Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres a bug with the use of "Light that Burns the Sky" on ubers.
Sometimes the option to use the z move doesnt show up.
As you can see from this screenshot:

Sem título.png

There were only 4 turns.
On turn 3 you can see i Ultra Bursted into Ultra Necrozma
On turn 4 Ive used Heat Wave
On turn 5 it doesnt show the option to use Light that Burns the Sky

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Theres a bug with the use of "Light that Burns the Sky" on ubers.
Sometimes the option to use the z move doesnt show up.
As you can see from this screenshot:

View attachment 149789

There were only 4 turns.
On turn 3 you can see i Ultra Bursted into Ultra Necrozma
On turn 4 Ive used Heat Wave
On turn 5 it doesnt show the option to use Light that Burns the Sky
Did you perhaps have any other Pokemon with a Z-move that used the Z-Move earlier in the battle? You can only use one Z-Move per battle across your entire team. So if, for example, your Pheromosa used All-out Pummeling on turn 1 or 2, you wouldn't be able to use Light that burns the sky on Necrozma.

Hi ! In many metagames, there is the Evasion clause forbiding evasion boosting moves. But somes Z-moves increase evasion without increasing it normaly. Moves such as Lucky Chant, Smoke Screen, Camouflage, Detect and Magnet Rise. I fighted against someone using this strategy ( http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-836137993 ) and I don't know if it is allowed. It is indeed breaking evasion clause but it could be allowed because of some reasons i don't know.
Thanks for the job you do and for your mercy about my unperfect english.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Hi ! In many metagames, there is the Evasion clause forbiding evasion boosting moves. But somes Z-moves increase evasion without increasing it normaly. Moves such as Lucky Chant, Smoke Screen, Camouflage, Detect and Magnet Rise. I fighted against someone using this strategy ( http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-836137993 ) and I don't know if it is allowed. It is indeed breaking evasion clause but it could be allowed because of some reasons i don't know.
The evasion clause was updated during Gen 7 to explicitly ban Double Team and Minimize and not cover the Z Evasion boosting moves.

You can read more about this in this thread: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/evasion-clause-and-z-moves.3599439/

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
The evasion clause was updated during Gen 7 to explicitly ban Double Team and Minimize and not cover the Z Evasion boosting moves.

You can read more about this in this thread: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/evasion-clause-and-z-moves.3599439/
Thats my bad then, I told him to post here.

I believe the accuracy boost associated with Victory Star is not functioning on showdown. Both Wide Lens and Compound Eyes, as well as boosts from moves such as coil and hone claws, display the improved accuracy percentage for whichever move you hover over with your cursor. Victory Star does not do this; Blue Flare remains 85% instead of 93.5%, Focus Blast remains 70% instead of 77%, etc. I held off on making this post for months in hopes that the ability functioned properly even though the displayed accuracy was not what it should be, though I always got the feeling I was missing far too many Blue Flares and Bolt Strikes. Recently, I noticed my Victini missed its signature V-Create when there were no accuracy/evasion modifiers that could have potentially affected this. If Victory Star functions properly, Victini should never miss V-Create, as the ability overcompensates for the move's 95% accuracy (theoretically, it'd boost it to 104.5%). Speaking with some other Victini users, they seemed to share this sentiment but never felt the need to act on it. I truly believe the ability is not input completely correctly on showdown's database, and hope to see it fixed soon. Thank you very much in advance.

Mathy

F░U░R░R░E░T░ I░N░ B░I░O░
is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
I believe the accuracy boost associated with Victory Star is not functioning on showdown. Both Wide Lens and Compound Eyes, as well as boosts from moves such as coil and hone claws, display the improved accuracy percentage for whichever move you hover over with your cursor. Victory Star does not do this; Blue Flare remains 85% instead of 93.5%, Focus Blast remains 70% instead of 77%, etc. I held off on making this post for months in hopes that the ability functioned properly even though the displayed accuracy was not what it should be, though I always got the feeling I was missing far too many Blue Flares and Bolt Strikes. Recently, I noticed my Victini missed its signature V-Create when there were no accuracy/evasion modifiers that could have potentially affected this. If Victory Star functions properly, Victini should never miss V-Create, as the ability overcompensates for the move's 95% accuracy (theoretically, it'd boost it to 104.5%). Speaking with some other Victini users, they seemed to share this sentiment but never felt the need to act on it. I truly believe the ability is not input completely correctly on showdown's database, and hope to see it fixed soon. Thank you very much in advance.
V-Create should never miss with Victory Star, you are right. Do you have a replay of this perchance? That would help shed light on the issue.

This replay shows V-Create hitting successfully 47/47 times, making me over 90% sure that it's working properly on the simulator side of things.

As for showing Victory Star boosted accuracy on the overlay, I agree this should be implemented at some point.

V-Create should never miss with Victory Star, you are right. Do you have a replay of this perchance? That would help shed light on the issue.

This replay shows V-Create hitting successfully 47/47 times, making me over 90% sure that it's working properly on the simulator side of things.

As for showing Victory Star boosted accuracy on the overlay, I agree this should be implemented at some point.
Thank you fo much for your response -- unfortunately I do not have a replay. Inspired, I just ran a similar custom battle with V-Create connecting 45/45 times (using all max HP/max def/Bold Victinis to maximize number of V-Creates used). I ran the same test three times, with zero misses, all but proving the ability is in fact functioning properly. I'll post that replay for the heck of it.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7customgame-836960086

It is, however, possible the opposing pokemon was holding Bright Powder or Lax Incense as its item. That's something I hadn't considered.

OU room had its status updated to "high traffic" a few minutes ago. While I believe this is mostly a back-end thing, it did seem to change who has permissions to post one-character messages in the room (it may have affected other permissions too, but I'm not sure of how to test those).

Previously, as a global voice, I could post one-character or letterless messages in the room freely so long as I am on my main. However, now when I attempt to, I get the message:

"Due to this room being a high traffic room, your message must contain at least two letters."

Moreover, I asked room mod and global voice FMG to attempt to post a one-character line for testing reasons. He attempted to post a message with the text "." alone - on his end, it went through, but it was not visible to me or anyone else.

Is this an intentional change, or did some wires cross and some permissions get changed accidentally?

peach

just know that if you hide it doesn't go away
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
High traffic rooms prevent messages with less than two letters from being sent. Roomstaff such as FMG are able to bypass this. A single . (or "lagtest") is a special message, it'll only appear to you (for the purpose of testing lag/disconnects).

That being said, not being able to lagtest in a high traffic room is probably an oversight.

A single . (or "lagtest") is a special message, it'll only appear to you (for the purpose of testing lag/disconnects).
Ah, thank you for clarifying this. That specific part of my post makes sense now.

That said, is it intentional that global voices can no longer bypass this filter? Because I recall (as recently as yesterday) that I could freely bypass the two-letter minimum (OU room logs should show me doing so), but now it appears to be restricted to roomauth. I don't mind either way - it's doesn't really matter - but I do want to make sure that this permission change isn't unintended.

And yes, client-side lagtests should probably be opened up to all, as you pointed out.

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Morfent told me to post here.

if you have the ticket list htmlroom open in the background and it starts highlighting, if you hover your mouse over it, it displays "undefined"

There is a bug with stat-boosting moves in RBY.

Here is a video from Crystal_ explaining how stat-boosting moves are weird. Note the correction in the video blurb.

The short version is:
- If a stat is already at 999, +1 boosting moves will have no effect and +2 boosting moves will boost by +1 (unless it's at +5 or +6 in which case they'll also have no effect). Either of these will display failure (the +1 effect from +2 boosting moves is a glitch in RBY cartridge, like the failed Belly Drum = Swords Dance glitch in GSC).
- Lowering a stat recalculates it but ignores the cap at 999, allowing Pokemon to reach higher stats if it's still boosted above 999 at the lower stat stage (e.g. a Mewtwo at +4 Special lowered to +3 by Psychic would have 1015 Special).

However, testing this in Showdown shows that it's not implemented.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1ubers-838614442

At turn 3, the opposing Mewtwo at +4 Special (which is capped out at 999) uses Amnesia again; this should put it to +5 while displaying failure, but instead apparently puts it to +6 (this is neither intended nor actual behaviour in cartridge).
At turn 9, the opposing Mewtwo is hit with a Special drop from Psychic. This should uncap its Special, but doesn't. We know it doesn't because of the damage values on turn 10; had Mewtwo's Special been uncapped, it would roll over to a much lower value (the 1024 stat rollover bug) and its Ice Beam would have done far less damage while Thunderbolt would have done much more to it.

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
Every time myself and apparently others log in to Showdown in the LGPE OU room, we get a tournament notification, despite the last tournament in there happening 2 days ago. It doesn't seem to be happening in other private rooms I'm in.

also bumping this one because I've never gotten any explanation or acknowledgement of it ?_?
A few times now I've gotten the "Your username contains emojis, which this room doesn't allow." error in rooms that filter for that, despite never once having placed an emojus in my name. I do occasionally use them in actual chat messages. Logging out of the simulator and re-logging fixes the issue for some amount of time.

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
In LGPE OU, displaying of stats seems to be skewed a bit:

In this screenshot, Cloyster is shown having a Speed of 99
https://prnt.sc/lynkmt

However, the next screenshot shows in teambuilder that the stat is actually 91.
https://prnt.sc/lynl89

If you were to hover over the opponent's Pokemon, the Speed value shown would be the one from teambuilder (e.g. if it was Cloyster, it'd show 91)

In the same battle, my Cloyster got outsped at +2 by Mega Aerodactyl despite it showing 99 Speed and Mega Aero's stat being 190. After checking teambuilder, I saw 91 as the stat. It'd make sense that the actual stat is 91, as 91 * 2 is 182, which is lower than Mega Aero's 190 Speed stat.

I doubt this is intended, idk, it just doesn't make much sense

There appears to be a minor text bug with the ability Mummy:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randomdoublesbattle-839605139

As far as I know, Mummy is acknowledged (e.g. "Muk's Mummy!") and then it will say that it transferred the ability to the opponent ("Pachirisu's ability became Mummy!"). The second message is currently not showing up, although it does not appear to affect the correct behavior of the ability. So just an issue with the text.

edit: similar thing happening with Hi Jump Kick, the message "___ kept going and crashed!" for a miss/protect is not showing up, although it's still doing damage as it should

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)