Breeding video

Not very long. By Petreko's calculations, roughly one in in every 6 wild Pokemon caught has at least one perfect IV. The problem is getting multiple IV Dittos of the nature you want.

I remember that on average if you catch like, 100 you should get most of the Dittos you need. I managed to get a Ditto for each IV and most useful natures in about 200, but I don't want to do the math on how likely that is.

I remember when I went Ditto hunting on Diamond a fair few months ago. Now I have a Ditto for each stat, plus my wonderful Adamant Ditto with flawless HP/Def/SDef. I mean, a bit stupid with an Adamant nature, but I'm not complaining ;)

I remember when I went Ditto hunting on Diamond a fair few months ago. Now I have a Ditto for each stat, plus my wonderful Adamant Ditto with flawless HP/Def/SDef. I mean, a bit stupid with an Adamant nature, but I'm not complaining ;)
Most defensive pokemon would want that bump.

Swampert/hippowdon/t-tar/torterra to name a few.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
very nice vid! Haven't really bothered understanding the whole mechanics of breeding till now. So Everstone is to transfer Ditto / Female's trait to the offspring? And the vid still doesn't completely explain how the passing of IVs work; which IVs do each parent pass down? Why are flawless HP and Def harder than the other stats?

Sorry, but another question...how do you breed for a good hidden power? It is directly correlated with IVs, but all six IVs have to match.

Are you givng tips Pocket, or asking a question. If you want the answers to your questions, look for Peterko and X-Act's Breeding guides (4 parts). They cover basic breeding, advanced breeding techniques, and even Hidden Power, it's a great way to start off.

Oh Thomaz, I forgot to mention in my previous post that I love watching your speedruns. I've been watching them over the past few months, looking at all the things you do to make the game as broken as possible (Red/Blue TAS is such an example, your Multi Segment is incredible to say the least). I've been influenced so much I downloaded VBA 19.3 to give Emerald a bit of a TAS (Not for the site, for my own amusement). I dont understand much about it yet (Frame advance still confuses me, so does frame search) but so far I'm...50 seconds into the game. Sometime soon I'll get into the first battle, then I'll be teaching myself how to manipulate for crits (However the hell that's done)

Yeah, maybe I should say something how IV's are passed. And I might add something Hidden Power (that's a bucketload of text. ;X).

@Krul - Thanks, I love speedrunning. =D I'm currently working on a 100% run and perhaps a Red non-glitched run. ^__^

I'll be watching them for sure. I remember (On another site, either SDA or TAS) about the 100% using the Trainer-Fly Glitch, the non-glitched Red would be interesting, as it will be something else to see you actually going through the game normally as opposed to screwing around with the Safari Zone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)