Tournament BLT VIII: Finals (Won by Turffield Turtwigs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaJ.Shoot

Keep It Simple
LCPL Champion
1627229214991.png

S/o lei for the beautiful logo! .
Approved by Aethernum
WEEK 1 I WEEK 2 I Week 3 I Week 4 I WEEK 5 I WEEK 6 I WEEK 7 I Semi Finals

Welcome to the finals of BLT VIII! For this year's format, teams will be fighting in a round robin where every team will play every other team. At the end of the round robin, the top four teams will move on to the playoffs where the first seed will play the fourth seed and the second seed will play the third seed to determine who will be this year’s finalists. A win will be worth 2 points, a draw 1, and a loss 0. Obviously, play on PS! (preferably main or smogtours server). Series are played in a best-of-one.

Basic Tournament Rules - you absolutely should read this, especially if you're new to forum tournaments

Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not to your team, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. A bit of friendly banter is ok, but please know where to draw the line. Think before you type, pleas

Scheduling and Activity Wins: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS. You will have one week from the posting of the week's matches to get it done, and I will not be granting any extensions for any reasons. If your opponent is not responding to your post on their wall, cannot be found on PS, or miss multiple scheduled times, make a detailed activity post in the thread letting me know why you deserve the win. No activity post means no activity call. As long as you have visible attempts at scheduling (such as wall posts), you will be f

Disconnections and Timer: A timer loss is a loss. No if's, and's, or but's about it. If your opponent is nice enough to replay that's fine, but they are by no means obligated

Ghosting and Identity: Don't take or give battle advice or make moves based solely on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught, and you will be disqualified from this season as well as future PS! tournaments (BLT, PSPL, etc.

Substitutions: Managers are free to substitute out inactive players at any point during the week with any subs they chose during the draft. Be sure to post in the thread when making a substitute

MATCHUPS

1627229319351.png
1627229333356.png
1627229344081.png

Lavender Laprases (4) vs Turffield Turtwigs (6)

Ubers: velvet vs Blimax
OU: Not Miyan vs myjava
OU: henguinie vs Harshal_08
UU: queso vs 100%GXE
RU: Mac3 vs Wubben
NU: Xiri vs TeamCharm
PU: tlenit vs Decem
LC: Surfy vs Serene Grace
DOU: Zoaw vs mammalu
Monotype: ChessRobot vs Maki
Deadline for this week is August 1st 11:59 PM GMT -5. Good luck!

Attachments

Last edited:

Crunchman

Banned deucer.
Ubers: velvet vs Blimax - Perhaps velvet is getting into the swing of things. Blimax doesn't seem to have quite grasped the tier yet.
OU1: Not Miyan vs myjava - I've seen little action from miyan while myjava has proven to be a competent ou player.
OU2: henguinie vs Harshal_08 - Harshal has been performing very well, hard to bold against.
UU: queso vs 100%GXE - Queso has been performing extremely well, but it's still hard to bold against GXE, who also stopped RoyalReloaded when he was flaming hot.
RU: Mac3 vs Wubben - Wubben has yet to prove himself.
NU: Xiri vs TeamCharm - This is an absolute beast of a matchup between two top tier NU players; sorry pal but Xiri has more history at this point and while both have had excellent performances this BLT Xiris is slightly better.
PU: tlenit vs Decem - This is an interesting game between two great players but this is tlenit's tier.
LC: Surfy vs Serene Grace - It will be interesting to see how both players fare under a no-vull meta. This could be Surfy's chance to upend SG, but on the other hand Serene is known for innovation.
DOU: Zoaw vs mammalu - A matchup between two strong DOU players who were both severely underestimated at the beginning of BLT. Looks to be interesting; I would probably have to bold mammalu here just for the stronger team support.
Mono: ChessRobot vs Maki - Hard to bold against ADV 1v1 goat Maki. (Although ChessRobot has had quite the run too).
Bonus because this is a tie:
Tiebreaker:
Lappies' weakest tiers look to be Mono, UU, and OU. Turts probably choose uu. (GoatXE)
Turt's weakest tiers are probably Ubers, RU, PU; I'd imagine the lappies pick RU
UU: Xiri vs 100%GXE - Make managers more expensive lol
RU: Mac3 vs TeamCharm - TC will be playing out of his tier, but Mac3 hasn't looked as good compared to the rest of the RU pool (which is very strong, granted), and TC has proven himself in lower tiers.
OU1: queso vs Blimax - Blim is too good not to bold.

LAPPIES TO WIN IT ALL??

Last edited:

Eeveekid10

Whether to uturn or eq the heatran?
Good luck to all of you 30 highly respectable players who were part of a campaign which was able to reach the fight for the finals of such a big tour

Good luck to all the 20 players who are going to fight for their teams

And hats off to the managers who were able to lead the teams in such a great way that they made it to the finals

And here are the matches which are deserved to be seen by everyone who aspires to become good in competetive pokemon
Velvet vs Blimax
Not Miyan vs myjava
henguinie vs Harshal_08
queso vs 100%GXE
Mac3 vs Wubben
Xiri vs TeamCharm
tlenit vs Decem
Surfy vs Serene Grace
Zoaw vs mammalu
Chessrobot vs Maki
Which means that all of these matches will be remembered in the history of BLT!

At last, I would love to congratulate all the players and the 16 managers for doing so well in such a big tourney while also being such big assets for the smogon community.

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
1627238025973.png

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
well this sucks. really thought we were gonna win and if we were going to lose cant say thats quite how I wanted it to go down. however shit happens and in the game we play you cant always have the holy trifecta of good playing, good luck and good matchup. this week kinda felt like we were playing on a backfoot, something always seemed to happen. which is really unfortunate, we had a great regular season and then to lose in semis blows. i feel especially to blame for us losing because a) i recommended the team that lost us OU tiebreak and b) i didnt play ou tiebreak due to a misunderstanding with whether i wanted to play or not (dont meme about playing bad folks) :psycry: . would that have changed anything? who knows. but i feel awfully stupid right now. anyway moping aside, for my first team tour i had a fucking blast. i came into this not being sure if I was even going to be able to actively play due to health reasons then came out with a 6-2 record. not only that but i met some great people that i would have no met otherwise. im proud to announce me being the person I am and memeing a shit ton only got me in trouble once! i want to thank some people who helped my individual success and made this tour fun to partake in, mass tags incoming but with this being my first team tour i might as well.

kythr PA i want to thank the both of you for drafting me, i couldnt have asked for a better manager pair (fuck you gxe lol). i understand i can be a somewhat controversial figure in the tours room tour scene, so when i qualified for the draft i honestly thought theyd find some way to take me out of the tour or id get paired with some super over the top serious managers that would put a leash on me and id only show up to post my team and play. but as we hit the second week i realized how great of duo you two were, not only are yall super helpful but with the two of you being as easy going as you were I feel that really helped the environment. despite me being the idiot i am, i honestly hate talking to new people and being part of a community nowadays but you guys made me feel like part of the team which I really appreciate. there was a reason we posted the fast and furious meme after all. like i said before, hope i was well worth the 5k (overpay tbh) and i wish the both of you nothing but success with future tours whether youre managing or playing.

Reje starting with you because this gonna hurt the most. never thought the person i would get along with the most in a team chat would be a fucking ubers player (bad meta). youre funny as fuck bro, cant believe we carried the comedy for 8 whole weeks. you're a great guy, talking to you was super easy and our comedic chemistry was amazing. the comedy duo having to disband might be worse than losing this tour. i hope you find some peace in your life bro, and i really hope we can team again sometime down the line. if you ever wanna talk just message me. vetodeez.

Hockey1 i wouldnt have had the success I did without you. the run downs of my games early weeks really helped me step up. your were a great partner to have in ou and i wouldnt have asked for anybody else. i hope youre not too down on yourself about your personal record, as a duo, youre to blame for my record as much as i am for yours. i wish i couldve done some better prep for you or something. i still feel bad that most of the games you lost were with teams i gave you. but we were in this together and i really hope to team with you again. good luck in classic buddy.

SpookyZ Skypenguin ThirdStrongestMole Gomi curiosity Ox the Fox just gonna tag the support that helped me the most in particular because we ended up having 8 billion near the end of the tour. while half of you arent actually in the teamchat and some helped me more than others yall still getting clumped together because anything yall contributed helped me a shit ton. thanks for all of the ideas, teams and tests. without the great friends i got i wouldnt have gotten the record i got. not much else to add cause i know all of you but about half you are likely going to get messages complaining about olt in the next week. sorry if i left anybody out of this one but im tagging the people who helped me for the majority of weeks ;-;

blce team mascot and overall punching bag. thanks for hosting the fight nights and the game nights we did. it really helped with the team chemistry a ton.

lvl100Blaziken testing punching bag lmao but fuck toxtricity. (shut up Roginald)

Mishimono mish. (this isnt a thank you, its a threat)

Pokeslice thanks for going out of your way to help NU big thankiesfrom mcspankies send me bad teams.

bb skarm thanks for helping uu despite how busy youve been. it was nice seeing you around and talking to ya.

Kyotoshi Kaguya Lys Ninja mets3569 Pokemonerxyz Ron...5 Karnisbroke Let's Rumble Shall We while we may have not had the most interactions it was great meeting and teaming with all of you. i hope to see you guys around and hopefully team again in the future.

TeamCharm p4P1//0n Crunchman TheGreenRoman e~t~h~e~y FatFighter2 Sificon sifi sucks am i right

finally thank you RaJ.Shoot for hosting and fuck you 100%GXE (go turts)

the past 8-9 weeks have been great, maybe see yall in tlt. for now, cya tours room.

5g7981.jpg

Last edited:
Clown predicts: Predicting multiple upsets to happen here

GL to everyone and thanks for making this an incredible BLT

Gray

stop ballcapping
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion

blce

can you see me?
a huge thank you to the roserades family for letting me be a part of the team experience. even if i wasn't actually on the team, you guys really welcomed me; i know that even if i haven't been in a lot of teams so far, this team had one of the best teamcords ever. it was an honour and a pleasure that i was able to make and gather emotes and plan out game/fight nights for you guys, and i'm thankful that i got to help out as much as i did. i hope that i made the blt experience better for you guys by being around. i honestly had so much fun with all of you and i wish everyone good luck in future endeavours and hope that we can meet again in another team!

i'm really proud of everyone on the team and i know that you are all finals (and winner) material. watching everyone play and prep was such a great learning experience for me and seeing all the work you all put in come back around made me really happy to me a part of it all. you are all such awesome players and teammates, keep it up - know that you all can go on to become even greater players.

shoutouts to Baloor Reje kythr PA Pokeslice bb skarm SpookyZ Karnisbroke mets3569 Kyotoshi Kaguya Lys Ninja Ron...5 RaJ.Shoot lvl100Blaziken 100%GXE p4P1//0n Surfy Sificon (SO SORRY SIFI) Hockey1 Mishimono you guys were awesome and i'm glad that it feels like i made new friends and memories! sorry if i missed anyone here.

until next blt!

Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 8.32.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 8.35.50 PM.png

[19:52] kythr: hi
[19:52] kythr: im ready whenever
[19:52] Mack knife: soup

Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 7.50.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 7.51.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 7.52.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 8.21.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 8.23.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 7.54.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 7.56.30 PM.png

baloor (milfhunter) — Today at 12:05
“Cant believe that game came down to a coin flip”
“What, I wrecked you”
“It was a 50/50 either I won or I lost”

gartic 1.gif

album_1f9ptv30h.gif

album_1fau16jga.gif

album_1fau15btj.gif

my first time doing predicts ever

tiebreaks (thanks Trade for having the same selection so i could c/p everything)
OU: tlenit vs myjava
UU: Mac3 vs 100%GXE

Last edited:

Mellow1004

Banned deucer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

:Gengar: We are finally there, the Grand Final ! The ultimate dedication. All efforts, thinking and strategy can finally stop but for that we will have to provide a last effort to eliminate one last time our enemy and those for good in order to live in peace. :Gengar:

:BW/Lapras: WELCOME TO FINALS Of BLT ! :BW/Turtwig:

:SS/Lapras: Lavender Laprases :SS/Lapras: (4) vs (6) :SS/Turtwig: Turffield Turtwigs :SS/Turtwig:

Ubers: velvet vs Blimax | Match :Turtwig:
OU: Not Miyan vs myjava | Match :Lapras:
OU: henguinie vs Harshal_08 | Match :Turtwig:
UU: queso vs 100%GXE | Match :Turtwig:
RU: Mac3 vs Wubben | Match :Lapras:
NU: Xiri vs TeamCharm | Match :Turtwig:
PU: tlenit vs Decem | Match :Lapras:
LC: Surfy vs Serene Grace | Match :Lapras:
DOU: Zoaw vs mammalu | Match :Turtwig:
Monotype: ChessRobot vs Maki | Match :Turtwig:

:BW/Turtwig: CONGRATULATION TEAM TURTWIG !!! :BW/Turtwig:

:Lugia: It is also time for me to make my last movement so it's time for thanks. Thank you to the organizers, Thank you to all the participants and congratulations on their qualification, thank you to everyone who supported me with their appreciation, thank you to everyone who watched the matches every week and thank you to everyone who leaves the future will watch this event. Thank you all for playing the game and posting your replays during the entire tournament and a big thank you to everyone for taking the time to watch the matches, each more extraordinary than the last. :Lugia:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------​

:Sunflora: You can find all the weeks here :Sunflora:

- Week 1 :
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/blt-viii-week-1.3684880/#post-8865405
- Week 2 : https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/blt-viii-week-2.3685265/#post-8872726
- Week 3 : https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/blt-viii-week-3.3685747/#post-8880198
- Week 4 : https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/blt-viii-week-4.3686147/#post-8887214
- Week 5 : https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/blt-viii-week-5.3686469/#post-8893825
- Week 6 : https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/blt-viii-week-6.3686812/#post-8900530
- Week 7 : https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/blt-viii-week-7.3687241/#post-8908308
- Semi-Finals : https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/blt-viii-semi-finals.3687564/#post-8914982

:Dragonite:Thank you very much really thank you for all posting your match replays - This will leave an eternal mark on all future players who one day discover this relic and your names will be forever marked in Pokémon history ! Together ! let us write down our eternal youth and show them our power ! :Dragonite:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capture d’écran (25).png

Last edited:
It was a pleasure being on the roserades. Shoutout Kythr and PA (dk how to tag y'all) for having faith in me and not letting me go for the min bid(overpaid btw) Never thought I'd find friends on this site when I joined a few months ago. Everyone grinder their asses off from the players to the support. It was an awesome experience to be a part of. Too bad my fun on this sight seems to have peaked 4 months into my career. Gl to the rest of the team in the future and thanks for welcoming this noob into the team.

predicting the most important tour on the site isn't easy

Ubers: velvet vs Blimax Youtube sensation=God mode + velvet's poor
OU: Not Miyan vs myjava cooler name fasho
OU: henguinie vs Harshal_08 also a cooler name
UU: queso vs 100%GXE - dude took names 2 uupls ago
RU: Mac3 vs Wubben - Rising RU guy and is the better player here for sure
NU: Xiri vs TeamCharm - xiri is more consistent fasho unless tc brings crack
PU: tlenit vs Decem - will slightly edge the PU vet in tlenit i trust what he's been cooking up in the lab
LC: Surfy vs Serene Grace - Serene's overall the better player and better builder obvious choice here
DOU: Zoaw vs mammalu - I've heard mammalu's name more often on this site
Monotype: ChessRobot vs Maki - bolding maki here unfortunately but such is life. he will have matchup or hax his oppo in this game tho

Ubers: velvet vs Blimax: I don't think Velvet will win but I hope it.
OU: Not Miyan vs myjava: Better player but this will be close. I saw improvements by Miyan over last year when we was in the same team.
OU: henguinie vs Harshal_08: as I said Ban drizzle lol is another player in Mono.
UU: queso vs 100%GXE: I like Cheese in DOU, not so much here. GXE is probably the best player in this tour and he's probably in his best tier.
RU: Mac3 vs Wubben: Du gamla du fria
NU: Xiri vs TeamCharm: Close but Xiri is really a good player.
PU: tlenit vs Decem: I don't understand why great players don't play their best tiers.
LC: Surfy vs Serene Grace: I like Surfy but this is too much hard.
DOU: Zoaw vs mammalu:
Monotype: ChessRobot vs Maki: I didn't know him but he showed good things. Maki played a great tour but I consider him overrated in Mono.

4-6

Mack Knife

Future 50th President
predicting the most important tour on the site isn't easy
I agree with every syllable.

S/O to stitchuu, pokeart, and esm for awesome predicts every week.

Lavender Laprases (6) vs Turffield Turtwigs (4)

Ubers: velvet vs Blimax - More than 100 stealth Blissey attacks baffle one Turffield homeowner and police.
TURFFIELD , GALAR -- An 85-year-old Turffield man's home has become the target of mysterious Blisseying attacks that began in June 2021 and haven't stopped. The continuous onslaught of Blisseys has baffled police, neighbors and local government officials who have tried and failed to identify the source of the attacks that have ruined the man's home and kept his family on edge. "The accuracy is phenomenal," Albert Blimax, Sr. said. "Because almost every time when it's nice weather and they launch five or six of these at a time, they almost invariably hit the front door." Blimax's green two-story house sits on the corner of Turtwig Avenue and East 210th Street. He and his wife bought the home as newlyweds about 60 years ago. Though his wife has since passed away, Blimax still lives there with his 49-year-old daughter and 51-year-old son. The house has been pelted with Blisseys several times a week -- sometimes more than once a day -- for the past year. The attacks always happen after dark and last around 10 minutes each. The family has been awoken as late as 2 a.m. by what sounds like the crack of a gunshot against the aluminum siding or front door. Blimax and police believe the Blisseys are being launched from a block or two away. The siding on the front of Blimax' home is destroyed, splattered with dried Blissey residue that stripped off the paint. Other than a few rogue Blisseys that hit nearby homes, no other neighbors have been targeted. "Somebody is deeply, deeply angry at somebody in that household for some reason," Turffield Lt. Mitch Raj.shoot said. Winter offered a short respite for the family, as the Blisseying became less frequent during the cold weather. But both Blimax and police anticipate the attacks picking back up as the snow and ice thaw. An unsolved mystery Turffield police have not taken the investigation lightly. They've spent a year doing undercover stakeouts, canvassing the neighborhood and even sending Blissey-corpses for testing. The department's entire community policing unit was dedicated to tracking down the Blisseyers at one point. Officers respond quickly to every Blisseying call at the home -- which is less than a mile from the police station. Both Blimax and detectives are at a dead end when it comes to suspects. Blimax had suspicions about a young man across the street who confronted him a couple years ago and asked him to stop calling police about suspicious activity in the neighborhood. Blimax said that he had started calling police more often as he noticed more crime -- mostly suspected drug activity. Another neighbor Blimax suspected was ruled out when officers saw him standing outside as an attack occurred in the presence of police. Investigators have taken several different approaches to nabbing the Blisseyers, including installing a surveillance camera on the house. Detectives even collected some Blisseyshell samples and tested them in a crime lab. The Blisseys were traced back to a local Amish farm, but the trail ended there. Blimax says the culprits either have access to a large supply of Blisseys or are stealing them from businesses that throw them out when they go bad. Detectives have followed this thread, visiting local restaurants and businesses asking about missing Blisseys. They've also tried collecting fingerprints from Blissey-corpses, but Raj.shoot said that's an impossible task. When an Blissey faints, it releases proteins that destroy DNA. Officers have gone door to door questioning neighbors and handing out fliers. Nobody has come forward with any tips. "The person or people who are doing it have remained very tight-lipped apparently," Raj.shoot said. "I would imagine it would be hard to keep a secret of something that had been done hundreds of times and for nobody to step forward to talk about it." The guilty parties don't appear to be intimidated by police interest in the case. An officer last year was taking a report when a barrage of Blisseys was launched at the house. One hit him in the foot. Raj.shoot said he's never seen this level of vandalism in his 20 years of police work. It's frustrated the whole department, which has dedicated hundreds of hours toward solving the Blisseying mystery. "The man hours put into that investigation were huge and one of the reasons it's so frustrating that we don't have somebody right now that we can criminally charge," Raj.shoot said. The culprits will face charges of felony vandalism and criminal damaging, Raj.shoot said. Additional charges could be tacked on if investigators find evidence that the attacks are a hate crime. The search continues Blimax is waiting until the perpetrators are caught before he repairs the tarnished siding. His insurance company is refusing to settle a claim until the guilty party is found. He said he used to clean up after each attack, but it became so frequent that he couldn't keep up. Police initially offered a $500 reward for information, but bumped it up to $1,000 after nobody came forward. That money is still up for grabs. "We're not going to let it go," Raj.shoot said. "We'll continue to put effort into it until we figure something out." Despite all the torment, Blimax said he'd never consider moving from his beloved home. "I like the neighborhood," Blimax said. "I like the town of Turffield . I would live and die in this house -- but it's been kind of a nightmare."
OU1: Not Miyan vs myjava - Get some java on your face for not miyaning your own business. Who's java? Not you java not his java not even the java buut my java (Which is myjava's java).
OU2: henguinie vs Harshal_08 - I, like everyone else, have often wondered how good harshal_08 would be if he was harshal_09. I will concede however that he is quite better than Harshal_07 and perhaps he can whip out the verse "I am Harshal_08 and you are more like Harshal_0LATE" to henguinie.
UU: queso vs 100%GXE - Why doing research I found out that eating cheese is sexist???? (god damnit peta!!) So if gxe is gonna win this I guess we have to ask if he is sexist or not. And while I believe he is a class act and all, I already had him bolded before I made this prediction. He melts the cheese and doesn't eat it maybe.
RU: Mac3 vs Wubben - The fuq is that pfp wubben. Ye Mace wins this for sure.
NU: Xiri vs TeamCharm - TeamCharm is ready to fire up the engines and melt xiri once and for all. I am a huge tc fan btw.
PU: tlenit vs Decem -
Screenshot 2021-07-26 080905.png
I will sell it to you for the price of free if you win this. If not I require 20 everstones soaked in crushed rare candy.
LC: Surfy vs Serene Grace - Surfy is on laprases. Lapras is the mon everyone thinks of when you think of riding a pokemon over water. Historically you have to use surf to go over water in pokemon games. idk if I made this connection before. Anyway a giant wave of lapraes is gonna tople sg over. It is not sg it is gg.
DOU: Zoaw vs mammalu - For the unscrupulous among us, the constrainable pestering of average everyday conscious being can be quite exhaustible. Thus we have to turn to games for high satisfaction. In this game we see zoaw of the lapras against mammalu of the turtwig. Let not this distract you from the fact that kurenai tried to use genjutsu on itachi. Zoaw will win.
Mono: ChessRobot vs Maki - This guy is the best find of BLT. I am hoping he wins and looking forward to more to come.

ima hibernate until TLT, c-ya guys in a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)