Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tar Shot + Delta Stream behaves... strangely.

Test 1: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublescustomgame-1111742424
While under the effects of Delta Stream, Tornadus and Thundurus are hit with two Heat Waves: one before being covered in tar and one after. Delta Stream claims to weaken the second Heat Wave for both, but Thundurus is hit super effectively for about double damage while Tornadus is not.

Test 2: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublescustomgame-1111746310
To make sure there isn't a difference between spread and single target moves, the experiment is repeated, but Tornadus and Thundurus are attacked separately with Mystical Fire. Same result.

Test 3: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublescustomgame-1111757869
To test what happens with dual-type Pokemon with Flying as a primary type, Corviknight, Pokestar UFO, and Cramorant are hit with two Lava Plumes: one before being covered in tar and one after. With the first Lava Plume, Corviknight is hit super effectively, UFO is hit neutrally, and Cramorant is hit not very effectively, as expected. With the second Lava Plume, the wind claims to protect Corviknight and UFO, but both are hit super effectively for about double damage. There is no message saying Cramorant is protected by wind or hit for non-neutral damage, and it also takes about double damage.

Test 4: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublescustomgame-1111785742
To test the difference between Flying and non-Flying Pokemon who are already weak to Fire, the first test is repeated with Articuno and a Virizion IV'd to be exactly as bulky as Articuno. The wind claims to protect only Articuno from the second Heat Wave, and both are hit super effectively. Strangely, while Articuno is hit for about double damage, Virizion is hit for about six or seven times the damage. That's why this test uses Feebas instead of Salazzle. Virizion kept fainting. After it fainted to Jolly Cinderace, I just used the weakest thing I could find.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by urkerab

Bonus bug: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8customgame-1111760614
Just to refresh myself on how Delta Stream is supposed to behave, I did this test, and a warning that "one player isn't adhering to a 510 EV limit and the other player is" popped up. No Pokemon had over 510 EVs, but the Rayquazas had none while the Jolteon has 112 in Special Attack.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, the Rayquazas had all 252's, as is the default for formats with no EV limit if you don't manually set EVs. (Zarel)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
Current teambuilder bug, not sure if this is intended.
Galarian Mr. Mime has Hidden power as a suggested move.
Screenshot 2020-05-10 at 20.17.42 - Edited.png

It also accepts said move for a natdex battle

Screenshot 2020-05-10 at 20.18.11 - Edited.png

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, as DrPumpkinz correctly says, National Dex assumes the existence of old generation moves functioning correctly in Gen 8, and the Mime Jr. -> Mr. Mime evolution would be a valid way of obtaining Hidden Power (DaWoblefet)

Current teambuilder bug, not sure if this is intended.
Galarian Mr. Mime has Hidden power as a suggested move.

It also accepts said move for a natdex battle

Hidden Power didn't show up in regular Gen 8 OU when I tried to replicate this, and Galarian Mr. Mime having access to Hidden Power in Nat Dex isn't any more of an error than the rest of nat dex. Galarian Mr. Mime evolves from regular Mime Jr, which can learn Hidden Power.

In the vgc2020 format Pikachu and Eevee evolutions should be able to use the move Celebrate via event (link of proof here: https://serebii.net/events/dex/133.shtml) but they cannot have there hidden abilities given that the events are ability locked. It’s the second and third events on the list.

BUG STATUS: FIXED, Marty has added the event data.

Pikachu is nature locked to Serious and cannot have HA (event data), Eevee is nature locked to Docile and cannot have HA (event data 1, event data 2).

Geysers

not round
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
99729226-A57D-480B-873C-C238BE303F13.jpeg

I enountered a discrepancy between the melmetal’s displayed health and its displayed health percentage at the end of the battle. For what it’s worth, I’m playing in safari on iPad. Thanks!

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) This can be reproduced on a computer by hovering over a Pokemon after you have selected your move; sometimes the raw HP stat will update and not the percentage as well, see additional screenshot (DaWoblefet)
1589233065706.png

In a recent battle, Eiscue's ability completely failed to activate. There wasn't anything funky going on with items, terrain, abilities, etc. Here's the replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1112964480 My opponent noted that this has happened to them before, so this might be a known bug.

Edit: Oh, I didn't know about that @below. Thanks!

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Sunsteel Strike ignores Abilities like Ice Face as stated. (DaWoblefet)

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
A rby game broke when they were playing lc

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1customgame-1113144681

Gastly had levitate when it shouldnt.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Pepega The Slumper (intentionally or not) brought abilities on all their Pokemon in this game. They likely did not create the team naturally in a Gen 1 teambuilder. Custom game allows you to break generational mechanics, so you can use Pokemon or moves from non-Gen 1 in Gen 1 Custom Game, same with any other Custom Game. The onus is on the players and tournament organizers to enforce legal teams if they want to play some format in custom game (which btw is very difficult to do, it's very easy to cheat in matches that require custom game since Custom Game is intended to be extremely flexible and not necessarily follow the generation's restrictions unless explicitly defined). (DaWoblefet)

Metronome (item) does not boost moves with a charging turn
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1113215986
Phantump @ Metronome
Ability: Frisk
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SpA
- Phantom Force
- Solar Beam

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rest
- Sunny Day
- Rain Dance

0- Atk Phantump Phantom Force vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Dusclops: 44-54 (15.4 - 19%) -- not a KO
0- Atk Spooky Plate Phantump Phantom Force vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Dusclops: 50-62 (17.6 - 21.8%) -- possible 5HKO
0 SpA Phantump Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Dusclops: 31-37 (10.9 - 13%) -- not a KO
0 SpA Meadow Plate Phantump Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Dusclops: 37-45 (13 - 15.8%) -- possible 7HKO
(plate calcs are for single metronome boost)

BUG STATUS: FIXED by The Immortal

It is impossible to have two Necrozma-DM on the same team in National Dex AG, while there is no Species Clause. This only happens with Necrozma-DM for some reason, I tried validating other teams with more than one Pokemon of the same species, and it worked. I also tried removing Ultranecrozium Z, but it still says my team was rejected because of Species Clause.
Annotation 2020-05-12 170748.png
EDIT:Apparently the reason Species Clause activates is because you can't have 2 NDM in game, since the way you get NDM in game is by fusing Solgaleo and Necrozma. Since NDM cannot be traded, it is impossible to have 2 of them on the same team. Thx BananaLaddersPS.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, both Kyurem and Necrozma can only have one fused copy per cartridge without hacking; Anything Goes isn't hackmons (DaWoblefet)

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Zarel, the error message should explain this much better now

I noticed a slight error in AAA (almost any ability) when selecting an ability. There's a blank ability just called "sw", that ability is unusable and the error is probably nothing to worry about but, I felt it should be posted anyway just to be safe.

I'm on Google Chrome OS and using Google Chrome as my browser, and I noticed it while simply scrolling through the abilities rather than searching for an ability. I asked in OM room on showdown if the ability showed up for anyone else, I got one reply but they said they got it too. I'm not sure if it's OS specific or not though.

If you need specific team info:
Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Curse
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex

Venusaur @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Weather Ball
- Solar Beam
- Sludge Bomb

Weavile @ Damp Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brick Break
- Rain Dance
- Sunny Day
- Psycho Cut

Liepard @ Scope Lens
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Night Slash
- Psycho Cut
- Encore
- Shadow Claw

Rotom-Fan
Ability: sw
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Confuse Ray
- Thunder

BUG STATUS: FIXED at some point

Attachments

Room bar glitching again, caught the error.
  1. Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'notifications' of undefined
  2. at child.updateTabbar (client-topbar.js?bc455bd9:148)
  3. at child.updateLayout (client.js?a4b4268e:1669)
  4. at child.resize (client.js?a4b4268e:1390)
  5. at e (lodash.core.js?e9be4c2d:12)
  6. at dispatch (jquery-2.1.4.min.js:3)
  7. at r.handle (jquery-2.1.4.min.js:3)

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, preferably how to consistency reproduce. This was the reported behavior last time as a reference: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...inal-post-before-posting.3634749/post-8431438 (DaWoblefet)

There is a problem with Weather Ball under Delta Stream. Showdown says it has 100 base power (with the normal type), but the damage calculator and the actual damages on showdown use 50 bp. The right one is most likely 50 bp.
Capture d’écran (3).png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by DaWoblefet

Hitting the Enter key while editing the level of a Pokemon in the teambuilder forces the client to reload (tested on my PC and asked a couple others to test too, all of them faced the same issue). Nothing's logged in console, which is promptly cleared, and I couldn't find anything after examining the code.

As far as I can tell, it happens regardless of browser (tested on Chrome and Firefox) or OS (tested on Windows and Ubuntu). I asked six separate people to test it, and all of them reported the same issue. The issue persists regardless of Pokemon used, or Level entered.

Edit: This issue doesn't occur in mobile after hitting enter; rather, it progresses to the next input field. (GBoard, haven't tested on Termux yet)

Edit by author: There's not many steps that I've used, it's just hitting Enter in the teambuilder. I've screenrecorded it with the console open, but my keyboard isn't visible. The only key I've used, though, is the Enter key.

Video: https://cdn.glitch.com/26f69991-dcb5-4447-bd9e-4b58070b20bc/screen-recording.webm?v=1589522411253

BUG STATUS: FIXED by urkerab

Another issue is about user data becoming de-synced - at the moment, I'm only in one room (non-public), but my userdetails show me in 2v2 as well. There are no other devices on my account, and I have joined and left 2v2 multiple times without any change in the roomdata. Other users have also reported the same thing happening.

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, Can you provide steps to replicate this behavior? (DaWoblefet)

Edit by author: It seemingly happens arbitrarily, and I haven't succeeded in doing it on purpose. It's happened twice before; in both cases; it showed me in room(s) that my account wasn't in, even though there were only two IPs associated with my account (the other one was a Bot account that wasn't in that room). The rooms that my account was shown in only included rooms that I was normally in; and by examining with PartBot (on a completely different IP), my name was in the userlist, too. Joining and leaving the room again made no difference. It only happened for one room (2v2); the other details worked as normal until I started with battle rooms. Using /cmd userdetails manually also showed me in those rooms. At the time, I was also testing out a battle AI, and was thus joining multiple battle rooms. These rooms weren't deinited from my userdetails once I'd left them, either. If it happens again, I'll try and document everything; but until then, I don't have a clue.

(I know of two other users who also faced it; I'll contact them and ask if they have further details)

Edit #2 by author: User Pants (A Phantom on PS) reported that their account was shown online for around 8 hours after they went offline, and they found out the next morning when they got up that people had been PMing them without realizing they were offline.
Quoted replies:
Pants - Yesterday at 11:56 PM
It was like 2am server time, I didn’t log off (I never do, I just close chrome), updated my laptop and shut it down, came back a couple hours later and saw that people thought I was online the whole time
I had to manually log off on my laptop to get it to go away but every time since then I just close chrome
I had a hunt going at the time so ppl tried to pm me
PartMan - Yesterday at 11:58 PM
Did the PMs appear normal to them?
Pants - Yesterday at 11:58 PM
Idk probably

I'll edit in the details of the other user when I contact them.

Last edited:
When trying the new rule ( One vs One, great mod :)
1589449723357.png

You have to lead with one pokemon, but then nothing happend both side
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1114419589
I used /challenge dragonillis, gen8doublesou@@@one vs one

Edit 1 : VGC + one vs one is glitched tho, i guess this happens only with doubles format

Edit 2 : two vs two doesn't act as 2v2doubles format, it's like classical 6v6 but only with 2 pokémon
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotyperandombattle-1114486694 easier to understand with replays

for some reason when I'm in a battle or watching replays I'm only able to see % info for half of the mons, the other half don't seem to give me any hover text which means its hard to follow what health pkmn are at througout the course of a game, i don't have this issue on my phone, but suddenly seem to have it on my laptop for some reason? I'm on windows running on bootcamp if that helps, and am playing on chrome

I tried it on brave same issue there too

I never had that issue before

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Zarel

Attachments

Blaz

'cause now we're singing different songs ♫
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When you use "ds" commands with the asc or desc param it doesn't recognize ", all"

e.g. "/nds spe desc, all"

No search parameters other than 'all' were found. Try '/help dexsearch' for more information on this command.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Annika

In double battles when using two pokemon with plus/minus, if one dynamaxes and uses max guard, gear up and magnetic flux will be blocked. as of now the dmax pokemon still gets the stat boosts on showdown.

Woble edit - here's a replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublescustomgame-1115523730, and here's the list of moves that ordinarily bypass Protect that should be blocked by Max Guard:
  • Block
  • Flower Shield*
  • Gear Up*
  • Magnetic Flux*
  • Phantom Force
  • Psych Up
  • Teatime
  • Transform
from this research post

BUG STATUS: FIXED by aviettran

I saw this was reported earlier, but a reply from the perspective of the person the bug was happening for wasn't available. I have footage of the bug from my perspective and also a replay link here.

Something going wrong in metronome battles where one Pokemon faints but it still expects you to make a move with both mons, and since you can't choose a move with the fainted Pokemon it freezes your turn and you auto lose to the timer.

Bug replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8metronomebattle-1115355926
Bug footage:

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, I emulated the battle using the same Pokemon and RNG seed and could not replicate this behavior. That means it is almost certainly a client bug, which makes sense, since there's a fainted Snorlax sticking around that somehow you can select actions for in that video. What browser and operating system are you using? (DaWoblefet)

Also of note for reference, another replay showcasing a person affected by the bug: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8metronomebattle-1115423636

jackfox edit: Chrome on Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)