Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.GX

Mew Mew
is a Tiering Contributor
Hey guys, I found a bug, where I used protect last turn, and gave command for Z waterfall on my gyarados, but his Politoed moved first and encored me, and I did Z-Protect (I don't run Normalium Z), and after consulting with the Help room on Showdown, they confirmed it was a bug. This was a Showdown tour match for vgc 17:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-504335601

Hope it gets fixed soon, as people love to be unsportsmanlike... and I definitely don't want this to occur in future real tours lol

Several things related to how selecting a move works in-game.
In-game, you can see the effectiveness of a damaging move on the move select screen. This shows the effectiveness of a move, taking into account the opposing pokemon's type 1 and type 2. It does not take the target's ability into account(this means that it will show Earthquake as hitting Rotom-Heat for SE damage). However, it also does not take an active Illusion into account either, meaning that you can theoretically deduce whether the opposing Pokemon is a Zoroark if the move effectiveness doesn't seem right. For this reason, I'd like to suggest implementing this feature into Showdown, as it affects how an opponent can play around Illusion in metagames where it's relevant(mainly UU and ability-changing OMs).

The other problem is that Struggle is used after selecting the "fight" option in the menu. This means that if you're, say, Taunted, and you have no attacking moves, you won't get the chance to check your own moveset before you're forced into Struggle. Normally this isn't a problem, as you choose your own moves and can see them by going to the "switch" submenu and selecting the mon you have out. However, if you've Transformed into the opposing mon, you can neither see your own moves in the "switch" submenu nor do you know what moves you have at the moment. For this reason, I suggest that if your mon is currently Taunted or if an opponent is Imprisoning some moves, that you have to click the "Fight" button before you can see your own moves.

EviGaro

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
RU Leader
Expanding on the Omastar and Weak Armor stuff, I think I found the answer: The old gens are showing Weak Armor to be a +2 speed buff, which is impossible. It's also just that, stuff like Knock Off is still scripted as base 20 in power before Gen VI, whereas Weak Armor is +2 - and thus unavailable - in all gens.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
http://i.imgur.com/AYExbQw.png

Gen 1 Moves are, for some reason, still considered illegal on the relevant Pokemon.
I wanna hit harder with Articuno dammit ;~;
There is still no legal way to transfer Pokemon from generation 1 or 2 to future generations. We may be able to transfer Pokemon from gen 1 virtual console through Pokemon Bank, but we don't know exactly how it will be handled, like what nature and abilities will the transferred Pokemon have and will movesets be changed upon transferring?

One more I've found. Oricorio does not get locked in to petal dance on cart, The Pokemon Sun/Moon Battle Mechanics Research thread says it right in the first post, in addition to other sources such as bulbapedia (Which I know is unrelaible as a source but if it's in addition to the thread the OP says to use...) but does on showdown, when it normally shouldn't even be able to use it.

Last edited:

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
There is still no legal way to transfer Pokemon from generation 1 or 2 to future generations. We may be able to transfer Pokemon from gen 1 virtual console through Pokemon Bank, but we don't know exactly how it will be handled, like what nature and abilities will the transferred Pokemon have and will movesets be changed upon transferring?
Actually, in Showdown, all of this doesn't matter. For starters, the Smogon Meta at this moment in time is Pokebank OU. It's considering everything to already be transferred. As for Natures, etc, once again Showdown doesn't consider that. Note that the Gen 1 Moves do work in the metas if you just slap them on anyway. I am just reporting the way they are displayed, as well as suggesting to check the legality, just in case.

Actually, in Showdown, all of this doesn't matter. For starters, the Smogon Meta at this moment in time is Pokebank OU. It's considering everything to already be transferred. As for Natures, etc, once again Showdown doesn't consider that. Note that the Gen 1 Moves do work in the metas if you just slap them on anyway. I am just reporting the way they are displayed, as well as suggesting to check the legality, just in case.
Yes, but as they said, it's not about pokebank vs non pokebank: we don't know how it will work in game with transferring, so we can't do it here yet.

Last edited:
I just had a similar bug. Encore'd a Salamence after it used flamethrower, it z-fire moved the next turn, despite having a z-dragon crystal.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-504398351
I'm not 100% sure, but technically that isn't a bug. You're still encored into the original move, being flamethrower itself. Using the z-crystal with flamethrower in theory still upholds the effects of encore, since you're using the base move regardless. These might just be some wacky mechanics

That's interesting. Do you know what happens if you try to Reflect Type a Pokémon with two types that uses Burn Up?
Only Moltres has that, and it isn't available legitimately in game yet, so I wasn't able to test that. I'd have to wait until PokeBank unless someone who got Moltres through less *cough* legitimate means beats me to it.

Is it possible you accidentally gave Landorus-T a negative nature for its Defnese stat on sim? That's the only reason I can think of that it would be taking quite so much damage.
Is it possible you accidentally gave Landorus-T a negative nature for its Defnese stat on sim? That's the only reason I can think of that it would be taking quite so much damage.
Lando had Adamant nature, I'm positive.

inactive

In a Movie Scene~
is a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd like to report a bug with the notification system on mobile browser PS.

I've noticed that I don't get a notification or some kind of alert if I get highlighted in another room

Here's an example:

I'm talking in Room A, and someone highlights me in Room B. However I don't know about this highlight until I switch over to Room B.

I also don't get alerted if someone PMs me, I've missed a lot of PMs while I was busy chatting in other rooms, and then I finally notice the PMreading, eventually switch over to the home tab

And also for some reason I can't accept challenges on mobile, the only way I can is when someone challenges me when I'm at the home tab.

Thanks for reading, hopefully it's addressed

mandibuzz is able to use the move "knock off" in gen 7 ou. this move is a post bank move only. I know it won't mater in about a week but I lost a game and it annoyed me :pirate:

Pretty serious bug: Schooling straight up didn't happen at all (or was undone???)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankoususpecttest-504965931

Turn 15, Wishiwashi is in Solo Form when sent out (even though it was School Form the last time it was in), and remained in School Form even after eating an Aguav Berry.

From Bulbapedia: "At the end of the turn, if its HP is below 25%, it will change back to its Solo Form." (I have also seen this happen in the games many times myself)

Don't really know what happened here, first time it's happened to me. I lost the game because of it, too.

252+ SpA Life Orb Ash-Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Wishiwashi-School: 164-192 (55.9 - 65.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

That's with modest life orb, and the guy's greninja didn't have life orb (black glasses does even less). it didn't have specs either, because it switched from water shuriken to dark pulse.

:[[[

Shellos Male in [Gen 6] LC doesn't become 3D but the others (even Shellos Female) are 3D. I don't know if it is a bug, but i know for sure it has to be fixed. I hope it will be fixed soon. :)

(It looks like this)
back

Last edited:
Not able to use celebrate on eevee in pokebank LC even though it was released last year as an event move (though veekun says that nothing can learn celebrate though I'm not sure if that's correct). Might have something to do with the fact that it doesn't do anything unless you're carrying normalium z, idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)