Bouffalant

I was SO PISSED Afro-Break didn't make it through translation.

BUT they did give us "Big Pecks" so... lol.... I forgive them. XD Instead of having the heart of a Pigeon.... our bird pokemon can prevent their attack from falling by utilizing their big pecs as a shield!

a SD afro bull would partner well on a trickroom team with 0 Ivs in speed with Reuniclus. They have great synergy~

I know over and over again it has been said to not compare him to Tauros... but aside from the slight difference in stat distribution, and a different ability, he seems exactly the same to me.

It kind of feels like the difference between... I don't know... Nidoking and Nidoqueen, or maybe something like that. Same feel, same move sets, same idea... just different handling...

I do find it funny... if Bouffalant got intimidate instead, and Tauros got Reckless + head crash... I feel like they EACH would be much better. However, as it stands, I just can't justify the idea of using a Recoil move with a slow and semi bulky pokemon... I mean, if youre going to run Bouffalant because hes bulkier than Tauros, aren't you giving up some of that bulk with the recoil moves? Pokemon like Infernape use flare blitz, however they are already fast enough so that they generally will outspeed whatever will hit them anyways.

I don't know. I guess I would just be too worried to run him.

Has anyone considered that he has sucker punch?
This CAN make up for his horrible speed. But sadly it won't hit fighting types for s.
You have to give him credit that he only has ONE weakness though.

I agree with using trick room with bouffalant, if he can outspeed he'd kill pretty much anything with reckless/head charge or even wild charge if you wanted to take out waters.

Sorry for bumping the thread, but:

Everybody's got a water buffalo.
Yours is fast but mine is slow.
Oh, where we get them, I don't know, but everybody's got a water buffalo!
I took my buffalo to the store,
Got his head stuck in the door,
Spilled some lima beans on the floor,
Oh, everybody's got a...
Stop it. Stop! Stop right this instant! What do you think
you're doing?! You can't say everybody's got a water buffalo when everybody
does NOT have a water buffal! We're going to get nasty letters saying,
"Where's my water buffalo? Why don't I have a water buffalo?" And are you
prepared to deal with that? I don't think so! Just stop being so silly!

Why did I interrupt my own song? I dunno. Anyway...

Everybody's got a baby kangaroo.
Yours is pink, but mine is blue.
Hers was small but then it...
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

I interrupted it again. Geuss there isn't a point in this at all. Bye.

I could see a ChestoRest/bulky SD spammer maybe being viable, he is a pretty awesome buffalo if only he got Flame Charge then we would have a way for this thing to get going.

The only thing better than this...
Sorry for bumping the thread, but:

Everybody's got a water buffalo.
Yours is fast but mine is slow.
Oh, where we get them, I don't know, but everybody's got a water buffalo!
I took my buffalo to the store,
Got his head stuck in the door,
Spilled some lima beans on the floor,
Oh, everybody's got a...
Stop it. Stop! Stop right this instant! What do you think
you're doing?! You can't say everybody's got a water buffalo when everybody
does NOT have a water buffal! We're going to get nasty letters saying,
"Where's my water buffalo? Why don't I have a water buffalo?" And are you
prepared to deal with that? I don't think so! Just stop being so silly!

Why did I interrupt my own song? I dunno. Anyway...

Everybody's got a baby kangaroo.
Yours is pink, but mine is blue.
Hers was small but then it...
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

I interrupted it again. Geuss there isn't a point in this at all. Bye.
Is that this was posted after it.

I could see a ChestoRest/bulky SD spammer maybe being viable, he is a pretty awesome buffalo if only he got Flame Charge then we would have a way for this thing to get going.
I like how no reference was made to the madness above.

I used to ran a bulky bouffalant ( adamant and leftovers with 252 hp / 72 atk / 186 def ) wich gives him : 394 hp/301 atk/272def/226spdef. Reason i added to physical defense is that i wanted it to take a cc to the face or be able to live a mach punch later on. When using sap sipper its really easy to switch into ferrothorn/whimsicott and to a lesser extent even celebi. Ferro and whimsocott cant do a thing back ( stun spore/twave doesnt hurt) meaning you WILL get a sword dance off on the switch , leaving you at +3 ( 753 atk) if u run max attack it would be ( 875)and he gets loads of attacking options. I found this to be TO situational in ou to use it longer tough.

Choice Band with Sap Sipper is great in RU, where you can just maul stuff with Head Charge, Rock Slide or Megahorn.

I was kind of disappointed that Wild Charge barley did 40% to Skarmory, otherwise he would have a good physical attacker to use in a TR team.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
^ He can't really be blamed if that Skarmory was 252/252 Bold.
just a nitpick but i think you mean impish, and i too am not surprised that wid charge did that little to skarm, it doesn't have STAB which is a factor.

This CAN make up for his horrible speed. But sadly it won't hit fighting types for s.

I agree with using trick room with bouffalant, if he can outspeed he'd kill pretty much anything with reckless/head charge or even wild charge if you wanted to take out waters.
...He doesn't have Sucker Punch. :/

Careful what you say, you got me excited there. ;_;

oh man... sucker punch on this thing would be awesome

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)