CAP 31 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magistrum

DOITSU NO KAGAKU WA SEKAI ICHI
is a Top Artist Alumnus
WIP

I'll try my best to final submit this time, I swear on my Genshin account

This is my CAP31 WIP design, based on the Star-nosed Mole.

A Ground-type Diamond Storm user made me think of Miners, and what else could emulate this theme better than an actual mole with a gemstone on its face? (well, the crystal covering the face is a design choice, but still) The Star-nosed Mole offers this great defining feature, and to integrate the Miner theme, I added elements such as the top of the head made to resemble a Miner's Hat and claws made to look like Excavator Arm.

I'm not yet settled on the color palette and color separation so anything is still subject to change.

As always, comments, critiques and criticism is greatly appreciated!

WIP
[image]
I'll try my best to final submit this time, I swear on my Genshin account

This is my CAP31 WIP design, based on the Star-nosed Mole.

A Ground-type Diamond Storm user made me think of Miners, and what else could emulate this theme better than an actual mole with a gemstone on its face? (well, the crystal covering the face is a design choice, but still) The Star-nosed Mole offers this great defining feature, and to integrate the Miner theme, I added elements such as the top of the head made to resemble a Miner's Hat and claws made to look like Excavator Arm.

I'm not yet settled on the color palette and color separation so anything is still subject to change.

As always, comments, critiques and criticism is greatly appreciated!
*kisses him*

as for critique, i love the design and concept but i feel the face might be a little empty. maybe give it a snout?

Modedit: Removing image from quote.

Last edited by a moderator:

fx

moon tourism
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
WIP

AFAD4398-10D1-435E-9BE9-2926B081EB1D.jpeg

Ultimately, I ended up scrapping my original iguana design. I didn’t feel the design matched its potential metagame role, so for that reason I opted to go for a more bulky-looking design, as shown. I also wanted the design to be flexible to accommodate either primarily physical or special base stats, so for that reason I gave it a mystical mask which I took inspiration for from the plant Alocasia amazonica or the “African Mask” plant.

One of the main features to carry over from the previous design were the disproportionately large forearms and claws since we’re dealing with a ground type here, so obviously the mans needs some good digging hands. I also kept the diamond-holding tail since I felt it was fitting for the concept.

Any feedback is appreciated!

sun_dew

formerly JAGFL
is a Pre-Contributor
WIP
tortle.png
tortle2.png

My WIP Cap31 design! Pretty happy with it so far but stats/intended role could def. throw a bit of a curveball here. It's a desert tortoise dragon turtle inspired by how dragons are known to hoard gold, gemstones, and other riches. It's also covered in a bit of golden jewelry/armor. Feedback is super appreciated!

Modedit: Changing second full-sized image to thumbnail.

ROUGH IDEA / WIP
ground_diamondstorm.png

I wanted to do something like a sand angler fish/eel/shark thing, but instead of a light it's a shiny diamond.

As I was doing the body shape, I realized it was cat/ferret-like, so I decided to throw in a twist. It's distracted by its own bait-diamond.

Although, I think I may have taken little too much from Colossoil, so feedback and ideas for this would be great!

Im gonna do this now and give opinions. :)

Bloopyghost: I really do like your design. I think it's really cool and creative. I don't know if it was intentional, but he shell looks like a pyramid (which I like) I think with color it can be a top contender.

Unsee: As usual, great design, some people are saying that the geodes make it look like a rock type but I think it's fine. I love dinosaurs and would love our first fossil CAP. (if that's possible)

Brambane: I love the creativity, yet simpleness of the design, I think that this rodent could make a cool CAP.

Quanyails: Not much to say yet, that's a cow

Mr. Pristine: I think this is a great first art post, it looks pretty damn good. Just saying though, it does look a bit like a psychic type too, so be careful of that.

NoahIOTJ: I like both designs, I think I like the camel more though. Either way great designs.

Quotidian: All these designs are great, idk which one I prefer, so pick one that you think would fit the glove best and from there you can make something great.

Felis Licht: This dude looking kinda funny... oh yeah, great and simplistic design.

Zephyri: I like the stego design best, though it does confuse me, it took me a while to find the head. But I hope you run with that design.

fx: I like this dude. That's all i gotta say. Actually my fault, it looks a bit like a ghost type so carful.

mark6870: Nice turtle, I love the design and it's prob one of my favorites rn. No complaints here.

Shadowshocker: I like the design, but I worn you, you do look like a steel type rn. But if you fix that with the colors then it does look good.

StephXPM: I like the concept, I dont like the face for some reason though. And it really doesn't look like a ground type with the colors. But it is creative so I'll give you points for that.

Sunfished: I like the design, and can see it going somewhere!

ausma: I really like both designs, but the left one looks more like a pure ground type, while the right design does look a bit rocky. And I love both designs, definite contenders.

Magistrum: That mole is a mole, and it looks great, no complaints :)

JAGFL: Wow, so many people doing turts, I love this turtle. It fits perfectly and can be a top contender!

K. Roolest Shark: Most confusing design, but I guess that's it's charm, I can see where it is going and can see it being a CAP mon. Keep up the good work!

PlussSpAttackPlusSpeed: I love this sharky dude, I wanted to do a shark too, but changed my mind. Yours is one of my favs rn too. Idc that it takes a bit from Colossoil, it can be it's rival for territory for all I know! But it's good so keep with it. (my opinion)

Mine: Obv the best here, Mhuhuhuhuhuhu! (joke) Mines bad, it looks like a bug type too, which I'll try and fix with colors, gl everyone!

Zephyri

put on your headphones and burn my city
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
WIP

I know that I said id stop developing designs until abils started but i had an idea i thought was cool and wanted to develop it before i inevitably forgot about it LOL.

Concept: King (of diamonds) Cobra. Tried to include as many diamond motifs as possible w/o being repetitive (tail, abdomen, hood). Colors aren't anywhere close to definitive; I think I like the idea of using earthy reds/yellows/light browns, but that palette is generic as all hell so I might experiment a little. I'm not too fond of the stego design as of now so i think I might just develop this and the lemur after abilities and run a poll or smthng, assuming the chosen ability doesn't just wipe one (or both) of the designs off the face of the Earth lmfao.

<3

WIP
546 sin título_20220402231400.png

546 sin título_20220403082136.png
I almost forgot about posting my WIP xD

Rn i have 2 ideas, a mole that has some mega-steelix like diamonds (im not that good at drawing mons so i want to simplify them), and a snake that protects a diamond (and has some diamons and diamond-like patterns)

Modedit: Changing oversized image to thumbnail.

WIP

Was playing around with a little sand slime gutatama type in an hourglass waiting for the time to pass but was having trouble incorporating diamond storm in a way that didn't just feel random. But then had a great idea of Diamond Storm being like an 'ultimate power move' kind of a thing, and thus sand slime piloting an hourglass mech was born. :) Also plays nicely into a common mech trope where there's a limited amount of time to pilot -- in his case once he drains to the second glass he times out and needs to be flipped back over to continued fighting. Definitley will iterate some more but pretty happy with this draft.

WIP
Updated look for my submission. Tried to make it more expressive and "cute" rather than creepy as per some suggestions I got. Redid the design for the bottom spherical portion so it made a little more logical sense and changed the style around to make it look more like an actual pokemon this time. Still have to cleanup some lines but any additional feedback on how to improve this second version would be appreciated.

Last edited:
[image] Updated look for my submission. Tried to make it more expressive and "cute" rather than creepy as per some suggestions I got. Redid the design for the bottom spherical portion so it made a little more logical sense and changed the style around to make it look more like an actual pokemon this time. Still have to cleanup some lines but any additional feedback on how to improve this second version would be appreciated.
loving this. Maybe either remove the nose or make it a simple shape like the rest of the design? I would also make the forearms larger.

Modedit: Removing quoted image.

WIP

Pangolin_CAP_31_embedded.png

Modedit: Changing oversized image to thumbnail.

Finally got my drawing setup made, so I'd like to introduce everyone to my Pangolin friend! Taking inspiration from how pangolins sometimes walk like dinosaurs, this guy is both as cute and as tough as he looks!

WIP
CAP31-1.png

Here's my offering for y'all this time around! Based upon the Elephant Birds of Madagascar, as their great size and robust form evoked Ground-ness to me.
I was struggling to think on how to incorporate the move framework and was blindsided by a memory of a concept Blorengerhymes fielded on Discord a couple CAPs ago -- of a very snotty ostrich. The idea here is that this creature consumes vast amounts of soil, and minerals it can't metabolize end up crystallizing in its mucus. It then wipes its nose on its back to adorn it with finery. Watch out for shotgun sneeze Diamond Storms!

WIP

It's a dodo! The tip of its beak is diamond-encrusted, allowing it to chip away at the ground or other objects like a pickaxe. Since the dodo is a flightless bird, I'm hoping it doesn't give too much of a Flying-type vibe, but it's covered in dirt to show the Ground type. I'm not convinced this'll be my final design though, depending on the stats and ability so I'll leave this as-is for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)