Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parental Bond doesn't apply to moves that hit multiple Pokemon in Double and Triple battles.
I just had a problem with this. (I'm afraid I only saw the posting rules afterwards so I can't "prove it" per say, but anyway.)
In a random battle I just had, I used a Mega-Kangaskhan, and Earthquake actually hit twice. I shouldn't complain, since it net me the win =P but it's wrong, so should probably be fixed...

I just had a problem with this. (I'm afraid I only saw the posting rules afterwards so I can't "prove it" per say, but anyway.)
In a random battle I just had, I used a Mega-Kangaskhan, and Earthquake actually hit twice. I shouldn't complain, since it net me the win =P but it's wrong, so should probably be fixed...
In Single Battles, they hit twice; in Double and Triples, only once.

I was told to post here regarding a bug with the new VGC 2016 format on Showdown. Multiscale Lugia is passing the VGC 2016 validation check but it is illegal in the format.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
In Single Battles, they hit twice; in Double and Triples, only once.
It's actually a bit more complicated than that. Earthquake can hit twice with Parental Bond if:

- The battle is a single battle and there is only one target.
- In a doubles battle, there is only one Pokemon on the opposing side and none on your side.
- In a triples battle, it depends on the position of the Earthquake Pokemon. So long as it only targets 1 Pokemon and there are no other Pokemon targetted (even if it were to miss due to immunities), it will hit twice.

My Altaria's Cloud Nine ability only dissapated the sandstorm for one turn.
I have video Evidence of this. IT happened in a battle factory match. Here is the replay.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlefactory-302691785
It occurs starting at turn 11.
I'm confused which part of this is supposed to be the bug. You mega evolved and lost Cloud Nine the turn after you brought it in. Also, Cloud Nine just removes the effects of weather while the Pokemon with it is on the field, not makes the weather go away entirely. Sorry for not paying attention to help room when you mentioned it (◕﹏◕✿)

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
i read the OP and this is not a spriting issue, more so what sprite the game chose soooo
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4customgame-302290865
at end of turn 33, a Giratina-Origin is sent out, but instantly the sprite changes to that of regular Giratina and stays like that right till before it faints, when it reverts to Giratina-Origin for the last second or less.
In Gen 4, Giratina-Origin can't exist in battle without holding a Griseous Orb. That's why a Ditto Transforming into it becomes Giratina-Origin, then immediately reverts to Giratina-Altered (and since nothing but Giratina can hold a Griseous Orb in Gen 4, this will always happen). This is intentional, and it's the same story for Arceus and Plates.

On the [Gen2] OU ladder, Charm (an egg move) is considered to be illegal on Umbreon in combination with the moves Growl (a level-up move of Eevee's), Rest (learned through TM44) and Sleep Talk (learned through TM35). This should not be the case.

I get the following message when using Jirachi in Gen 5 Custom Game:
- Jirachi is only obtainable via event - it needs to match one of its events.
Since it's custom game, my set should be fine. I haven't tested in other tiers yet.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2016-304262591

The bug
Turn 3:
BlackWeed sent out Xerneas!
Go! Groudon!
BlackWeed sent out Ditto!
[Opposing Xerneas's Fairy Aura!]
The opposing Xerneas is radiating a fairy aura!
Groudon's Primal Reversion! It reverted to its primal form!
[Groudon's Desolate Land!]
The sunlight turned extremely harsh!
[Opposing Ditto's Imposter!]
The opposing Ditto transformed into Xerneas!
[Opposing Ditto's Fairy Aura!]
The opposing Ditto is radiating a fairy aura!

Primal Reversion is occurring at the same time as abilities

What should happen:
All other abilities should activate first, then Primal Reversion activates last.
EDIT: Clarification @ other: it means base Groudon/Kyogre's abilities won't activate if they are holding their respective orbs.
In this case, Ditto would activate Imposter to transform into Xerneas and activate Fairy Aura before Groudon enters primal reversion

This was very close to affecting the match significantly. Had Ditto tried to transform into Groudon, it would have transformed into Primal Groudon with this bug. However, Ditto should have transformed into regular Groudon and activated Drought before the real Groudon enters primal reversion.

This kind of bug happened in my SPL match against Sweep many months ago but I forgot to report it.

Ingame Test:

Triple Battle, Suicune (116 Speed), Groudon (115 Speed), and Groudon@Red Orb (217 Speed) are sent out

Order of events:
Suicune activates Pressure
Groudon activates Drought
Groudon@Red Orb undergoes Primal Reversion and activates Desolate Land.

Last edited:
Not sure if these have been brought up already, but two visual bugs I noticed:
If a Pokemon with an ability that changes the type of normal moves (aka pixilate, aerilate, etc) is out of moves and has to use struggle, struggle will display as being that type and will say it is boosted. This is just a visual bug however, as it appears to still deal neutral damage (as it should). I don't have a screenshot but I've noticed this a few times with choice specs sylveon and disable.
Aaaaaaaaaand crap, I forgot what the second one was. Oh well, I'll come back in an hour when it inevitably hits me again.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Not sure if these have been brought up already, but two visual bugs I noticed:
If a Pokemon with an ability that changes the type of normal moves (aka pixilate, aerilate, etc) is out of moves and has to use struggle, struggle will display as being that type and will say it is boosted.
Good catch; fixed next client update!

Apparently Tailwind Giratina is not allowed under the VGC 2016 format, but I think it's supposed to be legal now?
See screenshot: http://imgur.com/xPNBaQ2
Giratina.PNG

This also occurs with Magic Coat.
Both of these moves are taught via move tutor in origin-forme. Maybe this is why they aren't showing up?

Apparently Tailwind Giratina is not allowed under the VGC 2016 format, but I think it's supposed to be legal now?
See screenshot: http://imgur.com/xPNBaQ2

This also occurs with Magic Coat.
Both of these moves are taught via move tutor in origin-forme. Maybe this is why they aren't showing up?
That was recently solved; however, the team builder isn't updated. It should allow you if you tried to battle with it.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
The interaction between multi-turn moves and Rage Powder / Follow Me is currently broken. If you Rage Powder on the first turn of Shadow Force / Dive / Fly etc., those moves will still redirect on turn two, even if the Rage Powder user switches out. I documented a few replays to show what's going wrong:

Amoonguss doesn't switch out: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2016-304806984
Amoonguss switches out: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2016-304809013
Dive to confirm it's not just Shadow Force: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2016-304810743

Here's a Battle Video to show that Rage Powder doesn't redirect Shadow Force on the vanishing turn: 389W-WWWW-WW38-D8WH. Relevant stuff goes from turns 4-7.

No, I did not misclick, no, Giratina doesn't have Safety Goggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)