Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bug Summary:
When switching out, Eternamax's HP is not getting reset to regular non-Dynamax levels, and every time it switches in, Eternatus's HP is doubled again thanks to dynamax.
This allows it to reach ludicrous amounts of HP simply by switching out and in repeatedly.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8customgame-1022500642 (24 Pokemon, 24 moves/mon, level 9999)
Key points:
Turn 10-14: Regenerator progressively getting less effective on Eternamax
Turn 15: Grassy Terrain heals for practically nothing for same Eternamax (was set by Max Overgrowth)
Turn 17+: Regenerator Eternamax takes practically nothing from all attacks for the rest of the battle
Turn 49: +2 Huge Power Mewtwo Mega X OHKOes enemy Eternamax after Stealth Rock and Stonesurge with Light That Burns the Sky (working properly here; in my experience that attack does 90+ to fully invested Eternamax)
Turn 51: Same Mewtwo uses Photon Geyser against Unaware Eternamax, dealing 25% damage instead of ~50%. In the replay I chalked this up to Photon Geyser being bugged, but it's more likely that the Eternamax switched in once before and had double HP.

You can also notice that as the replay progresses, eternamaxes are in general taking significantly less damage than they should across the board thanks to this phenomenon.

edit: rewrote to say exactly what the problem is instead of just giving a replay.

Last edited:
Edit: Sorry all, didn't notice this was already resolved.

When a Pokemon uses Dynamax on Showdown, fractional HP transactions (heal pulse, leech seed, life orb, etc.) are based on the current (increased) HP stat of the Dynamaxed Pokemon. However in the games, these transactions are based on the HP stat of the Pokemon in its base form.

For example, let's say a Pokemon has 120HP. It Dynamaxes and the HP becomes 180. On Showdown, it would take 18HP of Life Orb damage, but it would take 12HP of damage in the games.

Here is a video I just recorded about this happening in the Battle Tower. Notice my Barraskewda has 137, which becomes 205 after Dynamax, and it takes 13 from Life Orb. I noticed this a week or so ago but I just now had the time to get proof.

Edit: forgot the video lol

Last edited:
When a Pokemon uses Dynamax on Showdown, fractional HP transactions (heal pulse, leech seed, life orb, etc.) are based on the current (increased) HP stat of the Dynamaxed Pokemon. However in the games, these transactions are based on the HP stat of the Pokemon in its base form.
What? Showdown fixed this a long time ago, they are doing it based on base HP.

The filter for 'Quash' in the teambuilder displays it's legal on pokémon that used to learn it via TM in USM (Kingler, Mew, Pyukumuku, Vespiquen)
When putting the move in the moveset/ Validate the team it correctly displays as illegal.

Screenshot 2019-12-04 at 09.36.52.png

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ou-1022584771-fmrgt13y48ac8xacni25sdewxaknru5pw

I dont think Pain Split is working correctly, as you can see on turn 15, when my opponent uses pain split, i dont lose HP even if he clearly has less HP than me and regains from his attack, and on turn 16, the pain split drops me to 12% hp, which represents 45hp which is impossible since i have 394HP and since his gengar has roughly around 170HP at minimum

Aldrich

My Teas Gone Cold Im Wondering Why I
is a Community Contributor
For some reason the whole Pikachu line isn't legal with Volt Tackle when it should be for SwSh. When will this be fixed?
1575478091649.png

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
For some reason the whole Pikachu line isn't legal with Volt Tackle when it should be for SwSh. When will this be fixed? View attachment 209750
When we get to it, the last 5 days have been high priority interruption after high priority interruption. (Dynamic speed, priority breaking, switch speed order, and more). There is alot to fix and some things are more important than others please have patience.

Sayuze

Banned deucer.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1023105778-z5nqvgtcyj9wqak7iq35zkp7fuxlpovpw

Not sure what happened here, so after my opponent's Hawlucha got the Dmax and unburden boost and I sent in my own Hawlucha to revenge kill it (it got the electric seed unburden boost too), his hawlucha was still faster. I was wondering if this was a speed tie, but apparently it wasn't as we both posted pics of our spread in the battle [I was 335 Speed and he was 325]. Pretty sure this is a bug as I can't think of anything to explain this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)