Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
Gholdengo can switch out when facing a Magnezone with Magnet Pull, I think if it is a bug from the Good as Gold ability

There a link to the replay (Turn 8-9) :
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1726049206-k5eljfq0a23wehusux10y3odu0ubaybpw

And here a test i did (to be sure it came from Good as Gold and not Shed Shell, the Gholdengo had a random berry) :
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1726062124

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Gholdengo is also a Ghost-type, which allows you to switch out of trapping effects (DaWoblefet)

Lurantis is currently validating with Superpower in Gen 9 AG, even with the home update not being available. It does not seem to validate for OU though.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by pyuk

Hi,
My Dondozo got salt cured when wearing Covert Cloak, I checked on my game it should prevent it.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik

Also clear smog is not ignored but should be ignored

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Clear Smog isn't blocked by Covert Cloak (DaWoblefet)

Hey,

Idk if this is a bug or just some needed update on documentation when using a thrash komala I called the move using sleep talk and was locked into the move rather than it going one turn which from this description would be the expected interaction:

https://www.smogon.com/dex/sv/moves/thrash/

This does, however, follow in line with the games' interaction, so I'm guessing this is just needed updated documentation with the move thrash. I'm curious where the thrash + sleep talk one turn interaction came from when browsing documentation on bulbapedia for sleep talk, sleep, and thrash there was no mention of this.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - OTHER, this would also apply to all other similar moves, like Outrage (DaWoblefet)

This is regarding Gen 8 National Dex AG.

It seems that Delta Stream triggers its message twice when facing a Pokemon who has double STAB thanks to Terestalisation, as can be seen in this replay.

1669886955962.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER) (DaWoblefet)

Shed Tail should cost 50% Rounded Up, not down. this is confirmable from the first trailer showing this and I also verified in game

bumping with video, timestamped
145 -> 72

BUG STATUS: FIXED by adrivrie

Glaive rush not dealing double damage (to baxcalibur).
Replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1727829292-58sahq26u7vp6yj3tyji99zlo3eqb6fpw

On turn 9, 10 and 11 baxcalibur clicked glaive rush, but on the turn great tusk clicked EQ (turn 11) it did not do double damage. Both players !showset’d their mons and I put it into the calc and put it in chat. The calc said 40 (no glaive rush) but in the actual game bax clicked glaive rush the turn before and still did 40.

I believe that there is a bug with the new implementation of the mirror herb.
So far, mirror herb will copy the stat buffs of opposing pokemon, including Donzodos boosts from commander. However in the case of Anger Point, it will not copy the max attack boosts. To be perfectly honest i'm unsure if this is a bug, but after posting in the VGC room everyone is stumped.

Replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9vgc2023series1-1727877019
(My Garchomp is holding a mirror herb and the opponent activates its own anger point to max its attack.)

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER) (DaWoblefet)

LBN

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UPL Champion
Alright, got a bug with Revival Blessing. Basically, the game breaks when the move is selected by sleep talk. in game i dont know how this functions but i can assume it doesnt break your ability to click on the cart. Replay here
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldexuu-1727916264-v9yl982y4t193w1xkxjoio4q16z4adxpw

BUG STATUS: FIXED by HisuianZoroark

Since i heard this got reported already I'll post a Builder bug. Basically for this one, the BW2 style sprites are used for all legendaries unavailable, but with known Home access, even in alternate tiers, so if I built with Cresselia in SS UU, I see the bw2 sprite, but if I loaded ho-oh into the builder, this issue isn't there, like this.

1669933401057.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER (DaWoblefet)

Do you have a replay showing this in action? It's coded to never miss in snow.
sadly i cant take screenshots on my browser but im pretty sure if you hover your mouse over blizzard in hail it still shows 70% acc. might be a visual glitch but still.

GenOne

DOU main. GMT-7. PS!: GenOne
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
In Doubles OU I was using a team with the Dondozo + Tatsuguri combo as well as a Leppa Berry Pawmot with Revival Blessing.

On my second use of Revival Blessing, in addition to reviving my intended mon, I was given a duplicate of the Hippowdon I just revived. The duplicate Hippowdon could not move and could not be targeted by my opponent, and had a Choice Scarf (the same item as my Tatsugiri had).

When my legitimate Hippowdon was KO'ed, I lost the match despite the cloned Hippo still being on my screen.

Funny enough, the duplicate Hippo doesn't show up at all in the replay I saved, but I at least captured the screenshot below to show what happened, and if you look at the chat logs in the replay you can see that both me and my opponent were very confused by the mirage of Hippo.

1669952429582.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Mathy

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This seems to be an exclusive move because normally, only male Indeedee can learn Trick Room.
1669957175004.png

Confirming that Indeedee-F can be obtained and used with Trick Room through Raids, relevant for the VGC 2023 Series 1 Ladder

BUG STATUS: FIXED by DaWoblefet

So there's a bug with Showdown that I've tested in Scarlet and Violet, my Pixilate Sylveon has Tera Blast which in-game, if you aren't terrastilised into anything other than Normal, should be a Fairy-type move. However, in showdown, Hyper Voice turned into a Fairy-type move but Tera Blast doesn't

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Kris

Pursuit - Shed Tail interaction

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dl-gen9nationaldexlegacy-226-mrr06dhhri5bkb3w86t8nofm18t0fn4pw

The interaction between Pursuit and Shed Tail seems wrong. It lets the Shed Tail user switch first, and then attacks the Substitute with halved power, as if Cyclizar had never switched out. I know that its halved base power because Manaphy's substitute did not break:

252+ Atk Stoutland Pursuit (40 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 64-76 (18.7 - 22.2%) -- possible 5HKO
252+ Atk Stoutland Pursuit (80 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 127-151 (37.2 - 44.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

I am aware that since Pursuit is not in Gen 9 at the moment, there is no possible way Pursuit and Shed Tail could interact in-game and so technically no wrong way for Pursuit to work. Nonetheless, i would like to bring this some attention, so that you could reconsider whether the interaction should be changed to Pursuit having doubled base power (provided the Pursuit user is slower) and attacking Cyclizar's substitute before it switches, the way it would work versus almost all forms of pivoting moves. Thanks for reading!

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, as you said, Pursuit and Shed Tail have never interacted together. You'd need to talk with National Dex moderators if you don't like the behavior and want it changed (DaWoblefet)

Endless Battle Clause does not trigger when Revival Blessing and Lunar Dance are used in conjunction to infinitely restore hp/pp.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldexag-1728724820

Either Revival Blessing or Lunar Dance (or both) needs to cause Pokemon affected by them to become stale.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, this is more of a policy change, so it would go in a Policy Review thread. Although Revival Blessing -> Lunar Dance can be looped, there's dozens of setups that are similarly conditionally endless, e.g. double Regenerator switching forever, or other last-mon setups where the opponent can't switch. (DaWoblefet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)