Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I was playing Almost Any Ability and for the second time after using skill swap from my Gengar which has the ability Normalize, the oppenent is still able to cause damage to me even though i should be Immune. I have this replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/almostanyability-423211168

As you can see at Turn 27 my Gengar uses skill swap on the opponents Volcanion. However when it uses Steam Eruption it does damage and does not show the 'Immune' tag over my Gengar like it normally does.

Thank you for your time.

Quite Quiet

I need a kitchen knife that doesn't whisper to me
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Hi I was playing Almost Any Ability and for the second time after using skill swap from my Gengar which has the ability Normalize, the oppenent is still able to cause damage to me even though i should be Immune. I have this replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/almostanyability-423211168

As you can see at Turn 27 my Gengar uses skill swap on the opponents Volcanion. However when it uses Steam Eruption it does damage and does not show the 'Immune' tag over my Gengar like it normally does.

Thank you for your time.
You used Gastro Acid on the Volcanion on turn 17 so Normalize doesn't trigger. It's not a bug, you caused it yourself.
Turn 17

The opposing Amoonguss used Gastro Acid!
Volcanion's Ability was suppressed!

I found this when a poll was created. When the poll was active there was only one option that was clickable and that each time it displayed on my screen it spewed HTML at the bottom. I couldn't get a picture of when the poll was active but it spewed the html like in this screenshot http://prnt.sc/c9ler2 and http://prnt.sc/c9lami I tried refreshing and nothing changed.
Having a message below from using the shift key breaks it. If there is nothing in the final question and then you put something below it becomes the final question, not sure why this happens but it does.

Not sure if this is considered a bug or not but I got a Virizion in randbats with: Calm Mind, Giga Drain, Focus Blast, and Swords Dance. SD is completely useless on this set. Several people told be to report it and this is the only bug report thread I could find.

go to turn 341: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-424338076 (u could also watch the whole battle cuz 2 b honest it was a pretty great battle)

it says: "Error parsing: |-damage|p (TypeError: poke is null)
Battle.prototype.runMinor@http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/js/battle.js?v0.10.2b108:3439:9"

why does it do that cuz this did not happen in the battle and the battle was longer than 341 turns

There is a bug with polls that causes them to display the HTML of the polls.

There are two forms of it with different results:
Code:
/poll create [thing]
[something else]
,,,,,, (some amount of commas, maximum 8)
and

Code:
/poll create [thing]
,,,,,, (more commas)
[last option]
[something else]
The first one just shows the HTML of the poll and hides all of the buttons. It also shows the [something else] before the HTML.
The second one shows the [something else] before every line of HTML and hides the last option. Every time someone votes, the same HTML is displayed.

Last edited:
Hi I'd like to post about a mistake in LC calcs in the PS calc.

When using 5 hit moves (or most moves in general I think?) in LC there's a 1/16 chance for the roll to do 1 or 2 more damage than the other 15 rolls. This can lead to some ridiculous "variations" in calc, but the average is generally going to be right near the 15/16 roll anyway.

Anyway so if you use a 5 hit move there's always a chance you get multiple 1/16 rolls though obviously the probability is unrealistically low lol

+2 236+ Atk Shellder Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 36 HP / 36 Def Eviolite Shellder: 15-20 (75 - 100%) -- approx. 6.3% chance to OHKO
(3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4)

In this calc you can see that the 15/16 rolls are 3, and the other roll is 4. There's a 1/16 chance you get 4 damage, and to kill shellder, you need to get the 1/16 roll five times in a row. Therefore, it actually has a 0.00000009% (1/16^5) chance to kill, which can honestly be rounded to 0% or even .1% (just to prove that it can kill), but 6.3% chance to KO is misleading.

A more misleading example would be one like this:

+2 236+ Atk Shellder Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Goldeen: 20-25 (86.9 - 108.6%) -- approx. 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
(4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 5)

Goldeen is left at 21 HP after stealth rock.

Shellder actually has a pretty significant chance to KO goldeen, considering it only has to get the 1/16 roll once to kill it. The math is (15/16) ^ 5, being the chance that goldeen gets hit with the "average" roll 5 times in a row, or 72.4%. So Goldeen actually has a 28% chance to be KO'd by rock blast, more than four times what the calc implies D:.

+2 236+ Atk Shellder Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Goldeen: 20-25 (86.9 - 108.6%) -- approx. 6.3% chance to OHKO

Goldeen at 23 HP

Here's a similar calc except with no stealth rock. I'm not quite sure how to do this math, so I won't act like I know the actual percentage that it can kill (though it's going to be rounded to 0% or .1% once again). Honestly it might be something with a combination calculation which is like not worth implementing. You need to get the 1/16 roll at least 3 times to KO goldeen before stealth rock. Since the order doesn't matter, I think you'd need to use a combination equation or something. Regardless, I think it should say something like "less than a .1% chance to KO" if you need the 1/16 roll at least twice, which is still accurate but takes away from any difficult mathematical equations. In cases like the one above where you need exactly one 1/16 roll, the math is pretty easy and I think can be implemented into the calc o_o

Ok, getting lots of complaints about ladder not updating because of the undefined thing. However, I believe it is just a visual glitch and the elos do seem to be updating.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotsingles-426772751

In this he started off with 1104 and gained 28, giving him 1132 elo. However, it showed like this:

kantoooooooo → 1104
(1132)+28 for winningundefined

So, don't think there's anything to worry about as far as ladder not updating, but it is an annoying glitch and it being fixed asap would be great.

editing in another bug:

ScarfWynautundefined
Voice (+)
Global Voice (+)
Rooms: +trivia | +othermetas | help | gamecorner | ★battle-hackmonscup-426779173

is what i get when i do /alts scarfwynaut. when it should say (+ the nick is no longer clickable + it also says undefined after the ip)

ScarfWynaut
Voice (+)
Global Voice (+)
Rooms: +trivia | +othermetas | help | gamecorner | ★battle-hackmonscup-426779173

Last edited:

Illusio

Bold and Brash
Since only the Blue, Red, and Yellow colours of Floette can be found in the Friend Safari, only those colours should be able to have their hidden ability: Symbiosis.

I've been having a reoccuring problem in randoms where a Virizion is given either calm mind and only physical attacks or swords dance and only special attacks. This has happened twice now and I think its just a glitch but I wanted to report it.

There is an error with Banette's movesets. The server rejects my team and says says cotton guard is not compatable with another move, (shadow claw, sucker punch and will o wisp). The latter 3 are level up/tm learned and the former is a dream world move. Shouldn't a banette with these moves be able to exist as one could take a banette with cotton guard.

Standard Dream World, Cotton Guard Banette
*Cotton Guard - Comes with it.
Will o' Wisp - TM-61
Sucker Punch - Level up to level 40
Shadow Claw - TM-65

There is an error with Banette's movesets. The server rejects my team and says says cotton guard is not compatable with another move, (shadow claw, sucker punch and will o wisp). The latter 3 are level up/tm learned and the former is a dream world move. Shouldn't a banette with these moves be able to exist as one could take a banette with cotton guard.

Standard Dream World, Cotton Guard Banette
*Cotton Guard - Comes with it.
Will o' Wisp - TM-61
Sucker Punch - Level up to level 40
Shadow Claw - TM-65
Did you checked what was your Banette's ability? Banette must have Cursed Body (Dream World/Hidden ability) has its ability for Cotton Guard to be compatible since it gets that move, like you said, from Dream World.

I just tried on PS! and it works.

Endeavor Raichu illegal in VGC 2016 because it's only attainable in a previous generation but

it's a current generation event move

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Endeavor Raichu illegal in VGC 2016 because it's only attainable in a previous generation but it's a current generation event move
Endeavor Raichu is legal and is working properly, so I assume your mistake is you're using Static. If you use Static + Endeavor it's going to think it's from the Pikachu-colored Pichu event from Gen 4, which is obviously illegal for VGC. The event you're talking about has Lightning Rod, so use Lightning Rod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)