Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

queso

too cheesy
is a Tiering Contributor
more validity (sorry) ttar should be able to get ddance with its ha because ddance is an egg move for larvitar, and you can breed a male larvitar w ddance with a female HA larvitar to eventually get an HA larvitar with ddance.
1570590333654.png

It's been bugged for some time. I've got a kludge, but if I knew how accuracy and other move checks affect it on-cart then it might transpire that there's a much better fix. (For instance, if someone has an evasion boost and uses Protect, does it say they were protected, they were immune, or you missed? Also, the answer probably depends on which version you were playing, so DPPt might say you missed while ORAS might always say they were immune and USUM might always say that they were protected.)

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
It's been bugged for some time. I've got a kludge, but if I knew how accuracy and other move checks affect it on-cart then it might transpire that there's a much better fix. (For instance, if someone has an evasion boost and uses Protect, does it say they were protected, they were immune, or you missed? Also, the answer probably depends on which version you were playing, so DPPt might say you missed while ORAS might always say they were immune and USUM might always say that they were protected.)
You should use Discord more... it's been like a year and you haven't accepted my friend request. We have an entire server for this kind of mechanics question.

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
The leaderboard in the OU room looks and acts differently than normal. It's lighter than usual and the players who participated in the associated room tour aren't highlighted anymore like they used to be. Look at the tournament winner vanisherrr for example who is ranked 37 on the leaderboard after the tour but isn't highlighted.

Leaderboard.png

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
The leaderboard in the OU room looks and acts differently than normal. It's lighter than usual and the players who participated in the associated room tour aren't highlighted anymore like they used to be. Look at the tournament winner vanisherrr for example who is ranked 37 on the leaderboard after the tour but isn't highlighted.

View attachment 199918
Thats a feature implemented in the bot Scrappie, and not part of the site's code. Bug reports for bots should go to the bot's owner(s) (Teremiare OrdA)

Gen 3 doubles custom game has restrictions for my team. eg.
- Beedrill can't have Pure Power.
- Beedrill can't learn Spore.
- Beedrill must be at least level 10 to be evolved.
- Rayquaza can't have Wonder Guard.
- Rayquaza can't learn Transform.
Ignore the randoms mons and abilites, but isn't it supposed to be anything goes?
anything goes doesnt literally mean anything goes. you still have to have legal movesets but all clauses except endless battle are removed. if you're looking for the tier that allows anything, that'd be balanced hackmons

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
anything goes doesnt literally mean anything goes. you still have to have legal movesets but all clauses except endless battle are removed. if you're looking for the tier that allows anything, that'd be balanced hackmons
The format he mentioned was [Gen 3] Custom Game, which literally allows anything, even having more then 4 moves and 6 pokemon. There was a bug enforcing validation on that format which has since been fixed.

I didn't save the battle, but I was in a random battle just now and I had a togekiss which has been burned and was taking 0 damage per turn from it. Interestingly, I had just swapped out a mega zam which had traced a clefable's magic guard....but obviously togekiss didn't have that

Alpha

Banned deucer.
I didn't save the battle, but I was in a random battle just now and I had a togekiss which has been burned and was taking 0 damage per turn from it. Interestingly, I had just swapped out a mega zam which had traced a clefable's magic guard....but obviously togekiss didn't have that
Hello Sionnach7285. I've checked your battle (https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-990248947 - assuming it was this one) and Togekiss was holding Leftovers, meaning that the damage dealt by the burn was restored by Leftovers, thus making Togekiss not losing any health due to that status condition.

Mummy doesn't trigger regardless of move or ability if the move ends the battle, such as a wild battle where they don't have an SOS partner. Using an in-game double battle and attacking my teammate, I can confirm that neither Sunsteel Strike nor any contact move with Mold Breaker prevents your ability from being replaced with Mummy if it's not the final move of the battle.

Hi,

This is a really simple one to fix. I was messing around with Regigigas and Slow Start on a custom server of mine (making it 1 turn) when I noticed that when switched in, it would immediately break out of Slow Start. I realized that didn't seem right because I remember Regigigas still taking 5 turns on cartridge when either sent out, or switched in.

I tested my hypothesis on Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon, and indeed when switched in, it still takes 5 turns for Slow Start to activate, not 4 like how other activations work (for instance, Electric Terrain only has 4 turns of activation after switching in). This just means that Slow Start is a special case.

Here is a link to the replay. This is vanilla Showdown. You'll notice I use Foresight 4 times rather than 5 like intended on cartridge.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-991522010

I'll probably also make a push request on the github, but I'm not the best programmer so yah.

EDIT: confirmed this is the case on cart again and that only Slow Start does this.

EDIT 2: If you guys could help me out, it would be appreciated because I've been trying to figure this out for the last 2 days to no avail.

Last edited:

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion

For some reason, Latias-Mega counts as a Gen6+ Pokemon on Pokemon Showdown and cannot use HP Fighting with it even though Latias has no such restrictions. Curiously, Latias-Mega couting as a Gen6+ Pokemon has no bearing on Latias-Mega being able to learn a move from a previous game like Whirlpool or Fury Cutter.

I'd like to report an issue in Pokemon Showdown with Golisopod's ability 'Emergency Exit' (and also wimpod's ability wimp out as it has the same function).

In Pokemon SM/USUM, if Golisopod is inflicted with burn, poison, nightmare, leech seed, or any other passive damage, and Golisopod's HP is reduced to less than 50% DUE to that specific damage and Golisopod is still holding a Sitrus Berry, what happens is the Berry activates before the ability Emergency Exit activates, meaning that golisopod isn't forced to switch on that turn because the sitrus berry brings it HP back above 50%.

HOWEVER in Pokemon Showdown, this doesn't happen. What happens is the Ability activates first, forcing Golisopod to switch, and before you're given the option of who to pick next, Golisopod eats the berry and regains its HP above 50%.

Why does this happen, because in Pokemon Showdown, if Golisopod takes Attack damage, and its HP is below 50%, the berry activates before the ability and it stays in battle if its HP goes back up above 50%, which is what happens in the core games.

I would love to see this fixed as I love using Golisopod, it's my 3rd Fav Pokemon ever, and i'd like to keep using it in my crazy OU team as much as I can.

Typing /back even immediately after /away says "You are already marked as back", not sure that this is the intended message (functionally it's fine and the command works)

1571169397944.png

hey I've got an issue in gen 3 OU, Showdown's complaining that my Weezing has an illegal movese (will-o-wisp and pain split) but chain breeding a male misdreavus with pain split with a female duskull and leveling up the male baby with a will-o-wisp to breed with a female koffing will yield a weezing with pain split and wisp. If i'm in the wrong bug thread let me know, thanks!

In the pokemon showdown calculator it doesn't correctly show z-move damage...for some reason it's always like .2 or .5%. What gives?

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Admin
In the pokemon showdown calculator it doesn't correctly show z-move damage...for some reason it's always like .2 or .5%. What gives?
Assuming were talking about Z-moves from standard moves, are you putting the Z move in as the move? If so thats wrong, Z moves hacked in like that are 1 BP hence the low damage. To calculate a Z move based off an existing move, hit the "Z" button down by the move selection dropdown.
Annotation 2019-10-15 173149.png

Annotation 2019-10-15 173150.png

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Validator bug: Azumarill is able to have both Slam and Future Sight, but these are from incompatible sources.

Azumarill
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP
- Slam
- Future Sight

Future Sight is obtainable either as a Virtual Console Egg move or from chain breeding onto Marill/Azumarill, which means it is Marill/Azumarill only. Slam can only be obtained via Azurill, either by breeding or level-up. So Future Sight should not be compatible with Slam because Slam forces the move to be learned through Azurill.
Fixed

For some reason, Latias-Mega counts as a Gen6+ Pokemon on Pokemon Showdown and cannot use HP Fighting with it even though Latias has no such restrictions. Curiously, Latias-Mega couting as a Gen6+ Pokemon has no bearing on Latias-Mega being able to learn a move from a previous game like Whirlpool or Fury Cutter.
Fixed

hey I've got an issue in gen 3 OU, Showdown's complaining that my Weezing has an illegal movese (will-o-wisp and pain split) but chain breeding a male misdreavus with pain split with a female duskull and leveling up the male baby with a will-o-wisp to breed with a female koffing will yield a weezing with pain split and wisp. If i'm in the wrong bug thread let me know, thanks!
Fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)