Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn of Ares

Power of Athena!
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
As seen here in turns 29/30 - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1randombattle-1021542112, there's an issue with Counter. Somehow my pokemon inflicted a whole LOAD of damage on the rebound, despite its opponent not attacking due to paralysis.

Apologies if this is already known.
Counter had really odd interactions in gen 1. Full paralysis, along with switching, wont reset the amount of damage done to activate counter. Basically, not a bug.

When searching for pokemon by move in the team editor, pokemon which no longer learn a given move will still show up. For example, searching for mons with Knock Off will let you find Bisharp, even though Bisharp can no longer learn Knock Off. This happened with the team set to gen8 OU.

the bug where it makes intimidate activate twice is already posted, but here is a case where neutralizing gas fails for no reason, i think the bug is with levitate, as shown by other posts here
file:///C:/Users/4801768415/Downloads/Gen8BattleStadiumDoubles-2019-12-03-mooshroom333-catcherrubs.html

Dawn of Ares

Power of Athena!
the bug where it makes intimidate activate twice is already posted, but here is a case where neutralizing gas fails for no reason, i think the bug is with levitate, as shown by other posts here
file:///C:/Users/4801768415/Downloads/Gen8BattleStadiumDoubles-2019-12-03-mooshroom333-catcherrubs.html
Do not use download replay for sharing replays. Yse "upload and share replay" instead. Its much easier to share, and we cant even acess that one.

Dawn of Ares

Power of Athena!
When searching for pokemon by move in the team editor, pokemon which no longer learn a given move will still show up. For example, searching for mons with Knock Off will let you find Bisharp, even though Bisharp can no longer learn Knock Off. This happened with the team set to gen8 OU.
Bisharp will be able to learn it once home comes out, so its done that way in preparation for that

I didn't save the replays but twice today, I've had my Pokemon switch before my opponents on a turn we both switched, despite my Pokemon being slower than their's. They were in gen7uu and gen6uu so maybe that has something to do with it but ye, here's a clear example:
View attachment 209512
My Doublade had no Speed investment and the cress wasn't iron ball or paralyzed or anything. This can be a pretty useful tool in-game for determining the speed of foes, but it throws everything completely off if that isn't the case. The other time today, I assumed my max Speed Rotom-H was faster than the opposing Moltres, which came into play later in the game when it revealed I was actually slower.
I encountered the same issue in DPP as well. Look at turn 20 and turn 27:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ou-1021795129

Reactions: Pak
1575399069568.png

It's only a visual bug ( if you try to validate, the team is legal ) but Z items are marqued as "illegal" in gen7ou
1575399243855.png

And in Gen8 Natdex ( AG or OU ) "Past" pokémon doesn't appear, and when i search them, it's marqued "illegal" too ( same as before, only a visual bug )

I just found another showdown bug with dynamax..... if you are using a choice item, and get disabled, you SHOULD be able to bypass the choice item by dynamaxing.... but in showdown, the only dynamax move choice while disabled is from struggle, aka the normal type move.

RoiDadadou

My heart and actions are utterly unclouded.
is a Pre-Contributor
Pokemon Showdown displays that "Snipe Shot" has a high critical hit ratio, when it's not a caracteristic of said attack, on bulbapedia and in the game.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Pokemon Showdown displays that "Snipe Shot" has a high critical hit ratio, when it's not a caracteristic of said attack, on bulbapedia and in the game.
This is false. Snipe Shot has a hidden +1 crit modifier, as seen via datamining.

To show the move data (second to last column on this table):

MovesVersionMoveIDCanUseMoveTypeQualityCategoryPowerAccuracyPPPriorityHitMinHitMaxInflictInflictPercentRawInflictCountTurnMinTurnMaxCritStageFlinch
Dynamax Cannon5744TRUE150210010050000000000
Snipe Shot5745TRUE100280100150000000010
Jaw Lock5746TRUE160180100100000000000

I just found another showdown bug with dynamax..... if you are using a choice item, and get disabled, you SHOULD be able to bypass the choice item by dynamaxing.... but in showdown, the only dynamax move choice while disabled is from struggle, aka the normal type move.
I had a very similar thing happen when my ditto impostered in this replay on turn 12. The move selector only allowed me to select max phantasm (i assume that it changed to max phantasm because shadow ball was the left-most move in the gengar's moveset). Then proceeded to use max strike (I assume "max struggle") and the text said "There was no PP left for the move!" followed by "(This is not a bug, this is really how it works on the Switch; try it yourself if you don't believe us.)" given as I did not switch, I assume this prompt popped up in either the wrong spot, or none of what just happened is a bug and the message is unclear.

If there IS some funky in-game explanation as to what happened here, I would love to hear it, otherwise, yeah, that's a bug.

Yeah, I think this is what orikalin is talking about
ps picture.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)