Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't add or remove Abilities to Pokemon in Let's Go OU Teambuilder, and then when I try to start a battle, it says I have Abilities turned on and it's not a valid team.
IMG_0915.jpg

warzoid

I have several gelatinous friends
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Curse + Self-Destruct on a Gluttony Snorlax in USUM UU is rejected with "Snorlax's egg moves are incompatible." It appears that the moves should be breedable in-game. This issue seems to have begun today.

Hi,
It may be a bug or perhaps it is a known bug on cartridge, i don't know but Shedinja, on Pokemon Showdown in Gen 3 is unable to learn both Silver Wind AND Swords Dance, which is weird considering the fact that on cartridge you can breed Nincada with Silver Wind and then evolve it at level 25 into Ninjask which then learns Swords Dance upon evolving and so does Shedinja in the process.
I hope that's clear enough, English is not my native language.
Have a nice day!
This is fixed! The pokémon validator has been changed, which may also explain some of the other recent bugs above.

While i can change the abilities of the pokemon that i am making a team with. The Almost Any Ability other meta won’t allow me to play saying that various pokemon are not allowed to have certain abilities. Like Tapu Lele cannot have Poison Heal or Gourgeist cannot have Prankster.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Another validator issue in Gen 4 DPP OU:

Charizard @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance

This Charizard is supposedly illegal because of the following - "Charizard has an unbreedable Hidden Ability - it can't use egg moves. ". Not only is this Gen 4 (so Hidden Abilities shouldn't be a factor), but the set itself is perfectly legal. Dragon Dance is an egg move, Earthquake is a TM, and Thunder Punch / Fire Punch are both move tutor moves.

A12B5FF2-3217-4FD3-AE0B-1B206437E414.png

Today, Inheritance has started telling people that my Masquerain-Venusaur is a Growlithe. Much as I appreciate the help, since my opponents don’t anticipate the Quiver Dance Growlithe, it’s probably something that needs looking into.

Also had a “Meowth-Alola” Defog against me once, so it seems the issue isn’t exclusive to me.

EDIT: Updating the above -
5BC43F4D-5E16-4D4D-9DCD-D8F7CC20389D.png
F02A6CCE-0735-4EF4-9445-66D6FBA6FBD1.png
F07DB354-FDC9-469F-85A6-8BDA3C8F9702.png
0D8FAB11-1561-4EE2-86E5-634663C15F7A.png

Seems Inheritance as a whole is bugged out today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alpha

Banned deucer.
View attachment 199516
Today, Inheritance has started telling people that my Masquerain-Venusaur is a Growlithe. Much as I appreciate the help, since my opponents don’t anticipate the Quiver Dance Growlithe, it’s probably something that needs looking into.

Also had a “Meowth-Alola” Defog against me once, so it seems the issue isn’t exclusive to me.
Hello SheerForce. Apparently, after the last validator refractor, Inheritance broke. Dev team is already aware of that and will work on a solution as soon as possible.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Validator bug: Azumarill is able to have both Slam and Future Sight, but these are from incompatible sources.

Azumarill
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP
- Slam
- Future Sight

Future Sight is obtainable either as a Virtual Console Egg move or from chain breeding onto Marill/Azumarill, which means it is Marill/Azumarill only. Slam can only be obtained via Azurill, either by breeding or level-up. So Future Sight should not be compatible with Slam because Slam forces the move to be learned through Azurill.

Last edited:
says I cannot have Hidden Power Water, but I dont have HP water.
I've used this team before, just started getting the problem today

importable https://pokepast.es/5aa094b4f8dbb67c
Your importable says Hidden Power: Water on Slowbro after the ability, if you remove that part it should be fine.

https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen7metronomebattle-988499993

My Pokemon selected Future Sight with Metronome and when it fired off, I got the message:

(Future Sight did not hit because the target is the user.)

How did this happen? I assume this is an error arising from the target having fainted, but if so the text isn't describing it correctly.
This has happened to me a few times too, sometimes even when everyone is alive.

Last edited:
Gen 3 doubles custom game has restrictions for my team. eg.
- Beedrill can't have Pure Power.
- Beedrill can't learn Spore.
- Beedrill must be at least level 10 to be evolved.
- Rayquaza can't have Wonder Guard.
- Rayquaza can't learn Transform.
Ignore the randoms mons and abilites, but isn't it supposed to be anything goes?

Currently the loginserver is broke and stuff like this are quite common:
1570548832234.png

I hear the assertion validator is broke, and that anyone that refreshes PS won't be able to get back on. Anything being done about this?

Can't log into pokemon showdown, I recieve the following error message:

"Your assertion is for the wrong server. This server is sim2.psim.us."

This happens regardless of the username. If the username exists, then one is prompted for a password before the error message is displayed.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
View attachment 199684
Had this problem at least in 3 different matches while trying to save replays for roa tour night. Earthworm Alumn
Currently the loginserver is broke and stuff like this are quite common:
View attachment 199687

I hear the assertion validator is broke, and that anyone that refreshes PS won't be able to get back on. Anything being done about this?
Can't log into pokemon showdown, I recieve the following error message:

"Your assertion is for the wrong server. This server is sim2.psim.us."

This happens regardless of the username. If the username exists, then one is prompted for a password before the error message is displayed.
We are aware and are working on the issues as we speak.

double check that you don't have "use BW sprites instead of XY models" enabled and "disable gifs for chrome 64 bug" enabled
Quite a bit late (don't really use the forums much), but I don't use either of those

As I mentioned, it only takes effect on my side of the field, on the opponent's side of the field, it's a normal sprite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)