Bleach Discussion Thread

So, guess this is uh, demon form? At face value his bankai is pretty much like Ichigo, a compression of power that gives him even more insane strength, enough to even slice Gerald in two. Whether that will kill him due to the M, guess that's for next week. Probably not though.

Guess Zaraki needs to do the same thing Renji and Ichigo did and get a proper Assuichi or whatever...he didn't even say the name of his bankai and according to Bleach logic: "If you don't say the name, you can fully use your [insert the name of whatever]"

Guess Zaraki needs to do the same thing Renji and Ichigo did and get a proper Assuichi or whatever...he didn't even say the name of his bankai and according to Bleach logic: "If you don't say the name, you can fully use your [insert the name of whatever]"
I thought most people just said bankai when unleashing it, they only go through the release command if it's a shikai I thought.

And just when I thought Bleach was coming a little out of the stupid... shit's gone off the deep end.
This pretty much >.>

Overall disappointing, though you'd figure they'd pull a bs stunt to give someone other then Kenpachi the kill.

Last edited:

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I mean, this chapter was so ridiculously bad...

Zaraki going Bankai was probably one of the most epic things that could have happened in Bleach, and he actually wrote it up pretty well over the last two chapters. To have it epic-ly fail here is just so terrible... and I hate Kubo writing in these incredibly lame-ass excuses whenever Zaraki loses these days (oh, I released too much of your power, whoops! fuck off).

Look, I get the desire to give Zaraki screen time and make him fight-- he's one of the most popular characters. But his fan base loves him because he's basically invincible and never makes excuses. So making him lose and having lame-ass excuses for it shits on the whole purpose of having him fight anyway. The only ways to do a Zaraki fight correctly are:
a) have him easily destroy his opponent
b) have him win but be within an inch of his life (this is the route you take if you want to keep him out of future fights)

there is no c) have him lose and make pitiful excuses for it. Not without being just plain terrible writing.

Also, there is absolutely no need at all to showcase Hitsugaya. I'll just say it: If Hitsugaya has any real fans, they're middle school girls, and he's purely liked for his looks. There is seriously nothing else redeeming about the character.

For all the time the series has spent on Hitsugaya, almost to the point of making him like a sub-main character at times, he's still completely bland as a character and devoid of any development or personality of redeeming quality.

As if Bleach can't get any more retarded. This is just simply fanservice for Hitsugaya fans.

To be honest, there is one thing I am split on. On one hand, this is a good time for Hitsugaya to beat a non-low level fighter in a battle without almost drying in a proper fight.
It is like all his most powerful moves are getting nullified by bullshit like shouting making the earlier epic moments look pathetic.
But on the other hand, Hitsugaya already fought too many times already, I am tired seeing his bankai and buffs that don't do jack shit at the end. Why not make somebody like Shinji fight for a change and not get one shotted which happened consistently this arc.

Meh, considering cutting him in half and blowing off his head before that wasn't enough to kill Gerald, I doubt freezing him and then splitting him up into some thousands of tiny chunks won't kill him either unless this someone interferes with his powers to regenerate.

Besides silly Hitsugaya, almost every time he tries to freeze someone to finish them off, they always escape, just look at Haribel fight.

To be honest, I thought the latest chapter was really good. Hitsugaya was actually doing a lot of useful stuff instead of using a finishing move only and the chapter contained some good teamwork between the 3 captains.

Hope that doesn't end up like all the other "major" fights from Hitsugaya not containing Fractions like with Luppi or Haribel.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As if Bleach can't get any more retarded. This is just simply fanservice for Hitsugaya fans.

To be honest, there is one thing I am split on. On one hand, this is a good time for Hitsugaya to beat a non-low level fighter in a battle without almost drying in a proper fight.
It is like all his most powerful moves are getting nullified by bullshit like shouting making the earlier epic moments look pathetic.
But on the other hand, Hitsugaya already fought too many times already, I am tired seeing his bankai and buffs that don't do jack shit at the end. Why not make somebody like Shinji fight for a change and not get one shotted which happened consistently this arc.
Or we could go with the best option, C, and skip these fights that don't mean fucks against opponents we don't give fucks about (because they haven't been developed in any way that we'd give fucks about) and skip to Ichigo vs Yach because frankly none of this is at all consequential or meaningful in any way.

To be honest, I thought the latest chapter was really good. Hitsugaya was actually doing a lot of useful stuff instead of using a finishing move only and the chapter contained some good teamwork between the 3 captains.

Hope that doesn't end up like all the other "major" fights from Hitsugaya not containing Fractions like with Luppi or Haribel.
My above comment still fully applies.

Edit: then again, if I was going to bitch if I didn't get content with substance or meaning, I shouldn't be reading Bleach...

Last edited:

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Much like Fairy Tale, Bleach has gone down a similar path and I have to agree with Chou. I don't even remember what the fuck is happening and don't honestly care at the moment. Just skip to the end fight and I'd be sold.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Gerard is still alive. Eh.

Uryu is still alive. Eh.

Kurosaki and Inoue vs. Ywach. Huh...

Interesting to see Ywach's dream. OG fake Zangetsu!

phantom

Banned deucer.
LOL this manga is literal ass. I regret ever getting into it. I just hope it ends soon without getting more any more stupid.

Guess I don't have to explain why I am disappointed. To think after such a great beginning in the manga that I would be disappointed this consistently.
I am getting terrible flashbacks of what happened in Dragon Ball during the Buu Saga. Only that there is a delay in chapters every 4-7 weeks because shit like golden week, Kubo being consistently ill or whatnot.
Sometimes I wonder if Kubo bought a fanfic writter as an editor...that would explain a lot.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Guess I don't have to explain why I am disappointed. To think after such a great beginning in the manga that I would be disappointed this consistently.
I am getting terrible flashbacks of what happened in Dragon Ball during the Buu Saga. Only that there is a delay in chapters every 4-7 weeks because shit like golden week, Kubo being consistently ill or whatnot.
Sometimes I wonder if Kubo bought a fanfic writter as an editor...that would explain a lot.
I really wish Bleach ended with Ichigo losing his powers post beating Aizen. I honestly feel like that was the original ending because he had been the bad guy behind everything, and it seemed so final. If Kubo really wanted to keep printing money, he could have done a spin off with Ichigo's children or his younger sister or something, this is just so stale and ridiculous :(

no comment on Ichigo flirting with Inoue?

Ships have never been really strong in Bleach, not even the IchigoxRukia ship....

Anyway, the f*ck with gerald? miracles never ending? he's been shit to pieces a few times now but still comes back.... hope they don't resort to some shitty method like they did with sniper/angel guy to kill him. But by the look of it they will 'coz brute force seems to not be working (maybe aizen can figure out something from his comfy chair)

...how Kubo choose which fight to show/draw? only one fight with the zero division was show (and not even the one I was looking for, skull hands hottie) and ichigo and uryu getting beated off screen seems weird to me.

also a lot of cliffhangers... we would need 100 more chapters to pick them all, remember that The Fourth shinobi war lasted for 3 years...

Nobody I know likes Inoue, she does not really do anything relevant. Everytime somebody needs to get healed, somebody else already does it, her powers get rejected or she flat out doesn't do anything when a character really needs to be in a shape to fight.
Though, she did more "relevant" stuff than Chad did...

Last edited:
Didn't even know the last chapter was out 2 days ago, was assuming that golden week crap was going to delay it until tomorrow.

Anyways agreeing with all the ehs, Orihime is just going to get in the way against Bach anyways unless killing her triggers ichigo's ultimate berserk button.

And of course Gerald isn't dead, his power is becoming as dumb as the Immaginary or whatever the hell Gremmy had, without the weakness of an assistant the star lucahdor had. Maybe we will get vizards bankais to help finish off Gerald.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)