Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokémon Showdown Teambuilder says that the combination of Bullet Punch, Mach Punch and Sucker Punch on a Hitmontop is illegal.
In generation 4 Hitmontop can learn Sucker Punch by move tutor and Bullet Punch and Mach Punch are egg moves for the whole Hitmon line and Hitmonchan learns both of them by levelup. Egg moves are only passed down by the father but Hitmonchan is always male and therefore can pass the moves down.
A similar situation is the case with Drifblim. That mon gets Sucker Punch only by move tutor on gen 4, and gets Destiny Bond and Memento as egg moves from Weezing and Koffing but the Teambuilder does not see this combination as illegal. Either I'm missing something or one of these is wrong.
Nothing on the Bulbapedia Egg Move or Breeding pages can explain this and all my data comes from Serebii.

Pokémon Showdown Teambuilder says that the combination of Bullet Punch, Mach Punch and Sucker Punch on a Hitmontop is illegal.
In generation 4 Hitmontop can learn Sucker Punch by move tutor and Bullet Punch and Mach Punch are egg moves for the whole Hitmon line and Hitmonchan learns both of them by levelup. Egg moves are only passed down by the father but Hitmonchan is always male and therefore can pass the moves down.
A similar situation is the case with Drifblim. That mon gets Sucker Punch only by move tutor on gen 4, and gets Destiny Bond and Memento as egg moves from Weezing and Koffing but the Teambuilder does not see this combination as illegal. Either I'm missing something or one of these is wrong.
Nothing on the Bulbapedia Egg Move or Breeding pages can explain this and all my data comes from Serebii.
Edit, I bred a Tyrogue in Pokémon Platinum and it has both Mach Punch and Bullet Punch

Attachments

The hardcoded banlist in the 'Pokemon' ruleset incorrectly takes precedence over legality-expanding rulesets such as 'STABmons Move Legality', disallowing sets that should be legal.

How to Replicate:-

1. Import the following set and validate it as [Gen 7] STABmons team:-

Code:
Shiftry 
Ability: Chlorophyll 
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe 
Adamant Nature 
- Leaf Blade 
- Sucker Punch

This set should be legal in STABmons because Shiftry has Grass/Dark typing and Leaf Blade and Sucker Punch are non-restricted Grass and Dark type moves, respectively.

2. Click validate. The validator will throw the following error:-

Your team was rejected for the following reasons: - Shiftry has the combination of Shiftry + Leaf Blade + Sucker Punch, which is impossible to obtain legitimately.

xwasp At first glance looking at your replay, that behavior is what I would expect to happen. I tried to see if Rest should remove drowsiness but I couldn't find anywhere that indicated that. Additionally I don't believe Yawn will fail unless the pokemon already has a status at the time of using Yawn. If it happens to gain a status in between the time that Yawn was used and the turn after, then the pokemon will not fall asleep. In your case, Rest removed the burn and the berry removed the sleep from Rest, so Registeel had no status, thus the Yawn sleep worked.

Again not 100% on that but the logic seems accurate to what I would expect.

Anyway I found a bug of my own it seems, likely just visual:

Replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randomdoublesbattle-895029820

Blacephalon used Mind Blown and this popped up. Strangely, it used Mind Blown the turn before too with no error.

That's how it's supposed to work. Klefki's turn properly takes place at the priority of the move it clicked that turn, not the natural priority of the move it ended up being forced into thanks to Encore, so because Liepard was faster and Klefki chose a move that was 1-priority for it, Klefki ends up trying to use Play Rough with a Prankster elevation.

If Klefki stays in for another turn, the move you click on that turn will have to be Play Rough, which gets no elevation on its own, and it will work on that turn without having to worry about running into a Prankster immunity.

Mathy

F░U░R░R░E░T░ I░N░ B░I░O░
is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Just a nitpick: you can still type "/tour join" if you have tournaments ignored but you can't respond to any battles in the tour

Your team was rejected for the following reasons: - Azumarill's moves Encore, Perish Song are incompatible.

but encore and perish song are egg moves ????

p0ip0le

it's a billion lions
Your team was rejected for the following reasons: - Azumarill's moves Encore, Perish Song are incompatible.

but encore and perish song are egg moves ????
azumarill doesn't get those two moves from the same egg lines/parents, if that makes sense. this might help you a bit

It's possible to challenge yourself. It can be done by playing any match, and when the battle is over, you can replay it. Hit switch sides, then hit skip to end. When you hit rematch, it will send a challenge to yourself. It fails because the game wont allow you to challenge yourself. Changing the code so that the player that is challenged is your foe and not the player on the opposite side as the one that you are viewing should fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)