Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
Hackmons Cup: Max Moves do not activate their special effects if the attacking pokemon is not Dynamaxed (the only exception is Max Guard). However, G-Max Moves do activate their special effects even if the attacking pokemon is not Dynamaxed.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8customgame-1418930443-h1rf4e0ns7oxj8xys7f0veick5haws8pw

Replay above shows:
  • All Max Moves not activating their special effects if the pokemon is not dynamaxed (except Max Guard);
  • G-Max moves activating their special effects if the pokemon is not dynamaxed (all G-Max moves work like this, I tested all but didn't put all in this match);
  • Max Moves activating their special effects if the pokemon is dynamaxed.

It's weird to me that G-Max Moves behave differently from regular Max Moves since they're basically the same, so I'm reporting this as a bug. In my opinion, both Max and G-Max moves either should or should not activate their special effects without dynamaxing.

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE RESEARCH, no one has been able to directly hack G-Max moves in Sword/Shield, so this currently cannot be tested (DaWoblefet)

Doubles Hackmons Cup: G-Max Moves do not seem to be included in the Hackmons moves randomization. Max Moves are included.

According to the Smogon SS Moves Pokedex, there are 33 G-Max Moves and 19 Max Moves. Assuming a Uniform Distribution, G-Max Moves should be 73% more likely to be selected over Max Moves. I started several Doubles Hackmons Cup matches, and while a considerable number of matches had pokemon with Max Moves, no matches whatsoever had pokemon with G-Max Moves.

In my opinion, both Max and G-Max moves either should or should not be included in the Hackmons moves randomization.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, if true, this would belong as a suggestion (DaWoblefet)

Teambuilder error in PS site

I would like to let you know about an error that has been annoying me a lot for a few weeks. I don't know if it's just me, but I'll post it here so you know. When you join the PS, everything is normal. But after some battle or about 15 minutes using the site (without exiting), the teambuilder button no longer works. It only comes back if you refresh the page (which is bad sometimes because you end up losing private chat logs).

To prove the existence of the error, I will be providing below a video of the moment when this occurs. Just to be clear, this is not occasional, it happens to me every day while I use PS.

This video was not editated <<

I would be glad if someone can tell me this is not a bug or just a problem of my computer, if this is one real problem, tell me too.

Hope this can help. Thanks for all attencion

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik

Eiscue's Ice Face didn't activate either due to it being broken on it's last turn of Dynamax, or to it falling asleep due to Yawn.

The opposing Relicanth used Head Smash!
[Eiscue's Ice Face]
(Eiscue lost 0% of its health!)

Eiscue used Max Hailstorm!
It's not very effective...
(The opposing Relicanth lost 12.5% of its health!)

(The hail is crashing down.)
The opposing Relicanth is buffeted by the hail!
The opposing Relicanth restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Eiscue fell asleep!
(Eiscue returned to normal!)

Turn 20

Eiscue is fast asleep.

The opposing Relicanth used Head Smash!
It's super effective!
(Eiscue lost 100% of its health!)

Eiscue fainted!
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1419778365
(also really bummed I lost a potential run-back)

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG - Ice Face will only be restored if hail is activated after it breaks. Here's some in-game footage of it not restoring in pre-existing hail. (Nol)

Visual bug w/ battles.
Not entirely sure how to describe it, other than that my avatar and team don't appear on the side under my name. Checked several pages back in reports, but doesn't look like there's anything quite like this.
1632261936663.png

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, we can't do anything with just this as it is. (DaWoblefet)

Edit: Could you expound upon what you (mods) would consider to be beneficial/necessary information?
Off the top of my head, I can't think of much more than that this is on browser, Firefox Quantum to be more specific. It occurs in all battles regardless of format. The opponent's avatar and Pokemon lineup appear just fine on the other side.

DaWoblefet edit: Maybe try things like this. Basically, if we can't reproduce the issue, we can't fix it! I tried messing around on latest Firefox and couldn't reproduce the issue.
  • Does it happen in any other browsers?
  • Does it happen in private browsing windows?
  • Does it happen when you view replays?
  • Are you using standard zoom settings?
  • What operating system are you using?
Edit 2: Let's see...
1) Nope. Tried in Edge, no issues.
2) Not quite sure how to use private browsing windows, or I'd let you know.
3) Yes, but only to whoever is displayed on the left/first-person perspective. (Picture added below to demonstrate.)
1632282318612.png

4) I presume you mean browser zoom. If so, yes.
5) Windows 10.

After noticing no issues in Edge, I'd hypothesize that this has something to do with my cache, at least as my gut instinct, since clearing cache would clear all of my settings, teams, etc. I'd taken quite a lengthy break before this, so that might have had some sort of impact. I'd rather find a resolution without clearing cache first, since saving all the teams can be a bit annoying, but I suspect the answer lies there.

DaWoblefet edit: by "private browsing window", I mean the "New Private Window" option in Firefox, or Ctrl+Shift+P. That would also let you confirm if it's some caching issue. Private browsing windows don't use your main cache. Also, you can back up your teams all at once at the bottom of the teambuilder with the "Backup/Restore All Teams" button. Try doing that and clearing stuff to see if it makes a difference.

Not sure if this counts a bug or not, and if it's been reported before I apologize, but I think the rough skin KO going first prevented rapid spin from removing rocks in a battle I just had?

Replay

rocks1.PNG
Screenshot (9).png

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Rapid Spin's effect of removing entry hazards happens after Rough Skin damage on cart. Showdown accurately simulates this interaction. (DaWoblefet)

Gen 8 random battles.

In the battle below, the choice scarf of the Dracovish did not work on the last turn (turn 25). You see in turns 23 and 24 that the Dracovish is scarfed because as it out sped a Latios. On the last turn their Lunala dynamaxed and out sped the scarfed Dracovish. Lunala's ability does not affect the scarf in this case and if Lunala was "scarfed" (which i dont think is a set currently in RB) the dynamax would have disabled it.

[Gen 8] Unrated Random Battle replay: Oronoco vs. Fiery320 - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com)

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, as you saw yourself, Seaking outsped the Dracovish, and it was Life Orb, not Choice Scarf. So Dracovish itself couldn't have been Choice Scarf. Like Total Clefairy says below, it was Sand Rush. (DaWoblefet)

BIG ASHLEY

ashley
is a Community Contributor
Gen 8 random battles.

In the battle below, the choice scarf of the Dracovish did not work on the last turn (turn 25). You see in turns 23 and 24 that the Dracovish is scarfed because as it out sped a Latios. On the last turn their Lunala dynamaxed and out sped the scarfed Dracovish. Lunala's ability does not affect the scarf in this case and if Lunala was "scarfed" (which i dont think is a set currently in RB) the dynamax would have disabled it.

[Gen 8] Unrated Random Battle replay: Oronoco vs. Fiery320 - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com)
the sandstorm stopped - the dracovish presumably has sand rush

In Gen4 random battle, my Raikou had Aura Sphere but wasn't shiny. You can only get Aura Sphere on Raikou in gen4 through an event that has Raikou as shiny. I use Aura Sphere on turn 8.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4randombattle-1423334256
Hello, I work with the randbats set-discussion community. This is not a bug; this is intentional. We have never taken shiny legality into account while implementing / changing sets in random battle formats. This also explains why Entei and Genesect run about in generations prior to Gen 8 without needing to be shiny or a specific nature due to some of the event-only moves they have; Extreme Speed being one of the mutual ones.

Last edited:
Not me, but posting for a friend. In a Gen 8 Random Battle, Suicune (with Pressure) vs Chansey. When Chansey used Heal Bell, its pp was being visually decreased when hovered, but not actually decreasing in pp for the opponent. Chansey finished the game with -8/8 Heal Bell pp. This appears to be a visual bug, as per the description of pressure, it doesn't seem like it would apply to heal bell as the pressure mon is not targeted. In the same battle, pressure worked correctly for seismic toss and softboiled.

First instance of negative pp occurs at Turn 69
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1423403431-7617w0a6vn45xfq8fomiplxt036ilnapw

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik

Attachments

(random battle)
On turn 6, the opposing Mienshao uses poison jab on my Mimikyu, but the "it's super effective" text doesn't appear.
I think it's just a visual bug though, as the calcs appear to be right.
Lvl 82 84 Atk Choice Band Mienshao Poison Jab vs. Lvl 76 84 HP / 84 Def Mimikyu: 106-125 (50.7 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1424530792

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Mimikyu is part ghost, which is resistant to poison, part fairy, which is weak to poison, which makes it neutral to poison. (Dawn of Ares)

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
When ignoring nicknames, the "Opponent withdrew [pokemon]" sentence still uses the nickname.

Also if you select "Ignore nicknames" before selecting your lead, you cannot see your mons' sets by hovering over them anymore. This gets fixed when turn 1 begins though, or when you refresh.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) (DaWoblefet)

Theia

Say hello to the robots
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
This might have been reported already, Wob don't hurt me if so.

The automatic disqualification timer in Tours Plaza does not work, and only in Tours Plaza specifically, it works fine in the Tournaments room and every other room that I've seen. We have the room's tour settings set to always have autodq after five minutes, and Lady Monita will set an autodq timer for five minutes when the tour is made, but the disqualifications don't happen. This results in tours getting hung up until a member of staff sees and does /tour runautodq. Maybe there's an obvious solution here that we're missing, but it's very strange that it only affects Tours Plaza.

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO; I've seen this happen too - I will investigate (DaWoblefet)

I was sent here by Nol. I was in a losers team tournament and it came down to my tapu lele and their bisharp. The bisharp used steel beam after my taunt and brought me to 0. Then, it lost its 50% and was brought to 0. Even though I was brought to 0 first the bisharp was knocked first and they won.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, I cannot reproduce the described behavior (https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8customgame-1426439052-to8xq8hbru53leporkgryedhj7r55gbpw). The behavior in this replay is cartridge-accurate (Steel Beam user loses). Until you have other proof, marking as not a bug. (DaWoblefet)

Hi,

I think there is an incorrect interaction occurring between Porygon2's Download ability and Galarian Weezing's Neutralizing Gas:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1425069747

Porygon2's Download activates on Turn 5 and Turn 8. On Turn 5, Galarian Weezing switched out while Porygon2 stayed in. Download activated. On Turn 8, Porygon 2 (who had not switched out on any of the turns in between) KO'd Weezing, and upon Weezing fainting, Download activated again. The ability's description on Showdown is: "On switch-in, Attack or Sp. Atk is raised 1 stage based on the foes' weaker Defense."

I assume something is going on where download is getting proc'd every time its ability is allowed to come into existence again.

Please let me know if I screwed up this report, as it's my first one!

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, In-game, abilities that activate on switch-in activates again whenever Neutralizing Gas is removed. (Dawn of Ares)

Found another bug
1632910409132.png
BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO - Can you copy the name here? I cannot reproduce this with the direct regex and the name shown here. Does it still happen? (Mia)

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Hey just battled, and my Clefable holds sticky barb. When making contact it should be given to the next mon. Opposing mandibuzz used a contact move aka uturn but I still had sticky barb. I think this is wrong. Here the proof:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1427436718

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Clefable doesn't have sticky barb, or it would've been damaged at the end of turn 2. Either it was transferred to Mandibuzz or it doesn't have it in the first place. (Dawn of Ares)

DaWoblefet edit: it did have Sticky Barb; the Clefable was just Magic Guard. Mandibuzz had its item, so it wouldn't have been transferred anyways (DaWoblefet)

Hey,
recently something really strange happened on [Gen 8] Random Battle Ladder.I played a game on the Ladder and won it, but instead of gaining points, i lost them.

After that i decided to drop laddering for a few weeks and decided to come back and play again.
I managed to win the game (https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1427489187-7x35h0exfggt36fqaggp9xlctac5p0kpw) and the game shows me i won points but i actually didnt?Because i played another game and this happened (https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1427656995-g73623515tc50x5w4clesjpgi8eudfypw)
The replays both are from the same day as this post.

I made sure to take screenshots of my /rank, because my GXE keeps rising and you can see on the total of my games that i didn't dropped a single game in the time.

(First screenshot as this happened the first time)
unknown.png

(Recent Rank)

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - OTHER, but not for the reason described here. (Mia)
The issue is the ladder is super slow to update, so they register in a delayed fashion, which can account for "I won but it looks like I lost".
The actual update for that battle will take a while longer to register, but it'll happen. Nothing we can do to speed up the ladder for the time being.

Attachments

Not sure if this is the correct place to report this bug as i am new to the forums but currently Guard Split is bugged as it does nothing when used, stat changes are not averaged out like the move advertises,

nuggx2 vs. kobo44 - Showdown! (pokemonshowdown.com)

here is a replay demonstrating this bug, and to replicate, it is fairly self-explanatory, get a Shuckle with guard split and a Pokémon with much lower defense, use guard split, and view the bug.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, the display just doesn't update (and it also shouldn't update - if you Guard Split an opponent, you can't see your new Defense/Special Defense stats because you don't know what the opponent's were). Moreover, this isn't a replay (DaWoblefet)

Might have discovered a new bug! A bug bug! :^)

In random battle, I volt switched my Galvantula into a Golisopod, thus activating Golisopod's Emergency exit. My opponent switched into a new pokemon, then, instead of me switching into a new pokemon and the turn ending, a new turn started immediately where my opponent got to use a move with his new arrival whilst I switched in on another pokemon, who took the attack, but did not get to move.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1428685412-rq3s7b24qgtrj07978ze2718690udscpw
(The action happens between turns 10 and 11)
Here's the replay! As volt switch is a popular option against golisopod, i doubt i was the first player to experience this bug, but I haven't seen it reported? Let me know if it's ever fixed!

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, this is how it works in-game (DaWoblefet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)