CAP 11 CAP 11 - Dex Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one stands out. I LOLed when I read it. Most of the others are creepy.
Glad you enjoyed it. :P I'm between these two.

The Brooding Pokemon.

1. VOODOOM inhabit dark places, forever reflecting on their pained existences. People report feeling pins and needles after happening across this Pokemon.

2. No one knows what VOODOOM are stuffed with.

#1 is more descriptive and I think the pins and needles is a nice touch, but #2 is simple yet effective. What does everyone else think?

I really think that voodoll should not be mentioned, I decided to go a different route to explain how voodoom came to be.

VOODOOM the vengeance pokemon.

VOODOOM are born when abused and abandoned Poké Dolls are struck by lightning. They use a mysterious power to inflict pain on their enemies when hurt.

FINAL SUBMISSION

VOODOOM the wrathful pokemon

Though usually quiet, this doll periodically comes to life to avenge itself or others. It often catches weaker pokemon to apply needles to them in voodoo ritual.

I like the idea of it catching weaker pokemon and sticking them with needles, using them as its own voodoo dolls, making this pokemon a bit of a 'prick' to battle against. It just seems to me that it would lash out almost randomly to try to get revenge, even if it's unfounded...like killing your neighbors dog because a bird pooped on you.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I have two, help me decide which is better.

Voodoom: the Voodoo Pokemon.

1. VOODOOM roams the streets of South Africa, stealing the vuvuzelas of little children and whittling them into pins. They then use the pins as weapons.

2. VOODOOM are reanimated dolls that are thrown away. It is said that VOODOOM travels thousands of miles to take revenge on the person that discarded them.

Well lets see if a randomer can do something.

Final Submission

VOODOOM the Misery Pokemon

"VOODOOM seeks to spread the misery it has suffered through its existance by unknown means. TOGEKISS are known to follow in a VOODOOM's wake to heal those hurt by spreading joy."

My idea is more that its a sort of Yin-Yang scenario where Voodoom embodies darkness by spreading its misery to others by the "unknown" means being voodoo and Togekiss balancing this by spreading its joy to counter-act this so its not a desired partnership but one more formed due to their natures towards other beings.

Final Submission

Voodoom, the Doll Pokemon

It's said that VOODOOM are often seen on hills during severe thunderstorms, as though lightning has a special meaning to them

Final submission

Final Submission

The Brooding Pokemon

People report feeling 'pins and needles' after encountering this Pokemon. No one knows what VOODOOM are stuffed with.

I'll try my hand at this dex stuff...

Final Submission

Voodoom
The Needle Doll Pokemon

When lightning strikes a VOODOOM, it is given strength and sustenance.

A normally docile Pokemon, VOODOOM absorbs the anger and distress of others and releases the pent up rage when provoked, giving it a fierce will to fight. The more pain VOODOOM has stored, the deeper its needles go into its flesh.
Also note that it absorbs anger; thus it has a cleansing effect on its environment, allowing togekiss to come in (no strife)
This one is probably my favorite. I like how it takes a completely different (and probably more accurate) perspective on VOODOOM. Most of us (myself included) have been writing these really dark, sad entries that depict the doll as either evil or misunderstood. But think about it: a voodoo doll isn't evil or vengeful, the person using it is. In reality, its presence benefits everyone - a person feeling anger or frustration can use it to relieve these negative emotions instead of harming actual people. Of course, if you believe voodoo actually works, I guess that's a different story. :naughty:

I also like how this entry sets up the possibility for a mutual relationship with Togekiss without explicitly stating that the two Pokemon are friends. However, it looks a little long to me, and as you said, it makes readers question why VOODOOM doesn't learn Bide or Rage. If you cut out the parts I underlined, that might help with both those issues.

Also, this:

Final Submission

VOODOOM, the Black Magic Pokemon

"On stormy nights, groups of them gather deep in the forest. They leave behind strange symbols carved on trees."

Final submission

VOODOOM, the vengance pokémon

"After experiencing alot of pain and sadness, VOODOLL takes a needle a sticks it in his heart and evolves into VOODOOM. Myths say that VOODOOM commonly needs to be struck by the thunder to keep him alive"

Here is my entry:

VOODOOM the Ragdoll pokemon

It uses the needles on their bodies as swords, wands, and even lighting rods. They like to keep to themselves but they have a strange liking of TOGEKISS

Okay...round two of them since a lack of comments apparently means "this entry sucks."

Voodoom: Energized Doll Pokemon.

Its internal energy is boundless, but it is stuck within a cloth shell. By puncturing pins this shell at the right places, it can manipulate this energy to unleash powerful attacks or curse its opponent.

It uses voodoo tactics to debuff its foes, but it does not consider this dishonorable and otherwise it is highly noble. It will punish foes who fight without honor mercilessly.

Final Submission

VOODOOM, the Pain Pokémon

"Given the gift of life by lightning but fueled by pain, a VOODOOM often carries hatred in its soul. To relieve itself, it often shares it pain by forcing it upon other Pokémon.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Final Submission

"VOODOOMs' strange powers are fueled by electricity. They use these powers to punish their enemies."

Final Submission

VOODOOM, the Voodoo Pokemon

VOODOOM are VOODOLL that have been stabbed through the heart and then struck with a bolt of lightning, transforming it. It now wanders the earth seeking vengeance on those who hurt it in its past life.

"When you attack this Pokémon, you instantly feel pain. It's said that it can catch electricity with it's needle, which makes him feel better.

I would just like to note, because this is relevant to many of these entries, that commonly-held beliefs about "Voodoo Dolls" and their purpose are quite incorrect. While such dolls do exist as a part of certain Voodoo practices (not African Vodun (Voodoo)), they are not used for the purpose of causing pain or cursing, but rather for the purpose of blessing another person.

^That is exactly what inspired mine!

Final submission

It is imbued with both a pure blessing and an evil curse. It taps into each by sticking a pin into an appropriate location on its body. It feeds off of thunderstorms using the needle piercing its heart.

breh

強いだね
Thanks McLuvdisc! Btw McLuvdisc's is actually pretty good; it's very neutral, much like a few of FlareBlitz's.

Voodoom, the Voodoo Pokemon (if this seems unrelated, blastoise is a shellfish pokemon lol)

A normally docile Pokemon, VOODOOM absorbs the anger and distress of others and releases the pent up rage when provoked, giving it a fierce will to fight. The more pain VOODOOM has stored, the deeper its needles go into its flesh.

Also note that it absorbs anger; thus it has a cleansing effect on its environment, allowing togekiss to come in (no strife)
Anybody else want to give some criticism?

Also Bugmaniacbob I lol'd

I'm taking a HG/SS approach with two shorter, yet slightly different Dex submissions.

VOODOOM, the (Likely be Voodoo. Can't come up with anything not stated before) Pokemon.

Gold- VOODOOM often bonds close to humans that show it love instead of fear. In defense, VOODOOM will absorb the negative energy from foes and redirects them back in self-defense, or to prevent allies from the harm it can sustain.

Silver- It often uses it's needle to help repair itself after battle to harness the negative energy of lightening. It gathers with Togekiss to help absorb pain and spread joy.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Final Submission

Voodoom, the Pain Pokemon.

"VOODOOM has stuck a pin in its heart to make sure it never feels anything but pain again. It is said that its true potential is only unlocked when it feels loved enough to take the pin out."

I decided against including the other part of my flavor, as I and others felt it was a bit cluttering, so this is going to be my final submission. Other submitters have done a great job as well, good luck to you all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)