Bug Reports v4 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Sticky Barb's transfer isn't announced in-game, so the best the client can do is to show you the item that they were last seen holding.
But the end of turn damage isn't applied, so anyone could deduce the fact that they either have, or do not have the sticky barb on them.
On cartridge, you also always have the opportunity to verify your own item.

But the end of turn damage isn't applied, so anyone could deduce the fact that they either have, or do not have the sticky barb on them.
On cartridge, you also always have the opportunity to verify your own item.
There are other things that affect Sticky Barb, such as Embargo, Magic Room, Klutz and Magic Guard, so it's not 100% accurate. I think your own team always shows your real item (assuming you're looking through the Switch menu; hovering over the battle produces a slightly different result).

I think I've spotted a possible bug with Illusion in Gen 8 Randbats. My opponent's Zoroark had an illusion up as Aerodactyl, and my Rhyperior broke the Zoroark's Illusion and activated its Focus Sash. At the end of the turn, the Zoroark fainted from sandstorm damage. However, as you can see during the replay, at least for me, hovering over the grayed out Zoroark sprite displays no information about its item, whereas hovering over Aerodactyl's sprite says Aerodactyl's Focus Sash was consumed, which could not possibly have been true. (In Randbats, if I recall correctly Focus Sash can only generate on leads, so Zoroark must have been my opponent's lead, and Aerodactyl couldn't have been holding a Focus Sash. And even if Randbats didn't generate Focus Sash this way, my Basculin proceeded to OHKO the real Aerodactyl from full health.)

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) (DaWoblefet)

Last edited by a moderator:

raf

good vibes only
is a Tiering Contributor
/roomlogs and /chatlog appears to be bugged at least in private rooms.
I am Room Owner in one and neither of those commands work, /chatlog returns "Access Denied" and /roomlogs returns this:
View attachment 279427
Testing with DaWoblefet and some other users has shown inconsistent results. Some people can see /chatlog but not /roomlogs, some can see both and I can see neither.
So there is probably a bug within the permission settings of these commands.
Mia edit: Possibly fixed on next hotpatch? Made a different change to permission checking that should (?) fix it
bumping this since my post was edited but it has not been fixed

/ds and /nds are not working right now. Not sure how to send proof as those commands do not return any value.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Annika

/ds and /nds are not working right now. Not sure how to send proof as those commands do not return any value.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (DaWoblefet)
This also seems to apply to the /learn command, wouldnt be surprised if it's for more

In gen 5 ou if you look at moves by power, some moves (aqua tail,sacred sword) on keldeo are above surf (base 95) but take down (based 90) is below surf, same with hidden power (Based 70) is below bubble beam (Base 65)

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER (see post below for explanation) (DaWoblefet)

In gen 5 ou if you look at moves by power, some moves (aqua tail,sacred sword) on keldeo are above surf (base 95) but take down (based 90) is below surf, same with hidden power (Based 70) is below bubble beam (Base 65)
Surf and Hidden Power base power have changed after gen 5 and the teambuilder is using the most recent data to sort the moves instead of their gen 5 data, even though it correctly displays their gen 5 base powers (Surf has 90 power and HP has 60 power now).

These are from the gen 1 OU teambuilder. It's inconsistent with whether it shows the gen 1 stats or not.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER, after all, it displays Sp. Atk and Sp. Def, which Gen 1 doesn't even have (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

phoopes

I did it again
is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In RBY battles, Rock Slide is correctly implemented and the /data command is correct, but the hover text still says that there is a 30% chance to flinch. The 30% chance to flinch didn't happen until Gen 2, according to the smogon dex.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) (DaWoblefet)

phoopes

I did it again
is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
in RBY battles, when an opponent uses Mimic and then uses all four moves, the Zorua/Zoroark message shows up on the hover text. Example: I was playing Randbats against an opposing Jynx that knew Blizzard, Psychic, Lovely Kiss, Mimic and it Mimic'd Recover. So the hover text looked like:

Blizzard (6/8)
Psychic (whatever/whatever)
Lovely Kiss (whatever/whatever)
Mimic (15/16)
Recover (whatever/whatever)

"5 moves is usually indicative of Zorua/Zoroark" (whatever this message is)

I get why both Mimic and the Mimic'd move are listed in the 'mon's moveset but it triggers the Zorua/Zoroark message which I don't think should be there for pre-gen 5 games

(sorry I promise I'll start saving replays for this stuff in the future)

EDIT: Here's a replay, as requested:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1ou-1202314589

EDIT2: While I'm here, can't believe I didn't notice this before: in RBY battles the hover text for Psychic says 30% chance to lower Sp. Def, instead of 30% to lower Special

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) for both (DaWoblefet)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8battleoflegends-1204099701-xycng3uy799eo8qn5j8texo1k8i69ixpw
The G-Max Wildfire damage order seems to work awkwardly:
- Turn 3, in TR: Urshifu, then Necrozma, then Zacian
- Turn 4, in TR: Necrozma, then Zacian
- Turn 5, in TR: Zacian, then Necrozma. The Necrozma player wins.

Is this a bug or is it supposed to have a random order? Thanks in advance.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER), the effects of G-Max Wildfire, Volcalith, etc. should damage targets in order of Speed, in the same block as Grassy Terrain / etc. (DaWoblefet)

Voices cannot /requestshow in rooms where /show is set for %.
It returns use !show instead and !show doesn't work since it is set for % or above in the room.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER) (DaWoblefet)

Rabia

i am rabia
is a member of the Site Staffis a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP Co-Leader
clipboard doesn't clear if you ever accidentally copy a set. no matter how many times I clear it, the clipboard returns if I ever close and reopen teambuilder. seems to go away if I close PS, but I shouldn't have to do that.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER; to reproduce, click the "Copy" button at the top along a Pokemon (to the left of import/export set), then go to any other page in teambuilder. This resulting copied Pokemon is now always present in the teambuilder, and even clicking "Clear Clipboard" in the resulting prompt never makes it actually go away. It also causes the teambuilder to have a considerable amount of lag. (DaWoblefet)

1603243090711.png

Cheese5555

too cheesy
Puzzle Hunt Champion
the /ionext command when typed in chat does not work for challenges currently. the checkbox for it that appears in the challenge dialog does work.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER), it's probably checking for only the checkbox, and not ionext settings if I had to guess (DaWoblefet)

Rabia

i am rabia
is a member of the Site Staffis a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP Co-Leader
the automatic EV spreads thing still thinks Body Press uses the Attack stat for its damage calculations, leading to it suggesting non -Attack EV spreads on Pokemon like Duraludon (for example: if I have a Duraludon with the moveset of Flash Cannon / Thunderbolt / Body Press / Iron Defense, it will suggest a nature like Naive when it's actively harming me to use such a nature)

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER (DaWoblefet)

When a pokemon is hit by prankster encore, an attacking move it makes on the same turn does not affect dark types, and the message is displayed that dark is immune to prankster. This effect can be seen on turn 9 of the following replay, when I encore my opponent’s cottonee, and then the encored cottonee’s dazzling gleam doesn’t affect my pawniard. This is a bug if I am not mistaken.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1205242835

When a pokemon is hit by prankster encore, an attacking move it makes on the same turn does not affect dark types, and the message is displayed that dark is immune to prankster. This effect can be seen on turn 9 of the following replay, when I encore my opponent’s cottonee, and then the encored cottonee’s dazzling gleam doesn’t affect my pawniard. This is a bug if I am not mistaken.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1205242835
Can you test this interaction against an opponent that does not have Prankster? The Cottonee Encore was used on may have had Prankster and was clicking a status move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)