Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-789878778

Can someone explain this? I know Sheer Force and Life Orb have some wonky rules, but I've never experienced this. This was a league battle so I just want to get to the bottom of the situation.

Landorus-Therian is Adamant 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Def
Feraligatr is Adamant 252 Attack / 252 Speed.

Turn 19
Landorus-Therian knocks off Feraligatr's Life Orb before Feraligatr uses Liquidation. Liquidation still OHKO's Landorus even though the calcs say it should have done 77.4% max without a Life Orb. Anyone? Pretty please?

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-789878778

Can someone explain this? I know Sheer Force and Life Orb have some wonky rules, but I've never experienced this. This was a league battle so I just want to get to the bottom of the situation.

Landorus-Therian is Adamant 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Def
Feraligatr is Adamant 252 Attack / 252 Speed.

Turn 19
Landorus-Therian knocks off Feraligatr's Life Orb before Feraligatr uses Liquidation. Liquidation still OHKO's Landorus even though the calcs say it should have done 77.4% max without a Life Orb. Anyone? Pretty please?
That's the wrong replay, btw.

Also, if Feraligatr somehow wasn't affected by Lando-T's Intimidate (switching on the field after it), then the calc would look like this:

252+ Atk Sheer Force Feraligatr Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Landorus-Therian: 372-440 (97.3 - 115.1%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

In Balanced Hackmons, when a pokemon has the ability imposter the screen displays one more sprite than the original pokemon with imposter

in Turn 5 my Shaymin uses Dragon Dance through Metronome, the other guy's Gardevoir and Gallade activate Dancer, and instead of using Dragon Dance again they get to use a free Metronome. Not sure if intended, but this doesn't seem like how it should work at first glance.
Dancer didn't use to be able to copy called moves. It started trying to copy called moves as a side-effect of another bug fix. Actually copying the called move instead of the called move will be fixed shortly.
In Turn 3 Mamoswine visibly activates its Synchronize against my Flower Veil Shaymin which has no effect, but there is no kind of failure message to follow it up.
This used to work but broke when some code that was causing a TypeScript error was removed. This will also be fixed shortly.

Emojis don't work properly when combined with a pokemon's name. For example, (emoji)Piplup shows up fine in teambuilder, but in battle it shows up as just Piplup. Same with (emoji)Piplup(emoji), (emoji)Pip(emoji)lup(emoji), and (emoji)(emoji)(emoji)Piplup(emoji)(emoji)(emoji), while things like (emoji)iplup work. But if there are so many emojis the name gets cut off, it shows correctly.

Last edited:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-790733749

I was spectating this game when I saw this weird inconsistency. On turn 48, Seismic Toss damage to Reuniclus is displayed as 23%, when it does 24% on all other turns. This shouldn't only be a replay/spectator issue as it apparently tricked the player into thinking Reuniclus could take Seismic Toss from 24%.
It shouldn't be possible to trick the player like that; they always know exactly how many HP they have, and how much damage Seismic Toss will deal.
Toxic misses when opponents fly/dive/phantom force while uses by a Poison type Pokemon

Example with fly :
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-791205222

On the 3DS game, Toxic hit with semi-vulnerability moves like Fly or Phantom Force
Huh, this hasn't worked for four months, but apparently nobody noticed. Thanks for reporting!

Gen 3

Currently PS! allows Skarmory to run a combination of moves that it shouldn't be able to, due to them being egg moves that Skarmory gets from different parents (in gen. 3 when breeding you can only get an egg move from the dad).

PS! allows Skarmory to have Drill Peck + Whirlwind, Curse + Drill Peck, etc when it shouldn't because of this.

I'm not sure if this extends to other Pokémon or just Skarmory, but it should be fixed.

Adding a bulbapedia screenshot for more clarity (it's not the case with Sky Attack because it can get it from a XD tutor):

Gen 3

Currently PS! allows Skarmory to run a combination of moves that it shouldn't be able to, due to them being egg moves that Skarmory gets from different parents (in gen. 3 when breeding you can only get an egg move from the dad).

PS! allows Skarmory to have Drill Peck + Whirlwind, Curse + Drill Peck, etc when it shouldn't because of this.

I'm not sure if this extends to other Pokémon or just Skarmory, but it should be fixed.
  • In the case of Curse + Whirlwind, PS! thinks Skarmory learns these from Murkrow. Unfortunately, it thinks Murkrow learns them from Skarmory...
  • In the case of Drill Peck + Whirlwind, PS! thinks that Skarmory, Aerodactyl and Zubat learn these from each other.
  • In the case of Curse + Drill Peck, this is just a PS! bug; the fathers it's choosing can't learn these moves in Gen 3 at all.

If that's a bug at all, it's a bug in the damage calculator, which has its own reporting thread. The damage calculator is figuring that terrains go in the same spot in the damage formula as weather effects do, in which case it's "take a 100-power Earthquake, go through the formula until you get to the point where you add 2, then halve the entire result for grassy terrain at that point", and at the end you would arrive at a max roll of 322 damage compared to Cobalion's 323 HP. However, Grassy Terrain's halving effect on Earthquake/Bulldoze/Magnitude applies at the stage of the move power, which makes it a 50-power Earthquake and then the +2 is completely unencumbered from any consequences of that halving. If you follow along with the formula using those figures, you'll find that the max roll is really 324, which can get the KO against 323 HP without needing a critical.

If that's a bug at all, it's a bug in the damage calculator, which has its own reporting thread. The damage calculator is figuring that terrains go in the same spot in the damage formula as weather effects do, in which case it's "take a 100-power Earthquake, go through the formula until you get to the point where you add 2, then halve the entire result for grassy terrain at that point", and at the end you would arrive at a max roll of 322 damage compared to Cobalion's 323 HP. However, Grassy Terrain's halving effect on Earthquake/Bulldoze/Magnitude applies at the stage of the move power, which makes it a 50-power Earthquake and then the +2 is completely unencumbered from any consequences of that halving. If you follow along with the formula using those figures, you'll find that the max roll is really 324, which can get the KO against 323 HP without needing a critical.
and about when he said that he used e-speed on a lele under psychic terrain with a mold breaker lucario, can I conclude it's a liar or he was telling the truth and there's a bug at this point?

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
found a bug about ditto, actually according to the bug, when ditto transforms, it keeps his ditto stats instead of the other mon's ones. It actually shouldn't be.

Proof : https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-793323736
I'm assuming you're referring to the popup screen when you hover over the mon. On cart, checking the summary of a transformed Ditto will not display the transformed stats, but Ditto's normal stats, so this is an attempt to mirror cart behavior and not disclose information you would not be able to see if playing on cart, such as EVs and nature.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesubers-793515785

In a double battle, once it gets down to 1 Pokemon left on a side, the targeting grid contains a blank slot you can click--this much is a faithful representation of the game. In most cases, that blank slot doesn't matter: anything that attempts to target it is shunted over to that team's other slot, which does contain a Pokemon, so it's as though you just clicked the real slot instead. However, in the specific case of Me First, it makes a difference. You can target the blank slot with Me First in-game and it will always fail, even if that team's survivor chose a damaging attack that turn. Showdown does not capture this mechanic yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)