BW OU Speed Tiers in an easy-to-modify Excel Chart!

I'm not entirely sure where to put this, but it was suggested that I do so right here, so I shall. I made an Excel spreadsheet to calculate a Pokemon's Speed stat given its Base Speed, Nature, EVs, IVs, and any boosts it may have. As a bonus, I added in the 53 BW OU pokemon (as determined by the June PO stats) and basically all the speed values present in their recommended sets (both unboosted and after one boost, if their set included a boosting move). If a pokemon had more than one speed setting in its listed sets, I added notes in the last column to differentiate between the sets.

By default it's ordered according to usage, which makes it easier to add new sets onto existing pokemon, compare speeds between a pokemon's sets, etc. However, I'm assuming the setting most people would want to check out is ordering by speed. It does that too, along with an alphabetical listing, ordering by base speed, and a whole host of other settings that you probably wouldn't want to order by (but which I need to have there in order for the spreadsheet to work right). You can ignore those.

The real draw to the spreadsheet is the fact that it's so easy to modify yourself. Are you running a Durant with HP Ice and want to know its max speed with a +speed nature and full speed investment? Simply expand the Speed column into a new row, enter Durant's name and base speed (hint: it's 109), '1' in the nature column for a positive-speed nature, 252 speed EVs, 30 speed IVs (because you're running HP Ice and have chosen the 31/31/31/31/31/30 spread) and no boost, so a '0' in the Boost column. And, voila! Your Durant runs at 347 speed, just enough to troll Infernape and the Musketeers.

You can download the spreadsheet here: http://www.mediafire.com/?9yeirbjybt41jn6
Or here if you have 2003 or earlier Excel: http://www.mediafire.com/?u58yqthva0gvtay

If you want to use this to create Speed Tiers for a different metagame, here's a shortcut for giving each set by the same pokemon the same usage number. Type all the sets out, keeping the pokemon in usage order, but leaving the Usage column blank. Type '1' into A2, and copy this formula:
Code:
=IF(C2=C3,A2,A2+1)
into A3, expanding it to the end of the A column. Assuming each of a pokemon's sets are beside each other, they'll all have the same usage number. Then, to make this permanent, cut the entire A column (from A2 down), right-click on A2, click on Paste Special, and paste as values. If you want to add a set here or there from then on, just add the Usage number in manually along with the other numbers.

This sounds amazing, but doesn't seem to be working because I have Excel 2003. Is there anyway you can put out a version for older Excel?

It makes me sad to learn that somebody's already done this before...and that it's probably more efficient than this is...it's in the articles section of the site, which is why i didn't notice it and save myself the time and trouble of doing this

Seems interesting, but you know what is really amazing? There are some top threats such as the extremely-pissing-off-when-you-see-one-of-them Tyranitar, Politoed, Ferrothorn, Gliscor, Latios ecc., so a Excel file with their weakness and most utilized moves (5-6 because they have 2-3 different sets) and, especially, what pokemon can be utilized to kill most of them. I mean, Fire Punch + Superpower - Thunder Deoxys-S can kill Tyranitar, Ferrothorn, Politoed, Forretress, Scizor, Gyarados, Cloyster ecc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)