CAP 13 CAP 2 - Part 2 - Typing Poll 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initially wanted to go for electric/poison because i felt dragon/poison was too bulky for it's own good, but i agree that if the projected Pokemon can't actually make a good set, it'll ruin the sketch viability to just being Spore/Shell Break/Tail Glow sort of deal, where even with sketch, it's completely limited in viability.

Grass/ghost and dragon/poison are interesting types for sure. I feel like giving it a weakness to fire will lead it to have so much trouble with a sun based team it wont be funny. Grass types with chloro will be able to break it in half, and it seems prone to using that sketch move to get a perfect coverage with ghost/fighting, well above what hp could offer, while dragon/poison will do near the same by using a fire/ground move depending on other access.

Overall, my choice is torn. I don't feel dragon is the strongest suit for the job, but maybe i'm just too conditioned by Smeargle. I am going to go ahead and vote grass/ghost though i would have liked to see some different options myself.

Electric/Poison

Grass/Ghost is a terrible defensive typing (5 weaknesses), preventing it from filling the bulky attacker role.

Poison/Dragon is unsuitable for CAP 2 because Dragon+Shell Smash don't mix.

A Dragon-type with access to Shell Smash, Tail Glow, Quiver Dance, or Gear Shift? I don't understand how that becomes a bulky attacker "Serperior type spread" we wanted earlier, in any way. OU doesn't need anymore Dragons, and giving it a Dragon with infinite options in regards to boosting or offensive coverage, excellent Poison resistances, and the best offensive STAB in the game teaches us next to nothing about our concept, it just teaches us how broken a Dragon can be with almost limitless options and even better defensive typing. I urge everyone to think, and not vote for Poison/Dragon typing.
OU really does NOT need any more overpowered dragons.

I was originally for the Electric/Poison combo, and yes it is good, but I rethought, and it seems a bit too mundane for me. Grass/Ghost just feels more fitting for some reason. It doesnt have STABS that can break things easily, but very nice defensive typing that allows it to utilize sketch to help coverage. Also, I believe that ghosts are more prone to the tricky variable movesets that sketch would bring.

Grass/Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)