Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I click the lobby/teambuilder tabs while in a battle and my opponent moves, when I click back to the battle tab it will show animations for that turn despite the Disable Animations option being turned off.

It also happens when playing multiple matches and switching battle room when you see that the opponent moved (orange tab instead of blue)

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
As seen in this replay:

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-15387618

even after i kill Zoroark, which was leading and disguised as Hitmontop, the team preview shows Hitmontop dead instead of Zoroark. Not only this, but when the real Hitmontop comes into play, Hitmontop's icon in Team Preview shows him alive again, making it seem as all of the opponent's Pokemon are alive, when one has already been KOed.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sorry for the NB bugs guys. I've been out of the country on vacation since April 7th. Got back today and the server was just updated so everything should be fine. If you have an issue on the server, just send me a message on IRC to see if I have already updated. I'm always on #nuggetbridge and #showdown along with various other unrelated channels.

Wrong Perpective after DC

Today I dc'ed in the middle of a bh battle and when I clicked reconnect I saw the battle like a guest would see. So I saw the log like my opp would see it, the pokes and I could not make a move. When I clicked reconnect I first logged in as a guest, before it changed to my username (idk why). I guess thats the reason. Sry if I explained it unclear. I hope the screenshot explains it:

I have not yet captured a screenshot of this, but let me explain the problem.

This happens about 80% of the time.

I have crappy internet. Every so often, my internet will cut for about 30 seconds. Shouldn't be any problem right? Just wait for the internet to make it up, and keep battling.. right? Wrong.

When I reconnect, I am unable to do anything. It's like I'm in the battle, but I'm a spectator at the same time, and I'm unable to do anything. What's even weirder is sometimes I show up on my OPPONENT'S SIDE OF THE BATTLE, unable to do anything. I believe this is just because of who technically "hosts" the battle. Either way, it's incredibly frustrating, because I know whenever my internet cuts I'm going to lose my match, whether I was winning or losing.

This is a problem that needs to be fixed. I have tried everything I can think of to combat this problem with no results. If there is something I can do to stop this in the future, please tell me because I have lost at least a dozen matches because of this dumb glitch.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I have not yet captured a screenshot of this, but let me explain the problem.

This happens about 80% of the time.

I have crappy internet. Every so often, my internet will cut for about 30 seconds. Shouldn't be any problem right? Just wait for the internet to make it up, and keep battling.. right? Wrong.

When I reconnect, I am unable to do anything. It's like I'm in the battle, but I'm a spectator at the same time, and I'm unable to do anything. What's even weirder is sometimes I show up on my OPPONENT'S SIDE OF THE BATTLE, unable to do anything. I believe this is just because of who technically "hosts" the battle. Either way, it's incredibly frustrating, because I know whenever my internet cuts I'm going to lose my match, whether I was winning or losing.

This is a problem that needs to be fixed. I have tried everything I can think of to combat this problem with no results. If there is something I can do to stop this in the future, please tell me because I have lost at least a dozen matches because of this dumb glitch.
Hah, what a coincidence, Cathy literally just fixed this.

You'll never have to worry about it again. :)

This is a minor glitch, but when changing whether Thundurus-T is shiny or not, his sprite shifts up a bit.

Notice how the horn on the shiny Thundurus-T is cut off by the nickname box, because it shifted upward

I am not able to produce a replay log, because showdown disconnected right after my match. The screenshots below show Chandelure, as opposed to Empoleon who performed the peculiar behavior, because it was the end of the match. Screenshotting an instant replay while Empoleon was actually on the field wouldn't have proved much that the screenshots don't already, and would have just been inconvenient.

http://prntscr.com/112ohc
http://prntscr.com/112p70
http://prntscr.com/112p7y
http://prntscr.com/112nwx

My Empoleon is max hp/def bold. It did not have torrent activated, although that is its ability. No members of my team have nicknames.

Edit: I forgot to mention what was actually peck-uliar. On turn 13 and turn 14, Scald deals really inconsistent damage. The crit on the following turn 15 makes it difficult to compare, but I think damage calc's say it should have been the output on turn 14. At the very end, he said his spread was "sassy" before leaving. Which I guess felt sorta sassy how it didn't really answer the question, but I guess that just means max spdef?
So does no one have an explanation for this bug from 1 week ago?

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
dpp move mechanics bugs

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/gen4oubeta-15809432

the user, when his/her/its/their pokemon is KOed by pursuit on the switch, is allowed to choose a new pokemon upon being koed. this is an incorrect mechanic (unclearly mentioned on upc and implemented correctly on pokelab). the user is not meant to be permitted to change choice in pokemon at that point.

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/gen4oubeta-15808948

in PtHGSS, a pokemon holding a choice item using trick onto another pokemon with a choice item is then locked into trick. currently, the pokemon is allowed to choose a new move a la BW.

If a Pokémon at holder's position uses a move that wasn't used by another move and holder held this item at the end of that attack segment, the holder can't choose any other move it has for use for as long as holder remains in battle, has that move, and is holding this item.

Cathy

Banned deucer.
Alleged bugs like this are difficult or sometimes impossible to investigate without a replay. You were not able to post a replay, so there isn't much to be done. In the future, you can rejoin the battle and use /savereplay.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
It's not a bug. Empoleon was in Torrent range on turn 13, then it healed from Leftovers, so it was no longer in Torrent range on turn 14.

The replay would've proven that, too...

On the Gen 4 ladder, my opponent took Life Orb recoil when he broke my Substitute. I'm pretty sure Life Orb didn't cause recoil on subs in 4th gen, so that would be something to fix as the Gen 4 ladder reaches fully-supported status.

Thanks for adding that, though! It's loads of fun.

Found a likely bug involving Zoroark and team display - after KOing the enemy's Zoro without breaking its illusion, the team status display doesn't show the Zoroark as fainting, instead indicating that the Pokemon it was transformed into was KOed.

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-15914809

The Zoro faints on Turn 37 - notice that after the obvious Zoroark disguised as Honchkrow is KOed, the team preview shows Honchkrow as KOed instead of Zoroark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)