CAP 3 CAP 3 Art Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gengar is poison because of Gastly and Haunter (made of gasses). Most of the ones with psychic you can't really dispute because they basically gained supernatural powers.
Gas doesn't have to be poisonous. In fact, many gases aren't in real life. As for not disputing psychics because of supernatural powers... unless they can show that on the art, my statement stands that they don't look psychic.

Gas doesn't have to be poisonous. In fact, many gases aren't in real life. As for not disputing psychics because of supernatural powers... unless they can show that on the art, my statement stands that they don't look psychic.
Agreed. Lugia never seemed Psychic to me, and neither did Mew or Mewtwo or a whole slew of others. Mr. Mime hit me as Psychic due only to its colour scheme.

I'd say the most appropriate Psychic Pokemon may actually be the Abra line (specifically Kadabra and Alakazam). I mean, the spoon really clinches it for me.

Everything Stantler wishes it could be. Oh and the flowers on the back could be the difference between male and female.

I like the second one too but it looks more like a Llama with antlers. And barely looks like Shaymin.

Sorry I haven't been able to participate in this CAP project, recently. My computer crashed due to a massive load of infections and had to get fixed, ASAP. Anyways, I'm back!

So, I browsed this thread and I have to say that I amazed by the level of artistic talent! I mean, geez! I'd have to say that my favorite concepts are Elagune's remade wooden beast, CyzirVaisheen's third and fourth (chili pepper chili pepper chili pepper chili pepper) designs, and Cartoons!'s flaming deer. They all look like something GameFreak would have whipped up themselves. Great job, guys.

[Edit: this was directed to Dane. A lot of time seemed to pass as I was lazily typing this response]

I know. My point is that the gas is probably poisonous, or was originally intended to be so. Besides, what looks psychic? A wisened old man? A metitating humanoid? I don't see why the limits of psychic power should be bound to stereotypes. Hmmm... I wonder if I have lost track of the arguement?

I agree with your point that what a pokemon appears to be is not the primary factor to define its type. As for the Gengar thing, I was really just thinking aloud. I had never been sure on its poison typing.

Well, Gengar could be poison because of what it is based off of:
A creepy shadow sneaking up on you at night.

Poison is supposed to be a very sneaky, underhanded way of killing someone.
Just like Gengar.

This is all so off topic, but it's a fun discussion.

I think had Gengar been fully Ghost from the beginning, no one would bring up the point, but because he's part Poison, some of us, myself included, try rationalizing the additional type with all kinds of explanations that Nintendo themselves never really elaborated on. Really, the Poison aspect of him was only added to keep him from being broken in RBY, where the only super effective hit would have been from Lick otherwise.

And Lucario playing around with auras? Totally Steel type!

the woodman is fucking sexy. does anyone think armaldo? (perfect)
so is the lava snake but that might be much harder to work with overall

I know. My point is that the gas is probably poisonous, or was originally intended to be so. Besides, what looks psychic? A wisened old man? A metitating humanoid? I don't see why the limits of psychic power should be bound to stereotypes. Hmmm... I wonder if I have lost track of the arguement?
A GIRAFFE...

There is just way too much awesomeness in this thread, much of it contained inside the wood man. It would've been nice if this standard was with the previous art polls...

I really wish you would further detail it, by far my favorite, its way more of a pokemon, and still cool without trying too hard to be badass, the chili pepper thing here is a really good idea.

Vandom, the second Deer does not look like shaymin, which makes me throw more of my support behind it. We are NOT Evolving shaymin, so GTFO >=V

AND WHAT'S WRONG WITH LLAMAS? >=VV

...Hi, I'm new and wondering: Do you accept pixel/sprite art for these?
Because if there's more time left in this one/when the next one rolls around I'd like to submit something.
Thanks.

Pixel/Sprite art will be a step much later on, after most other things are done. This thread is for the main art, which would later be turned into the sprites.

What I'm wondering is if I can do a larger pixel of a concept, not like a sprite for an existing CAP project, but just something to get my concept submitted into the contest.
Since pixelart is my best medium, I'm pretty terrible at all forms of traditional art :x

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Aw, we're already ending this?

I'm still trying to get the colorings done for my submissions. :(

awww, it's already over? I sketched, linearted and colored my entry in one sitting :/

btw, here was my entry but I guess it's void...

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
All I have to say, Regi DS, is that I am seriously disappointed we decided to move the art along so fast :/

That is awesome. Was that your idea for the first, second, or final evolution? Or was it just a basic "concept" idea; either way, it's so cool.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)