Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon Showdown allows the use of a few special event moves that are illegal with previous evolution exclusive level up moves. These include most of Pikachu's event only attacks (Surf, Heart Stamp, Endeavor etc) with Pichu's various exclusive level up moves (Nasty Plot, Sweet Kiss, Charm). The only other Pokemon with event + pre evo exclusive level up attack problems I can find are Vivillion (Hold Hands + Iron Defense, String Shot, Tackle, Harden is not caught as an illegal combination) and Altaria (False Swipe + Mirror Move + Cloud Nine; False Swipe + Mirror Move is legal thanks to a 3rd gen event).

As an aside, Endeavor + Pichu Level up is compatible, but only from this event meaning a shiny + jolly nature lock akin to the Shiny Johto Legends should be in place. Note that there's a non-shiny Endeavor Pikachu so that enforcement is only required for Pikachu / Raichu with Pichu level up moves.

Edit: On the subject of Pikachu stuff, Surf + Sing or Petal Dance or Dizzy Punch Pikachu and Raichu should be legal in Gen 2 and Gen 1 tradeback rule sets. Sing comes from the Pokemon Center events from a Pichu egg. You can then evolve the Pichu into Pikachu, transfer to Gen 1, beat the Prime Cup in Stadium 1, and tutor surf. Shouldn't be any legality issues with it, but the team builder is marking it as illgeal (unless I'm missing something).

Last edited:
Today I've got a Talonflame holding a Sharp Beak in Random Battle. I used Sword Dance once then Brave Bird and it didn't use the Sharp Beak, is this a bug?

Hope I helped!

Cheers!

There are various movepool legality problems with Pokemon who get moves exclusively from purification in Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. As far as I can tell, most of these problems are routed in Previous evolution exclusive attack + purification moves not being caught as illegal with one another. Moves caught as illegal as is are not mentioned. Here's a full scope of the illegality issues:

Delcatty: Sweet Kiss is incompatible with:
-Growl
-Tail Whip
-Tackle
-Forsight
-Disarming Voice
-Copycat
-Feint Attack
-Charm
-Wake-Up Slap
-Assist
-Captivate
-Play Rough

Beedrill: Baton Pass is incompatible with:
Poison Sting
String Shot
Harden
Iron Defense

Butterfree: Morning Sun is incompatible with:
Tackle
String Shot
Harden
Iron Defense

Dodrio: Baton Pass is incompatible with:
Double Hit

Hitmonlee: Refresh is incompatible with:
Tackle
Fake Out

Chansey:
Note below on her

Starmie: Refresh is incompatible with:
Tackle
Harden
Psywave
Bubble Beam
Camoflauge
Minimize
Reflect Type
Power Gem
Cosmic Power

Magmar: Follow Me is incompatible with:
Uproar

Electabuzz: Follow Me is incompatible with:
Uproar

Snorlax: Refresh is incompatible with:
Metronome
Odor Sleuth
Screech
Stockpile
Swallow
Snatch

Mr.Mime: Follow Me is incompatible with:
Tickle

Salamence: Refresh is incompatible with:
Iron Defense

Exeggutor: Refresh is incompatible with:
Uproar
Leech Seed
Stun Spore
Poison Powder
Sleep Powder
Bestow
Extrasensory

-----

Additionally, I made this post a few days ago:
Several Pokemon that obtained pre evos in Gen 4 have illegal movesets Shodown fails to recognize as illegal. These are mostly caused by pre-evolution exclusive level ups marked as being legal with 3rd gen tutor attacks and / or evolution exclusive egg moves. Though a majority of these moves have no competitive implications, there are some major cases like Charm being allowed on Chansey and Blissey with Wish (3rd Gen Event) or Seismic Toss (3rd Gen Tutor / 6th Gen Chansey Exclusive Egg move).

The following moves should be incompatible with any 3rd Gen Exclusive moves (Events, Tutors) as well as Evolution exclusive egg moves (Egg move a Pokemon gets from normal breeding, but not its incense bred counterpart. ex: Marill's Aqua Jet, Chansey's Seismic toss). I included a list of all evolution exclusive egg moves below:

Happiny / Chansey / Blissey:
-Charm
-Copycat
-Sweet Kiss

Budew / Roselia / Roserade:
-Water Sport

Chingling / Chimecho:
Entrainment (also invalid with 4th gen exclusive Tutors / Tms)

Bonsly / Sudowoodo:
Fake Tears

Mime Jr. / Mr. Mime:
Tickle
Charm

Munchlax / Snorlax:
Odor Sleuth
Screech
Stockpile
Swallow

Azurill / Marill / Azumarill:
Azurill and Marill are really tricky since Azurill was introduced in Gen 3 and Marill has several evolution exclusive egg moves.

Moves compatible with Gen 3 Tutors, but incompatible with Marill exclusive egg moves:
Encore
Refresh
Sing
Slam
Splash
Charm
Slam
Tickle

Moves incompatible with Gen 3 exclusive tutors AND Marill exclusive egg moves:
Copycat
Fake Tears

Moves incompatible with Gen 3 exclusive tutors AND Gen 4 exclusive TMs and Tutors AND Marill exclusive egg moves:
Soak

For the Azumarill family, for some reason, Showdown recognizes some of these combinations as illegal (Aqua Jet + Copycat), but not others aren't (Aqua Jet + Encore). Some false positives also exist. For example, Encore + Dynamic Punch is rejected, even though it's completely legal (Breed Azurill with Encore in Gen 3, evolve to Marill, tutor Dynamic Punch).

Evolution Exclusive Egg Moves:
Chansey: Seismic Toss
Marill: Amnesia, Aqua Jet, Belly Drum, Future Sight, Perish Song, Present.

Hope this helps a bit. I know a majority of these moves have no competitive implications, but there are a few that do (Charm + Seismic Toss Chansey, Encore + Belly Drum Azumarill).
There are some slight mistakes. I forgot Chansey got Sweet Kiss from XD. Because of that, it should be either legal with Gen 3 tutors and illegal with Happiny exclusive level up or vice versa. At any rate, its always incompatible with Gen 3 event exclusive attacks (Wish). Additionally, Snatch should be added to the list of the Snorlax / Munchlax family's incompatible moves (only Munchlax learns Snatch, Snorlax can't get it from Move Tutor or TM)

Very minor issue, but if an opponent is Zoroark and it hides as a pokemon, when the real pokemon is sent out, the moves used also display the moves the Zoroark has used even if you break the illusion.

Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 9.22.02 pm.png

Very minor issue, but if an opponent is Zoroark and it hides as a pokemon, when the real pokemon is sent out, the moves used also display the moves the Zoroark has used even if you break the illusion.

That's intended, because you cant tell which ones Zoroark knows and which one the pokemon its illusioned as does. Otherwise you would be able to tell by looking at the "known moves" that they are/aren't a Zoroark.

Hi guys, I would like to report a bug in the following LC battle.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-365687862

As can be seen, both Munchlax (me) and Porygon has been paralysed on turn 2. Nevertheless, I would still be slower at just 1 speed, as seen from the image below:

http://imgur.com/a/h9ewF

Porygon speed after paralysed (8/4) = 2 <-- assuming it is at slowest, ither wise it is commonly at 9
Munchlax speed after paralysed (5/4) = 1

I'm very certain it said 1 speed, as when I did a scroll over of my pokemon in the actual battle, it is listed at 1 speed. I'm unable to obtain a screenshot sicne the battle ended.

Assuming if my speed theory is correct, Porygon would still be able to outspeed me regardless, but what surprised me is turn 6, where I actually outsped Porygon and delivered a superpower.

Please take a look and give me your comments on this. Regards.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Not really a bug; the current teambuilder now sets Attack IVs to 0 if you don't have physical moves, but it counts Foul Play as a physical move for this purpose, which defeats the purpose for all of my defensive foul play 'mons so D:

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
totally unrelated to battling: if you use the command "/userauth UncleSam" it gives you

Global Auth:

instead of

No global or room auth.

This is a weird bug that happened for a few other people too, which I found but had other people report, so I'm not sure if this is where to put it, and it's not major, but meh fix it :3

my mega pinsir, speed maxed out at 339, was outsped by a mega charizard y, which has a maximum speed stat of 328, and neither speed had been modified. i used return, and the charizard used flamethrower, and there was no way that speed could have been modified, as both had to be holding mega stones, and there were no hazards out, or even any weather. does anyone know how this happened?

SparksBlade said:
was it the turn that you mega evolved your pinsir? on the turn of mega evolution, speed of the base form is used, and pinsir in base form is slower than charizard
nope, i had evolved and used quick attack the turn before that

Prior to this screenshot, Zorua had revealed two moves with Illusion still intact, then died without switching. Then Helioptile came out and its move preview still showed Knock Off and Sucker Punch. That's totally fine to show the moves that Zorua had revealed if Helioptile had been sent out before Illusion wore off, but it seems moot to show them here after the fact as if Zorua might still be alive. (This also applies to Zoroark, I guess)

Bit of an issue with the Menu interface for the Downloaded version of Showdown

If the fact that the highlighted team is off the edge of the screen isn't enough of a clue, you'll note that Megaman 5 Robot master list is about 6 short, and 6's list is about 2 short... all of them are impossible to select in the menu's current state
When selecting a team for battle, if there's an excess amount of them, a good number appear outside of the window and become unreachable with the pointer (I'm counting about 9 teams before it wraps back around to the top.). Nothing too major since I doubt too many other people use an excessive number like me but still a problem to say the least.

Edit: Never mind... apparently the screen will scroll down with a mouse wheel (or arrow key input). However the program gives no indication of that, something that might want to be added in so as not to confuse other people...

2nd edit: Also when scrolling down like this, the room chat window suddenly cuts off. Just a minor graphical glitch as a result of the scrolling but it just looks bad...

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
http://imgur.com/cnS3DhI
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ou-366671054
Using defog in a 4th gen battle removes your own hazards. It shouldn't remove hazards at all.
(I know only noobs use defog in 4th gen, thinking it will have the same effect than in 6th gen, but still.)
Defog in earlier generations cleared the opponent's side of the field of screens but also cleared away hazards from their side. It did not clear them from your own, which is why it had no use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)