Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed an issue with replays recently and it seems to be more frequent now. A message often pops up after you exit a battle room saying "You tried to send "/savereplay" to the room "battle-..." but it failed because you were not in that room. "

Sometimes, I have already saved the replay while still in the room, and it displays a message saying the replay was saved. The replay IS indeed saved if I go check replays. Then I close the battle room and get this message a minute or so later.

Additionally, this happens sometimes when the replay isn't even being saved. I ran into this a while back and it wasn't reproducible but now it's happening a lot and other users have seen similar behavior.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Using Skill Swap in a double battle between a Girafarig with Sap Sipper and an ally Kyogre-P with Primordial Sea doesn't give Kyogre-P Sap Sipper (Girafarig gets Primordial Sea, Kyogre-P keeps Primordial Sea as ability). Tried it in-game and it works there, so must be a bug. It works with Levitate from Bronzong.
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen7vgc2019ultraseries-978477847
It actually is Skill Swapping the ability, it's just not showing up to you as the user. See this post for a more in-depth explanation of what's going wrong (it's just a visual bug).

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ou-978012328
On turn 9, U-turn breaks the Sub but Intimidate doesn't activate when Gyarados comes in. Intimidate works normally on turn 17 when Gyara switches in.
This is apparently how U-turn vs. Substitute is really supposed to be handled in gen 4. If you want to call it a bug, then it would be a bug in the original game, not the sim which is trying to recreate that game.

I think this is a bug, this is BSS 17 Metagame, it says this one but it's breedable in the main Gen 7 games.

Your team was rejected for the following reasons:

- Togedemaru isn't obtainable at Level 1.

Last edited:
Turn 20

Ferrothorn, come back!
Go! Tapu Lele!
[Tapu Lele's Psychic Surge]
The battlefield got weird!

The opposing Conkeldurr used Ice Punch!
(Tapu Lele lost 39.5% of its health!)
The opposing Conkeldurr lost some of its HP!

Tapu Lele fainted!

Go! Kartana!

Turn 21

The opposing Conkeldurr is paralyzed! It can't move!

Kartana used Leaf Blade!
(The opposing Conkeldurr lost 49% of its health!)

The opposing Conkeldurr fainted!
[Kartana's Beast Boost]
Kartana's Attack rose!

Sononi sent out Scizor (Scizor-Mega)!
The opposing Scizor is hurt by the spikes!

Turn 22

Kartana, come back!
Go! Latias (Latias-Mega)!

The opposing Scizor used Bullet Punch!
(Latias lost 31.6% of its health!)

Is this a bug or just me?

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-978824995

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Turn 20

Ferrothorn, come back!
Go! Tapu Lele!
[Tapu Lele's Psychic Surge]
The battlefield got weird!

The opposing Conkeldurr used Ice Punch!
(Tapu Lele lost 39.5% of its health!)
The opposing Conkeldurr lost some of its HP!

Tapu Lele fainted!

Go! Kartana!

Turn 21

The opposing Conkeldurr is paralyzed! It can't move!

Kartana used Leaf Blade!
(The opposing Conkeldurr lost 49% of its health!)

The opposing Conkeldurr fainted!
[Kartana's Beast Boost]
Kartana's Attack rose!

Sononi sent out Scizor (Scizor-Mega)!
The opposing Scizor is hurt by the spikes!

Turn 22

Kartana, come back!
Go! Latias (Latias-Mega)!

The opposing Scizor used Bullet Punch!
(Latias lost 31.6% of its health!)

Is this a bug or just me?
(Assuming you're talking about Latias-Mega being hit by Bullet Punch while Psychic Terrain is active)

Only grounded Pokemon are protected from priority while Psychic Terrain is up. Since Mega Latias has Levitate, it's not protected from priority moves like Bullet Punch.

This is apparently how U-turn vs. Substitute is really supposed to be handled in gen 4. If you want to call it a bug, then it would be a bug in the original game, not the sim which is trying to recreate that game.
Is there a source for this? I did some quick poking around and couldn’t find anything. I’m curious if this was discovered or implemented recently because I don’t recall ever seeing it happen before.

Dawn of Ares

Power of Athena!
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Silvally-Grass seems to be lacking a gen 7 sprite, instead defaulting to a gen 5 sprite, for me, but only on my side of the field.

Replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-979342872

On team preview, a gen 7 sprite is used, but in the battle itself, a gen 5 sprite is used instead.

Team Preview: https://prnt.sc/p8xe0v
In Battle: https://prnt.sc/p8xe2t
double check that you don't have "use BW sprites instead of XY models" enabled and "disable gifs for chrome 64 bug" enabled

When I click on "Ignore Opponent", it throws me a list of random errors.
rofl2.png

rofl.png

Reactions: pre
Special event vivillons in CC1v1 only have the move psybeam. I don't know if it affects the regular pattern ones, but all the fancy and pokeball patterned viv's are affected.

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_4.png

Last edited:
Was playing randoms today.

The application of storm throw's guaranteed crit and the critical-nullifying effect of battle armor is mis-ordered.

Had a Type: Null with Battle Armor, and a Throh used Storm Throw.

The result was a critical hit. The expected result is not a critical hit (battle armor and related abilities are the only way for guaranteed-crits like storm throw and frost breath to not crit).

The application of storm throw's guaranteed crit and the critical-nullifying effect of battle armor is mis-ordered.

The result was a critical hit. The expected result is not a critical hit (battle armor and related abilities are the only way for guaranteed-crits like storm throw and frost breath to not crit).
Can you show us a replay?

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor

Throh likely had Mold Breaker, which would ignore Battle Armor's effects.

breh

強いだね

Throh has mold breaker, probably.

I've noticed a lot, as I play more and more tournaments on PS, it becomes more alarming. It seems like the DQ timer doesn't work / is buggy. Most tours have 2 minute DQ timers, but the opponents who are AFK don't get DQed until like 5 minutes after the challenge has been sent / initiated. I've seen others complain about it too, so I know I'm not going crazy.

[19:39:20] +Wiggleetuff: what's the deal with autodq on tours?
[19:39:31] +Wiggleetuff: i timed it once when i set it to 2 mins and it took 5 minutes to DQ

(the above quotes are from earlier today, 9-22-19 in the help room)

Is this a recurring issue that has been brought up, or has it been worked on? If not, I think this is something that needs to be looked at soon for sure!

Last edited:
Ladder decay is seemingly not working. I was observing a user's ladder rank, and after decay should take place, their rank stayed the same. This seemingly only happens to inactive accounts.
Capture10.PNG
Capture11.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)