Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BUG:

When trying to use Mega-Pinsir for XY Battle Spot Singles I get this error message:

Pinsir-Mega can't learn Close Combat because it's incompatible with another move.

It can learn Close Combat by breeding with Heracross who learns it at lvl 34.

AFAIK talonflame shouldnt get priority on flys second turn, but does on the simulater...
Haha, that would be sooo unbalanced. Talonflame@Lagging Tail + Fly = only hittable by Gust, Smack Down, Sky Uppercut, Thunder, Twister, Hurricane and Priority. With priority roost on top of that, and no need to invest in speed (put it all in HP) you'd be looking at a pretty broken 'mon.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
BUG:

When trying to use Mega-Pinsir for XY Battle Spot Singles I get this error message:

Pinsir-Mega can't learn Close Combat because it's incompatible with another move.

What are your other moves? If it has a gen 5 tutor move with 2 incompatible egg moves (in gen 5 ofc) that could be the problem.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Okay, so I was testing out a silly new set and I believe I discovered at least 2 problems with the move 'Natural Gift' (which makes 3 if the other folks are right about its incorrect damage output, I didn't test that).

I was using Driflblim with Unburden, carrying a Liechi berry. I used Natural Gift. The attack was successful, in that a grass type attack hit my opponent. However, I did not receive a +1 att boost (the berry's effect) which Serebii suggested I would. I went to Veekun before posting this, but there's no mention of whether you'll receive the berry's effect when using Natural Harvest (and in addition, no list of berry effects at all on the Natural Harvest page).

The second issue is that I did not receive the Unburden speed boost. The berry was certainly gone, as evidenced by the fact that Harvest failed from that point on (also different from Serebii's analysis) and the fact that reaching 'a pinch' did nothing.

These two problems (and the damage inconsistency, if it exists) are really hurting my completely brilliant Drifblim sweeper.

EDIT> Adding a replay documenting the bug: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-76306943

I tried to make it as obvious as possible, but I think you'll just have to take my word that I'm running Unburden on the Drifblim
I don't think you understand how natural gift works.

It uses your berry to attack. This also means you use up the berry so you can't eat it later.
If you use the berry for natural gift, it will be gone and so you won't get its effect in a pinch.
If you use the berry in a pinch, you can't use it for natural gift.

What's natural harvest and what does it have to do with drifblim?

If natural gift doesn't activate unburden then that could be a bug.

BenTheDemon

Banned deucer.
There's a pretty major bug in Gen 3 battles where Hidden Power seems to be an OHKO move. My Dragonite's unboosted Hidden Power Flying OHKOed a full health Tyranitar, thenmy opponent's unboosted Hidden Power Grass from a Celebi OHKOed my Dragonite (my opponent said it was definitely HP Grass).

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Blaze boosts a 30%, not a 100%...
When a Pokemon with the ability Blaze has 1/3 or less of its max HP, its Fire attacks do 1.5x damage. In this case it went from 38.7% to 61.3% damage. The reason why this isn't 150% is because of damage spread. This means the the attack would've done a tiny bit over 41% without the Blaze boost.

I don't think you understand how natural gift works.

It uses your berry to attack. This also means you use up the berry so you can't eat it later.
If you use the berry for natural gift, it will be gone and so you won't get its effect in a pinch.
If you use the berry in a pinch, you can't use it for natural gift.

What's natural harvest and what does it have to do with drifblim?
Forgive me, I started calling the move by the wrong name part way through. It's fixed now.

"Whenever Natural Gift is used, the Berry is used as if it was used normally in battle, this gives it a one-time use possibility, unless you use moves like Recycle or have the ability Harvest that allows for you to reclaim the Berry."

This is a quote from Serebii. I realize the OP says to check either Veekun or Smogon research for information on moves, but I could find no reference to whether the berry activated in either of these sources. I interpreted this as saying the berry's effect would activate, but if it does not then I apologize for wasting time.

I do believe the failure of Unburden is still a bug, regardless.

Every time you reopen the battle list popup, the callbacks for its associated events ("init:formats" and "response:roomlist") are already present in the event list, and they become duplicated. As a result, every time you open the battle list, the function "BattleListPopup.update" gets called as many times as the total amount of times you have opened the battle list during the entire session, consuming more CPU each time.

fat HuXu7 said:
BUG:

Visual error.

I just got the same thing with Lucario, it did not have adaptability during randbats

Leavanny should not be able to have these moves: Heal Bell, Knock Off on its moveset with the move Sticky Web.

As only Sewaddle learns Sticky Web by level at 31 and cannot learn Knock Off or Heal Bell, Leavanny cannot have these sets of moves together because gen 5 Leavannys won't be able to access Sticky Web in any way

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I can confirm all the doubles bugs that were posted here(I was battling against most of them when they were found).

Also, a more obscure bug related to Sky Drop is your opponent dying while you are in the air keeps you in the air and free to target whoever you want.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokebanksmogondoublesbeta-71627128
Proof
Not sure if it was missed amongst the riff-raff, difficult to fix or what but since this happened to me just a moment ago, it's not listed on the front page anywhere, and this post is about a month old, here's more proof: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2014-78702169

Zapdos picks up Mega Ampharos with Sky Drop, Aromatisse dies to burn. Next turn, Zapdos never actually drops Ampharos down (just a visual glitch) and instead damages Gourgeist with it.

Happiness is not displayed correctly: If I type 0 into the field, there is still displayed 255 in the header - even if I save and reload the team.

On the Team builder :

(IMAGE)

on the match: (IMAGE)
The type of Hidden Power ultimately obeys the IV distribution of the pokémon. Normally, the IVs are modified automatically in the Teambuilder to match the selected type of Hidden Power. However, if you try to tune them, the Hidden Power type will change.

There is a problem with monotype (Or potential problem) where you can use pokemon that mega evolve into pokemon not of that type, for example I was able to use Mega Charizard X on a monoflying team, so I'm not sure if this is supposed to be like that, or if it is considered unfair, but you will technically have a pokemon that isn't the right type, though you have to switch it in and mega evolve it, I personally find it to be breaking the rules as after the mega evolution, you are always that type no matter how many more times you switch in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)