CAP 30 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yu_IOTJ

formerly NoahIOTJ
is a Community Contributor
WIP

So I drew up some Flying pig template designs up yesterday and showed them off to the discord. I’m definitely looking to move forward with one of these or a conglomerate of some of these, so time to share the ideas going forward.

For Tinted Lens, each of the designs comes equipped with Aviator goggles and a cute lil flap hat.

The first is the Bushhog design, the most decorated of the bunch and has comically small wings.
4D31C1D0-1218-4FB4-80CF-8F3881370DA5.png
The second is the Pygmy Hog design, who is super cute and small.
C8FFE188-4C1D-4FED-A0AD-09F26B0C4040.png
The third design is the Babirusa design, the chunkiest and the one with the smallest wings.
92C06772-D182-418A-AA5C-7D2297B122D9.png
The fourth is the Giant Forest Hog design, ditching small wings for Gryphon-sized ones, and he’s very chillax.
57DE5B6C-0D29-4D89-AE3F-DD311571944B.png
COPTERPIIIIIIG OH YEAHHHHHH!!!!
070B68B3-E68F-4252-994B-121C9C53EF8B.png
And the final design, a warthog, small but very fast and lean.
D59D899A-B320-4643-BBC3-E3C7F0AA5F9D.png
I would appreciate some feedback on what pigs would work best or what would be the more interesting/fun design moving forward. Or simply what parts of each would work well.

Last edited:
WIP

Hello everyone! I'd like to introduce you to my versions of 30b and 30i! well, I would if they could understand what the gesture meant...

For my CAP 30, the pokemon is based off of a unifying idea: Transport, specifically unusual ways of transport. The first way this is done is through the Flying type side of the design, in this case being Leonardo Da Vinci's flying machines, with 30b being based off the helicopter he designed and 30i on the winged flying machine he designed. The poison type, on the other hand, is based on something far more sinister: A parasite, specifically a type of parasitic worm that attaches itself to snails after being consumed and takes control of the snails brain and eyestalks, making them look bloated and caterpillar-like, so that birds will eat them and then restart the parasites life cycle once again. in this case, 30b is the snail, and 30i will be the bird. Finally, add a bit of alien imagery to both, and the 30b becomes a UFO snail, while 30i becomes the parasites "disguised" form, flying around as a bird and spreading toxins on the wind as it goes.

Other Elements of the design:
  • 30b Round body resembles classic UFO shape, specifically with bubble windows(that may or may not be actual bubbles) which the parasites look out of, as opposed to the snails red eyes
  • 30b Snail shell can fold down to resemble conical shell or splay outwards and rotate to allow for flight
  • 30i bubble windows resemble cockpit and passenger windows
Lemme know if you have any critiques!

Last edited:
WIP

https://i.imgur.com/CiBibYA.png

Hey there everyone, here to post my concepts for CAP 30! This concept is based off the poisonous apple, the Manchineel, and the second form is based off of the poisonous apple in Snow White that made her fall asleep. Got that? Okay, let's move on!

First Form (30i): This one was really fun to design. Its lobs are powerful, but miss often, so that explains the Tinted Lens part. I tried to make the wings look more like hands so it can grasp others (Wrap, Force Palm, etc.) It doesn't have any eyes lol.

Second Form (30b): Similar to the first form. It tries to hide its wings that secrete toxins so it can look like a basic apple (that's why it'll be tiny,) and when a victim tries to eat it, it'll lob poison darts at its foe. It's not really sleeping, but it pretends to be sleeping so it can prank foes.

Modedit: Changing oversized image to link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Unsee

so smart me, enjoy book so much
is an Artist
WIP

Bookwyrm Symmetry Smol.png

Here's an update on the book/quill sky thing! Was inspired by some lovely folks in the Discord to try and add some Rorschach ink blot elements to the ink spatter on its pages. The thing hanging from the bottom is a bookmark. I'm still a little concerned about being able to create an alternate form for this lad, but it's been a fun ride so far nonetheless.

EDIT (9/14): Drew another (sketchy and disproportionate) angle with a distinguishing color for the book's cover (the back "wings").

Bookwyrm Color Alt Angle Smol.png

EDIT 2 (9/14): Here's the (potential) back! And a dive!

Bookwyrm Back.png Bookwyrm Dive Smol.png

EDIT 3 (9/16): I've decided that the above drawing should likely be the base form. Below is an idea of what its item form could look like!

Bookwyrm New Item Forme Smol.png

Last edited:
WIP

Fleshed out my idea a bit more: poison dart → poison arrow & gloster canary → flamingo. it usually curls up its body into a big ball of fluff, but once it gets angry, it sees red and stretches out its lanky limbs. Base form currently designed with abilities like Thick Fat, Stamina, Fur Coat, Fluffy, etc. in mind, and Item form clearly has Tinted Lens. Would like feedback on the markings and colours, not really sure if they're working.

WIP
CAP30i_designs_WIP.png
Kinda got the body shape, but also altered the head's details a bit to make it more bat-like and got these 2 designs I'm unsure of (wings aren't see-through, I was seeing how the body looks underneath). Colors are placeholders.

EDIT: And here's a draft for 30b:
CAP30b_draft2.png
Base form is a normal bat and when given its item, it becomes a vampire (basically the theme is kinda rags to riches-like). Tried to make both forms have a distinct body shape to make them more interesting.

Last edited:
Very WIP

3E0DB1DF-0648-4365-BA4E-65C46409AF98.JPG

Based on Revelations 16:1-4
"And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.
And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.
And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.
And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood."
with some strong influence from the Ophanim (sometimes referred to now as "biblically accurate angels") for the item to bring in that tinted lens vibe.

I'm planning to probably differentiate the forms a bit more once the second ability is decided. Feedback and suggestions are very welcome.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
WIP

Temporary File.png

I've been thinking about ways to make my CAP 30i design look more of a Poison-type Pokemon, so I ended up giving this design quill shafts that double as poisonous needles. In addition, I've hashed out some colors on CAP 30i. I've gotten some input to keep the noir colors of the last design, so I've kept those. Meanwhile, I've added bright, poisonous-looking accent colors to make those parts pop. In general, I've added more detail onto the design since the original conceptual sketch.

Usual disclaimer that none of this is set in set in stone! I'll be playing with proportions and working out how to make this match my 30b design once we get an ability for it.

Thanks to feedback from D2TheW, MrDollSteak, Wulfanator, and Zetalz!

--

I also doodled this for CAP 30b after having added poncho/gunslinger/Day of the Dead motifs, but it still needs a lot of iterating upon. '3' I'll likely hold off on doing anything else to 30b until we get its ability. Thanks to feedback from Mos-Quitoxe, Sunfished, and Yokaiju for this version, though!

Temporary File.png

For my CAP 30, the pokemon is based off of a unifying idea: Transport, specifically unusual ways of transport. The first way this is done is through the Flying type side of the design, in this case being Leonardo Da Vinci's flying machines, with 30b being based off the helicopter he designed and 30i on the winged flying machine he designed. The poison type, on the other hand, is based on something far more sinister: A parasite, specifically a type of parasitic worm that attaches itself to snails after being consumed and takes control of the snails brain and eyestalks, making them look bloated and caterpillar-like, so that birds will eat them and then restart the parasites life cycle once again. in this case, 30b is the snail, and 30i will be the bird. Finally, add a bit of alien imagery to both, and the 30b becomes a UFO snail, while 30i becomes the parasites "disguised" form, flying around as a bird and spreading toxins on the wind as it goes.
These ones are great!

My minor gripe is with the bird head crest
is it part of the parasite? if so why is it colored differently? it makes it look like a fire type

Fleshed out my idea a bit more: poison dart → poison arrow & gloster canary → flamingo. it usually curls up its body into a big ball of fluff, but once it gets angry, it sees red and stretches out its lanky limbs. Base form currently designed with abilities like Thick Fat, Stamina, Fur Coat, Fluffy, etc. in mind, and Item form clearly has Tinted Lens. Would like feedback on the markings and colours, not really sure if they're working.
These ones are also great! The canary in particular has a Slowpoke like cuteness and charm you rarely see in fakemons
I want a plushie of it :3

The colours on the wings of the flamingo are the problem, the wings being asymmetrical looks really odd
I like that the pattern on its left wing looks subtly like dripping blood though! it's real neat

Last edited:
WIP

After some time, i finally got a desing that im content with, inspired by cotton candy on base form and rock candy in item form.

The idea is that when the base pokemon enters in contact with an specific syrup, that hardens its body (even its eyes, giving it, tinted lens in a way)

On the other hand, 30b fits stamina quite well, not only it has a very resistant body able to receive hits for hours, but its also filled to the brim with energy, to be expected from a pokemon litterally made of candy (if water bubble won i would had to change it into a bubblegum pokemon, thankfully it isnt needed ^3^)

(Edited to have 2 images for every form so thta both fit the image size limit)

Last edited:
This doesn't really seem to fit Poison/Flying at all. Your 30b design appears to look more Fairy/Flying while the 30i design looks like a Rock/Flying type. I'm also iffy on how it fits the ability choices. 30b doesn't fit any of the slated abilities too well (maybe had Fluffy made it past the first round, I would be more lenient), and I think your reasoning for Tinted Lens on 30i is a bit too much of a stretch.

I do like the food idea, but there are better foods you could have used. Or at the very least, add some dripping ooze/syrup to show off the Poison typing a bit more.

This doesn't really seem to fit Poison/Flying at all. Your 30b design appears to look more Fairy/Flying while the 30i design looks like a Rock/Flying type. I'm also iffy on how it fits the ability choices. 30b doesn't fit any of the slated abilities too well (maybe had Fluffy made it past the first round, I would be more lenient), and I think your reasoning for Tinted Lens on 30i is a bit too much of a stretch.

I do like the food idea, but there are better foods you could have used. Or at the very least, add some dripping ooze/syrup to show off the Poison typing a bit more.
I completely disagree. It to me looks like clouds, which I would say fits the bill for flying. You can make the argument for poison for the rock candy. Maybe it’s rotten or poisonous.

I completely disagree. It to me looks like clouds, which I would say fits the bill for flying. You can make the argument for poison for the rock candy. Maybe it’s rotten or poisonous.
My issue wasn't with 30b not looking like a Flying-type (like you said, the clouds certainly fit the bill). My issue, is that there isn't much about it that supports it being part Poison-type. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think rock candy can "rot" per se.

the idea of the poison is that it is, in fact rotten to its core! also too much candy is bad for you so there's that

Also i can see the concerns for the flying part of 30B, but i mostly visualized as if it floated like jumpluff/skiploom/whimsicott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)