Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk if this was already talked about but Special Attack dynamax moves haven’t been receiving the damage increase such as the physical attack moves.

Well, I just hopped into another battle. I didn't save the replay, but I don't think it'll show up in the replay anyway. I was encored into using Swords Dance with Lucario. Then I selected Dynamax, and all the other move options became available Making me think Dynamaxing got you out of encore like Z-moves did, so I selected Max Knuckle. But when the turn played out, I used Max Guard, derivative of Swords Dance. After that turn, all the other options were faded and I couldn't choose them.

Perish Song

flaunt
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
are you supposed to be able to change moves when you have a choice item during dynamax?
Yes. Intended mechanics that completely nullifies effects of choice items. Applies to both buffs and choice lock status.
Also are dynamaxed pokemon immune to weight based moves such as grass knot, low kick and heavy slam?
Yes, also intended.
I haven't played Gen 8, so I don't know if this is a bug or a mechanic, but I was gonna use Grass Knot on this guy's Lanturn. Then he dynamaxed in the same turn, and Grass Knot failed. That doesn't seem right.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1011426108
See above.
Well, I just hopped into another battle. I didn't save the replay, but I don't think it'll show up in the replay anyway. I was encored into using Swords Dance with Lucario. Then I selected Dynamax, and all the other move options became available Making me think Dynamaxing got you out of encore like Z-moves did, so I selected Max Knuckle. But when the turn played out, I used Max Guard, derivative of Swords Dance. After that turn, all the other options were faded and I couldn't choose them.
Any status move transforms into Max Guard. Once you are Encored you keep using that status move, thus locking you to protect. However, Im unsure if this is the intended behaviour, we'd need a test on this one.

Not a bug. It ignores abilities and moves that draw in moves. This list includes abilities like Storm Drain and Lightningrod, its not supposed to function like a Mold Breaker.
Can you gives examples of moves that draw in moves? (Besides Electrify, Me First, Mirror Move, Plasma Fists)

And what's up with the height values of the G-Max Pokémon? I get that Eternamax Eternatus is weightless and 100 meters tall, but for all G-Max Pokémon to be weightless and heightless? I actually thought Heavy Slam, Grass Knot, and Low Kick were going to be useful.

Last edited:

Perish Song

flaunt
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Can you gives examples of moves that draw in moves? (Besides Electrify, Me First, Mirror Move, Plasma Fists)
Follow Me, Rage Powder and Spotlight are the only moves that draw in moves. While Lightningrod and Storm Drain are the only abilities that can draw in moves.

Charizard gigamax's fire moves don't work as they should. I think they must work as magma storm (without trapping) but they don't.

How is it that Tar Shot is a Status move that makes Contact and Nonreflectable?
Its move description in the game is "The user pours sticky tar over the target, lowering the target’s Speed stat. The target becomes weaker to Fire-type moves."
Its move description in Smogon is "Lowers the target's Speed by 1 stage. Until the target switches out, it takes 2x damage from Fire moves."
In PS!, the move description is "-1 Spe. Target takes 2x damage from Fire moves."
It used to read "has ¼ recoil."
When I first read this, I thought 'So you have to drop your speed in order to do more damage with Fire?' But that's wrong, so its wording is confusing.

If that was all correct, Tar Shot is the only Status move that makes Contact with a target. (Which is why that is not correct.)
According to both Bulbapedia and Serebii, it is affected by Magic Bounce and Mirror Coat, and does not make contact.

Your team was rejected for the following reasons:
- Umbreon's move Heal Bell is not available in generation 8.
- Tyranitar's move Focus Punch is not available in generation 8.
- Clefable's move Heal Bell is not available in generation 8
what's that about?

Edit: I'm not seeing either of those moves in https://pastebin.com/3FTfUgzd

Last edited:
um excuse me? how come hazard removal isn't legal
Rapid Spin Cloyster is apparently not an egg move anymore, and otherwise would come from Gen 7 or snapped parents.
Defog Pelipper comes from Gen 7 tutor and doesn't get it in base Gen 8

Your team was rejected for the following reasons:
- Umbreon's move Heal Bell is not available in generation 8.
- Tyranitar's move Focus Punch is not available in generation 8.
- Clefable's move Heal Bell is not available in generation 8
Umbreon/Eevee got Heal Bell from a Gen 7 tutor
Tyranitar got Focus Punch from a Gen 7 tutor
Clefable also got Heal Bell from a Gen 7 tutor

As such I think it's safe to believe this is pre-pokebank/home aka current ingame state. No transfers yet

EDIT: According to that move data pastebin spreadsheet Clangorous Soul is a dance move. It is not on PS.
1574027051284.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)