as a last resort.

I run the Will-o to cripple incoming early game sweepers.

Seismic toss over nightshade, as it hits a larger population of common pokes.

----

Pokemon 2 that benefits greatly is scyther.

I run a heavily defensive Scyther set, with swords dance so i can easily boost up, taking any hits in my stride. After 1 or 2, i'm normally at the range to KO about anything. With this EV spread, i get around 400 DEF and sDEF, giving me plenty of bulk.

Scyther

252 DEF/ 252 sDEF/ 4 HP
Adament
Evolite
Technician

Swords Dance
Roost
X-Scissor
Aerial Ace

The roost is mainly for SR damage. I do run a spinner, but in the event it dies and I need a late game sweep. Plus, if I've got low health after setting up, i can heal up, normally surviving because of the high defences and Scyther's natural high speed.

The swords dance is to boost the attack stat. It's high already, but to OHKO things, it's really needed.

Finally, I use X-Scissor and Aerial Ace for the dual stab. Aerial ace is great for weather teams, where in sandstorm pokemon's evasion is higher, and it secures the kill.

Please leave any other pokes that take advantage of the evo-stone.

Bug Bite would be better for Technician Scyther since it's boosted to 90BP compared to X-Scissor's 80, as well as having the side effect of neutering the rare pinch/resist berry users.

I don't believe in heavily defensive poke with a x4 weakness to stealth rock.
Not having chansey on this list is also ridiculous.

pory2 is ou. not eligible.

Golbat reaches surprisingly high defenses with Eviolite; as I recall, both def and sdef in the high 300's. Poison/Flying may not have too many resists, but they're good ones; immunity to Ground and 4x fighting resist. Golbat also has a fast Roost and access to a number of strong support options. Of course you have to have a Golbat on your team which is enough for a lot of people to never use it I'm sure...

pory2 is ou. not eligible.

Golbat reaches surprisingly high defenses with Eviolite; as I recall, both def and sdef in the high 300's. Poison/Flying may not have too many resists, but they're good ones; immunity to Ground and 4x fighting resist. Golbat also has a fast Roost and access to a number of strong support options. Of course you have to have a Golbat on your team which is enough for a lot of people to never use it I'm sure...
(Insert Golbat's RBY sprite here)

Also, I don't know why you'd leave Chansey out..

Well, I'm gonna put some sets up. No pictures yet (maybe forever)

Murkrow
Eviolite
Prankster
Bold/Impish/Calm/Careful, calm is best, but bold 2nd best, other 2 is for when you don't want att drop for attacks or struggles, but more confusion damage
252HP/depends on nature but I use 4def/252sp.def
Substitute
Roost
Haze/Rain Dance/Feather Dance/Taunt/Toxic/Whirlwind/Mean Look
Haze/Rain Dance/Feather Dance/Taunt/Toxic/Whirlwind/Mean Look
A really annoying prankster set, with haze for setups etc. Sub is optional

Golbat
Eviolite
Inner Focus
Impish +Def/-SpA
252HP/252Def/4Att
Toxic
U-Turn
Brave Bird
Roost
Tank Set, the one i use, its very effective against fighting types.

Ferroseed
Eviolite
Iron Barbs
Relaxed +Def/-Spe
252HP/252Def/4SpD
0 speed ivs
Stealth Rock
Spikes
Thunder Wave/Toxic
Leech Seed
Acts just like Ferrothorn, you could have protect over one of the entry hazards for stalling. 0 speed ivs has no purpose, but its cool

Magneton
Eviolite
Magnet Pull
Bold +Def/-Att
252HP/252Def/4SpD
Substitute
Charge Beam
HP Ice/Fire
Magnet Rise/Thunderbolt/Flash Cannon
Still traps steels, but uses subcharge too boost inferior SpA. Has higher base speed to abuse if you can utilize it.

Cottonee
Eviolite
Prankster
Bold +Def/-Att
252Def/252SpD/4HP
2 Hp Ivs
Substitute
Leech Seed
Taunt/Toxic/Tickle/Endeavor/Whatever support move
Sunny Day/Safeguard/Switcheroo/Whatever support move
Whimsicott, but with better defences. Lowest hp possible with best substitute number (untested), to optimize leech seed recovery.

Hippopotas
Eviolite
Sand Stream
Impish +Def/-SpA
252Hp/252Def/4Att
Stealth Rock
Roar/Slack Off
Earthquake/Slack Off
Toxic/Slack Off
Earthquake so that it is not complete taunt bait, otherwise, it'd help for sandstorm teams

EVs havnt been changed for maximum output, but tweak it when you identify problems.
Other pokemon to consider: Tangela, Gligar, Dusclops (magnusmistro's set isnt very comprehensive), Chansey, Frillish?,Rhydon?, Lairon??, Nosepass??, Lickitung??, Klang??, Bronzor???, Whirlipede???

Kc, if you're using Eviolite 'Seed, then don't use any attacks on it. An attack might sound good, but when coming off of Azumarill's max (Thick Fat/Sap-Sipper) Attack-stat, it's not doing much.

I don't think Sap-Sipper Azumarill can touch Ferroseed, or any other Pokémon for that matter, anytime soon. You Leech Seed, Azu comes in, you switch, and your opponent's left with a 327 or maybe 436 attack Pokémon with low BP moves, and you just got your counter to that on the field.
I'd never run Azumarill without Huge Power. Never.

And I'm surprised nobody's said anything about the EV spreads in the OP. Usually you'd want HP to be maximized, specially on low HP Pokémon like Dusclops and Scyther.

I've been using a toxic stalling gligar.

Gligar @ evolite
Sand veil
Impish
252 hp 4 atk 252 def
Toxic
Roost
Taut/stealth rock
Earthquake

Why would you use Magnemite if you have Magneton.
Sorry, typo, as such, it has been edited in my post about possible sets.

And I'm surprised nobody's said anything about the EV spreads in the OP. Usually you'd want HP to be maximized, specially on low HP Pokémon like Dusclops and Scyther.
Of course we max hp stats, we do that on all defensive pokemon. However, pain split and leech seed work best with lower hp. (I will change ferroseed's ev when I decide to waste more time)

I don't think Sap-Sipper Azumarill can touch Ferroseed, or any other Pokémon for that matter, anytime soon. You Leech Seed, Azu comes in, you switch, and your opponent's left with a 327 or maybe 436 attack Pokémon with low BP moves, and you just got your counter to that on the field.
I'd never run Azumarill without Huge Power. Never.

That's.. not what I said. I said that they both have the same Base Attack (50), so people should know how weak Ferroseed is, when compared to the 92-Base-Attack Ferrothorn, who can actually deal damage.

Gligar with Rock Polish & Baton Pass
Porygon2 with BoltBeam + Recover
Ferroseed with SR & Spikes
Dusclops with WoW & Trick Room

There are so much way to use Eviolite, but i think these four (and obviously Chansey) are the only useful

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So outside the OP, no one has really mentioned much about Scyther. I have used Scyther, and he is awesome. However, he really functions differently than your average Eviolite user. This is what I use:

Scyther @ Eviolite
Technician
Jolly
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Substitute
Roost
Swords Dance
Aerial Ace

Now it might seem weird to have no defensive investment. I mean it is an Eviolite Pokemon after all. But the point of Scyther is not to be a wall, but a tank. Scyther has very good offensive stats at 110/105, but base 80 defenses are just mediocre. However, when you equip Eviolite, it is as if it has base 129 defenses, even without investment. Sub, Roost and SD allow it to set up on many common Pokemon, and those awesome defenses often let it get more than just one boost. And once he is set up, few things can take more than one or two hits from it.

I saw someone use Eviolite Scyther on youtube, honestly, it surprised me because it was incredibly sturdy..

Add a reliable spinner like Donphan.. And I think this guy can be a top threat in UU, especially with his incredible base 105 speed which outruns the base 100 legendaries which appear to be the "best" pokes currently in UU and the bug typing that hits Celebi and Mew so very hard.

I'd run max HP max speed Jolly.
Though I imagine max attack jolly works, you might not get as many opportunities to set up a swords dance without the HP investment. But you are stronger without setting up.

I'd say it's a personal preference.

I've been using a toxic stalling gligar.

Gligar @ evolite
Sand veil
Impish
252 hp 4 atk 252 def
Toxic
Roost
Taut/stealth rock
Earthquake
I'd like to add that immunity is perfectly usable in situations where you don't run sand, being immune to poison effects is just so good when you don't have leftovers to slightly counter the poison damage.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd like to add that immunity is perfectly usable in situations where you don't run sand, being immune to poison effects is just so good when you don't have leftovers to slightly counter the poison damage.
Yeah, but unfortunately Immunity requires you to give up Roost, which is all the more important when you lack lefties.

I don't believe in heavily defensive poke with a x4 weakness to stealth rock.
Not having chansey on this list is also ridiculous.
I don't use it as a defensive poke, But with this set, you can switch it in without fear of dying, THEN either roost or SD.

I find blissey is still better then chansey. I know that's an option, but I still think blissey with a higher sATT stat is more versatile.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
All this talk about Eviolite Pokemon, but no mention of my favorite abuser? Try this guy out and he won't disappoint:

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Adamant
Guts
128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 SpD
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up
- Payback / Stone Edge / Foresight

Works just like his big brother Conkeldurr, and can run all the same moves. Just as a comparision, here is the above Gurdurr compared to standard 120HP/252Atk/136SpD Conkeldurr:

Gurdurr: 343/339/309/x/252/116
Conkeldurr: 381/416/226/x/200/126

As you can see, Gurdurr loses out on HP and Attack but has much higher Defensive stats, so he can initially boost easier. Obviously, lacking Leftovers is a big turn-off since Gurdurr enjoys eating status, but he still has a very powerful Drain Punch to heal up!

Well, I'm gonna put some sets up. No pictures yet (maybe forever)

Golbat
Eviolite
Inner Focus
Impish +Def/-SpA
252HP/252Def/4Att
Toxic
U-Turn
Brave Bird
Roost
Tank Set, the one i use, its very effective against fighting types.

Ferroseed
Eviolite
Iron Barbs
Relaxed +Def/-Spe
252HP/252Def/4SpD
0 speed ivs
Stealth Rock
Spikes
Thunder Wave/Toxic
Leech Seed
Acts just like Ferrothorn, you could have protect over one of the entry hazards for stalling. 0 speed ivs has no purpose, but its cool

Magneton
Eviolite
Magnet Pull
Bold +Def/-Att
252HP/252Def/4SpD
Substitute
Charge Beam
HP Ice/Fire
Magnet Rise/Thunderbolt/Flash Cannon
Still traps steels, but uses subcharge too boost inferior SpA. Has higher base speed to abuse if you can utilize it..

EVs havnt been changed for maximum output, but tweak it when you identify problems.
Other pokemon to consider: Tangela, Gligar, Dusclops (magnusmistro's set isnt very comprehensive), Chansey, Frillish?, Rhydon?, Lairon??, Nosepass??, Lickitung??, Klang??, Bronzor???, Whirlipede???
I'll give a go at the sets that i've quoted. See what's what. I've used the ferroseed, but despite the boosted defences, ferroseed does lack a high HP stat, and the attack that power whip and gyro ball need to revenge pokes.

I also have used some of the sets that are in bold. Still prefer the 2 I've posted. The Tangela is very useful, i might put my set up there. Nosepass is not my favourite though, I prefer his evolution. With Probopass, you can trap, taunt and rape face against skarms, the poke I REALLY cannot stand.

^^ Female DW Gligar has been released, iirc.

Her brother is now Uber. Does Combusken have any chance?

Combusken @ Eviolite
Trait: Speed Boost
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Protect / Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Sky Uppercut
- Swords Dance / Rock Slide

The reason I didn't max the HP, is
1. pain split and
2. This way, you get the highest investment of both DEF AND sDEF.

^^ Female DW Gligar has been released, iirc.

Her brother is now Uber. Does Combusken have any chance?

Combusken @ Eviolite
Trait: Speed Boost
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Protect / Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Sky Uppercut
- Swords Dance / Rock Slide
Is jolly needed?

I personally don't speed-boost because of the chance of the poke i switch in getting killed right off the block, before having the chance to attack.

Zweilous is awesome, 300/300/300 defenses(ish) and hustle means he has higher attack than Hydreigon does. I just use rest, dragon tail or outrage, crunch and fire fang.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)