Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My account (poopmars) is more then 2 years old and has many matches on it as seen by the fact it has replays on it from over 2 years ago. So to get the issue, my account is not auto confirmed.

To add some additional information
I have tried refreshing.
I have had this issue for months.

So I decided to make an account just to report this.

I've noticed at least two bugs in the following battle:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ou-414139288

#1. My Sudowoodo's sturdy ability didn't activate when the opponent's Metagross hit it with a Meteor Mash, resulting in a OHKO. I did a little research after the battle to ensure nothing went wrong and that I'm not crazy, such as looking at Metagross' ability to ensure that it didn't contribute to Sudowoodo's OHKO, but no - Sudowoodo should have lived through it. I'm not sure if all Pokemon with the sturdy ability have this problem at the moment or if maybe it's just a Sudowoodo thing. Nonetheless, I ask that you take a look at this.

#2. In an effort to speed through the battle to get this report to the forums, I randomly had my Togekiss use defog while Stealth Rock was set up around the field. It did grant the evasion debuff, but it did not remove the traps from the field like it's supposed to.
- As a side note, there was another battle where I encountered the same scenario - unfortunately, I do not have the replay for it.
Anyways, Spikes were set up around the field this time and once again my defog didn't get rid of the traps around the field. Rapid Spin
seemed to do what it's suppose to do later on in the battle, but defog didn't.

Please note that this recorded battle took place in the Generation 4 OU. I used the same exact set in the Generation 5 OU, and I can confirm that bug #1 is present there too. I'm not sure if defog is broken over there, though. Thank you for your time.

My account (poopmars) is more then 2 years old and has many matches on it as seen by the fact it has replays on it from over 2 years ago. So to get the issue, my account is not auto confirmed.

To add some additional information
I have tried refreshing.
I have had this issue for months.
This isn't a bug, your account was manually set never to become autoconfirmed. I'll just move your account to autoconfirmed, I'm not sure why it's currently like this but it was probably done over a year ago.
So I decided to make an account just to report this.

I've noticed at least two bugs in the following battle:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ou-414139288

#1. My Sudowoodo's sturdy ability didn't activate when the opponent's Metagross hit it with a Meteor Mash, resulting in a OHKO. I did a little research after the battle to ensure nothing went wrong and that I'm not crazy, such as looking at Metagross' ability to ensure that it didn't contribute to Sudowoodo's OHKO, but no - Sudowoodo should have lived through it. I'm not sure if all Pokemon with the sturdy ability have this problem at the moment or if maybe it's just a Sudowoodo thing. Nonetheless, I ask that you take a look at this.

#2. In an effort to speed through the battle to get this report to the forums, I randomly had my Togekiss use defog while Stealth Rock was set up around the field. It did grant the evasion debuff, but it did not remove the traps from the field like it's supposed to.
- As a side note, there was another battle where I encountered the same scenario - unfortunately, I do not have the replay for it.
Anyways, Spikes were set up around the field this time and once again my defog didn't get rid of the traps around the field. Rapid Spin
seemed to do what it's suppose to do later on in the battle, but defog didn't.

Please note that this recorded battle took place in the Generation 4 OU. I used the same exact set in the Generation 5 OU, and I can confirm that bug #1 is present there too. I'm not sure if defog is broken over there, though. Thank you for your time.
Both of these are because it's a gen 4 battle, back then Sturdy only made you immune to OHKO moves and Defog didn't remove hazards.

Both of these are because it's a gen 4 battle, back then Sturdy only made you immune to OHKO moves and Defog didn't remove hazards.
Oh ok, You're right concerning the sturdy issue. You are, however, incorrect regarding defog. Defog has always had the ability to remove traps, even since its introduction to generation 4.

Oh ok, You're right concerning the sturdy issue. You are, however, incorrect regarding defog. Defog has always had the ability to remove traps, even since its introduction to generation 4.
Oh, I worded it badly. They remove hazards from the opponent's side rather than both sides in gen 4.

Oh, I worded it badly. They remove hazards from the opponent's side rather than both sides in gen 4.
Ah, that's understandable. I suppose I'm adjusted to how Pokemon moves and abilities work in the more modern generations. Thank you for your time - I'll conduct a little more research next time I see something that doesn't seem right.

This isn't a bug, your account was manually set never to become autoconfirmed. I'll just move your account to autoconfirmed, I'm not sure why it's currently like this but it was probably done over a year ago.
Thank you!

mael

not the same but equal
is a Community Contributorwon the 14th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion
almost every time when i start a battle or switch the battle window on stours the battle screen moves up and i can't see parts of it. i've had that issue some months ago every now and then, but then it started working again. i am aware that this might be known but since i didn't find a post the last few pages i figured i might post it again just to make sure.

this is what i'm talking about. so far i've only had that issue on smogtours and it goes away if i refresh the battle, but that also exits me out of all my other battles and as soon as i try to join another one it happens again

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
I honestly don't know where exactly I'm supposed to post this due to the lack of an obvious bug report thread or a complaint address. (Feel free to move this if there is an appropriate place to put this, mods.)

Anyway, my problem is that, while I was creating a new team, my game suddenly shut down, and, while I was looking at the new team I was creating, I noticed one of my other teams have completely disappeared. I looked up this issue online and found looking in AppData for local files in Google Chrome will restore the teams, but I'm not using Google Chrome. I'm using the downloadable client for Windows and I have no idea how to retrieve my missing team. Can someone please help me with my issue? I won't be using Pokemon Showdown until I find out whether I can fix this to prevent the possibility of my (nu) team from being overwritten if I were to be able to fix this. Thanks in advance.
bumping just once in case someone else can solve this

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-415833469

healer seems to have a 100% activation chance, instead of the listed 30%
Not sure if this was because it was fixed or not, but it seems to have more of a regular activation chance on my end. So it could just be the fact that you were really lucky with the healer chance. (but the odds of healer activating 10 times in a row would be (0.3^10) which is about 0.0006%)

replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-416058329
edit: sorry, didn't mean to attach that file, I was trying to get the double ~ sign when calculating the odds, but didn't know it would attach that as a file.

Attachments

There was this small bug I found when I was using Swagger Quagsire in Anything Goes a couple of months ago. And I noticed that a +6 Primal Groudon was doing too little confusion damage to itself. I knew there was something wrong, I went to Crestfall with it who went to Marty with it. However, he said there was no bug. A few hours earlier though, I was making a new Swagger Quagsire team, and it reminded me of the bug I found back then. I figured out that Unaware is affecting confusion damage, however there is one condition for it to happen, which I think Marty missed back then. The confused Pokémon has to use a move that gets affected by Unaware for it to do less damage. If the opponent uses a move such as Recover, it does the full amount of damage it is supposed to do. Here I have an example replay I made with myself where I show how it works. Don't skip turns, otherwise you might miss it. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-417231382

Arcueid

nah i'd win nah i'd win nah i'd win
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
I'm not sure how I can provide proof of this bug, but Safari freezes when a battle ends. I presume its due to the ads that load in the end of a battle as I've never faced this problem when there are no ads.

I was having a battle in an AAA tournament one time, and after I defeated the opponents Infernape, he told me that he had Magnet Pull on his Infernape.

The thing is when he switched in his Infernape on my Cobalion I could just switch out when Magnet Pull clearly states ''Prevents Steel-type Pokemon from switching. ''.

But then later in the battle he switched in his Infernape on my Entei, but the weird thing is that this time I couldn't switch out my Entei.

So this means that in AAA Magnet Pull prevents pokemon of the same type from switching out, but this doesn't make any sense either, since Magnezone can't prevent Electric type pokemon from switching out. This could possibly be a glitch or bug, so I thought I should report it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)