For counterpoints:I strongly disagree with these points you've made. For one, this Pokémon has a strong fireworks theme, and the whole deal with fireworks is that they explode, so I don't know why Astrolotl couldn't do that in its dex entry (it can still explode, after all). Not learning moves by levelup doesn't automatically mean that a Pokémon can't have certain themes mentioned in their dex entries. Tying into that, I don't think that a lack of dance moves should mean it can't dance - there are a few Pokémon that don't learn dance moves (Rain Dance is kinda wide-spread so not counting that) despite having a dancing theme in their entries and even in design:
- Kirlia, who is basically a ballerina
- Medicham and Hitmontop include dance in their fighting styles
- Clefairy dance around meteorites and in the air (they can also fly appearantly!)
- Jynx is a hula dancer
With that said, there are also a lot of Pokémon capable of flight that don't learn Fly (most of the pixie mythicals, Dragonair, Elgyem/Beheeyem, most flying bugs etc.). I think for dex entries we can a bit more liberal with flavor rather than confining it to what moves a mon learns, let alone by levelup. Dex entries are really the place for people to share what a Pokémon conveys to them! If you don't necessarily agree with someone's views, you can just not vote for their entries.
- I'm not against explosions. I'm against "exploding itself". That's the territory of the move "Explosion". Stuff like the ones that say "give off burst of explosive energy" or "can fire exploding projectiles" or similar things don't get the anti-explosion mention. It's only the ones that talk about blowing ourselves up.
- Dancing is fine on those pokemon because it's part of their design's inspiration. We don't have that. We are simply an energetic and happy pokemon. The art isn't inspired by dancing. The moves? No dancing. The inspiration? Fireworks, axolotls, and magical girls; no direct ties to dancing. You could argue that "fireworks=celebration=dancing" and/or "magical girl=feminine=dancing", but that's a tirtiary theme. I don't oppose simply mentioning dancing. I oppose it as a significant theme. For example, on Gekokeso's entry, I mention that it's not a major issue there. That kind of mention is mostly fine, because it matches the degree to which our inspiration is tied to dancing. I only dislike the ones where it became a major point to the degree of a species name or an entire dex entry.
- I'm not against flight. I'm against extended periods of flight. Stuff like "shoots into the sky like a firework" or even "can be seen going across the sky" is mostly fine. Stuff like "lives in the upper atmosphere" isn't as fine.
As for that last part: "If you don't necessarily agree with someone's views, you can just not vote for their entries," I strongly disagree. If they don't necessarily agree with my views, they can share their thoughts and/or just not change their entries. But both me and them have the right to share our opinions. What would be the point of feedback if no one was allowed to share conflicting opinions?