CAP 3 CAP 3 Art Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy that my Pokemon is generally getting some positive reactions.

I was working in Flash at the time I found this thread and thought it'd be fun to get involved. So I just found some references of elk and caribou and sketched and colored out what I have here in about 20 or 30 minutes.

The fact that I was working in vector-based Flash as opposed to Photoshop lends it its look I suppose.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I don't really participate in the CaP but here are my comments:

Absolutely love it. However, my suggestions are different from the others.

I would actually remove the "flames" from his back and just keep them around his hands/cannons.

Additionally, I think a bit of the wooden feel was lost somehow as compared to the first one. I'm not sure why but it felt more pronounced there!

Easily the best in this thread!

Thats actually an amazing picture. I love it! Thing is, I just don't see it as a pokemon. As a drawing its great, but as a pokemon it just doesn't feel like one...

Additionally, I think a bit of the wooden feel was lost somehow as compared to the first one. I'm not sure why but it felt more pronounced there!
It's the shading. The second one is slightly harder to see the "bark curves" compared to the first.

I am so impressed with everyone's art. If I get any ideas later on I might submit something too.

These ones make me feel awesome about this CAP!!

Excellent work to everyone else too.

Mad props to Cartoons! for his Forest-Fire Deer, and to KoA for his Cockatrice Pokemon. Both pictures have blown my mind, and I feel like it's a great honour to be working along people with such great imaginations. The Deer for its incredible art and original idea, and Cockatrice for its symbolic connection and great image (it would look even better coloured!).

That being said, would anybody care for a backshot of Woodman? It seems that a lot of the discussion is going on about its back, which is hardly visible in that picture. If you guys want, I could whip something up showing it from behind.

I managed to finish this surprisingly quickly, perhaps because I already had the idea in my head. I hope this satisfies people regarding Woodman's back. Also, Woodman does not always have his flames on; they're only there when he decides to attack or intimidate his foes.

I hope this clarifies some things for you all.

I managed to finish this surprisingly quickly, perhaps because I already had the idea in my head. I hope this satisfies people regarding Woodman's back. Also, Woodman does not always have his flames on; they're only there when he decides to attack or intimidate his foes.

I hope this clarifies some things for you all.
Whoah that right theres calls for a Flare Blitz signature move.

~ Rock Head
~ Intimidate
~ Solid Rock
~ Flash Fire
~ Battle Armor

Should be it's option for abilities. Probably pick 2 of 5

Whoah that right theres calls for a Flare Blitz signature move.

~ Rock Head
~ Intimidate
~ Solid Rock
~ Flash Fire
~ Battle Armor

Should be it's option for abilities. Probably pick 2 of 5
Chlorophyll :)

The back pic of the Woodsman is awesome

Wow, these are truly amazing!

The ones I really love are Cartoon's Elk and Elagune's Gentle Giant and Woodman...the Lava Snake and KoA's Cockatrice are good too.

It's too bad we can't just make all of these. Maybe make the runner-up stat total into the second-most liked concept, or something.

Speed Growth: Eliminates extra waiting turns(ei. Hyper Beam,Focus Punch,Giga Impact,etc.)

It is sorta broken? Imagine if it had a 'Fast' speed. Instant Solarbeams+bulkiness= omega broken-ness

If you really want an ability like that, you could have an ability that makes it so that if you use an move with a waiting turn for the first time since the switch in, you get no recharge, but your speed falls. Kinda like, you can speed up the growth, but it'll cost the plant later. And you can only do it once, or else people will just focus on bulk and ignore speed.

Speed Growth: Eliminates extra waiting turns(ei. Hyper Beam,Focus Punch,Giga Impact,etc.)

It is sorta broken? Imagine if it had a 'Fast' speed. Instant Solarbeams+bulkiness= omega broken-ness
it's not broken, seeing that this Pokemon will have around 50-70 base attack, Focus Punch wouldn't do as much

Also, no charge SolarBeam is just like Close Combat/Outrage

besdies, what can't wall a grass type move? lol

it's not broken, seeing that this Pokemon will have around 50-70 base attack, Focus Punch wouldn't do as much

Also, no charge SolarBeam is just like Close Combat/Outrage

besdies, what can't wall a grass type move? lol
Yeah, I could see there being an instant Power Herb ability like this, one that eliminates the power-up time in charge moves (Solarbeam, Skull Bash, Fly, etc). But it shouldn't work with Recharge moves (Hyper Beam, Blast Burn, etc), thats just too broken.

Chlorophyll doesn't even fit the appearance man.
I am not trying to turn this into ability thread but i have answer this

You suggested Rock head which is only on rocky earthy type pokes( with 1 exception) .

You suggested solid rock which is on a rock type and fire/ground Camerupt(volcanic poke hence magma volcanic rock)

Flame body,Battle armor and Intimidate make some sense but you suggested rock head and solid rock and you have the nerve to tell me that chlorophyll does fit.Please

Well I got struck by a great amount of inspiration and began to work on a new art concept that I haven't seen discussed yet.

Unfortuanately I don't have a scanner :(. My concept is very viable and if some great artist is willing to adopt it I will describe it.

It is a large badger standing upright. It has a large eucalyptus leaf attached to its back (possibly by vines). Its torso is also wrapped in these leaves in order to maintain internal temperature. One hand is replaced by a flaming venus flytrap-like plant which would be the source of the special moves. The feet and tail are left up for interpretation as well as anything protruding from its back.

Although I have no art I hope you like the concept :)

Wow, these are truly amazing!

The ones I really love are Cartoon's Elk and Elagune's Gentle Giant and Woodman...the Lava Snake and KoA's Cockatrice are good too.

It's too bad we can't just make all of these. Maybe make the runner-up stat total into the second-most liked concept, or something.
I second this notion.

I have many favourite concepts within this thread, ranging from Blu's Chilisaur to the Lava Snake. I have also been skimming through the BST thread, and from what I understand there is a difference in opinion there, ranging from people who want to make this Pokemon capable of physical attacks to those who just flat out want a special fighter, and from those who want it bulky to those who want it speedy.

There is a lot of time and effort placed in this project, and once something is voted on everything else gets discarded immediately and almost not looked back on anymore. I think this is a large waste of the heart that many of us on this board put into these creations.

I motion that we split the project; letting two concepts pass, each incorporating different ideas. Nothing too similar. At the end we end up with two different yet similar Pokemon.

It would be win-win for all people involved. More artists, thinkers, and other such people would have their contributions recognized by the community, and those who want to play with new Pokemon will get two for one.

I really want to submit this idea, although I'm not sure how to go about doign it, or even if it will be widely accepted. I'm also not a very competitive battler, although I do play on Shoddy ever now and then, so I'm not sure if putting two new Pokemon out at once is a good idea.

Any thoughts?

I agree with you there. It's such a shame to waste such great idea after this all set and done. I think someone suggested that we should try to make a display thread with all the other artworks from past CaP projects. It would be great to see them all in one area, and certain drawing like Doug's flaming pumpkin can get a new lifes as a Ghost/Fire[Grass] if that typing suddenly appears.

I second this notion.

I have many favourite concepts within this thread, ranging from Blu's Chilisaur to the Lava Snake. I have also been skimming through the BST thread, and from what I understand there is a difference in opinion there, ranging from people who want to make this Pokemon capable of physical attacks to those who just flat out want a special fighter, and from those who want it bulky to those who want it speedy.

There is a lot of time and effort placed in this project, and once something is voted on everything else gets discarded immediately and almost not looked back on anymore. I think this is a large waste of the heart that many of us on this board put into these creations.

I motion that we split the project; letting two concepts pass, each incorporating different ideas. Nothing too similar. At the end we end up with two different yet similar Pokemon.

It would be win-win for all people involved. More artists, thinkers, and other such people would have their contributions recognized by the community, and those who want to play with new Pokemon will get two for one.

I really want to submit this idea, although I'm not sure how to go about doign it, or even if it will be widely accepted. I'm also not a very competitive battler, although I do play on Shoddy ever now and then, so I'm not sure if putting two new Pokemon out at once is a good idea.

Any thoughts?
I think you've mistaken me for someone else

this is my artwork btw:

I drew my Pokemon in its attack-mode

Anyways, I'm going to explain more about this Pokemon I call Tranon.

Tranons are usually very weak, making it incapable of moving alot and instead it rests on its left-hand(cannon) most of the time. It's legs aren't that strong to carry itself and move from distance to distance. Despite its weak strength, its body is very sturdy making it just shrug a couple of hits from its enemies. Tranons also have the ability to shoot fatal shots from its cannon by turning solar energy into a flaming cannon ball made from its bark inside the cannon. Also, Tranons can only shoot a limited amount of cannon balls as it needs time to use solar energy to recover the bark used for its cannon. It then releases the leftover ashes by smoking it out from the hole on top of its head. Due to its very weak leg strength, Tranons can only attack by standing on its right hand, raise its cannon, aim, and shoot for a maximum of 5 seconds. Haha 5 secs? Do not be fooled, as its cannon balls are fatal when fully taken.
I don't think that's a chili pepper monster ._.

Sorry for double-posting, I can't edit my post due to my current status.

Anyways, I completely agree with Elagune. We should make a frozen thread that contains frozen good artworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)