Bleach Discussion Thread

This page caught my attention: http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/532/6

Based on what Kaname said, could this Hollow have been created using the soul of Kaien? People have commented that Kaien and Ichigo look alike and there's no denying this "White" Hollow looks like out of bonkers Hollow 2 Ichigo.
Pretty much what I was thinking as well, Whitey impregnates Masaki or leaves some trace of his essence, then we get Ichigo eventually bearing a striking appearance to him (or if you still think shinigami can impregnate living people, that could explain the similarities of zanpakutos between isshin and ichigo, assuming they're somewhat hereditary). And it would make sense as Metastacia (the hollow that killed Kaien) was another of Aizen's creation, thus further lending truth to Aizen's statements about his role in Ichigo's creation if he used Kaien's soul after he was killed to create Whitey, and so on.

But yeah, the only hitch is, when did Kaien die exactly? The timeline is off potentially as it's not very specific as to when that happened really, we just know it's more recent than long ago like during the vizored arc. So it's more than possible...guess we'll see though after a couple of filler chapters.

Nah, probably not. Keep in mind that Isshin is a Shiba clan member, so it would make sense as to why they would look alike. Also, remember that Kaien got eaten and taken over by that hollow Mestacia, and that hollow was eaten by Aaroniero. So it wouldn't make sense for him to be here. I would assume that this is before the Kaien deal because Isshin is a captain, and we know that later on the Shiba clan had a bit of a fall out from the shinigami, when Rukia killed Kaien who was possessed.

It wouldn't make sense for Isshin to be a captain after the whole Kaien deal because the shiba clan fell out from the shinigami and royal families because of the death of Kaien.

Nah, probably not. Keep in mind that Isshin is a Shiba clan member, so it would make sense as to why they would look alike. Also, remember that Kaien got eaten and taken over by that hollow Mestacia, and that hollow was eaten by Aaroniero. So it wouldn't make sense for him to be here. I would assume that this is before the Kaien deal because Isshin is a captain, and we know that later on the Shiba clan had a bit of a fall out from the shinigami, when Rukia killed Kaien who was possessed.

It wouldn't make sense for Isshin to be a captain after the whole Kaien deal because the shiba clan fell out from the shinigami and royal families because of the death of Kaien.
That's not entirely true, I don't recall it being specifically stated anywhere that Kaien's death was the cause of the Shiba clan's fall from grace. I think it ties to Isshin here along with Masaki, remember shinigami and Quincy aren't friends at all here, and there's still the whole "how did Isshin lose his powers and captaincy" bit here too, which I think adds up for a bigger fall from grace than being killed by a hollow.

I thought it was implied Isshin lost his powers the same way ichigo did by using a variant of the final getsuga, if they don't detail that here I think it's a fair conclusion, isshin should be detailing ichigos mom this isn't really supposed to be his personal flashback given the context

Yeah, but remember how Kukaku said that "uncle" would be upset that Ichigo would go to the royal realm? She was probably referring to Isshin, so if he's the uncle, then how is Kaien, who is brothers with Ganju older than his uncle?

Yeah, but remember how Kukaku said that "uncle" would be upset that Ichigo would go to the royal realm? She was probably referring to Isshin, so if he's the uncle, then how is Kaien, who is brothers with Ganju older than his uncle?
I'm not really following how Kaien would be older than Isshin, but regarding uncles being younger than you, but it's more than possible. My friend had an aunt that was younger than he was since she was born late for example.

jrp

Banned deucer.
interesting chapter. Masaki seems to be falling for Isshin right now and she appears to have absorbed the hollow somehow.

i'm interested in how they'll make her die against a weak hollow

Kubo is most likely going to shit on what was previously confirmed, I guess

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i'm interested in how they'll make her die against a weak hollow
Masaki's death will probably be a major plot point as Kubo progresses through the arc. I'm still curious as to how the Shiba clan was tossed from grace, since it seems that Isshin has good standing with Yamamoto, as evidenced by what we've seen so far. For that, I've come up with a theory I'm pretty sure a couple hundred Bleach fans have come up with before today: Isshin abdicates his post to run off with Masaki five years after the incident with Whitey. This leads Ryūken to marry Katagiri, who then gives birth to Uryū close to the day Masaki gives birth to Ichigo. Thanks to his parents, Uryū no longer has the potential Ryūken once had, due to him being a mix of a Mischlinge and a Reinbluteigen Quincy.

My crackpot theory explains why Ryūken thinks of Uryū as weak, and why the Shiba clan fell in disgrace. Anyways, let's see what Kubo brings as Bleach moves along.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
it would be nice if kubo did... y'know some actual plot advancement every once in a while.

i suppose urahara will make everything better like always. he owns.

Juha Bach for Ryuuken's father?
Extremely unlikely, remember Uryuu learned all he knows from his grandfather, ergo Ryuuken's father since Ryuuken inherited his cross when he died and Mayuri got his specimen. So unless there's some shit/lame retcon to it being his maternal grandfather, probably not.

What is odd is why he hasn't been shown yet, considering Uryuu's grandfather had the one idea of being a "first response" for hollow incidents until shingami arrived, he at the least sounded more benevolent and not a hardliner like Ryuuken's mother, himself, or pretty much most of the Ishida related people so far seen.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think that Urahara's Hogyokū will come into play sometime soon and stabilize Masaki much like what it did for the Visoreds in the Turn Back the Pendulum mini-arc.

There. I said it.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
This explains quite a bit, but it didn't explain how Isshin knew about the Saigo no Getsuga Tenshō. Either way, I loved this chapter and was not disappointed.

tehy

Banned deucer.
So, uh, first time posting here. I had already read all the manga, then I watched the entire anime and finished with the manga (After some time)

Anyhow, ^, but am I the only one who wished that it was just:

Masaki becomes Hollow->isshin has to defeat her to save her->uses final getsuga?

Considering as he notes he has an attack that makes him lose all his powers, and he...lost all his powers, it's kind of anticlimactic that he didn't USE it. Especially since the whole 'shell' thing didn't need to be a thing.

In the same vein, Unohana being Kenpachi was just... what. Not sure why it wasn't just a member of the Zero squadron, who then goes on to not die and return to the palace. And then apparently untrained child zaraki>Fully trained super old Shikai Unohana Kenpachi? Really??

Bull of Heaven

Considering as he notes he has an attack that makes him lose all his powers, and he...lost all his powers, it's kind of anticlimactic that he didn't USE it. Especially since the whole 'shell' thing didn't need to be a thing
That would have opened another plot hole though. The power loss from that attack seems to be permanent, barring the extraordinary effort from Soul Society to bring Ichigo back, and we know that Isshin's powers aren't permanently lost. I don't see how Isshin could recover from Final Getsuga after leaving Soul Society without it seeming incredibly forced, not that this would necessarily stop Kubo.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
lol damn... i really need to stop reading every week expecting it to be halfway decent again

I skipped through this thread because inb4 spoiler alert
---
What`s everyones favourite Bleach characters?
mines Ichimaru, Ulquiorra, Nel and Hollow Bankai Ichigo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)