CAP 24 Playtest Tournament (Won by Rat With Wings)

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Welcome to our Playtest Tournament for CAP 24, Jumbao. This is by far the biggest tour I've seen for CAP, so I hope you're as excited for this as I am!

Before we go into the matchups, here are some basic rules:

• This tournament will be played in the CAP metagame, featuring CAP 24 - Jumbao. The CAP metagame has all of the same bans and clauses as Smogon's USUM OU metagame, but with all twenty-four CAP project creations allowed as well.
  • The only restriction on teams is that they must be legal for the CAP metagame. There is no requirement to have a CAP Pokemon on your team to participate. This means that Jumbao is not required, and that OU teams are legal.
  • All matchups will be played as a best of three.
  • Each round will last one week.
  • Replays are absolutely required to be posted here.
  • All standard tournament rules apply. These general rules and regulations can be found here.
Note: Due to the large size of this tournament, there will be a large number of round one byes. These byes will allow us to run this playtest as a regular 64-man tournament from round 2 and onward, which means that everyone will have a chance to battle.

Matchups were randomly generated using this bracket for reference. Opponents will be randomly re-bracketed for Round 2.
https://challonge.com/tournaments/bracket_generator?ref=6VXKe1HYV4

I apologize if your name is misspelled in the brackets. The taggings, however, are all correct.

Round 1 ends at 11:59 PM PDT (GMT -7) on Sunday June 3

Matchups:
Granny Pie vs DarkSouls295 Activity
Railola790 vs LuigaLivesMatter Coinflip
jas61292 vs LengendaryLlama Activity
Birkal vs Drud Activity
Smagleaf vs G-Luke Activity
ArrowElite4Aaron vs Trace Activity
TheMintyAltoids vs Aj(m trainer) Coinflip
PuttPuttFan vs Storephin8204 Counflip
Senpac vs DoW Activity
Vhayle vs Airwind
Shadow Sirens vs BoltSapphire Coinflip
the derpy garchomp vs Mew Says Mew Coinflip
pythonSL vs Deku Prince
Velcroc vs Yodabomb113 Coinflip
21suggie vs Shbmrangera Coinflip
CodesterV2 vs EscoffierActivity
AJLlama vs Dj Breloominati♬ Activity
Boboscargaming vs Panther-T Activity
KrazyCake vs McBomba Activity
Heaven Jay vs reachzero
OliPlayzHD2 vs Reviloja753 Coinflip
Fardin vs EpicUmbreon29 Activity
belz vs RatchetWeavile Coinflip
Zondice vs Galvantula Tank Coinflip
LREWDW vs FledBeast578 Coinflip
Marjane vs Korigan Bane Activity
SHSP vs Dragonitekid010 Activity
NumberCruncher vs SunMYSER
Insert Old Meme vs Animus Majulous Coinflip
Lumeneko vs Rifou88 Activity
Sensei Luke vs Hys
Jho vs DeltaRuby TBD
S. Court vs Prototypetrainer
Frostbiyt vs Ghostwood Activity
DarkAngeallenq.q vs Funbot28
squirtlezero vs LucarioOfLegends Activity

Byes:
Diana_Anderson
11bug
aegislasher681
KilerKont
Frat Dude
DetroitLolcat
Endermagicain
pqs
Shotgun9090
Raichu0965
Shamrock Dragon
Snorlax in the way
(Moon) Angelo
Narusin12
AdamAsh123456
hoblaph
PokeMortal!
Cara95
Jucherz
319phoenix
Cairill
snake_rattler
againa
philiptsmithii
Rat With Wings
joey0321
Rainbowblazekin33
Maverick Axl

Last edited:

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
My apologies, I missed LucarioOfLegends when I created the initial bracket. I've since then double checked the brackets, and I'm fairly certain I didn't miss anyone else. Luckily, the solution to this is relatively painless. If I randomly select one person from the 29 byes this round, I can match that one person up with LucarioOfLegends and we'll still be able to resolve this round prepared for a 64-man tournament.

To determine who to match LucarioOfLegends with, I put the list of byes from this round through the /pick command on Pokemon Showdown! and came up with this result: http://prntscr.com/jni9nf

The RNG gods have spoken squirtlezero- you get to be LucarioOfLegends's opponent for this round. I'm really sorry about the mix up.

Why is there so many byes? This is extremely puzzling.
And I quote from the original post: "Note: Due to the large size of this tournament, there will be a large number of round one byes. These byes will allow us to run this playtest as a regular 64-man tournament from round 2 and onward, which means that everyone will have a chance to battle."

Hope that explains it.

akaFila

butterscotch love
Contacted;

Tagging cbre as heads up it's likely this user won't be showing up given account status. Just in case you want to keep on eye on it for potential subbing in a couple days.

DoW

formally Death on Wings
I contacted my opp on Tuesday, letting them know that I would be offline this weekend. They have not been online since the 22nd. Calling activity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)