Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did defog fail in turn 6 of this replay? I don't think it's supposed to happen.
It didn't really failed (the opposing screens were removed), but the "failed" message appears when the defog user doesn't remove any hazard from its own side (not 100% sure if this is actually supposed to trigger a "failed message" though).

No one beats the bug

I COULD BE BANNED!
If the user doesn't actually know the move Last Resort, then it will fail. That means if it's called by Assist or Metronome it'll always fail, even if the user has used all of its other moves.
this may not be the place for the comment but these battles would probably be improved if metronome couldn't call moves which will fail

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
this may not be the place for the comment but these battles would probably be improved if metronome couldn't call moves which will fail
In the games Metronome will still attempt to call moves like Last Resort even though they always fail. Since PS attempts to emulate the games as closely as possible, changing the mechanics to make the move more convenient is unlikely at best to be implemented.

It didn't really failed (the opposing screens were removed), but the "failed" message appears when the defog user doesn't remove any hazard from its own side (not 100% sure if this is actually supposed to trigger a "failed message" though).
Exactly. It's not supposed to say, "But it failed".

So there are some issues on showdown with protean mechanics: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen72v2doubles-757690758 as you can see, in this replay, kecleon changes typing even when fake out and sucker punch fail. another issue I’ve seen is when I used power up punch targetting my own empty slot kecleon didn’t change typing as it is supposed to. I also tested this on cart here’s the replay: ( 2USW-WWWW-WWWZ-5DV5 ). I think this may also affect moves like mat block but I haven’t tested that on cart yet.

unfortunately i wasn't thinking to save the replay or screencap, sorry!, but i ran into an issue in randoms:

I switched my Vileplume into Nuzzle from my opponent's Pachirisu and Vileplume was not paralyzed. The attack did hit and damage was dealt. Pachi was (I assume Volt Absorb) holding Air Balloon and Vile was Effect Spore @ Black Sludge.

I'll be on the lookout for similar issues and save replays & screenshots if I see it again. Thanks!

xJolteon

Banned deucer.
I find a bug on the help desc. of /code, the bug is listed in the below image, also battleban, ticketban is not on the /punishment list. Marty
bandicam 2018-06-06 13-37-32-770.jpg

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
No, I think its a bug because is a spelling mistake.
In that context of 'what you can input', "accepts" is the correct spelling, "excepts" is not. Not sure what else you could think is spelled wrong, and can certainly say that I don't see anything wrong with it.

xJolteon

Banned deucer.
In that context of 'what you can input', "accepts" is the correct spelling, "excepts" is not. Not sure what else you could think is spelled wrong, and can certainly say that I don't see anything wrong with it.
The wrong message is in the position of symbols, the correct is # & etc.

Bug where my skarmory eats its leftovers twice in one turn. Once after getting hit by a z move and again at the end of the turn.

Game mode is Scalemons
On turn #4

Bug where my skarmory eats its leftovers twice in one turn. Once after getting hit by a z move and again at the end of the turn.
I just saw this myself - more precisely, when Splintered Stormshards ends the effect of Grassy Terrain, you get a burst of grassy terrain, leftovers and black sludge recovery which you wouldn't normally experience. (The reason you get leftovers and black sludge recovery is that these normally happen at the same time as grassy terrain recovery, if grassy terrain is active.)

Arceus' type cannot change except via multitype + plate.
so it means even if it transform into a water type it would keep being normal after transform like in the replay? or is that really due to the fact they add default type for non multitype arceus when it is shown and it keep normal after imposter even if it's not supposed to be like that?

so it means even if it transform into a water type it would keep being normal after transform like in the replay? or is that really due to the fact they add default type for non multitype arceus when it is shown and it keep normal after imposter even if it's not supposed to be like that?
I’m reasonably sure that it’s supposed to copy the real type of whatever it transforms into and stay that way, but I suppose confirmation from a researcher couldn’t hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)