Bronzor for NU and mixed Pikachu

Status
Not open for further replies.
So hi guys im kinda new here but I still have two movesets for you and they did worked well for me... so I thought: "lets share them".

Pikachu @ Lightball
Trait: Static
Evs: 252 Spd, 56 Satk, 200 Atk.
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
-Volttackle //T-punch // Thunderbolt // Volt Switch
-Brick Break
-Grass Knot
-HP-Ice

Nothing special to tell about this mixed Pikachu.
T-punch deals alot of damage to nearly each water typ and lacks recoil, exkeept Quagsire,Whiscash and Seismitoad who resist but fear Grass Knot which will OHKO all of them (if there's no lightscreen...). Volt Tackle is for sheer power to hit bulky water types like Suicune extrem hard! Thunderbolt can be used if you want to attack from Pikachu's special side or you can use Volt Switch to deal some damage and scout.
However T-punch will allways fail to 2HKO 252 hp, 252 def Suicune without Stealth Rock, even with them in play T-punch wont allways 2HKO...
Brick Break is for all the Steels out there and HP-Ice for BoltBeam coverage.

Here some calc's:

200 Atk Light Ball Pikachu ThunderPunch vs 252 HP/252 Def Suicune (+Def) : 43,81% - 51,98%
Entry hazards damage: 50
After entry hazards: 227 - 260 (56,19% - 64,36%)
2-3 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

Possible HP Damage: 177, 180, 180, 183, 186, 189, 189, 192, 195, 195, 198, 201, 201, 204, 207, 210

200 Atk Light Ball Pikachu Volt Tackle vs 252 HP/252 Def Suicune (+Def) : 69,8% - 82,43%
Entry hazards damage: 50
After entry hazards: 332 - 383 (82,18% - 94,8%)
2 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

Possible HP Damage: 282, 285, 288, 291, 294, 297, 303, 306, 309, 312, 315, 318, 321, 324, 327, 333

So... that's it about my Pikachu.

Now I'll show you my NU Bronzor - yes BRONZOR!

Bronzor @ Evolite.
Trait: Levitate.
Evs: 252 Hp, 252 Def, 4Sdef. or 252 Hp, 252 Sdef, 4 Def.
Bold (+Def, -Atk) or Calm (+Sdef, -Atk) Nature.
-Stealth Rock // Rest // Reflect // Lightscreen
-Toxic
-Protect // EQ
-Heal Block // EQ

I know its allmost completely down when taunted but when there's no Taunt around it can shine and it only got a weakness to fire, so you can switch it in very easily!
...it's kind'a walled by Steels and Poisen typs as well - so make sure to remove them first - you can use EQ over Protect or Heal Block to hit those named types at least for some (additional) damage and to dont become a taunt-bait.
The first slot is for support or more staying power in form of Rest.
Toxic is its main way to deal damage over time or stall out with Protect, which can also be used to scout choiced Poke's.
Heal Block may seems odd but helps toxic stalling Poke's with recovery moves like Wish, Recover, Syntesis...

Hope you could make good use of them in the lower tier's.
Feel free to answere :)))

I would have posted this in the NP: thread. Sufficient discussions can't be made out of two sets that you made up. Anyways, I will comment on your two sets.

Why run mixed Pikachu when special Pikachu is much better? Substitute / Thunderbolt / HP Ice / Encore/Grass Knot is what you should be using if you're not using NP. Going mixed just makes you do less to certain walls and makes you have to split EV's. Pikachu in all honesty isn't very good in NU. 90 base Speed isn't that great and it's so frail that if it takes 1 hit, it will die, even if it's from a weak Pokemon. It can't break stall well because it will literally be KO'd by anything, and quite a few Pokemon can take a hit from Pikachu. Stall has a ton of other problems as well, so it isn't very common.

Bronzor may be somewhat competent at toxicstalling, but what else does it do? It doesn't do anything for a team, other than SR, besides toxicstalling. There are a ton of Poison-types around so Toxic will be easily blocked. Not only that, but Bronzor lacks a quality toxicstallers should have: recovery. Bronzor has none of that and is total set-up bait. There are also a ton of Heal Bell/Aromatherapy users in NU (Musharna, Misdreavus, Vileplume, etc).

I appreciate you sharing ideas, but I just can't see these being viable, especially Toxicstalling Bronzor. :X Also, Suicune is not relevant to the NU metagame as it's UU.

I just used Suicune as calc to show how powerfull Pikachu can become when played correctly.
Maybe I should have calced with Alomomola...

To Bronzor, what else it does... walls alot of stuff in the NU tier, is a fairly good supporter because of its countless resists, nice support moves like sr, reflect, lightscreen, toxic... trickroom, hypnosis, gravity, healblock...

As said I shared them cuz they did well in lower tiers. Mostly NU, but also in RU UU.

Edit calc's:

200 Atk Light Ball Pikachu ThunderPunch vs 252 HP/252 Def Alomomola (+Def) : 41,57% - 49,44%
Entry hazards damage: 66
After entry hazards: 288 - 330 (53,93% - 61,8%)
2-3 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

Possible HP Damage: 222, 225, 228, 231, 234, 237, 240, 240, 243, 246, 249, 252, 255, 258, 261, 264

200 Atk Light Ball Pikachu Volt Tackle vs 252 HP/252 Def Alomomola (+Def) : 66,85% - 79,21%
Entry hazards damage: 66
After entry hazards: 423 - 489 (79,21% - 91,57%)
2 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

Possible HP Damage: 357, 363, 366, 372, 375, 378, 384, 387, 393, 396, 399, 405, 408, 414, 417, 423

To Bronzor, what else it does... walls alot of stuff in the NU tier, is a fairly good supporter because of its countless resists, nice support moves like sr, reflect, lightscreen, toxic... trickroom, hypnosis, gravity, healblock...
Bronzor has a ton of options, but it can't used them all, and some it can't even use effectively (such as Reflect and Light Screen because of lack of dual screen). Bronzor has such little offensive presence that you can easily switch in something like Emboar or Charizard and not have to worry about taking a lot of damage. Not only that, but every health point Bronzor loses, it's not going to get back without Wish support, because it doesn't have any recovery - including Leftovers (unless you're going to compensate 50% Defense and Special Defense boost for leftovers which is silly) - other than Rest. Yes, you can pass Wishes to it, but why would you pass a Wish to Bronzor when you could heal a Pokemon that could do so much more? Bronzor has quite a few set-up options, but many it can't use well or aren't very good in general and it won't be doing ANY damage to the opposing team other than Toxic.

I think 5 rounds of screens can still help alot and why dualscreen?`Depents on what your teams needs...
I aggree that poke like zard or empor can come in, but zard wont like SR when their still up, risking getting poisend and embor risks switching in as well getting a toxic or even EQ.
In reverse Bronzor can switch out to something Emboar or Zard cant touch... leaving them poisend and Zard wont like switching out again doing like nothing, being heavyly damaged by SR...

Some damage calc's again...:

0 Atk Bronzor (-Atk) Earthquake vs 0 HP/4 Def Emboar: 18,28% - 21,61%
Entry hazards damage: 45
After entry hazards: 111 - 123 (30,75% - 34,07%)
5 hits to KO

If Embors user overpredicts, using Superpower insteed of Flare Blitz:

252 Atk Choice Band Emboar (+Atk) Superpower vs 252 HP/252 Def Eviolite Bronzor (+Def) : 51,89% - 61,32%
Entry hazards damage: 19
After entry hazards: 184 - 214 (57,86% - 67,3%)
2 hits to KO

Possible HP Damage: 165, 166, 169, 171, 172, 175, 177, 178, 180, 183, 184, 186, 189, 190, 192, 195

Do not forget the Atk. drop after using Superpower...
Without RS Bronzor wont be 2HKO'ed - and than it just Rest...

Another calc:

252 Atk Emboar Superpower vs 252 HP/252 Def Eviolite Bronzor (+Def) : 31,45% - 37,11%
Entry hazards damage: 19
After entry hazards: 119 - 137 (37,42% - 43,08%)
3 hits to KO

Possible HP Damage: 100, 100, 102, 103, 105, 106, 106, 108, 109, 111, 112, 112, 114, 115, 117, 118

Scarfed, Jolly Embor would need 3 hits to KO (without the attack drop...)
with drops 5 or 6... so Bronzor can laugh at scarfed Embor if overpredicted.... just say'in =)

Pikachu has been and always will be a gimmick. Even when you invest all of his ev's into a particular stat he will always be lack luster because he is such revenge kill bait. It has no chance against decently priority (skuntank rolls that set 100% of the time). Not to mention the plenty of other high speed threats in the tier hit more things harder, faster and take hits better. Its just outclassed.

Bronzor is relying on toxic for any kind of damage outside of hazards. Its so beyond set up bait for a pokemon like Haunter or Arbok. Even to "stall" in your example you have to use rest, and that just creates a perfect opportunity for a set up. A team with something like lickilicky will never mind it either. Also, there is next to no reason to use it when so many other pokemon set up the exact same SR, but offer much more versatillity. Its non existant as an offensive threat, and is almost that useful in terms of utillity. If its running support moves, then there is a pokemon that can use the same moves and still be more effective. I just can't see the justification for using this thing on a team when has no attacking moves, or a non- stab move that comes off of a miserable attack stat.

Hi preliator! This kind of discussion would belong more here. Though we appreciate your effort in posting these sets, neither are effective in the NU metagame at the moment, and this thread does not facilitate discussion well enough to remain open. Please continue being involved in the community though =D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)