CAP 4 CAP 4 - Final Product

Status
Not open for further replies.
or more, depending on how many prevos it has HOWEVER, it would take less
time to design them, as we already have a base for the prevo (make it cuter, problem solved :A) and a movepool ._.

Also animation

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I have discussed this quite a lot with a few people, DJD is happy to program in the CaP Pre-Evos if there are made, I would very much like to be involved with (or help to run) the making them but have little time remaining after commitments to LCF and collage, most of the LCF is happy to have LC CaP's made but many would prefer not to have them allowed on the main LC ladder if it is on the CaP server.

I personality would love to finish of the pre-evos (Emburn, Syclar and now the probably Breezi) if only from a flavor perspective, but with competitive use in LC it would seem very odd for us not to. It would be much more simple to make a pre evo than a new Pokemon as much of it is already decided (or can be by a quick "do we want the same/different type" poll), and the rest can be streamlined.

A thought, though maybe a little ridiculous, we gave syclant his
own ability, why not this thing, one that whips up a 5 turn tailwind when sent
into battle, the wind is how he travels, so why not =/

Edit: Another note, if this thing is flying, would that give fidgit access to roost?

^ Not really. Drifblim, Gyarados are flying type and they don't have Roost. I will admit, this guy could rest it's wee little spirit on a branch or something, but it would risk ripping it's chute.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
mmm.. It would probably be best to wait 'till the pre-evo process is a bit more clear before going into too much detail about this thing, I know people have expressed support for the design and name but nothing has been voted on and it is kinda off topic from Fidgit's finishing thread.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yeah, this thread is drifting off-topic faster than Breezi in that awesome animation by Atyroki.

I think we've done enough with Breezi, everybody. It's cool, it's cute -- but it's done.

Let's focus on the real creation of CAP4 - Fidgit.

DougJustDoug

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I am working on it. There were problems today with the Smogon server, so I didn't get to work on it as much as I wanted. But, I do have Fidgit operating on my private server. I still have some bugs to work out before I put it on the CAP server. I'd like to have it done in the next day or two. But to whet your appetite, here's a screen shot....

Haha, I was wondering how that was gonna work, last 3 times you
battled the people who made the sprites, but this time you made it :A

DougJustDoug

Haha, I was wondering how that was gonna work, last 3 times you
battled the people who made the sprites, but this time you made it :A
That isn't the "Official First Battle", since it wasn't on the CAP server. The official first screenshot will be in the OP of the playtesting thread. I don't know who will get dibs on that first battle. Probably Cartoons, since he was the brainchild of the design and the name.

Awesome! It'll be fun to plan a team around Fidgit's unique abilities.

I've noticed that the pixels go right up to the edges of the allotted space given to sprites. Not a big deal, but it still irks me a little. Perhaps an advisement for future would-be spriters would be to leave a one pixel 'bleed' area around the sprite so it wouldn't touch the edge?

edit: noticed something similar with Gengar. I've never used him, so is that just a quirk of Shoddy? I've never noticed other sprites getting cut off like that (Gastrodon's kinda fucked up though).

man, i can't wait to start playing around with fidgit! it looks so awesome. will we have to re-upload the sprite update package thing? or does it automatically update it?

Yes, it is himself (that's why Bad Admin is the side you can see), probably on another server. He said he uses one to test the CAPs before he implements them or somethnig once before. (And one for his kids, which is pretty kickass). Though it might just be an alt on the server, I can't really check right now.

Give it a shot, and you'll find out.
Doug has quite the poker face. Remind me not to talk in the chat if I battle agaisnt him. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)