Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.

misi

deoxys-normal enjoyer
is a Tiering Contributor
Last edited by a moderator:
The CAP LC validator seems to reject certain combinations of Gen 7 tutor moves and Gen 8 moves for Brattler for an unknown reason, even though those moves should in theory be compatible. The regular CAP format validator also rejects these, so it seems to be unrelated to any LC rules.
This issue first showed up when a user tried to bring a set of Glare / Knock Off / Parting Shot / Power Whip. For reference, Parting Shot and Glare are level up moves in Gen 8, Power Whip is a Gen 8 TR, and Knock Off is a Gen 7 tutor. Parting Shot was added to its level up in Gen 8; otherwise, it received all of its other moves in Gen 7. The validator gave this message:

This is what was in the teambuilder:

I also tried a few other combinations to see if I could spot a pattern. Nothing stood out, but I figured I should include it anyways.
For reference, Crunch is a level up move, and was one in Gen 7 as well.
If I replace Glare with Crunch then it says Knock/Parting is incompatible.
If I replace Knock with Crunch then it says the whole set is fine.
If I replace Parting with Crunch then it says the whole set is fine.

For reference, Synthesis is another Gen 7 tutor move.
If I replace Glare with Synthesis then it says Synthesis/Knock Off/Parting Shot is incompatible.
If I replace Knock with Synthesis then it says Synthesis/Glare/Parting is incompatible.
If I replace Parting with Synthesis then it says the whole set is fine.

I am not completely if this issue extends to other Pokemon in CAP LC, but we have not had any issues reported yet, and Pokemon like Justyke can pair Gen 7 tutor moves with Gen 8 moves without issue, so my guess is this is primarily isolated to Brattler.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG; quoting from a user in the CAP room wulfanator: "Brattler does not learn parting shot until level 48 according to the learnset data in the repository. The other two moves are attainable at level 1 from a "previous generation." Since brattler is level 5 in the picture you linked, that appears to be the problem." (DaWoblefet)

Reactions: TGA
Ok so in showdown snorlax cant learn splash. It was an event move for snorlax and I have a strat that needs snorlax to have splash. https://projectpokemon.org/home/files/file/1841-classic-pcny-splash-snorlax/
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Splash_(move)
1638325318190.png

Which format are you trying to validate this Snorlax in? Since it was an event released on the original GSC, it wouldn't be obtainable outside of that and Gen 1 tradebacks. (DaWoblefet)

Edit: TECHNICALLY pokemon are tradeable out of gen 2 but its difficult for 1. For 2 Im trying to do a national dex battle so wouldnt that still have splash because its nat dex? (EchoTheMythical)

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, No, a Gen II event Snorlax could not be traded out of Gen II. You could not trade from the original Gen II games to a further Pokemon game. This is not legal in the National Dex format. (DaWoblefet)

Reactions: Oqo
i'm sure it's been mentioned before but I can't seem to find mentions of wrap being misimplemented on ps in this thread: here it is though courtesy of pvk/may

if its already known and is being worked on apologies

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, particularly what is currently wrong about Gen 1 Wrap, etc. on PS (DaWoblefet)

Blimax

https://www.youtube.com/c/Blimaxx
is a Top Tiering Contributor
I believe there may be a bug in the interaction between future sight and pokemon with the ability unaware. I tested a battle against my friend to see how future sight and unaware should interact when the future sight user boosts it's stats, and it appears that future sight's power increased after a calm mind boost, which does not match what the calc says is possible.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1462984459-oky1jntkbxa0oc4k1mxlm7ezvuivtubpw

On turn 3, clefable took 52% damage from future sight under psychic terrain. According to the calc, using storm zone's spread that he showed in the battle, this makes sense and appears to be working properly.

252 SpA Tapu Lele Future Sight vs. 248 HP / 204+ SpD Clefable in Psychic Terrain: 205-243 (52.1 - 61.8%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

However, after I used calm mind, and after psychic terrain ended, future sight did 60% of damage. According to the damage calc, this should not be possible.

+1 252 SpA Tapu Lele Future Sight vs. 248 HP / 204+ SpD Unaware Clefable: 159-187 (40.4 - 47.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

and yet, 60% is a damage roll that would have been possible vs a magic guard clef with his given EV spread ((+1 252 SpA Tapu Lele Future Sight vs. 248 HP / 204+ SpD Clefable: 237-280 (60.3 - 71.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery)). However, this is an unaware clef, as revealed in the replay, and for some reason it took the boosted damage anyway. I tried looking into this online to see if there was a unique mechanic with this interaction, but i wasnt able to find anything
Just to point out, this bug was found by me and has been demonstrated in the video
Kudos for sharing the calcs and stuff. But I take full credit for this.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by pyuk

BDSP UU:

Says incompatible, should simply be "Illegal" as Swellow cannot learn Boomburst. In the builder it still appears.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER, this is just a teambuilder visual glitch (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

Hello!
General bug I've noticed. When selecting Random Battle, it will still let you choose a team. No major impact as it denies you, but I thought it should still be reported. I can't exactly explain it very well myself, but hopefully this video can help? It seems repeatable.
Video at:

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (CLIENT) similar things can happen to attempt to load a random battle into a proper format. Thanks for the video! (DaWoblefet)

Screenshot 2021-12-02 201710.jpg

Two Ferroseeds. This shouldn't be a case of something in the name appearing twice, because all I did was sort by BST.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER, it's because Ferroseed is both PU and LC (even though it says PU twice here) (DaWoblefet)

Well, like the above post i also got the ferroseed bug xD, im glad to know im not the only one
Screenshot_20211203_121445.jpg

I just wanted to post that i also had the bug, just btw if just to the person above happened this bug

But i got another bug, i was in an gen 5 inverse stats (your hp is your velocity and viceversa, your attack is your defense...) random battles, and i loosed because of the timer, the weird thing (the bug), is that i think that like, the game was going faster than my POV, because, i was just spamming quick attack, but showdown thinked after 30 seconds i clicked quick attack, and that made me loose a lot of time and loose, i dont have the link to the replay, but i downloaded it, so i can show all turns of it =)
Screenshot_20211203_131513.jpg

Screenshot_20211203_131444.jpg

Idk what happened, but those time things are incorrect, i remember having like, idk how many seconds to having 3 and loosing automaticaly when the tyranitar got out, in fact, i waited some time for the rival to do a move
Screenshot_20211203_171549.jpg

Screenshot_20211203_171611.jpg

Screenshot_20211203_171632.jpg

Screenshot_20211203_171717.jpg

Screenshot_20211203_171734.jpg
Screenshot_20211203_171754.jpg
Screenshot_20211203_171754.jpg
Screenshot_20211203_171811.jpg

How i said, i dont have the link, but i downloaded it, here are all turns, it looks like a normal battle when i decide a lot, but, i was just spamming quick attack when farfetch got into +4 atk, i thinked a little in turn 15, but thats all, i NEVER got to turn 17

Its probably not gonna get fixed because i dont have a lot of evidence, but there it is, i loosed because of a bug D=

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, the actual replay link is required for us to fix something like this, not just screenshots, sorry; besides this, you likely just ran out of time naturally (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

Pikachu can't learn volt tackle in BDSP formats, while in the actual game, it can. You need to breed a pichu with one of the parents holding a light orb, then evolve it.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by DaWoblefet

Reactions: R8

DC

Kpop Main, No Brain
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Teambuilder Bug: For CAP LC, it seems to be displaying Doubles tiers? as suggested Pokemon. Ex: The first suggestion that pops up is DUbers Pokemon.

BUG STATUS: FIXED at some point

in the hills

spreading confusion
is a Top Artistis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Got two bugs to report

Teambuilder Bug: For BDSP Balanced Hackmons and BDSP Pure Hackmons, CAP Pokemon show up at the top of the Pokemon list despite being unusable.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Kris

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8bdspbalancedhackmons-1467102253 In this battle, Shedinja uses Eject Button on Turn 4, but the battle text says "Eject Pack activated!" I assume this is just an error in just BDSP BH due to the strange eject button mechanics in BDSP, but I haven't checked other tiers

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE RESEARCH, there's been very little research on behavior of hacked, otherwise unobtainable items in BDSP (DaWoblefet)

Reactions: DC
In FFA formats, if stonjourner is the 2nd pokemon in your lineup, it will provide Power Spot even if not in battle.

Okay i tested with some guys, here’s the result.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8freeforall-1468053535
252+ SpA Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Clefable: 121-144 (30.7 - 36.5%)
so it looks like this is purely a visual bug, where when hovering over the move, you see a 1.3x damage modifier (like with sheer force/terrain). No effect on gameplay.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) (DaWoblefet)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8unratedrandombattle-1467347947

On turn 3 Lopunny uses Healing Wish, and a full health Heliolisk is brought in. Then on turn 12, when Heliolisk is brought in after Togedemaru's U-turn, Healing Wish's effect activates.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG Thats how it works in Gen 8, healing wish will not activate until you switch in a pokemon not at full health. (HoeenHero)

Attachments

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
Extremely minor and not very important but:

When writing /ms punch, crabominable , Ice hammer is lacking from the learnset, even though it is considered a punch move.

1638762649429.png

Edit:
This seems to be because it has the "Past Gens Only" tag, even though the move technically exists within gen 8. (But isn't avaible since Crabominable is unreleased)

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG If you want to use a search command like /ds or /ms for NatDex available results, use /nds or /nms instead. For example, /nms punch, crabominable shows Ice Hammer as one of the results. (Irpachuza)

Plusle and Minun are both flagged as legal in the teambuilder with Tearful Look in BDSP formats, but neither of them can learn it despite having it as an egg move. (they cannot be caught with the egg move in the Grand Underground and have no legitimate parents to breed the move on)

EDIT: To add to this, few other legality issues i've found for BDSP formats:
— Luvdisc with Heal Pulse. Can't be found in the Underground and has no legitimate parents to pass on the move.
— Spiritomb with Foul Play. Can’t be found in the Underground and has no legitimate parents to pass on the move.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by DaWoblefet

The front and back sprites for Unown letters B-Z, as well as the ? and ! forms, do not exist for Gens 2-4. In Gen 5, the letter sprites do exist, but the ? and ! forms still do not.
1638834708119.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - SPRITE (DaWoblefet)

Using a challenge command in a PM box will not give the intended result:
The command
/challenge kosmic explorer, gen8bdspou@@@maxteamsize=6,pickedteamsize=4

In PM
Screenshot (157).png

In a chatroom
Screenshot (158).png

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG Using the challenge command on a PM box will automatically default to challenge the user you are PMing. That means you shouldn't be adding their name on the command when using it like that (Irpachuza).

Blimax

https://www.youtube.com/c/Blimaxx
is a Top Tiering Contributor
1638970903429.png
This looks hilarious. The placement, the sizes. Can something be done to correct/improve this? Thanks!

BUG STATUS: WRONG PLACE, I actually like the older Melmetal sprite too, but that's a suggestion, not a bug (DaWoblefet)

Getting knocked off shouldn't let you obtain a new item in DPP, yet it does :
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ubers-1473138413-carsyv2bjvqp8mjdlhtinh0hfqo4cthpw

For the record, this interaction is mentioned on the dex : https://www.smogon.com/dex/dp/moves/knock-off/

I also tried it in-game to offer some clearness to it, in case the smogdex was wrong as it's specific to an older generation and we may have been less punctilious back then :
This may see relevance in DPP OU with Sticky Bard Clefables and stuff!

I went and tried a few more Knock Off interactions, namely :
  • Could a Knocked mon be affected by Trick (and Switcheroo)?
  • Can a Knocked mon get an item again using Thief (and Covet)?
  • Can a Knocked mon use Natural Gift or Fling?
  • Does Unburden get activated by Knock Off?

• 1:12 - Turn where Trick fails when used by a knocked mon
  • 1:44 - Turn where Trick fails when used against a knocked mon & Turn where Thief fails to steal the item
  • 2:46 - Turn where Natural Gift fails when used by a knocked mon
  • 4:00 - Turn where Fling fails when used by a knocked mon
  • 5:03 - Turn where it is shown that Unburden got activated by Knock Off (as it is currently on the sim, this is accurate)

Also not in the video because I only thought of it later, but switching doesn't affect this.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 34)