Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokeguru01

Ok, something I've noticed in the VGC 2014 tier. When Gardevoir is against an Aegislash and another mon, it doesn't trace an ability some of the time. Stance Change cannot be copied by Trace, so, the Aegislash's partner Pokémon's ability should be copied. However, I've seen that this does not happen, probably due to Trace being targeted at Aegislash (in some instances), so, until a Pokémon mega evolves [gaining a new ability], or another Pokémon is brought into battle, Gardevoir's ability stays as Trace.

i will post this again...

on handheld games (x/y), the use of the move "Heal Block" has an effect that is not the same on showdown. not only heal block stops the target from any type of recovering (leftovers, berries, leech seed, aqua ring, recover, etc...) but also it makes the user UNABLE to use moves such as absorb, giga drain, drain punch and leech life. that means, it disables those moves.

well, ive proven it in handheld games, but the "disabling" part is not present on showdown.

thank you

http://gyazo.com/1b0fefbbc86c305720be92b2bf50fcd1

Every ... freakin' ... time I close the app on a Mac it deletes my teams and I have to go to the teambuilder and press Reload my Teams - but the teams aren't from the last saving date, instead they're like a week old and the changed I've made are gone.

It's not really fun to use it.
That might be an issue with cookies. Check your browser preferences.

Aaaaanywho, there's an interesting bug in Double and Triple battles, and here's the steps that I believe will trigger the bug (double battle used as example):

Player 2 has any two Pokemon on the field. Player 1 has a fast Pokemon that can KO the Pokemon that is on Player 2's left, and a slower Pokemon with a move that hits multiple targets. I've seen this happen with Earthquake. It's also important to note that this glitch is exacerbated if Player 2 does not have another Pokemon to switch in after its left-hand team member gets KO'd. Have the fast Pokemon on Player 1's side make the KO, and in the same turn have the slower Pokemon use Earthquake. The sprite of the Pokemon that was just KO'd will reappear, and it will remain in play for the remainder of the battle. If Player 2 was down to its final two Pokemon (three Pokemon in triple) at the start of that turn, Player 2 will be unable to select a move on their next turn (the KO'd Pokemon's moves will display but clicking any of them will not trigger a response).

This bug in action: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randomtriplesbattle-150219154

EDIT: I don't know why, but I can't seem to recreate this bug in a controlled environment. If anyone else has experienced this bug, please share your replay so that we can troubleshoot the trigger.

Last edited:
I was having an issue earlier today with Infiltrator and Safe Guard in the VGC2014.

Opponent had a Prankster Meowstic set up Safe Guard. My Jumpluff had Infiltrator and kept trying to put their Zapdos/Meowstic to sleep. Battle log read:
Jumpluff used Sleep Powder, but it failed.

Is this due to a bug w/Infiltrator? Or is that the default text that appears if Sleep Powder misses when Safeguard is up?
I know Sleep Powder doesn't have the best accuracy, but you'd think using it 4-5 times in succession without the opponent protecting, that would have hit.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I was playing ubers and my Earthquake wasn't super effective against an Arceus-Electric

Groudon used Earthquake!
The opposing Arceus - Electric lost 33% of its health!

I was playing ubers and my Earthquake wasn't super effective against an Arceus-Electric

Groudon used Earthquake!
The opposing Arceus - Electric lost 33% of its health!
Could you provide a replay? It was most likely just a shiny Arceus-Normal named Arceus-Electric, but there's no way of knowing without replays.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
My Eruption on Scarfed Timid Typhlosion could not 2HKO this Mesprit. I believe this is a bug due to my first attack hitting 71% then my second attack dealing 15% http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-150591989
Basically, Eruption's damage output is based on the user's HP value, and when it's at max, it has 150 BP. As the Mesprit attacked you and left you with less than 20% of damage, your damage output was significantly decreased, preventing you from KOing it. Damage is calculated as follows:

I was having an issue earlier today with Infiltrator and Safe Guard in the VGC2014.

Opponent had a Prankster Meowstic set up Safe Guard. My Jumpluff had Infiltrator and kept trying to put their Zapdos/Meowstic to sleep. Battle log read:
Jumpluff used Sleep Powder, but it failed.

Is this due to a bug w/Infiltrator? Or is that the default text that appears if Sleep Powder misses when Safeguard is up?
I know Sleep Powder doesn't have the best accuracy, but you'd think using it 4-5 times in succession without the opponent protecting, that would have hit.
It'd be easier to tell if you posted a replay, but it is possible they were holding Safety Goggles. If safeguard was the problem, I believe the battle log wouldn't have just said "but it failed," it would've said something specific like "[pokemon] is protected by safeguard!"

upload_2014-8-10_9-47-14.png

this is what happens when i open showdown and when i delete the adds they delete the screen that alows team builder and such it just shows mega charizards fighting

This doesn't relate to battles/battling mechanics, per se, but I believe it is a bug relating to Pokemon Showdown.

I am using a Mac and every time I press on the settings button at the top right or click on my name, all chat stops and I cannot do anything in battle or use any commands (essentially what you get when you have bad lag). Everything stays like this for a few seconds until I lag out completely and am prompted to restart Showdown. This happens to me when using Chrome and Safari and has been happening to me for the past few months.

I am still able to change settings, like my avatar, but this is still very frustrating.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-151074857

Before turn1, gardevior traced both abilities when it should have randomly selected 1:
'In a Double Battle, Trace will randomly copy either opponent's Ability.' -Bulbapedia

When i hovered over it, it only said huge power (the first traced ability).
Thanks in advanced :)

e: In randbats it has medicham's level as 76, when it should be 74 as medicham is ou. It also has mega medicham as ban list on the team builder. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-151119966

also you need to fix hax mechanics ;__;

Last edited:
Ok so i was playing a gen 3 ou match when this happened:
Turn 23
You have 150 seconds to make your decision.
The opposing Regice usedThunderbolt!
Forretress lost29.7%of its health!
Forretress usedExplosion!
The opposing Regice lost 55.0% of its health!
The opposing Regice fainted!
Forretress fainted!
Go! Dugtrio!
Banchod:what the hell
DaFukinDragonfly:lol
Banchod sent out Salamence!
Banchod sent out Metagross!
The opposing Metagross is hurt by the spikes!
The opposing Salamence intimidates Dugtrio!
Dugtrio's Attack fell!
The sandstorm rages.
The opposing Salamence is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The opposing Salamence restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
The opposing Metagross restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 24
Banchod:that made
Banchod:no sense
Banchod:LOL
Banchod:wtf
Dan the Cowboy:what the fuck
Banchod:ummm
Banchod:double battle?
DaFukinDragonfly:double attack
Banchod:xD
Banchod:man
Banchod:pokemon showdown
Banchod:just has all the bugs sorted out
Dan the Cowboy has 120 seconds left.
Dan the Cowboy:i don't know what to do here
DaFukinDragonfly:actually its 3 vs 2 ...
Banchod:LOOL
Dan the Cowboy:are you able to attack with metagross?
Banchod:nope
Dan the Cowboy has 90 seconds left.
Banchod:just mence
Dan the Cowboy:ok
Dugtrio, come back!
Go! Blissey!
The opposing Salamence usedDragon Dance!
The opposing Salamence's Attack rose!
The opposing Salamence's Speed rose!
The opposing Metagross usedMeteor Mash!
But there was no target...
The sandstorm rages.
Blissey is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Blissey restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 25
Banchod:it's funny
Banchod:WOOW
DaFukinDragonfly:LOOOOL
Dan the Cowboy:it better fucking miss
Banchod has 120 seconds left.
Banchod:when i click DD
Banchod:it assumes meta's first attack slot as well
DaFukinDragonfly:go for eq it hits all targets :P
Dan the Cowboy:ok i am saving this for sure
Banchod:so if i hit HP flying
Banchod:meta should use agility
Banchod has 90 seconds left.
Banchod:ok
Dan the Cowboy:oh fuck no
Banchod:now it's giving me the option hit blissey
Banchod:or my own metas
Banchod:meta*
Banchod:=\
Banchod has 60 seconds left.
Banchod:i actually can't proceed
Blissey usedIce Beam!
The sandstorm rages.
Turn 26
Banchod:this is fucked
Dan the Cowboy:are you kidding me
Banchod:any attack i try and use
Banchod:won't go through
Banchod:i can only DD
Dan the Cowboy:and i can't hit ice beam apparently
Blissey usedIce Beam!
It's not very effective...The opposing Metagross lost 15% of its health!
The sandstorm rages.
Turn 27
DaFukinDragonfly:LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Banchod:LOL WTF IS GOING ON
Banchod:ok
Banchod:i'm gonna try and attack myself
Dan the Cowboy:what would you have gone to if you hadn't seen the duggy first?
Banchod:meta
Banchod:thought you'd go back to gar
Dan the Cowboy:so i would have won this if it wasn't for the glitch
Banchod:mhm
The opposing Salamence usedEarthquake!
Blissey lost91.0%of its health!
Blissey fainted!
Banchod:yeah that's true actually
Dan the Cowboy:so want to time out and give me the win since it doesn't look like we can attack?
DaFukinDragonfly:rip
Banchod forfeited.
Dan the Cowboy won the battle!
Ladder updating...
Banchod left.
Dan the Cowboy:or not
Dan the Cowboy:oh thanks
Banchod's rating: 1473 →1449
(-24 for losing)
Dan the Cowboy's rating: 1406 →1430
(+24 for winning)
DaFukinDragonfly left.
If it's unclear from the log, i sent out my dugtrio, at which point he got to choose which pokemon to send out (which shouldn't happen for obvious reasons) he sent out his salamence obviously to dance up, at which point, this is where it gets really weird, both his mence and metagross enter the field as if in a double battle. I switch to my blissey, and he dances and meteor mashes. He is unable to attack with his mence for the first few turns and can only dragon dance. I am unable to hit him with ice beam. when attempting to attack his metagross, he hits my blissey, i don't think i need to explain what's wrong here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)