Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect Togekiss is bugged in gen 8. Togekiss has gotten crit almost every game ive played with it. I know what im saying isn't something I can really verify and it's only a hunch but Togekiss has gotten crit way too often I feel. It's totally possible im just unlucky, but I'd really like confirmation just to be safe.

I suspect Togekiss is bugged in gen 8. Togekiss has gotten crit almost every game ive played with it. I know what im saying isn't something I can really verify and it's only a hunch but Togekiss has gotten crit way too often I feel. It's totally possible im just unlucky, but I'd really like confirmation just to be safe.
Does your Togekiss have its Hidden Ability (Super Luck)?

p0ip0le

it's a billion lions
[18:36:14] jghkjghhjhg: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2020-1025511727 I think this is showdown glitch
[18:38:02] north poipole: is the issue with snorlax not outspeeding gengar?
[18:38:21] jghkjghhjhg: yes
[18:38:28] jghkjghhjhg: It should
[18:39:07] north poipole: i think speed swap went away when ribombee died. i might be wrong here but bulba is incredibly vague about what happens
[18:39:55] jghkjghhjhg: that is normallly not the case
[18:40:07] jghkjghhjhg: i think the mechanic in showdown is broken because of gigantamaxing
[18:41:42] jghkjghhjhg: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2020-1025513848 here you can see how it usually works, even if ribombee dies
[18:42:03] jghkjghhjhg: yeah if the speed swapped pokemon switches

(posting bc jghkjghhjhg doesn't have a smogon account)

TL;DR speed swap did this thing
- in the first replay, ribombee used speed swap and then snorlax gigantamaxed; lost the swap
- in the second ribombee used speed swap after the snorlax gigantamaxed; kept the swap

is this how it works in the games or is it bugged?

According to the Sword & Shield Battle Mechanics Research Thread, Weather Ball appears in the UI as Max Strike in rain, but really turns into Max Geyser. I don't own the game myself so I can't test it, but I assume this is supposed to work for other kind of weathers as well. However, when I tried it in sandstorm the move was actually Max Strike. Here is the replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2020-1025713752

Lionyx

メラミ
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Posting on the behalf of PS user RatherSmallLadybug who has no Smogon account;

[18:44:18] RatherSmallLadybug: The bug I found is using Polteageist's Teatime move which says it consumes berries upon uses doesn't truly consume berries. It gives me the berry boost but doesn't consume the berry so I get a second berry proc when I'm low HP. Doesn't feel like this should be the case.
[18:47:13] RatherSmallLadybug: The berry that has been giving me "two berries" has been a Starf berry in National Dex AG just to give more specifics if someone does want to report this to the bug forum.
[18:49:08] #Lionyx: if you had a replay to provide this would ease the process RatherSmallLadybug
[18:49:46] RatherSmallLadybug: Alright, I'll see if I can't grab a replay of it.
[19:21:05] RatherSmallLadybug: Lionyx, here is a replay link to the starf berry teatime bug. Both of my pokemon first eat the berry on turn 1 and then again at turn 6 (polteageist) and turn 7 (alcremie)
[19:21:10] RatherSmallLadybug: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1025723496

They have been able to reproduce it in Doubles OU and originally came across that situation in NatDex AG; I've seen nothing in the replay indicating that the Pokémon had gotten their berries back, but the tooltip during turns 2-5 did indicate that the berries were consumed (reflecting the use of Teatime), so I'm not sure what exactly happened there.

In gen 8, swoobats hidden ability, simple is unavailable on Showdown. The reason showdown states is it is unavailable in game. Swoobat's hidden ability, simple is available in game though.

here is a video of swoobat's hidden ability being used:

you can skip to 2:20 for swoobat's hidden ability.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
In gen 8, swoobats hidden ability, simple is unavailable on Showdown. The reason showdown states is it is unavailable in game. Swoobat's hidden ability, simple is available in game though.

here is a video of swoobat's hidden ability being used:

you can skip to 2:20 for swoobat's hidden ability.
This is very likely a hacked Swoobat. This is not an insult at Pimpnite or an accusation of him hacking, but rather down in the comments he says himself that he got it through a Surprise Trade which has been known to spit out less than legitimate Pokemon.

Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 10.45.10 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)